/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 2nd:
670 – The second Shia Imam Hassan ibn Ali passes away after being poisoned
1513 – Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León first sights land in what is now the United States state of Florida.
1800 – Ludwig van Beethoven leads the premiere of his First Symphony in Vienna.
1801 – French Revolutionary Wars: The British capture the Danish fleet.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Exarchate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

La Plata

This is the Steamcordplaza thread, proper thread here.

>Switzerland
Fucking why

>Now I'm finding out years after her death that the lowborn nobody she was married to somehow became Grand Prince of Bulgaria, and hasn't forgotten my abduction, rape and impregnation of his young bride. He never remarried over the 30 years since she died.
These small stories are the thing that makes CK2 the best GS

Fuck off

Bulgarian propaganda

When the fuck are they fixing CK2?

After they release the EU4 patch.

That northern france looks disturbingly similar to the HYW one

What's the best way to learn how yo play HoI3? Any good tutorial videos?

t. Seajew

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Exarchate
>The Exarchate's borders went on to extend over present-day northern Bulgaria (Moesia), Thrace without the Vilayet of Adrianople, as well as over north-eastern Macedonia. After the Christian population of the bishoprics of Skopje and Ohrid voted in 1874 overwhelmingly in favour of joining the Exarchate (Skopje by 91%, Ohrid by 97%)[4] the Bulgarian Exarchate became in control of the whole of Vardar and Pirin Macedonia. The Exarchate was also represented in the whole of Greek Macedonia and the Vilayet of Adrianople by vicars. Thus, the borders of the Exarchate included all Bulgarian districts in the Ottoman Empire.

r>The bastard son I had with his wife is now my half brother, a lord of Crimea, and raiding the lands of the man I cucked many years ago. At first the dark skinned bastard was just a curiosity born of a perverted old leper's whim, but now I see how important his line of descendants will be.
> At first the dark skinned bastard was just a curiosity born of a perverted old leper's whim
kek

>citing kebab-made divisions as a claim on rightful greek land

based janny purging the undesireable threads steamcordplaza absolutely dead

so what other mods are updated for ck2? what about lux invicta?

CK2+
Lux invicta is shit

Gonna make a Golden Circle Empire.
Should I play as Texas A&M, the Longhorns, Airmen, Louisiana, or the Republic of Miami?

HIP

Just found out I don't have aspergers, slightly conflicted So basically ... parents just told than when I was young (5/6 years old) and I was diagnosed, the person diagnosing me said I showed a few traits of Aspergers but not really enough to say I had Aspergers ... yet they still gave the the diagnosis. I then had a few problems through school, etc, etc.. However now I am at uni I realise I am just exactly the same as everyone else, I show no Aspie traits and I am as normal as can be. Even the other Aspies couldn't tell I was an Aspie until I said I was (I fooled 6 out of a possible 6 Aspies) If I decide to get re-assessed now I will lose all my money for uni and I will be fucked :/, guess I will wait until after uni to get re-assessed and 'officially' be NT. So yeah, got a lot to think about tonight O_O

-SUPPERMAN

The ottomans are broken. They simply become unstoppable, and the ai is way too retarded to do something.

They're always ahead on technology because the fuckers always get 3-3-5 at least. They can conquer whatever they want because the other countries won't do shit about it.

They already have a coalition against them, but they declared war on me. I'm getting savaged by kebab's cock and meanwhile the coalition is just watching, the fucking bastards cucks.

why

I need advice on what to do with Despot Cherouvim.

He had a dream of becoming emperor so he started attacking his neighbors in Sicily, overthrowing the catholic pope with mercenaries, and now he has went ahead and usurped the kingdom of Lombardy.

He is old though, and will die soon. Is there any chance he could still become emperor? I tried my hardest to lead him to success but I've fallen short on the ultimate goal. He had to break a truce to become king so if he attempts to form a faction to make himself emperor he'll end up with no allies besides his own vassals and I'm like 90% sure he'll have to fight off internal factions to stop council power laws. His only ally is a countess with 600 troops.

So what's /gsg/'s opinion of Dark World for CK2?

How do ya like my Pirates of the Caribbean empire?

pic of the coalition. is not much, but we could destroy them

and of course, the commonwealth, which has a pu with austria, will ignore this opportunity

Only Louisiana would be dumb enough to want it.

>Ally Poland or Russia or Austria or all at the same time
>Wait until their manpower is at 0 or low and then attack
>Make the release all European provinces

The sooner the better. The AI isn't hard to beat if you are smart

Occupy NC, they had a lot of pirates there.

What religion is that Columbian Confederacy anyway? Why are they called Columbian when Columbus and the nation of Columbia never went anywhere near it?

