How come people prefer the ecoboost over a V6?

How come people prefer the ecoboost over a V6?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#2.3_litre
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

slightly more horsepower and loads more torque.

Because the V6 is shit

It's pre-turboed.

it's lighter and given the affordability, empty engine bay and great numbers sold some people like to cram in fuck hueg tarbos
otherwise the stock tarbo a shit

It's a ricer's muscle car. Same engine as the FoRS but RWD.

Is it true that the ecoboost is the same engine that's in a ford Focus?

It's because the ecoboost is a very modern feeling engine, while the V6 and V8 feel ainchant compared to it

the V8 doesn't feel ancient, It's a dohc vvt engine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#2.3_litre

The V6 is amazing and more reliable can't think of a reason to get an ecoboost i4. You should really be getting the v8 when you get one of these.

The V6 is lighter try again.

Focus ST and RS, yeah.

Four cylinders is lighter than 6.

The ecoboost is actually like 6 lbs heavier or some shit like that. The extra weight is all in the turbo/intercooler/piping and such

But 6 is a heavier number than 4.

The RS runs forged internals from the factory. Also, if you have a later production run of the engine they reinforced a weak spot between cylinders 2 and 3. Crank it up and beat it daily with no issues.

Forged internals
>Overheats like crazy
>Slower times and 0 to 60 than the V6 because of this
>Can't handle more than 450hp safely
>Needs premium fuel
>Sounds like a Focus RS / Mitsubishi evolution

>V6 has faster times
>Can use any fuel
>Same miles per gallon, although some reviewers like Car N Driver noted that the V6 used less fuel in their tests.
>V6 can handle 600hp at the crank before needing forged internals
>Sounds better

Every time people talk about 4 or 6 cyl mustangs I just ask myself why

t. stangman

not having the wolves turned so they're barking at each other baka

Did they fix the lack of room for shifting when you put a big drink in the cup holder?

My Mustang 2011 has the cup holder right at the back of the shifter and while I can still shift, anything bigger than a small cup of coffee gets in the way of my arm when shifting.

>can run any fuel
>buying a performance car
>running regular gas

>wolves
coyotes
>turned so they're barking at each other
Doesn't look as good. I could easily move them it's just a stainless disc wedged there I chose not to stick them permanently

>GT mustang runs on any fuel also
>PREMIUM FUEL IS OPTIONAL.

Although, some guys discovered a slight amount of hp/torque gains in both, v6 and gt when running 93 octane fuel, like 3 to 5 gains in each.

why would anybody run regular gas in a mustang?

Cheaper and big engines don't mind.
The owners manauls says it can run on regular gas so it can and there's no need for higher octane because it's destined to do so.

Unless you mod your car or something.

It's kind of a tight area if you have a very large drink in there. No problem with say, a pint sized water bottle

There's some guys I know from the forums that only fill up their Mustangs at the airport with 100LL

I like the extra detergents and the HP boost from 93/94 but don't live close enough to fill it with high test exclusively and also daily drive

Then there are some people that only use regular, their group tends to overlap with those that complain about prices of insurance, synthetic oil, and premium tires. They tend to get rid of their cars pretty quickly

So Ford hasn't really fixed that problem, it's like they design the Mustang with the automatic transmission in mind.

I get both depending on my mood. Should run a blind test of regular vs 93 and see if you could notice any difference whilst driving. My rationale is the thing still has 400+ horsepower even with 87.

Tuning wise you can do a lot more with a i4 2.3T than a v6 without going too deep into internals. I think a 'stage 1' is like +70 ftlbs of torque, not bad. It's also cheaper and makes more power stock, plus decent gas mileage. I will admit it sounds weird when you see a mustang and you're expecting v8 burbles but instead you hear a lot of intake sound

mustangs sell day in day out, maybe not as much as F150s in places like the south, but a lot of normies buy them. Think they all give a shit about performance? Also all modern stock ford engines on stock tunes can deal with the differences in octane. Also most can take up to an E30 blend (not that it will have any effect on performance without a tune)

Try driving it under WOT on a hot day and see just how much the ecu retards the timing from the knock.

Yeah you won't get more power from a NA car if it's designed for 87.

You get slightly more than 1% HP gains over 87 with 93 octane in 6gen GT

More tuning potential and can be optioned with the performance pack

I don't even think they sell the V6 anymore

Hasn't really noticed much of a difference, last week in one of the hottest days (43C) I climbed La Rumorosa (Very curvy and inclined drive, pic related) and didn't notice any nock at all, the engine was also extremely responsive and sounded healthy under those conditions, even though I was really pushing it (the engine was almost all the time at 3 to 6k revs), and it was running on 87 octanes.

The engine is designed to work with both, 87 and 93 octane, there's no noticeable difference when using any of those.

The ONLY time you may notice something is when changing fuels, from 83 to 97 you notice something for a few miles but It goes back to normal.

This is also true for the V6 3.7 engine.

There's the V8 and then there's the economy engine. And it isn't V6 anymore.

You missed every other point. It's already turbo, so there's more tuning potential than an NA 6

Because V6's don't belong in a muscle car

>muscle car

Those were made between 66 to 72.

Maybe to purists, but most people consider a full sized american coupe with a large engine a muscle car

Key word large engine

5 liters isn't large

Yeah, not really... 5 liters is pretty large by today's standards though

>muscle car
pony car
ftfy

go back to /mlp/

benchracer please... turbos and apparatus will weigh more than a n/a engine.

Why would you chose the v6 mustang over the 2016 v6 camaro?

I'm not being sarcastic. Isn't the camaro a better v6 choice because of it's engine?

My Focus is the same, you can't shift property with a tall cup there. A 350ml can or small cup? no problem

I guess not when it's hurting your eyes so much. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't chose neither, but damn the Camaro is ugly.

>subjective

Yes, Camaro V6 is actually more redeemable performance wise.

I sometimes feel like I'm the only one that likes how the new Camaro looks, I mean aside from the horrible visibility from inside.

Honestly this is the first generation of Camaro where I'd even consider owning the V-6. Mostly because it's not super Base tier anymore and is a respectable mid-range. (Also 1LE available on it helps me)

>V6
Not even once

that's... exactly waht i meant
it's easier to get power out of the 4banger and when you do you get a lighter result

>not bad for a two year old

What did they mean by this

that's faggy as fuck. go away, boomer

buttsore millennial

no, just saying, those are really faggy. like something a furry would keep in his Corolla.

If it's dual overhead boat anchor it's large.