Is it true that in Europe, you can buy a brand new cars like a BMW for example without air conditioning...

Is it true that in Europe, you can buy a brand new cars like a BMW for example without air conditioning, remote key access, and back up camera?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OZAZ98C9JzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah there's this thing call trim levels so you can choose the features you care about.
You yanks don't have that?

Not for European cars as they are usually sold fully loaded otherwise you need to custom order.

Air conditioning isn't necessary in a fair few eurocolonies, I never use my A/C here in the UK

The second thing is almost always true, I wouldn't buy a car with that gay key and I don't need a camera, which I think burgers will need after May 2018?

Do you get fewer options over there? It seems like a lot of people around where I live buy base models, that doesn't seem to be much snobbery about your trim level

This was true in 1990 maybe.
Not now.

this is the barest bones steel wheels BMW 3-series you can buy for example

whys the shifter crooked?

My last car was a Dacia Logan with no power steering, no electric windows, no central locking, no ESP, no radio, no fog lights and a 5 speed manual gearbox.

Bought brand new in 2013.

and this is a base Mercedes (say something nice about her)

ergonomics shit because it's the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE YO

I don't think even Ford Or Chevrolet sell cars without Air Con anymore. The other two are pointless frippery.

This Ford Fiesta is the most bare bone car you can buy new for 13k.

youtube.com/watch?v=OZAZ98C9JzY

My first car didn't even have power steering and I managed just fine.
"Men" turned into wimps.

>be American
>want to buy Focus ST
>get a choice of ST1, ST2 or ST3 package
>done
>that'll be MSRP + tax + dealer markup + tip

>be German
>want to buy Focus ST
>get a choice of base model, leather sport model or leather exclusive model
>hatchback or estate body style
>2 liter turbo petrol with 6 speed manual, 2 liter turbo diesel with 6 speed manual or 2 liter turbo diesel with 6 speed dual clutch automatic
>optional extras: easy driver package, performance package (black or silver), technology package, winter package, active city stop, cruise control with limiter, rear parking sensors, backup camera, heated steering wheel, child safety seat mounting points front and/or rear, key free system, heated wing mirrors, electric folding mirrors, blindspot assistant, sunroof, tinted rear windows, 19'' wheels, protective rubber flap on doors, 9 speaker sound system, 10 speaker sound system, DAB, DAB+
>price is MSRP + options (list price) incl. tax minus dealer discount (usually 20%+)

Yeah and some kid in Myanmar grew up without running water. Doesn't mean everyone should

Dacia Sandero.
see also Although these days Dacias come with ESP as standard. Still you can get one for €6,999 brand new.

>>be German
>>want to buy Focus ST
nice to see europeans are recognizing american engineering superiority

Focus is a European development, you clown. Ford of Germany, Ford of UK.

Except the Focus was developed in Cologne, Germany, the engine is built in Valencia, Spain and the car is assembled in Saarlouis, Germany.

Ford only started selling STs in America this generation so if anything it's you guys recognizing German superiority.

>Buying Dacia
>Buying a fucking Logan

I think he was referring to cars in Burgerland

Logan MCV is a sick car m8, if you can't see the appeal in a basic simple and no bullshit car that will never let you down and is super practical then I don't understand you

Australia has the same complex ordering options as Germany, but the tax and pricing scheme of the United States. This country is fucked.

nigga the only american thing on this car is the badge

It was a great car for the 4 years I had it. Needed something cheap and reliable with lots of space and no luxuries and it fit that bill perfectly.

I spent exactly 0 on maintenance for these four years and sold it for €4,000.

>no radio
Did you buy a radio?

Yeah some cheapo 20W piece of shit that at least had a USB port and 2 speakers for the doors.
Came to about €100 total.

You can order most or less things but in a premium brand like bmw A/C is mandatory you can add remove shit like cameras doe

Paki specials

>reliable
>basic simple and no bullshit car

niggas please, that car doesn't have anything in it that could break, it's literally the most plebeian car on the market. The only thing you can do with it is scare romanians in traffic.

>that car doesn't have anything in it that could break
That's what makes it basic, simple and reliable.

What's the problem?

the problem is that their engines are mediocre at best, the interior is full of plastic that will start to "sing" in like a year or two and the cars are also pretty ugly and "basic" overall.I'll give you the fact that they are simple but the other user was lucky to go on 4 years without a problem.

It looks like its in first gear or reverse

I am the guy who had a Logan and I know 3 other people who also have Dacias (2 Sanderos and a Duster) and they're all happy with them. Besides even if something went wrong, it's a brand new car that you get 5 years warranty on.

