/rsg/ RuneScape general

You all got pranked edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=12/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,863,65894952
>Previous week Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/a=12/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,542,65890651
>Mining & Smithing Rework Design Documents
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?16,17,641,65878961
>Luck rework documents
docs.google.com/document/d/1T-IBMnYsPBFETiZq7cNem_SpUnNHE7RXvn4MHpN9enY/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kuramamusic/without-u
youtube.com/watch?v=gLZ264vO1E0
docs.google.com/document/d/1T-IBMnYsPBFETiZq7cNem_SpUnNHE7RXvn4MHpN9enY/edit#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it's real
There goes that money making method

Top kek
Wild pie/chompy hoarders btfo

>has to clarify he was just kidding 10 minutes later because of the massive amount of butthurt

this is comedy gold.

Delete this

before you retards panic sell

POST LISTENINGS

soundcloud.com/kuramamusic/without-u

>Group of friends continue to chunk out Telos drops on a daily basis
>Meanwhile I'm dryer than the Sahara desert
b-but it'll even out eventually :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=gLZ264vO1E0

i have yet to complete a weapon

First 50 kills out of my 100 (queen) black dragon task.
R8 my shit luck.

Seriously I thought QBD dropped runite ore more often than this.

seems kind of average t b h

Runite is only about a 1/25 drop rate, so with only 50 kills it's not unusual for you to not have any.

so the gem dragqueens are not in my wheelhouse but perhaps running the fancy new nxt on my toaster-top is
anybody got the deets?

I wish it were real, the butthurt would be hilarious.

This is a rather significant update for NXT, introducing a new launcher (2.2.4) and the following changes:

A crash that sometimes happened when a mass amount of players and locations overlapped has been fixed.

The launcher frame has been removed.

Interface changes have been made to the client to deal with its own window. This includes save, restore of position, scrolling, access to launcher options.

The OSX and Linux client has been changed to a binary executable.

Fixes have been made to OSX and Linux crash reporting.

The ability to turn off terrain blending has been added.

The ability to turn off ground décor has been added.

RAM and video memory usage has been reduced.

Script functions have been optimised.

An audio-related crash has been fixed.

Compression has been added to the disk cache - its size has been reduced from 12GB to 3-4GB. As a one-off, you are recommended to leave your client at the login screen for 30 mins to apply the compression without slowing down your gameplay.

Performance of disk cache validation has been optimised (up to 7x faster).

Loading performance has been optimised for non-SSD users (up to 2x faster if fully defragged, more if not).

Fixed a crash that would primarily occur during disk cache download at high speed or on a bad connection to the server during gameplay.

Minimum width and height has been added to the NXT client.

A freeze some players experienced after re-logging from the lobby has been fixed.

Particles which previously looked washed out have been fixed. Red particles will no longer look pink!

An issue where hint markers would sometimes cause freezing and crashing - in Fist of Guthix or Castle Wars, for example - has been fixed.

An issue where low-spec machines would crash on start up has been fixed.

Inconsistent normals have been updated.

A race condition with audio has been fixed.

thanks user-kun

did nintendo2024 or espeon get banned?

nice dud

>The ability to turn off terrain blending has been added.
> The ability to turn off ground décor has been added.

bueno

>Particles which previously looked washed out have been fixed. Red particles will no longer look pink!

i hope this applies to items with luminance, too.

75atk
72str
70def
72con
66pray

Full Bandos + Sara Godsword.

Am I good enough to try God Wars dungeon?

I honestly have no idea how it'll go. You'll probably only be able to get a couple of kills but you can always try

if you pot up and have a decent familiar i s'pose

Get 70 prayer and you're good to go senpai

Don't expect to be able to nofood it though.

Are there any popular post-dungeoneering pre-evolution of combat servers?

OSRS

So anyone have a quick rundown on these new meme dragons? Besides needing wildpie to kill them

new slayer memes meant to devalue high tier gems that also drop worthless t80 hybrid armor so they can introduce a new tier of gems later with Mena Probably Soulstones

but soulstones are already in the game

well there's already a good chance the soul altar will be in mena so it's my best guess

>introducing a new tier of gemstone
>even though they introduced a new one literally last week

lapiz isnt even new though it just got a new use
the newest gem is probably hydrix and i dont like to count that because it needs another gem inside of it
we could get something like green jade or perhaps quartz i dont think those exist as items in game yet

I meant the alchemical onyx

its just an alternate enchantment for the onyx not really a new mineral

what matters is that they're planning to make a new tier of jewelry with it, whether it's a recolor or not is irrelevant

how bad is the update

sources on their intentions?
guess ill save up my fortunates for the time being

>The idea is to add a new tier of jewelry and gem that is a step up from Onyx but not at the Hydrix level
>Also adds a new type of gem which could open up some more crafted jewellery going forward
docs.google.com/document/d/1T-IBMnYsPBFETiZq7cNem_SpUnNHE7RXvn4MHpN9enY/edit#

How rare is Biting 2 + Venomblood? I've tried around 50 times with no luck. Using 3 Direct, 1 Healthy, 1 Evasive, also tried 3 Direct with 2 Healthy.

