twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>jalopnik
>>>/reddit/

>17291623
[you]

[this guy]

like it would ever you.

This is bulllshit

I am in this industry. Porsche is simply making the "problem" worse. By making the cars more exclusive, they drive up the resale price even more. Stupid Saudi playboys, newly rich chinese, and silicon valley spergnerds will pay whatever is asked for "the ONE omg it's so special" car. It also helps that these guys are often a money laundering operation where the actual value of the product doesn't matter as much as its perceived ability to command a high markup.

You can't stop it

ya seems like the only way is to not care about it. i still want to get an air cooled porsche someday

I wondered why so many Cayman GT4's where available 2nd hand at inflated prices. I thought anyone who would have bought one was so into cars that they would have wanted to keep them.

Wether chinese or saudis buy up limited edition cars for speculation or collecting doesn't interest Porsche at all. A sold car is a sold car.

But what rustles the other customer's jimmies (and that matters to Porsche) is that they keep missing out on attractive products like the 911R or the GT3 4.0 due to high demand

That's why they try to satisfy those that actually wanted an 991R by reintroducing the manual GT3 and soon adding an option package that essentialy turns the GT3 into an 911R.

Imho that's pretty based

If there are some retards buying these overpriced second hand cars, then let them pay...
I don't give a fuck.

>Porsche: Hey look, people that show interest in our cars... Let's destroy them

can 930s just get cheap please

i want to commit suicide via turbo lag

>i want to buy a porsch
>will you drive it
>yes
>*sell it 3 days later for 140% what i paid*

I hate this whole artificial exclusivity game manufacturers play
if people are willing to pay high markups on recent models then they should just produce more of that model
I kind of understand small companies like Koenigsegg not being able to keep up with demand
but for example Porsche limiting the R to 991 examples is just pure special snowflake branding bullshit

>dude just build more lmao

>He told them that Porsche is an automaker, not a “hedge fund.”

>so the automaker says it will start getting tough on car flippers to ensure their sports cars are sold to people that will actually drive them.

Fucking based.
Car flippers are DISGUSTING and can go fuck themselves in their eyes.

Not like it worked with the new Ford GT.

>“collectors” who were pissed that Porsche decided to offer a manual transmission in the all-new GT3 because they felt it would reduce the value of their 911 R

FUCKING FAGGOTS

>implying this isn't a political decision
>and Porsche wouldn't be capable of building more than a thousand cars
>of a model variant of which's base model they are making 30k+ annually

But why not just produce more cars of the desired type? They never explained the reasoning on making them limited in the first place.

>porsche
>political

you are an idiot

political as in how they can maximize their brand value
so they can sell more cayennes and macans
which overall makes them more money

reminds me of Paul Walker hoarding e36 LTW's

>Right now I have the largest private collection of E36 M3 lightweights, which is, in my opinion, the best generation of the BMW M3. The lightweight LTWs, they only brought 60 of them to the States and they didn’t come with AC. They were basically like a weekend racer’s car: real light, everything just lightened up like what the GT3 bearing is to Porsche. It’s just really cool, so I started nabbing those up a while ago, because I realized that was going to become the “it” car. I got in just in time. I amassed a bunch of them, so I’m just going to sit on them for a while.

rest in piss faggot that money is doing you real good in the grave isn't it

retard fucker

>political as in how they can maximize their brand value
That's not politics, that's microeconomics. Stop talking about stuff you know nothing about.

>That's not politics, that's microeconomics.
maybe if you are some social sciences researcher
but as a mechanical engineer that's exactly what you call a political decision

>STEMlords
>knowing anything about social sciences

Microeconomics is economics concerning a singular entity (like a firm such as Porsche) making decisions. Your own education cannot change that definition.

sorry for triggering your autism and inferiority complex by using "political" figuratively to describe an opaque management decision
in gross disregard of its precise definition in economics
I'll promise to do better next time

this, faggots

>I don't know how being a manufacturer works.

All these assmad speculators ITT
Good on Porch-uh for wanting people to drive their cars.

>I don't know how being a manufacturer works.
so please enlighten us on why they are only doing a limited edition

Porshe pays up front labor, materials cost, and overhead to build 5x more cars then last year before a single one has sold in a market where people only buy them because of their limited production.
only x number sell that year so that means the remainder will have to be sold at reduced price or not at all, so wasted money. There are much more profitable cars to be made.

Let's be honest, even if they were available you couldn't afford one working at Taco Bell anyway.

>But why not just produce more cars of the desired type?

Well that's what they're doing now.

Also this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_edition

I love watching autistic nerds get butthurt about resellers and investors.

>considering buying a few R34s in canada before the mass import to america begins
>don't have the money

Damn.

Ya know I was gonna call you an edgy faggot but that's actually a pretty good point and pretty faggy behavior on Paul's part for being such a 'car' guy.

Thanks it means a lot to me, sweetheart

Faggots like you are why it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation anymore because you throw words around incorrectly and assume you know your shit when you don't.