/hkg/ - Hollow Knight General

Swole Edition

Pre-order PDFs:
mega.nz/#!pRVBEaJT!A-kiUlmaafquGFJ6chvWHHAb0LStsuzo9LCnutH_zMI

Wiki:
hollowknight.wikia.com/wiki/Hollow_Knight_Wiki

(((Idk what happened to previous thread)))

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMVnECeoRhI
youtu.be/nR8beYY69fw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where the fuck is the Quick Slash charm? I dropped down in the area behind the Nailsmith's hut but all I found is a long drop into some large cave with a massive Geo mound in it, and nothing else.

It's around there somewhere.

Please don't

Nevermind I found it, on the other side of the "time to perfectly dash through the spikes" area

you didn't check that first?

Is it possible to transfer steel soul savegames to others? Fuck completing it a 100% again without dying this time.

How's the game's reception going?
Any review? Additional content? Dev discussion and concept art?

It's currently the highest rated PC game of the year, but it's only sold like 65k last I checked.

Keep in mind 65k is better than the devs expected.

Hornet campaign is coming.

I found a new easter egg a few minutes ago guys!

It was full of guilt and sadness.

>shade spawns IN THE BOSS AREA
why is this allowed
I ran into one of them the other day. Literally.

Actually kinda annoyed because if I hadn't seen (your?) post earlier I'd have been a lot more spooked.

It was probably me, up until a couple days ago only a handful of people knew about this enemy and there was only any sort of record of 2.

I've been spreading the word where possible.

To my knowledge I'm the first person to discover or at least publicize the second half of the easter egg, his unlocked home

how do you get there?

Salubra --> left left left

It's literally in the bottom right of the crossroads, left of the charm shop.

Door's locked until you kill a secret enemy that has an absolutely miserable spawn rate and is only spawned by breaking a particular sign (at the bottom of the well).

I watched a streamer grind out finding him for an hour and 15 minutes of sign breaking last night because he flees off screen immediately and the streamer missed him 2 or 3 times on top of the miserable spawn rate.

could you link the vod of the stream?

the video number is 133097702

thanks. some parts of the sound is rip though.

He was doing 80s night to help the grind. It was content matched and muted for having copyrighted music.

Good(?) work user. This fucking game though. How many secrets have we yet to uncover?

>How many secrets have we yet to uncover?
Well we still have no idea what the secret room in the Weaver's Den does, so there's that.

We need more memes

reddit af

Wasps (and aspids) are cool and badass and deserve to be respected, not feared.

it's bullshit these don't get one-shot with pure nail and fragile strength

This general dead?
Should we just let it die?

>he thinks /hkg/ is allowed to die

Where would you put Hollow Knight in the grand order of metroidvanias, anons? I'd put it above a lot of the metroid games myself.

Better than all Metroid in my opinion. A lot of people seem to not remember how short Super Metroid is. Hollow Knight has like 5x the content.

Yeah, but this game's story/atmosphere/aesthetic isn't as tight.

None of the threads have reached 700+ replies in the last 2 weeks before being archived, it's pretty dead.

well there is not much to talk once you are done and people who cleared everything have no real reason to stay too long

Is there any way to watch people fighting in the Colosseum without, you know, being one of them?
Katawa Shoujo general is still going. Allah knows how.

Ah I thought there'd be a general

I just got to the Soul Master, and I can't beat him

Is he optional or am I supposed to just git gud in 2D?

It's okay.. I was scared of being told I sucked so I did it

Wait fuck, I thought I did it so I paused to write that but he has a second phase and I died

kek

Wait what but he's really easy
AHAHAHAHA

I got stuck behind him and just swung my nail. He died in like five seconds. I guess you could deliberately aim to do that.
Answer me fools

Also no he's not optional.

C'mon man you should've figured out what ability he's going to give you by now.

Phase around like a huge annoying bastard?

I'll get him at some point

Think like a plumber.

Also he gives you plenty of time to heal in one of his attacks (I think it's the "I have loads of balls around me" one) so he shouldn't be difficult. What level nail do you have?

The level two nail, you're right it shouldn't be a problem I'm just mad because bad

And yes I love that attack

Personally, I've always found that if you get stuck on something, going away and doing something else for a bit often makes you much better when you go back. But that's for pussies. Stick with it 'till he's dead.

did it!

and the ability he gives is so cool

I can use this in the mines near the start, I think

In the mines it's a bit pointless (you can use the lampbug to get in anyway) but there's loads of places you need to use it -- all over Hallownest.

ayy gj

now dreamnail him and do it again

>Is there any way to watch people fighting in the Colosseum without, you know, being one of them?
no

That spinning orb thing is the worst shit he's got.
Wait until you fight his dream version.