They're not luxury cars, they're not sports cars, they're a fantastically sensible choice for people who just need cheap transport. They barely depreciate at all (on average they keep 60% of their value after 5 years), they're fairly economical to run, and at the end of the day, I got the largest estate car on sale in Germany for half the price of a base model Ford Fiesta. AND I sold it for more than half its initial price 4 years down the line, to a dealership no less. Probably could've gotten more if I'd bothered to sell privately.

Do tell me what I should've bought instead for €3,000 that would've been as spacious and reliable. And old Ford Transit with 200,000 km? An old E-Class with 300,000?

I forgot to add, full coverage insurance was HALF what I paid for liability only for a Golf.

You're telling me you bought it for 3,000 euros brand new in 2013? is this bait?

>+tip
Nice meme there friend.

I bought it for €6,999 brand new in 2013 and sold it for €4,000 in 2017.

Net loss: €2,999

I realize I'm assuming that if I'd bought a used car it would lose all of its value because it pretty much would.

why not buy a quality used car in 2013 for 7000 and never sell it ? And actually used cars don't drop in value as much as a new car, so in 2017 you could probably get the same money if you really wanted to sell it( You'd probably get around 3,000 -3,500 euros for a 7-8 year old used car).

My mother and my father both have dacias (one is the logan sedan and the other one is the mcv wagon), both at around 120k km's, one bought new, one bought after somebody crashed it and it has been repaired under warranty and resold from the dealer. They have caused exactly zero problems apart from minonr rust despite being around 9-10 year old cars. One of them still has the original brake pads as far as i know lol. Simple cars, they arent anything to write home about but they use old and tested renault parts so they dont cause any problems whatsoever. Really a value for the money.

>dacia
GOOD NEWS

You're assuming that I could've got a decently sized reliable car that's 3 years old for €7,000. Yeah nah.

I bought a 1997 Golf for €3,000 in 2007, had 70,000km on the clock. One previous owner. Sold it 6 years later with 140,000km for a whopping €100 because literally nobody wanted it. Dealerships, private buyers, even the fucking export companies told me to fuck off because nobody in Africa wants a 3 door hatchback.

Don't think I didn't look at used cars before I bought the Dacia. On a €10k budget I found 10 year old Passats, 15 year old Audi A4s, and an 8 year old Ford Focus Estate with 160,000km that would've needed another €1,000 in repairs to get through the next inspection. All of these cars would've had less space in the boot and been more expensive to insure, more likely to go wrong (with no warranty) and depreciated harder over the same time period.

That whole scrapping scheme around 2008-09 where the government paid people to scrap their old cars left a huge hole in the used market at the time. Shit's either ridiculously expensive or completely worthless.

So say I would've bought a 2003 VW Passat with 150,000km in 2013 for €8,000 (which is something I was actually considering). 4 years later and I am now putting on the market a 14 year old car with 250,000 kilometers on the clock. Nobody's gonna buy that for 4 grand. And that's assuming nothing went wrong with the car for 4 years, and ignoring insurance and tax.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get a better deal or more value for the money than I did, but the Dacia was a safe choice and it served me perfectly well. I'd buy another one if the situation called for it.

>I bought a 1997 Golf for €3,000 in 2007
You're telling me you actually fell for the european "3k civiv" meme? Of course no one wants to buy a 16 year old golf that was worth 3,000 euros when it got bought. And you also got the 3 door version, which is inherently shittier than the 5 door one when it comes to sell value. You know what this tells me about you? You might actually be shit at evaluating a car's value, which means that it was the better move to just buy a new one because you might have gotten scammed trying to buy a more expensive used car.
I've just checked online some shitty 1.6 Gasoline VW Passat cars and they go for around 3000 euros( as i said in a post earlier). For a better 1.9 it can go up to 4k.

Now, if you're happy with your purchase, i'm not going to shit on it because i don't know what the hell you did with your car. All i'm saying is that Dacia's are not really that great as some posters(or maybe even you) argued for earlier in the thread.

Also, please tell me that Golf didn't have a gasoline engine.

>you can buy a brand new cars like a BMW
More like Dacia, which are old Renault's models sold by Romania. Ladas too. But nowadays car are full of shenanigans, there was cars without unnecessary things like 7 years ago, but not now.

That's the American slogan. In Europe it's "Freude am fahren".

>there was cars without unnecessary things like 7 years ago, but not now
I'd like to introduce you to the Suzuki Celerio, one of the most bare-bones shitboxes on the market right now.

>Less than 70 HP

Dropped

It's true with some Toyota as well. We ONLY get the Land Cruiser with every single thing it could possibly have, which makes it 80k USD for us.