Quitting timewasting

How do I quit the two things most stopping my success?

I can't stop arguing or debating idiots and I can't stop going on Veeky Forums...

I really want to use my spare time more productively to actually earn more or build skills but instead a spend a large portion on this website. How do I stop?

As for the arguing, every time I hear people say stupid things I can't fight the urge to not correct them or engage in debate. I know there's almost no chance I'll change their mind, in fact likely even make them more opposed. But I still can't stop.

How do I learn to not care about what people think and get along with them better, even if I disagree with them entirely? Just nod and agree with anything they say? "Feel them out" to agree and amplify what they believe in?

What is the most diplomatic approach to these problems?

gold turkey

Go on a media fast.

Do not read the news or visit news websites or ESPECIALLY /pol/. It is a complete waste of time to care about things that are out of your control.

Focus on spending your time only on activities that will benefit YOU in the long term, be it financially or otherwise.

I don't follow any news or go on /pol/ though.

Veeky Forums and youtube is too powerful. I need to forget and only focus on the $$ but so easy to get distracted.

Its funny how i'll never be late to my wagecuck job, always do my best work, but when its time to do something for myself i dont have that drive. tf homie

feels baddog

Bump

Just have to force yourself to do it. Get yourself banned from Veeky Forums or something or get a program to block the url.

Just takes a modicum of self discipline.

How about the debating idiots bit

The idiot is probably someone like you but with a different stance. Ask yourself how often someone convinces u that your opinion is wrong. Then u'll see how pointless it is to debate people, especially on an anonymous website

They convince me quite often, when they don't use logical fallacies, circular logic or any other obnoxious tactic.

I've been proven wrong plenty of times, considered what they said and then made appropriate conclusions.

I'm not even talking about Veeky Forums, but in real life.

in reality the idiots he debates are often much smarter than he is. So every now and then he learns something, but conveniently he doesn't have to admit it to himself or anyone else.

he goes on pretending he was born knowing everything and being an asshole to everyone, all the while benefiting from the superior knowledge of the people he insults and looks down on. At some point in his life he'll engage in a moment of self-reflection and either shoot himself in the skull or go buy a red corvette and start dating 19 year olds. Either way he won't have to look in the mirror for long.

Really made me think

>I can't fight the urge to not correct them or engage in debate.
>I don't follow any news or go on /pol/ though.

Agreed, I feel like he's the idiot. Sorry OP, you sound very weak minded.

But this isn't the case.

I gladly listen to and learn from people who have any idea what they're talking about or actually use logic and facts.

The vast majority simply hold dogmatic views and don't say anything of value. I know it sounds holier than thou or whatever but really most normal people are not very smart

You can't teach a pig to fly user, you're just gonna be spending energy uselessly, and you're just gonna annoy the pig, or something like that

>I can't fight the urge to not correct them or engage in debate.

Typical SJW Clinton lover

You gotta go back

hey i know this feel
at work i'm giving 100% effort every single day, the most efficient and dedicated worker there

come home, nothing. sit here, turn on an album and shitpost for 7 hours until sleep.

can't even bother turning on a video game or doing a simple 20 minute language lesson, just nothing

I know that feel all too well.

I think that's what separates the wagecucks from the successful people. That subtle but clear differential is what allows people to get ahead and stay ahead.

I mean think about it. 7 hours is a long time. 7 hours. 7 * 365 is over 2500 hours. 2500 hours invested in a productive skill is significant progress.

In ten years that 25000 hours.even more.

How many people can you honestly name that have spent this much time, even a quarter of it doing ANYTHING resembling productivity?

It's hard. It's very hard to buckle down and do. But you know. I think the harder it is the more useful it will prove to be.

Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

Really powerful shit no matter how well adjusted you think you are or aren't. There will be atleast one principle in that book that will improve your life to deal with people a bit better.

bump

testing /biz, cant reply on /adv

Adv is fked up in browsers if that is what you mean

This sounds right.