Today's the day I will train myself to use charged attacks

How scummish is it to beat all dream bosses with full upgrades?

use the fragile charms too.
They don't break in dreams.

Well, I've already beaten then. But I waited until I had full upgrades.

Why would anyone fight them before fully upgrading?

Because I am an ass in human clothing. I can't lose. I can't let the game know it's won.

I felt some were to easy and it was a bit cheesy. Like you could just use shadow dash to dash through attacks, and in general they died pretty fast when you had Pure Nail and Quick Slash.

hollow knight switch when?

risk of rain switch when?

hyper light drifter switch when?

checked, and I've been playing all of those in the past couple of weeks, weird

Risk of rain was okay but too unfair right now

>played 99% of this game fuck the colloseum
>got all endings
>motivation gone
Hornet campaign when?

Holy shit you steel soul 10099% completed it?

Does this look like honest people to you?

steel soul is not a "challenge" I enjoy.
the game is fun, but not with ~10h catchup time between each boss attempt.

They look like Australians.

You have my answer.

The game is not close 10 hours though
youtube.com/watch?v=pMVnECeoRhI

risk of rain needs saved items.

I'd love it if they'd just make a standard character and let you pick your abilities and looks.

it would pretty much take risk of rain to the next level awesomeness

where is mark of pride in mantis village?

In the small room to the right. You need to defeat the Mantis Lords first so a Mantis opens it for you.

THAT BANKING BITCH BUG STOLE MY MONEY

that's not WR, this is:
twitch tv/videos/132968080

and this:
youtu.be/nR8beYY69fw

Thanks. I'm surprised how close glitchless is. Because the glitches seem to save a bunch of time.

It can be under 30, probably around 37 if you can do storage OOB glitches consistently but almost nobody goes for them because how inconsistent they are

>It can be under 30
under 40 I mean

When is the DLC coming?

Unknown. In the latest blogpost they're just saying they're making more content.

That any% run has a bunch of new stuff. Do you know who comes up with the stuff?

literally the final bosses of this game

you get an ability spell that you will "need" maybe 2-3 times in the same area immediately after. maybe use it in combat a couple times if you force yourself to, but basically think of this boss as dropping 2-3 small keys for doors you cant open otherwise.

but no hes not optional

How can these cucks have made such a good game?

I haven't checked in a while, how are things going on the lewds front?

is nice

There are situations where the spell would be useful but generally saving mp for heals might take longer magic

You'll find her, user.... eventually.

There's no real hint at all where she is but... she's behind a locked door

>You'll find her, user.... eventually.
It's entirely possible to not find her in a 100% run

You haven't 100%'d if you didn't explore the in-sex pleasure house

100% steel soul doesn't seem so tough. I could just do colosseum 3 and Radiance last. They're not bad when doing them on my completed save.

Now what happens if you dream nail him? Do you fight the universe?

you cant dream nail him

>Dreamnail mender

>it tells you a hint towards an even more secret ending

I said this but then I stumbled onto the Mawlek boss with no upgrades and ded

If you're incredibly patient with that boss it's not that difficult. You have to nail your dashes and spacing though

I sequence broke and had no upgrades. Had to sword hop over to avoid his sneezing. It just jumped on me too many times. Also I seem to fall apart on any fight without Steady Body now.

So what would the best way to take on these fuckers? They are the first enemy I've run to that consistently fucks me up and considering how many there are in Deepnest, knowing any tips to take them out would be super helpful.

You stand next to them and wait for them to open up, then you hit them and dash back. Rinse and repeat.

Hmm, alright. I thought there might be something a bit more extravagant than that, but I guess I'll just have to try to time my strikes better. Thanks.

If you have the charge slash, it's easier to hit and run since the hitbox duration is pretty generous

Not good at drawing but I might try copying this for HK. What thing should replace the demon with? If anyone better wants to beat me to it, go for it.

Deepnest maybe.
Or radiance as the obvious choice.

Then don't play in steel soul mode.
What the point of getting an achievment for something you're unable to achieve?

Perfect.
Second ending OTP

Expressive Hollowy is too weird