Buying a pick up truck pls respond

Can you guys help me out? I'm in the market for a 4cyl manual transmission pick up. Just to haul my bicycle around.
I found this on my locals craiglist.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6150802478.html

1988 GMC S15 **64k miles**
I called the guy up and he said he's getting rid of it because he's getting married and needs more space. He says he's the third owner and that there's logs of the previous owner when he went to put gas and him logging the mileage.
It looks clean to me, he gave me the vin and on vehicle history it looks good.

Is it worth $4650? Should I get him to lower the price?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6153095337.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6145143912.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6143582964.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6149611731.html
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6155112365.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6123113015.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interior

Engine

inspect it for rust. If no rust is found, offer 4k

A 4.3 would be better. and something 1996 & up for obd2.

Pretty neat little truck. 4.6k seems a little high. Offer 4-4.3k and see what happens

It's pretty rare to come across one of these in good condition. They're usually owned by gardeners and they smash them to shit

Sounds like a plan. I'll offer 4k cash right there.
From the pictures it looks in really good condition. So I'm really tempted to just go for it.

A duratec ranger is a better choice.

Is ford reliable tho? I've heard bad things about the ranger.

My dad's has 237k on it. If you look on Craigslist lots of them have over 200k. You see more Rangers running around than s10s. It's also newer and has a bigger following. The Mazda engine is goat.

I found another one for 3k less. It's more beat up, is a year older, and has 20k more miles. Guy says he changed clutch and fuel pump. Should I go for this one instead?

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/6153095337.html

Bump

No.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6145143912.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6143582964.html

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6149611731.html

The dimes are literally a dime a dozen, and they're all quality for the most part.

I wouldn't spend that much just because it was well taken care of.

I picked up a 93 with the 2.8 v6 2wd 5-speed long bed standard cab with a quarter million miles for 1k on the nose, and I'd hate it if it looked as good as the one in your pics, because I bought it to be a cheap beater truck, and I don't feel bad about scuffing the side while loading it here and there.

>trying to get him to buy a ferd
You're evil user. Those things start tearing at the seams at 100k miles.

For what you're doing you'd be happier with a 90's ford ranger or a mazda b series. They'll go 200k miles no problem. They are built to a higher standard and are usualy under 1000 dollars

>I've heard bad things about the ranger
From who? Rangers are great.

DON'T GET A MANUAL RANGER

stick to their automatics genuinely mean it

What's wrong with manual rangers? Automatic just takes the whole fun out of it man.

Nothing is wrong with the manuals. He's just a faggot because the one he bought had problems.

>telling him to buy a GM product
S10s are objectively inferior to rangers

ford rangers are one of the most reliable small trucks, it's like saying to get a camry or a civic

I was shopping for a newer pick up and test drove a bunch of different ones, and all the rangers I drove, I don't care if it was the 4 banger, v6, or big V6, they all felt weak as fuck paired with a manual, like first gear just never wanted to grab, going to second had no pull, and holy shit, the whole way through, it was junk.

Automatics felt fine, but their 5-speeds are shit.

>Pretty neat little truck. 4.6k seems a little high. Offer 4-4.3k and see what happens

4 kilobucks for a 30 year old Iron Duke?

How much would you pay for it?

>Just to haul my bicycle around.

Just buy a minivan or a bike rack for your car instead of a decrepit pseudo-truck

>putting a bike rack on this

[Citation needed]
He's got a point.

I'm my opinion, these are priced Fair. The 2wd is an king cab, automatic and has decent paint and milage for the price

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6155112365.html

The 4wd is standard and has power windows and cost a bit more. I think it looks nicer too. Great for hitting those off-road trails.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6123113015.html