/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread : NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png
>Picture of Floral Pants Man (and his sidekick)
i.imgur.com/cKTK7sI.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiG2xO-4Y-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anal with Makoto!

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

What specifically is wrong with shipping Ryuji with Ann?

anne deserves better than an effin' cardio dicklet you d-bag

>i-it adds flavor!!

It's a fine translation, we've been over this.

>No femanon to cuddle with as we play Persona 5 together
>We will never argue over who Joker should romance

you know okaeri/tadaima is shit families say to each other, right

"honey, I'm home" is silly but works desu

>its fine because it works with my retarded fanfic

Come the fuck on guys. Yes, ただいま is used by couples and households, but on its own it doesn't instantly have that connotation, and it certainly doesn't here. In any case there's a huge gap in ambiguity between the two.

>"Welcome home"
>replies with "Honey, I'm home"
this is not good writing

It's just platonic, bro.

I think Atlus USA's taking liberties with this translation as well but it doesn't stop me from being forever amused. I just like to think of these two bantering.

The line had playful connotations in Japanese too, Goro continues it and says that Joker's late in the next line. I probably would've translated it differently, but, it's not worth getting mad about.

goro's next line in jp is "you're rather late"

he's acting like a wannabe-housewife and jp fans made jokes about that exchange for months already

as a translation that's fine

see that's a better complaint

easily fixed tho, just change "honey, I'm home" to "honey, I'm back"

Endlessly explaining Japanese culture and language nuances to an EOP!

>"Honey, I'm home!"

youtube.com/watch?v=xiG2xO-4Y-s

sitcom spinoff when

>"GOROOOOO I WANT TO BE IN THE SHOW!"

The wording deliberately invokes I Love Lucy though, which is what makes it clear it's playful rather than serious.

if we're gonna complain about localization fuckups let's at least talk about an actual fuckup

like what that user pointed out

because this is the kind of fuckup that's actually gonna hurt the story

did they not realize it was foreshadowing?

Ok /pg/ What are you going to name your team of "Phantom Thieves" group Callsign?
The Mystix is what I chose.
Radical Dreamers can't fill in but Rad Dreamers works.

But I also thought of AVALANCHE or 7th Heaven

obviously not, sense they've translated it as if Goro has a grudge against society that drives him, which isn't true.

tfw no gf

exactly

they're both playing around if you pick the "honey I'm home" option

if you pick ellipsis goro continues with his dumb act

if you pick "why're you here?" instead you get a serious answer

nope

probably translated that part without seeing the later scenes and didn't go back to fix it later

it's pretty bad

(idk how the fuck the そいつ fuckup happened tho, even without knowing the scene's foreshadowing that's not plural)

that actually kinda sucks and legitimately hurts his character arc

told you guys

that's the kind of fuckup we should be complaining about, things that actually hurt the story/cast

>/pg/ will handwave the upcoming Goro hate by blaming Atlus USA
Fujos are a mistake

>Atlus JP's Goro is a widely loved and popular character
>Atlus USA's Goro is reviled by the masses and seen as "memebait"
Atlus USA are the ones at fault.

>Goro
>Popular
He is already dropping in the polls.

>source: my butthole

>this guy

Time to leave your little echo chamber.

user is having fun tonight

>pre-launch poll
hi retard

>replying to bait

ayy

wow cool thanks user very interesting screenshot loving the new info that you're so helpful as to provide

I'm sure you guys have already answered this before but will this be getting a midnight release thing?

call your local game store about it, silly

what?
are you ok there friend?

Digital unlocks at midnight here in Australia

>1 am Matador
what did atlus usa meant by this

do you like the song "Down Under" by Men At Work

does the eu version of p5 have the deep silver logo when you start it

Don't particularly care for it either way

most obvious and direct route, but small town in state. the pokemon sun moon guys had a really detailed when it was dropping thing and i was just curious if you guys had anything too. of course i've been avoiding everything to try to stay away from spoilers, so just wasn't sure if i missed it or not. there's some possibility of getting it on monday at 9? that sounds fantastic

Anyone know when dual audio gets released? I already have the game but I'm still waiting for the JP voices to play it.

Already out in Europe, no idea when NA gets it. Probably tomorrow there.

every night is fun with /pg/ friends!

God for fuck's sake

Atlus USA does it again

the phan site was a mistake

any girls in this thread

More Fuukaa's dark skin friend please. I forgot her name.

Wished she had a persona.

natsuki i think

hm......
this is kinda gay.

FUCK ATLUS USA

They move fast

what are the skill cards in dlc?

She was surprisingly nuanced character considering her role, does kinda make me wish they gave her more screentime. Definitely would've been a fresh archetype as a party member too.

gonna have a trip incase any girls want to talk to me later

who's ready, lads?

why is there no severe attack for bless or curse

Theres no Dark skin girls in Persona 5

>Could have got my copy last Tuesday
>Friend of mine saw that someone got an early copy, called the store and they store sold him an early copy
>When I called, they said they hadn't arrived

I should get that store in trouble for lying to me.

Can someone explain the co-op thing? I've read that raising certain characters skills makes it harder to farm money/exp.

should i stay awake or go to sleep

That's Ryuji's rank 7 skill. Makes it so that when you get a chance attack on enemies of a substantially lower level than you, instead of an encounter - they just die immediately and you get a Persona, but no money or EXP.
For the most part, as long as you're not incredibly overleveled, this will never even happen in story dungeons or the most recent segments of Mementos, aside from maybe a few rare occasions. It's just when you're up against lower level stuff.
It does make grinding harder I suppose - but frankly there are better methods to grind that aren't affected by this anyway, like the Reaper exploit.
I'd just advise saving before getting his co-op above rank 7, and going back and leaving it if you find the skill annoying, but I doubt you will.

ONE DAY
N
E

D
A
Y

FOUR HOURS
O
U
R
Plus 7 or 8 because sleep

Platonically talking like a married couple

thanks gamefaqs

NANI

I don't get why people wold bother with Japanese audio when the words don't match with the English subtitles.

desu one of the translation's biggest problems is that it is too close to the original script
with a situation like this, you'd be better off using the nip audio rather than hearing the dub attempt to read such stiff lines and try (and fail) to make them sound natural

Oh so they were too accurate? I thought most times they take liberties.

sometimes they're not and they blatantly translate it in a way they shouldn't have(like the Goro cafe scene where he talks about Shidou)

Adachi is for ______!

Come tomorrow I have a feeling I'll turn on the japanese voices and have to pretend it's an awkward fansub just to cope

Redeeming.

Do nip fujos understand the tongue in cheek tone of it as a way to convey the playfulness of the original, or do they think the dub is off the deep end? "Honey, I'm home" brings to mind American sitcoms and shit so for us it's an obvious funnyman response.

they think it's funny

P5 should've come with a calling card in the LE

so, are we still getting some p1 and p2 stuffs?

They're mostly surprised and amused by it and it's starting to become a meme for them.

Can someone tell me what I get from finishing first/high on exams. Also how do I finish first on exam, my knowledge level was two and I am certain I had all questions correct yet I'm only above average