Next car I'm fixing on buying is a Mitsubishi GTO VR-4

Next car I'm fixing on buying is a Mitsubishi GTO VR-4.
Tell me why this is a terrible idea.

good thing you already have "fixing" in your vocabulary

expensive spare parts
expensive to fix
gonna need a fair amount of fixing.
if you've got the money and know what you're doing it could be a great weekend car.

don't they require a ton of maintenance to keep running? Conveniently, parts are also expensive as shit. It's a neat car if you have the time and money to work on it.

Nissan made a better version of this and it's still shit

t. 300zx twin turbo owner

320 horsepower, 3800lbs curb weight

A bunch of weird hard to find parts

no thanks

Excellent idea op, I would suggest also considering 80s porches and RX8s. Fantastic cars with little to no problems

Those are some of the best wheels I've ever seen, someone sauce me.

bet you can't find one for sale

>320 horsepower, 3800lbs curb weight

that's it? with twin turbos?

fuck that

I think it's a cool car, however is right.

It's a GT without the big long hood, so everything is crammed in there really tight so it's a pain to work on. It also overheats.

I looked at both one of these and a Z32 some years ago and decided neither of them were worth the heartache.

horsepower, 3800lbs curb weight
>that's it? with twin turbos?

That would not even make it a fast car, too heavy for the horsepower

Stupid fucking wet mouth little nigga that was respectable power back in the day you little rat. FN01RC
how is a transverse mounted 4wd system with 4ws similar to a twin shit 300z?
KYS

>Stupid fucking wet mouth little nigga that was respectable power back in the day you little rat.

In 1999? I think not, an LS1 camaro from the same year had the same horsepower and weighed 500lbs less

and that's just a camaro

Fuck there's a guy on autotrader who has one for sale for $38,000

why would anyone pay so much for so little performance

what is tuning.

More money.

What is not an actual reason, you fucking retard faggot dipshit moron ignoramus.

>what is tuning.

>have some weird proprietary AWD system that also turns the rear wheels to steer
>has not been made for 20 years and was only made in small numbers back then
>let's really turn the boost up on this fucker and see if we can break some shit by exceeding the design horsepower for the drivetrain

brilliant

i'll admit, 38k is a fucking ridiculous price. for that much I could get a supra or a gtr which weighs 400+ pounds less and makes about the same power but is both more reliable and a better car.

For 38k you could get a nice Z06, do some light modding and have 500whp in a 3300lb car

They are both:
>halo cars of their respective companies
>similarly priced gt cars
>tt v6
>same power and torque
>similar weight
>rear wheel steer

It seems the only real difference is the engine layout and awd