/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Skullgirl Edition

>Latest News

>Skullgirls News
>Happy April FACTS Day! #Skullgirls' Japanese voices and lobby fixes are now deploying to US/EU PS4 versions! Steam 2nd Encore DLC tonight!
>twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/848338356685623297

>The #Skullgirls PS4 patch release was the last major roadblock getting in the way of the @LimitedRunGames release. Thanks for your patience!
>twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/848338356685623297

>Indivisible News
We've got full VO! The last stretch goal to hit is multiple endings and hard mode dungeon!
indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/

New music from the Indivisible soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=_CL5C94uAxQ

>Beginner Stuff
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In

>Official Forums for both games
skullheart.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki//lzg/
youtube.com/watch?v=cNQBLq6KMtE
superhappy.tumblr.com/image/65739747380
kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/158664842280
vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=339067
youtube.com/watch?v=LiD3m-nxJA0
allofthelewds.tumblr.com/image/159165738733
twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG/status/849010961583296514
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62238657
yamada-2.tumblr.com/post/159073342776
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best girl.

now is probably the ideal time to pick up the DLC pack that I've been putting off. wew, full story mode voiceovers in both English and Japanese + big patch, feels like Christmas tbqh faam. how is the trial stuff? is it normal marie hard or marie 300% hard?

I don't think you'll get much use out of trials or challenges. Voiced story mode is nice.

Why didn't you post best girl?

>I don't think you'll get much use out of trials or challenges

Yeah I was sort of underwhelmed by both of those. Most of the challenges are kind of boring and I wish they did something more creative with them. Though playing as Marie was cool.

Voiced story mode is the real draw of 2nd Encore content.

I think it would have been cool if they had added a mode where you could make custom challenges though, with the option to lock buttons or add poison or whatever, kinda like that custom versus mode in smash.

not that it would have come close to outshining normal play either, but it might have been fun for some laughs.

do the japanese voices also do the alternative voices like salty parasoul and politician double?

I tried and the answer is no.

Avian hakase, watashi wa black egrets

Post lewd marie

How old is marie

Not legal

why are all jap voices shit

Bad translation

that's the downside to dubs, never quite reflecting the spirit of the original work.

More annie

because japan is shit

Physical edition when?

Threadly reminder to post suggestions for the /lzg/ VGL team. Players, music, whatever comes to mind. Suggestions will be open until the 15th with a poll shortly after.

implyingrigged.info/wiki//lzg/

Nevermind, they're not all shit.
Robo Fortune is cute as HECK

PBGC get hit

LRG guys said it'll probably take within 7 weeks from now for shipments to start, at least for the PS4 copies.

Did you get all of the ones from last thread? There were a few more after Commissar Leilani.

Yup, I got them

Being able to set Fukua's voice to Japanese is nice. Makes her sound more unique.

why did you make her head so xbox hueg
still das it

bumpan thread

das a gud mimi

Nancyfriend edit this

demand guy you're as bad as the source pls guy

There needs to be more nancy

There really doesn't, this meme has always been retarded.

in due time

Look who's alive and streaming, on Youtube of all places.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNQBLq6KMtE

Wasn't he serving for the Military?

I have an idea for a cute screenshot, what stage should I do it on

gehenna is the cutest stage

I got the cute screenshot.

nice work

Oh, I was one frame late with the tag-in. Oh well.

superhappy.tumblr.com/image/65739747380

kuroirozuki.tumblr.com/post/158664842280

vidyart.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=339067

FUCK
MARIE

>linking an oldass image that has been posted many times before
???

It's even in the in game art gallery

Challenges aren't that interesting past, you know, challenging yourself. Trials are alright but you're better off learning bnbs from videos and stuff
MK styled shit would be fun. But MK has MK funding so

it's the start of the apawclawlypse!

Whoa, were those all active JP SG players on his friends list? I think I saw Milton and a couple others on there. That's a good list!

guess what

youtube.com/watch?v=LiD3m-nxJA0

neato

I wasn't expecting anything new today

i'd rather feel the power of her brown eye

cool. I've really been liking these new tracks.

so then this keeps up the pattern they've had so far of new music every *other* monday.

hey man
sounds like we have a new goalhorn

allofthelewds.tumblr.com/image/159165738733

I wonder if this track kicks in when Ajna activates her Heruka mode

best girl desu

>they still didn't record the magnet super with the Japanese VA

twitter.com/IndivisibleRPG/status/849010961583296514

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62238657

Her poor spine

yamada-2.tumblr.com/post/159073342776

Just got the game because it was on sale. Also am completely new to fighting games (unless you count smash :P).