DOA

I don't want to comment too much on the new dragons since I haven't tried them while assigned them as my slayer task yet, but so far they seem pretty shit

>gem armour is charged with uncut gems
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Where are the dragons even?

Is this the worst update of the year so far?

you don't read updates?

No, you could just fucking tell me and save me 20 seconds instead of shit posting like an edgy retard tho.

Nevermind, someone in Prif just told me. KYS

>helping you learn that and any other information you might need by telling you to read the whole update is now being an edgy retard shitposting
what a baby.

>Exactly, even more money spent just to fight the hydrix dragons off task, almost as if fighting them all the time would be broken amounts of money and maybe exp.

Either way the point stands, besides other potential loot, their armor will be worth money just like ports armor is.

kek

Their armor is worth money though?

T. Armacus

Are you saying I'm wrong?

Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger useless sack of shit

Thanks for admitting it.

>tfw spent 100 dstones in the hopes they'd be good
at least i got them all from pvm and made my own pies

>200m xp in slayer
>Need to eat a pie to kill a monster
t-thanks jagex

>nxt update delayed
like pottery

imagine investing hundreds of mills into a flopped update

>wilder pie boost doesn't have a 15-second warning like every other sort of long-term buff

>literal geert pie

explain.

>attuned teleport seed isn't in the pocket slot yet
it shouldn't take this long to QA that

Over a decade of playing on and off, and I only have one 99 to show for it

Construction

Oh boy a hundred noted rings of wealth and dragonstone bracelets, yay!

Who thought this was a good idea?

>14 years
>not even 250 hours playtime
reeeee

This is the first account I ever made, but it wasn't my main. A different account I made about 30 days later was my first main

I sure hope that isn't the account you have 99 construction on

That'd be a neat trick, getting it on a fresh account in 220 hours or less

anudda day anudda dry streak

snipe ma name ill slit ur throat

Do the dragons their own gems? Do they have any sort of special attack nonsense like Rune Dragons do?

>Do the dragons their own gems?
no.
>Do they have any sort of special attack nonsense like Rune Dragons do?
yes.

>Do the dragons their own gems?
i only killed a few dozen hydrix and mostly got diamond/dragonstone crap, but it's possible that onyx/hydrix are (very) rare
>special attack
they'll shoot an AOE spiky gem bomb sort of thing under you that does about 2-3k damage and applies an effect based on the enchanted bolts. there's an animation on the ground that tells you it's coming and it's pretty easy to dodge
>dstone: takes time off your antifire timer
>onyx: lifesteal
>hydrix: removes your adren, makes you only gain half adren for 15-30s

wish i could recover my first account, shitty recovery system

ded thred
ded fc
ded game

What are your earliest memories of RS?

>My first day playing
>Not knowing that you could right click to follow someone
>Trying to keep up with two guys on their way from Lumbridge to Varrock and talking to them by typing one or two words at a time before hitting enter, which annoyed the hell out of them
>Had to type like that due to being a very slow typer at the time

>Halloween "event" re-release on Nov. 1st, 2003 for the kids like me who were offline trick-or-treating during the first scythe drop
>Walking west from barbarian village when suddenly a message like "Happy Halloween! - Jagex" appears in a black box in the center of my screen
>Suddenly scythes on the ground everywhere
>Pick one up
>Didn't think to log out and get another one on another account
>Still regret it to this day and wish Jagex would add some kind of system, like talking to Hans or Django, that checks the date you registered and allows you to claim scythes and other untradeable holiday items as long as your character existed at the time

>The 2D iron/steel fence sprite that marked the border between the F2P and P2P areas
>Standing on the members' side of it in a P2P world, world hopping to a F2P world, and chatting with F2Pers who had no idea how you got to the other side

>Fishing in Karamja on the dock that no longer has fishing spots around it

>Fishing in Catherby
>Bored as fuck
>Play a guessing game with the people around me
>Whoever guesses my password wins a prize
>Since nobody can guess it, play it like hangman. Any time someone gets a letter right, I let them know
>Eventually my password is guessed and I let everyone know
>Change my password using the in-game interface, which is no longer an option of course, logged out, logged back in with my new password, and breathed a sigh of relief that I hadn't been hacked

>Between the goblin village and the wilderness
>Randomly find rune 2H on the ground (in hindsight I assume someone was poisoned and dropped it on death)
>Continued

>Go to one of Varrock's banks
>Mention what I have in chat, not sure how much rune items are worth, but know that they're out of my own price range and I'm lucky to have it
>Someone mentions they can "trim it" for me
>Trimmed items and treasure trails didn't exist at this point, so I don't know why they used the word trim or what they meant by it, but using a term I didn't know about made me think they were trustworthy so I handed it over
>That was the first time I was ever scammed, and one of the last

>Dueling anywhere, but only if you were a member
>Bones fucking EVERYWHERE in Lumbridge

