/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Got hit by the shrink ray:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>making Eygon cosplay
>realize how overleveled this faggot really is
Nice "build" you have there

>Haha, silly user, Midir is 2ez
>If you're SL127 and do 1k damage every time you hit him :^)

Fuck Midir.

>not having hit every softcap in every stat

only true way to have fun is when you can switch up your build on a whim

this.

>solo gael after a few attempts
>try to coop him
>get smashed every time

holy shit this nigga is on another level when he has 3x health scaling

Where my SL 250 niggas at?

Midir IS easy when you stop panic rolling like a retard and learn to control his moves.
People have killed him at SL1 already.

>tfw SL239 NG+8 with no one to summon but still getting invaded

Maybe I am retarded.

>beat him in co-op ng+x with like 80% host survival rate
>some guy from ng+5 wants help
>get absolutely buttblasted

I've fully exhausted the Souls series, and I'm dying for more content already. Is the King's Field series actually worth playing? Is it unbearably outdated? Does it actually feels like a Souls precursor or only very loosely?

I can't say the screenshots are very encouraging, but I'm looking through the pastebin, and I'm compelled (and a little desperate).

This, Midir and Gael are both garbage for coop. It sucks because I like both fights and want to replay them, but fuck Midir's coop health.

I love it that shitters get punished so hard for summoning in this DLC.
No more 3 summon cheese

the most honorable, most glorious, and most fearsome waifu

sellsword twinblades are pretty cool desu

Probably highest DPS output PvE weapon on things that you can stand there hitting. Pretty awful against anything with a shield or which can be staggered by larger weapons though.

What's a good secondary weapon to complement a Halberd type?

P A R T A K E
A
R
T
A
K
E

Straight Sword or Greatsword

Give me the build please, I need new shit after finding out half of my crap is garbage after all of these updates.

>Is the King's Field series actually worth playing?
No.

Just consider making a break from vidya for at least a year if you are burnt out. Does wonders.

We need more Zullie webms with her wearing her dress.

Partaking, with CMW on your Splitleaf.

15str/ 40 dex
wolf sword on back + pontiff ring (carthus beacon optional, not very practical honestly)

Mimic for dummies:

-Don't lock on, you dumb babby.
-When he stands on his hind legs, he will breathe beneath him. This extends further behind than in front of him, so you should run away in front of him most of the time. If you're at his legs then just run towards the tail.
>His arm swipes are always paired wit another swipe.
>Instinctively roll whenever he turns around, to avoid tail swipe.
>When he does the flyover with his breath, it will always breathe to your right. If you don't have time to run left, you can actually roll through the flame unscathed, similar to chariot spike from DaS 2.
-The mad flailing bullshit can generally be countered by spam-rolling towards him for the duration. He will do this a lot as his health gets low.
-If you can't dodge the dark attacks at phase 2, you're hopeless. Learn to manage stamina.
-He has a forward lunge move which is probably his biggest threat, because it's poorly telegraphed. He will do a small wind up that lasts only a second.
-His beam attacks are easily recognized, so just get to his hind legs whenever he stsrts and you're completely safe to chip away at him while he goes full retard.

that's some cute underwear she's got on

why would the artist make that if its entirely invisible

I fought him at sl85 with a heavy cathedral GS. I never said he's easy, be kicked my ass. Died about 16 times to him. But he's far from impossible

Honestly the game is really not fun with lock on off

He is called Midir

No, you don't understand, I desperately want to keep playing these games. I fucking love them to death and every moment playing them, I wish they didn't have to end, but I can't just replay the same things over and over again or deal with this shitty PVP. I just need another Souls-like game to play as soon as possible. All other vidya just seems bland in comparison now. And I don't have a PS4, so no BB or Nioh for me.

Just beat him, SL 89, straight sword, ~250 damage a swing. Everything he does is telegraphed, man. Over half his attacks are avoided just by zoning yourself, and the rest are simple rolls. The only challenge is figuring out the solution to each od his moves, then having to remain focused for a long time.

