Veeky Forums vs Veeky Forums

>Are you employed by one or both?

>Are you riding one or both?

uber

Riding uber

Both are shit. Just take the train faggot

No and no. It would be OK only as a search engine for people with similar commutes, but since people drive for them as an employment (even if they freelance in paper) its really just a front for an unlicensed, uninsured, tax-, minwage- and regulationdodging cab operation.

I dont know about other countries, but in germany you cannot just put some toblerone paper on your car roof and be a cabbie.
>registered business
>full insurance for the customer
>clean rep sheet from the police
>tested for actually knowing the area you operate in
>TÜV (emissions and safety checkup) every year
>cannot refuse diabled, so fleet has to be able to carry a wheelchair
>regulated prices prevent price warfare and the following monopoly

Now compare that to uber drivers. Private to private ridesharing is OK and encouraged, but fulltime ubers got outlawed pretty swiftly.

>No thank you YOU FUCK!

I don't wanna share my space with cheese smelling stink ass nigger-boos.

This. Ubers business model is unlicensed, underinsured operation and tax dodging.

Nonwhite countries problems.

Neither because I have a real job, my own vehicle and i don't live or work in the city like a retard

Leave it to governments and market monopolies to try and crush new businesses. Fucking Eurotards are the worst offenders when it comes to this stuff.

>WAAAAAAH THEY ARE EVIL
Why?
>THEY ARE UNLICENSED
Why are licenses necessary?
>UMMMM I DON'T KNOW IT'S JUST BAD NOT TO BE LICENSED

This is the thought process of bootlicking betas

What part of underinsured don't you understand?

Also unlike in Jewish America you don't just exchange money for a license in Europe, you actually prove your qualifications. Not our fucking problem that every area of your lives is exploited for maximum ripoff, you fat burger gobbling cunts.

Any sort of non government regulated (still private owned though) taxi service illegal here in Nofunland. Things are loosening up soon, I think.

>Nofunland

Where are you living? Haiti?

>Also unlike in Jewish America you don't just exchange money for a license in Europe, you actually prove your qualifications.
A drivers license isn't qualifying enough? How does that boot taste you submissive bitch?
>Not our fucking problem that every area of your lives is exploited for maximum ripoff
UBER IS CHEAPER THAN TAXIS you dick munching pussy

>employed
ree

>A drivers license isn't qualifying enough?
Considering the skill level required for a burger license?
>UBER IS CHEAPER THAN TAXIS you dick munching pussy
Because its drivers skip on adequate insurance and paying taxes.

>A drivers license isn't qualifying enough?
Anyone who drives others for profit (cabs, limos) has to get an additional license beyond a regular drivers license.
It's supposed to ensure a minimum standard of driver competence.

this tbqh

Never either, but I'm staying in an airbnb when I drive to Indiana for a week.

Finland.

then how come they still drive like shit? aren't they supposed to be the most qualified ?

Can you still make money doing this?

I have 50k in credit available , might as well buy a car and drive around

This t b h.

I rode uber and lyft once each because muh free first rides. Have never used them again, and it's been over a year since.

>how come they still drive like shit
Kind of relative, isn't it? Anyway, how the fuck should I know?
I'm just pointing out that driver for hire gigs usually require more than a standard driver's license. They call them "chauffeur's licenses" in most places, even if its cabbies that hold them.

I've been driving Uber since September. It was the reason I got a sedan instead of a smaller, more convenient car. The money is incredibly good on payday weekends, and holidays like Christmas and New Years. The rest is mostly meh, unless you want to trash your car with base fares don't bother.

Uber itself seems like a shitfest of a company but there's kinda less scummy in my country. They support you a lot, they even put a phone number for emergencies and such. Uber is also illegal here, but if you get caught they'll pay the fine for you (around $800)

>if you get caught they'll pay the fine for you
that seems kinda fucked up in and of itself.
isn't that like a dope dealer in California employing lower level help out of state?
>hey if you get caught in Utah i'll bail you out

One of my friends only really drives on weekends at peak times or on special occasions (holidays, big game days, concerts, etc)

Neither, my city is too poor for this and we already have taxi stations where you can call them on the phone to pick you up.

>I have no idea how the world works, but i think taxes, insurance, safety and quality regulations are unneccessary: The Post
You DO realize you have to be at least 18 years of age to post here, right?

Case: An accident happens that injures the customer.
>regular cab: fully insured against this case, no issue
>uber: uh, um, well...

Case: The customer is bound to a wheelchair.
>regular cab: sends a car with enough storage room for the wheelchair (trunk of a wagon is enough most times)
>uber: wheelchair wont fit in my prius, sorry no service :^)

Case: how can i be sure the ride is safe?
>regular cabs: required to do periodical inspection of vehicle
>any car not older than 10years qualifies :^) I wouldnt trust some normie with knowing even the least about how to maintain their rustbucket

>Are you employed by one or both?
No. Nor would I consider it.

>Are you riding one or both?
Have used Uber a few times before the poos hopped on to shit it up into Taxis 2.0. The appeal to it was that it was mostly dumb kids trying to make a bit of money (not knowing that they were being screwed) so they'd know their way around the city.

I take Lyft and Uber regularly, depending which is cheaper.

>accident
That's what the driver's insurance is for. No different than if a non-paying passenger is injured in an accident.

>wheelchair
This is what you're gonna go for? I mean since all of us amerifats drive oversized SUVs anyway, not an issue.

>Safe car
Most place have mandatory safety inspections. I've never once felt unsafe in a Lyft/Uber. Never had to ride in one that was worse than the Crown Vics the cab companies use around here. Shit, the last Uber I took was a brand new Cadillac.

All the actual cab drivers around here are half-functional Africans who suck at driving, suck at English, suck at knowing where anything is, and will try to scam you at every turn. They're all driving garbage, billion mile CVPI's.

The Lyft/Uber drivers I've dealt with have been young professionals looking for some extra cash or bored retired people looking for something to do. They've always been in decent cars with clean interiors and nothing obviously wrong mechanically (no clunks, bad sounds, bad ride, etc). I can watch the app and know when they're gonna show up, and that they actually will show up.

Wow what an experience?

I've used Uber once when my car was in the shop. It was pleasant.

i use uber, its all been good except 2 times ive had people randomly cancel my rides and i never figured out why

2 times ive had uber rides registered, and then i'd send them the gps pin of exactly where i am and then 15 minutes later theyd just cancel my ride with no explanation

granted i live in seattle and have used uber more than 400 times according to the app, so 2 out of 400 isnt bad