>Seeing 2 level 120-somethings dueling in Ardougne
>One of them had a purple party hat and a dragon battleaxe, the other guy a dragon med helm and a dragon longsword
>Holy shit
>Purple party hat guy won, longsword guy was sent to Lumbridge
>Party hat guy chatted with people nearby afterward, offered to sell his hat to anyone for 750k, a reasonable price at the time

>Many months later
>Saved up for a long time and bought a santa hat for 100-150k
>Several months after that
>Sold it for 250k in Falador
>Haha, I'm so clever. I made about twice the money back on it! I just hope its price doesn't go up anymore or I'll really regret it...
>Fucking kill me

>The day the RS2 beta ended and became the official version of RS, leaving the RSC servers to be treated as a separate, inferior version of the game
>Excited to discover that the morning it happened and telling my friends about it at school

>Thinking the existence of the runecrafting skill, which came out with RS2, was neat as fuck
>Mining essence was a big thing back then
>It always struck me as weird that melee had "infinite ammo attacks," which was fine, and ranged attacks were limited by one's ammunition, but at least you could both craft the ammo and recover some of it
>But to be a mage, you had to use a resource which couldn't be recovered OR crafted. How fucking weird and unfair was that?

>Continued

why are none of the names i want available

Because you're a nigger

>The pre-release of the farming skill
>The 30 day period where you could pickpocket an NPC in Draynor marketplace to stock up on seeds, so there'd be plenty of seeds in the economy when farming plots were released a month later
>Hundreds of people were there on every world. It was nice to see that many people there again after certs were removed from the game. Speaking of which

>Certs
>Banks existed, but noted items didn't
>Most items in the game were un-notable, except some of the most commonly traded items, like swordfish and coal
>There were 3 stalls for 3 NPCs in the Draynor marketplace who'd convert these items into certs, which are the equivalent of notes today
>Since you could only convert items into certs here and vice versa, it made Draynor marketplace the most popular trading spot in RSC

>A popular trading message was "Buying/Selling [whatever the fuck], hit 111/hit 333/hit 123"
>Looking back on it, I don't know why this was such a popular way of advertising trades for so many years
>In the time it took to type 111 or whatever, and then to find the person who hit 111, the typer could've just sent a trade request instead. Shit would've been way more efficient. Since most of us were kids, I guess we never realized that

>Trying to power level on monks of Zamorak at the chaos temple, thinking this was a good training spot

>Saving up for mithril chainmail, addy legs, and other shitty armor sometime in 2003. Feeling invincible once I had a full set of armor, even though it didn't match

>Beating every quest in the game and being allowed into the legends' guild

>Meeting Zezima 4 times. Twice at random, once at Edgeville bank when he reached 99 herblaw (now called herblore) which made him the first player to reach level 99 in every skill, and once years later at a house party he hosted

>Finding Bob the Jagex cat before that quest-related amulet to find him ever existed and he was this huge easter egg that wasn't even confirmed to exist

I didn't play the game since like 2007 or something. Is it worth starting fresh now? Does it still have the comfy RS social aspect to it, or did it become like all the other generic MMOs?

Everyone has autism. Clans have mostly moved to discord and shit.
The game's content still sets it apart from every other MMO, especially the quests, which just make other MMOs look pathetic.

the new dragons are so bad lmao

Prepare for them to be buffed to be better than telos then nerfed to less than they are now.

one of my m8s actually gave the dude a hydrix

they already hotfixed the dragons

but all they did was make them drop addy dragon bones and double drops, so now you get a whopping 5k money drop instead of 2.5k!

Tommorow I'am unlocking invention should I sell my anima core of zamorak armour and get Pernix? ATM I'am using an Ascension crossbow with an Off-hand attuned crystal chakram. I could also use the money to get 95 prayer eventually (78 ATM).

sauce?

go kill one.

dude weed lmao

almost 99 range :^)

leddit

I have no experience with invention at all.

Is the cost for energy packs better than repairing weapons?

All weapons or just some?

my earliest memory is playing at the library (I didn't even have a personal computer that was connected to the internet) and I had no idea what the fuck to do. Didn't know any sort of wiki existed, I didn't even know what a wiki was, since I was basically an internet retard until my late teens.
>low as fuck level, never got above 40 in most skills
>never turned member so I felt like a high level since most f2p monsters where shit
>did basically nothing but woodcut in black armor and a wizard hat, using an addy axe on willow trees in draynor for days
>but barely made any money since 1k willows was only about 30k
and thats basically all I did until like 2012 when I made a fresh account.

It's based on tier of the weapon and whether or not you've unlocked the things that reduce drain rate.
It's about the same as normal degradation except it's a universal battery.

Only t70+ and flowers.

Augmented equipment is more expensive to use but it's worth it

>didn't have my own character
>played all day with my neighbor
>we were like level 90 or something
>thought we were the shit
>rune scimmy and anti-dragon shield was top tier swag

>all day crafting mind runes
>fishing lobsters at karamja pier and making all kinds of colorful wave texts
>killing hill giants

We would spend hours listening to techno, cutting willow at draynor and lighting it after full inv, and changing whose in controls after every full inv

>Letting your neighbor use you as a biological xp farm.

Disgusting, wasted xp gains.