Because you can wear her underwear, user.

FUCKING MIDIR IS MORE FUN THAN THESE PIECES OF SHIT

IM FUCKING DONE

>daughter of the Duke
>descendant of gods
>trusted friend to Midir
>the honour of the gods
>the glory of fire
>the fear of the dark.
>all AT ONCE
How can anybody else even compete ?

>overleveled
>summoning
>pointless runs above ng+7
truly the most casual

Post fashion please

>Got him to 30% on my first encounter.
>Ran out of estus.
>Got really focused.
>Got him down to around 10% before taking that fatal hit.

God fucking damn. As if the lightning show wasn't climactic enough, I turned it into an even bigger showdown. Ain't even mad.

what are the best light armor sets besides the drang set?

what are the best dex weapons besides the chaos blade? even at 60 dex str weapons out damage me in pve by huge margins

You've just gone too long with lock as a crutch. Game is great fun unlocked once you've comfy with moving the camera. Lets you do so much more with weapon movesets.

hyper light drifter was a pretty nice deversion for me a couple months ago. every other game i can think of that has been lauded as "souls-like" has been shit especially nioh

>doing a run following a guide to finish all the npc quests
>end up killing the giant before I reach patches in onion armor
>"say hello to the friendly giant!"
>"wait where's the giant"

>anywhere under 400 being overlevelled on NG+7

still on NG midir, kid?

>not doing a 3 summons challenge run

>stabs a mad fuck with a spear
>locks herself in her room with it instead of tossing it into a pit or some shit
R34 of her getting fingerbanged by the Mad King when

>avelyn hitting for 300+ counter damage on people whiffing attacks

acthyually anonymous, Midir is an enlarged sulyvahn's beast who grew a pair of wings, learned how to harness flame and dark and took kickboxing lessons time to time to practice his combos

thank you for your attention, Gwyn bless

Now beat him with a dex build.

>not homeward boning out once you run out of estus

shiggy

Yeah I'm on phone and autocorrect is a cunt.

maybe mechanically, but you can't tell me it's visually appealing when you have to lock at the ground or in some convoluted direction because sorceries and sword swings are tied to camera direction.

PROVIDE
RTHEE
OHSUCC
VEU
IEC
DC
E

>still on NG midir
just finished him ng+ at level 70

phoneposters are subhuman garbage

>big dumb flashlight-looking club

looked better when you were rocking an AGS

I did it on a dumb quality build that uses Ringed Knight SS yet I have 10 more DEX than STR.

So....

I even summoned help who died less than halfway into the fight, so his hp bar was extended on the run I killed him.

Leave his used q-tip alone!

easy on there autismo, having a decent phone doesnt make you a subhuman, if you'd work 1 day in your life even you might be able to get one

>beating anything with a straight sword
>ever an accomplishment worth sharing

I said dex. Quality is perfectly fine.

Yeah well unlike some of you NEETS I got a job, so I can't be at home all day/night wasting my time on forums instead of actually playing vidyums.

do all weapons have the same attack window, with none having longer lingering damage?

by that I mean say someone keeps spamming running attacks at you, using a katana your one handed R2 is a thrust which you can time to counter them. Range is average and the attack itself has to be timed pretty well to hit them. is there a spear or something that has a long attack window? I don't know what the right term is for that.

>tfw night shift so I can only play during the least active hours
I wish I wasn't a wagecuck, although having money is nice.

His "hurt me" windows of opportunity are large enough to accommodate any weapon. What's your point?

>your work station doesnt have a computer
youre only digging the hole deeper, subhuman

I share this feel.

>all these people think SL matters for Upscaled Oceiros
It doesn't. You're going to get one or two shot if you get hit regardless of what level you are, and his resistances and HP are so high that your damage stats barely matter.

My phone is discreet. My work PC isn't.