>R&I posts the same picture everytime his duplicate thread gets to stay up thanks to his mobile proxy posting

poland has moscovia as an enemy ;_;
>low manpower
>the ottomans
it never happened

For starters, the mamaluks get beaten too easily. their ai is retarded on purpose i guess

so is HPM dead or what

yes

>Oh no, not again..
>No, this can't be right, the midwife must have performed the birth incorrectly, I shall deal with her, she shall be punishe-
>No! Nothing of the sort happened, it's us, it's because you're my Uncle and I am your niece, this is God's wrath for our consanguineous marriage.
>Uncle-niece marriages happen all the time, nothing of this sort happens, this is the midwife's fault, her head will rol-
>I know.
>What?
>My mother, your sister, she told me. Before she died, she told me who my father was.
>What are you talking about? Your Mother was a Nun, your conception was immaculate, a miracle from the heavens abov-
>Stop it, Father!
>..don't ever call me that, do you understand me? I am not your father, I do not know who your father is, your mother was a slut, it was probably some two-bit farm hand! Don't pass your Mother's sins on to me!
>It's okay, I know you loved each other very much.
>This was a terrible idea.
>What?
>The only reason I betrothed you was to prove to the clergy that your mother and I hadn't committed the ultimate sin. No man would be foolish enough to marry his Daughter-niece simply to cover up his prior wrongdoing.
>You only married me to avoid the scrutiny of the Church?
>Yes! And a fat lot of good it did too, the birth of a second inbred child is all the proof they need, I'll be excommunicated, that's if the mobs don't get to me first..
>I thought you married me, went through with it, because you loved me. I thought I meant something to you.
>Wait.
>What?
>You went along with this, knowing I was your father? Knowing our children would be like this?
>There was a chanc-
>You're more of a whore than even your mother was! You willingly left our Children to suffer this fate just to-
>So did you!
>I didn't.. The church, the people, the scand-
>I still love you.
>You're sick.
>You love me too.
>You're deranged.
>Don't say that.. Daddy.
>This was the biggest mistake I ever made.
>Then why did you do it?
>What?
>Thrice.
>It.. It felt good..

They're Charismatics. Also, what's NC? I'm sure I know, but.

What's broke in ck2 now?

>Charismatics
What even.

And it's North Carolina.

but why

What else is worth using?

Lube.

any advice?

neat

Charismaticism is an Evangelical heresy which is portrayed as being a middle ground between Christianity and Revelationism. Like Revelationists, Charismatics emphasize upon the miracles and wonders depicted in Christian texts. Unlike Revelationists, Charismatics still believe in the non-miraculous aspects of Christianity and believe that miracles are simply the representation of gifts by the Holy Spirit that can be attained by baptism and strong faith. As of 2666, Charismatics make up a majority of the population of Southern Appalachia.
In-Game Description Edit

Charismatics are not known as such because of their charm, but rather their belief in 'charismata', gifts of the Holy Spirit manifested in miracles and signs that can be endowed simply by baptism and faith in the Holy Spirit. Such wonders include the ability to speak in tongues, miraculous healing of the cripples, gifts of prophecy and more events often considered 'supernatural'.

Because it's romanwank shit and pretty nonsensical at it

Show the kingdom you hold. I'd probably give up on making him an emperor unless you have a really strong heir that could take on the succession with basically no time to prepare.

lost another game as moortugal due to bankruptcy...

did they change something? don't remember being so hard to manage loans

Honestly your character is probably inbred too.

I've played many game where I had to break the roaches(namely Byzantium; Ragusa -> Croatia -> Balkan Empire; Venise). It's always the same shit. You have to break them at the reallybeginning or waituntil Russia turns into a monster.

Usually Ottomans will fight Poland or Russia at least once. It's your best chance to strike. Wait until they send their troups far away then rush to take constantinople and other fortresses. Then watch their exhaustion skyrocket.

Having strong allies is a plus..

Other solution when you play as a small country nearby:

>become ottomans vassal
>never help during war so you keep you manpower at max level
>get everyone that hates them to support your freedom
>fuck them when it's the best time

The latest DLC

Shit, I did too much foreign investment in my satellite Hungary, and now they're going to become a great power soon.

What the hell am I supposed to do to stop it?

Also, check out my epic map of Europe. Every major country except Imperial Germany is fucked. Just the way it should be.

Oh, so weirdo snake dancers up in the mountains somehow took over the lowlands.

They start as a unified Evangelical Church.
If that other user has them as Charismatics it's because they lost an internal revolt. Charismatic's are an Evangelical Heresy, you'd know them in real life as the Pentecostals (although both are real).

He was run over by a truck in China and bled out on the street for 3 hours while people walked past.

Specifically

Close down all your factories there.
WITH NO SURVIVORS

As a non-American, is it worth playing this mod?

>starting with Charlemagne as Northumbria
>Karloman grows well and strong, has children
>manage to get a matrilineal marriage with his second son
>if I kill his primary heir, I could acquire Middle Francia
Should I be the Eternal Anglo?