How the hell am I supposed to do tutorial chapter 4 part 7? I've been trying this for a good hour at least.

Which is that?

It's with Parasoul
It's a cHP > jMP > jHP > jHK > sLP > sMK > cHP > jLP > jMK > jHP > sLK > sMK > cHP > jLK

I've been able to make it as far as the final jHP but then when I try to do the sLK after it I'm always too late then it resets.

Drama gauge, I assume the final combo
DESU I've no idea, that's the only tutorial I've never completed
Just skipped it

Oops, wrong reply target

Ah, that one took me a bit too since I'm shit at fighting games, but I can tell you it's doable since I managed, and this was like last month.

If I can get back to my desk soon I'll try it out and post if I figure out anything with the timing.

NEVER MIND I FUCKING DID IT!

Good job sticking with it then.

Hope you enjoy the game. Skullheart should be your go to for resources and Discord cam find yoh matches.

there ya go! just like in smash, perseverance like that will pay off in spades.

Monday Night Blockbuster is currently underway.
Japanese voices on deck!

twitch
.tv/missionstartpodcast

>tfw got an exam tomorrow
I'll watch the vod I guess ;_;

Oh man, the undizzy tutorial. Took me almost an hour to get that down, and I've been playing fighting games for years (though SG was my first time really delving into Marvel-style chains).

Really as long as you understand the concepts being explained you can skip the homework assignments any time you get stuck. Can always come back to them later if you want.

I completed the undizzy tutorial and I still don't understand that shit.

Starting at IPS stage 3, green bar goes up.
At IPS stage 5, don't start a new chain while green bar is full.
When the opponent is at neutral, green bar goes down.

I understand that.

What I don't understand is what you can do at full bar to avoid triggering burst. I know what IPS does and that undizzy is not that, and I know you can start at negative undizzy with a counter hit, but for some reason I swear there is part of the tutorial where you do a different chain and it lets you continue for longer.

Counterhits subtract Undizzy, I remember there being a tutorial with that.

I'm the guy that was struggling with that one bit in the tutorial.
So other than doing the tutorial (now done) what should I do? Practice learning combos? Play verses people? I have no idea.

In the context of someone new to fighting games*

Practicing vs people is always more valuable than practicing combos, but you should probably get some basic combos down first. Remember that a BNB combo is something you can pull off consistently, not necessarily something optimal.

Being able to do a guaranteed amount of damage every hit you can get is more important than getting optimal damage from a lucky hit.

You can chain up through IPS stage 4. Bursting isn't possible until stage 5. And you can always keep going for resets, as long as you reset before stage 5.

IPS stages are a little complicated, here's the best I can explain it:

Stage 1: Jump-in, if your combo starts in the air. Otherwise this is skipped.
Stage 2: First ground chain, or second air chain.
Stage 3: Next chain, whatever it is. IPS starts watching your moves now, and Undizzy starts accumulating.
Stage 4: If stage 3 was an air chain, you can do another air chain and that's stage 4. Otherwise this is skipped.
Stage 5: Everything after that. Bursts are possible if you start a chain with a move previously used or when Undizzy is full.

To simplify that a bit, most combos usually look something like:

>(1 Air chain >) 2 Ground chain > 3 Air chain > (4 Air Chain >) 5
or
>(1 Air chain >) 2 Ground chain > 3 Ground chain > 5
and very rarely you might see
>1 Air chain > 2 Air chain > 3 Ground chain > 5

Honestly even though IPS/Undizzy aren't that complicated, I do think they're easier to understand during gameplay than they are to explain. Since you really get used to the flow of combos after a while.

Like for me, I didn't know all of the IPS Stages by memory, but I just kinda started to know during play when to begin watching my inputs, and what points I wanted to start burning meter or going for a setup.
It doesn't even feel arbitrary. It's like at any point where I feel myself getting too lazy or greedy with my strings I naturally end up doing something that triggers a burst.

I've been setting my alarm to Under the Bridge (removed the intro) and I think it's been helping me wake up earlier. Thanks Ben.