You suck. Every attack has at least a 3 second telegraph

>want to get back and do dlc's
>be me at ng+
>one reroll left
>can't choose a weapon, everything i have is shit
What do i do? Im in (shitty) dex build now with washing pole\pontif scythe, was thinking about going pontif knight sword but maybe something else? Not heavy weapons (im too retarded to use such slow waepons, maybe hammers are ok) or longswords (im tired of them).

>what are the best dex weapons
Assuming actual dex:
Sellsword Twinblades
Frayed Blade
Crow Quills

Then for Dex/Caster mix
Brigand Twindaggers
Friede's Scythe
Aquamarine Dagger
Demon's Scar

If you're choosing both the weapon type and the build, these are the only options you'd bother to make a Dex build for. There are weapons like Murakumo which are best as Sharp, but there's no point using the Murakumo unless you're already committed to a Dex build, as Heavy Exile is objectively better.

Except his stupid lunge.

You mean the one where he kneels back for 4 seconds?

Only vertically, and most of the time you don't have to change elevation. Turning the camera around for a side on view as you slam some big hit into something is visually appealing as fuck.

Nah fuck Midir.

nut seed

No, user, you are the one who doesn't understand. I felt the same way you did, but after abandoning the series for almost a year, and having come back to it just a couple of days ago, I'm getting almost the same levels of enjoyment as when I was first starting out.

>Don't lock on, you dumb babby.
You can lock on, just don't stand under him. If you stay in front of him to bait and punish his attacks, you'll only break lock if he does a flying move.

>He has a forward lunge move which is probably his biggest threat, because it's poorly telegraphed
No, it's not. When he's not doing anything, that means he's probably winding one up. Just have a trigger hair on roll, and react-dodge when you see water splash around his legs. Technically if you're not facing him head-on you can see him rear back slightly, but that only matters if you're a summoned phantom who he isn't directly facing.

The one on the bridge you can bait into a stationary position by running back to the beginning, then wail on him as he vanishes.

The ones in the water cooler can be plunge attacked for a free critical, supposedly. I've had trouble getting them into the riposte state sometimes, I think you have to directly hit the head.

Mirrah is pretty good.

Frayed Blade has A scaling Dex, Crow Talons are also pretty good.

>if you don't do it my way, it doesn't count
Sure, fag. When I get to him again, I'll respec just for you

>wait a minute that egg

I think it looks a lot like a transposing kiln in the Filianore concept art. What does it mean?

lmao they dont have clue

Miyazaki leaving the lore up to the players is pretty genius actually
Even bugs and shitty design can be deciphered as lore

reused assets, the game

with everyone talking about no honour in invasions. The only rule I go by is if the host is alone and takes damage before me, but never uses estus I don't use estus either. If the host ever takes a sippy, or if they have summoned help, or if they have a seed active I heal away.

>Transposing kiln is made out of loads of crystal lizards stuck together with space and stars in the middle.
Neat.

Here's what it means

What are the best buffs in the game?
I've been using blessed weapon for my twinblades but I get the feeling I could be doing better.

The only rule i follow is that i don't use estus if the other guy doesn't use. Simple.

ARE YOU SAYING IT'S A BERSERK REFERENCE?!

I think a lot of the lore is cut and dry, at least with strong implications. But since a lot of stuff is vague and not 100% confirmed austists can make links and a lot of stupid shit can be feasible.

When was this 8.3GB update?

thats nice and all but he still has more hp than you. i usually weigh whether or not ill win or if i can kill him when he tries to heal if i heal first and decide to be nice or not

/myguys/

Is that Jo-Jo?

don't forget, equip dragoncrest shield, if you're too late to dodge fire attacks, just block em for minor chip damage

NO WAY

Guys, the Millwood axe is the best axe, but I can't get over it having just a little stub on one side of the head.

Why can't it be as aesthetic as the Dragonslayer's axe?

i'm gonna do dis now.