Wait for Mayo and Texalex 2.0

encourage communism there

It's not even worth playing as an American

I've already an alliance with ol' Charlie because my third daughter is going to marry Charlie's fourth son

>Weirdo snake dancers in the mountains
The Revelationists have their own religion.

It's a nice change of scenery. You might not get some of the references/choices but it doesn't matter too much. I don't get some of the references and choices that are outside of the region I'm from.

i've been quite unlucky. It is yet time for poland and the ottos to have a war, and muscovy never became russia. At the beggining i couldnt do anything, i tried to ally with the mamluks when they were still alive, but they preferred to open their ass. I doubt we could have done anything, anyway.

And poland has been an enemy of russia most of the time. If only i had chosen poland instead of russia, maybe i would be winning now

>tfw snakemen died out in my game

>killing emperors because your ambition rules you

Yes.

DO IT.

i fucked up the quote

Hermetic society and most shit that deals with items

There are some guides in the archive. Read them then give yourself a trial by fire as Germany. You'll pick up the game in no time.

then do option 2, become vassal and break free.

I don't even know what the new DLC is or care to look it up really

But didn't several mods have items done quite well already? How'd they fuck that up?

That was free, they want you to pay.

>catalonia fucking both spain and france

He controls most of Italy and Sicily.
I moved him from his old capital in Panarmos to Rome since I figured any young boy in the Byzantine Empire would want nothing more than to live in and rule over Rome.

To tell you the truth the original plan was to fight until white peace so that my son would inherit a claim on Lombardy but my Catholic mercenaries pulled through and won the war again. They sure do love spreading Orthodoxy to the world.

The items were also all memes, including glock 17s.

what kind of hideous graphics are those

what nonsense

I can't be the only one that thinks that ck2 is worse with all the nonsense DLC now

it went into complete shit when they switched the based devs with the current memers

Okay

We get a lot of resditors coming here, claiming 769 is the best start, devil mana is a good thing, India wasn't just bloat, sunset invasion is great, this place is actually worse than

The world trembles as massive Chinese modernization efforts see the creation of a new eight banner army equipped with western weapons and training. Russian and Dutch advisers still licking their wounds from the last war with the Japanese seek to arm the Qing as a counterweight to the Japanese's own militarization.
Recent reports from the Manchurian puppet state reached Kyoto warning of this force. The public worries as their sons are sent out to Takasagao and the treaty ports in what may be the only possible way of stopping the Chinese juggernaut and seizing on her instability to arm warlords against one another, much like the Anhui. Over 600,000 Japanese soliders have been deployed the largest deployment in Japanese history, and rumor is heard of plans for mobilization to challenge the Chinese numbers.
In two years Japan will overthrow the Qing emperor and remind the Chinese of the true master of the orient

I'm not defending Paradox at all (I think the DLC is absolute shit, especially the Devil Worship nonsense and the unfinished Hermetic Society. Most of their DLC is absolute nickle and dime dogshit) but to play Devil's advocate one could assume that this is a handcannon that made it's way along the Silk Road. Even then, though, it's appeared about 300 years too early. Paradox is so incompetent they couldn't lock artifacts behind set date.

Even worse is that all secret societies are stored on a single text file, meaning you can only have one Secret Society mod at a time.

>can only get 57.7% and my king has 0 intrigue
At least it's still gavelkind

Even if it did, 20% morale damage? That's fucking retarded, nevermind the prestige gain.

Wew I completely missed that. What the fuck

Are there any CK2 mods that differenciate between Castration and penectomy? I want to be Byzantine Empress and have a load of male quasi-eunuchs with penis but with balls intact, so that they can't cum but they can still get frustrated as I tease them and still be disciplined using them.

The whole point is it gets rid of the balls. Thats what stops the testosterone and the distractions. Youre just cutting off kids penises for fun at that point.

I mean, that's obviously what he wants

No, I want to tease the men. If you cut off the balls they lose their sex drive, making them terrible slaves. If they keep their balls they're forever frustrated and you can keep them in line easily through a swift knee to them.

First battle of the war is a glorious victory for the Japanese empire. Southern and Northern invasions plans are proceeding perfectly

I'm naughty and pirated EU4. Can somebody mega the mod Veritas Et Fortitudo 3.3, pl0x?

What start dates in ck2 are interesting to convert to EU4?

Vicky combat loses really aren't realistic.

Just a few months into the war and the Qing are willing to capitulate to Japanese demands: the creation of an independent state of Guangdong with significant Japanese invesment

Can I go above 100 warscore in demands?

So quick question pls respond, is it best to just disable satanic cults til they're fixed? I remember having 3 consecutive rulers get killed by tainted touch.

I've literally never been targeted with Tainted Touch and I never turn them off.

haven't checked gsg in a while
do you guys still get raided

a

>Can I go above 100 warscore in demands?
not without
>cheating