Trucks

Didn't see a truck thread, and people have like pictures of my truck I've posted on the past so I figured I'd post some new ones.

Gf Andi went target shooting, and then rested a bit at the river side

Then I got stuck

Like, really stuck..

So remember, in soft dry sand, don't try low speed turns that go uphill. Cause then you'll just start digging

Got rescued by the land owner (family) in one of his big ol powerstrokes. Fun time.

gf looks cute, hopefully she ends up with someone that's not a dumbass

This is why I do not actually drive on the beach. Even if I get a winch I'm sure is very stuck exactly 5 feet further away from an anchor than the length of my line .

should have aired down pleb

Nice truck. Mines in the stereo shop getting a sound system upgrade.

>figured you would show up sooner or later

You bought another truck?

Our dumbness compliments each other. I'm smart in areas she's dumb and vise versa

Lel no it's just my parent's neighbor's truck. The similarities were pretty neat

Remove tow mirrors
Paint bumper
Get non shit paint job
Polish your rims
Get better tires
Get a nicer looking exhaust

Or just sell that piece of shit and get the custom cab version you should have bought in the first place

why precisely are you not doing this yourself?

>Remove tow mirrors
I could sell them for a shitload to old ford guys, but I like them.
>Paint bumper
Need to do
>Get non shit paint job
Need to do
>Polish your rims
Need to do. Fucking annoying that all aftermarket wheels for 8 lug trucks are bro as fuck.
>Get better tires
I'll do that when I have an engine in here worth a damn. 302 soon™
>Get a nicer looking exhaust
See above

Time. I work about 55 to 60 hours a week and I'd do a piss poor job of this. I'm not good with electricity. Would rather pay someone 60 bucks to do it right

>tfw my old truck is being delivered to me in a few weeks
Feels fantastic. Regretted selling it in the first place.

>AR in window

Based truckbro

This is my truck 95% of the time I'm not working. 4x4 is a fucking must for some of the "boat ramps" around here.

>55 to 60 hours

What do you do that you work so much?

Had a bunch of other guns in it too. Including a double barrel 10ga that the gf shot a slug through

that marlin though

You keep it clean?

>small penis thread

Here we go again, another thread about faggot posers with shitty pickup trucks that do nothing work related with them.
Of course you get this lame ass excuse:
>I need muh trugg to haul muh lumber to point a to point b

We know why you get them, just to look intimidating because you sit higher than those so called "sedan/crossover peasents"

lol faggot. They're intimidating because if you crash your unibody shitbox into a truck, the shitbox will fuckin evaporate and you'll be crushed by your own engine, while the truck will suffer a minor dent in the bumper.

>truckocucko believes this
Must suck living with delusions, but nah. I drive a van, to which you faggots call "pedomobiles". Funny thing is it's more viable than your impractical piece of shit SUVs with a bed.

Found the nocar poorfag

Nice projection nimrod. I literally just said in my last post that I drive a van.

That bullnose is so nice, don't bully it too much.

Wasn't loaded for me. But cool, enjoy the minivan I guess.

I am a senior admin for a startup auto refinance company. I look at your credit all day and underwrite loans.

Why didn't you winch?

She has the fanciest bag of em all, so ya. Was originally my dad's rifle

>Gf snapchats while I work
Meh. Idgaf that I don't use it as you see fit. One of the joys of living in the USA.
I feel bad afterwards. Made sure to wash the underbody with hot water today at work to get rid of sand.

No winch. Yet. I'll need a 18k winch which usually cost >$1000

Is that f250 gas or diesel?

Diesel. Used to have a gasser but got tired of 10 highway mpg. Now I get like 17 mixed.

What cities out there aren't full of liberals but also don't have wannabe rednecks with jacked up trucks so their bumper is lined up directly with my fucking forehead on the road? So that way when they're not paying attention from blasting luke bryan and trying to find their dick with tweezers I won't get decapitated when they inevitably hit me and then flip over.

hi

Do nothing to it. The v8, yes but it looks great the way it is

Anchorage? Then everyone just stays inside

v8?

i thought the big clifford truck was a straight 6

It is, but he says 302 soon. I was saying he should upgrade to v8 but leave the rest except the tires which are kind of necessary

Good to see it running and driving

The nice thing about the way it looks is that it's free that way. It'll stay this way for a while. Thankfully I don't need to paint it in any time soon.

saw this downtown a few weeks ago

Thanks, I just like how the paint makes it look old. The fact that it's free is just a bonus.

Also got a question for anyone to answer. I installed my radio in my orange truck today. When the key is on the radio is fine but when the truck starts it kicks off after about 30 seconds. I put a meter on the alternator and it's overcharging at around 18 volts. Would that cause the radio to kick off? Radio is a MVH-296BT from Pioneer. I ordered an alternator anyways, just wondering if that could cause the radio to shut down, like a safety or something.

damn esse
that shit is loco as fuck, dawgy

frata la carta

holy fuck i'm not the only dirt track guy on Veeky Forums or is that a demo car?

My dad used to drive his truck around on the beach, then one time he got stuck and the tide came in. A pic exists somewhere...

56 Ford I was willed last year, 80,000 miles, totally stock, hadn't been driven since the seventies. Also my first project, had to rebuild the engine and clear the fuel lines of course, but now runs nicely. Trying to take it to some car shows when I get the chance, since this photo I put on chrome mirrors, put in a new interior, and touced up/polished the paint.

A good website for us Ford guys is the Ford truck enthusiasts forum, or FTE.

And that's a fukkin awesome truck

Probably selling it this summer

93 Ranger

4.0 Cologne
5 speed
Manual t case
Manual locking hubs
Dana 35 TTB front
8.8" rear axle

It was a truck that I had wanted and searched low and high for since high school. This picture was before I had it leveled. New tires and a new clutch sometime soon I hope. It needs some TLC.

I literally have this same issue. I think it's the voltage regulator but I've got no idea>

>17295662
FTE is lit as fuck

When I was in HS l was looking for a ¼ pickup as a first truck, bit holy shit were they all so spendy.. ended up getting an 86 f250 for $500.
2½ years later I sold it for $1350 and bought dis 85 f250 for $1900

Small trucks are stupid expensive man. Except for like the S10 but those are almost always piles of shit.

When I bought that one it was just shy of 147k on the clock and was $4000 after taxes and shit from the dealer.

I wanted a bronco for a short time but all of the emissions shit they had really scared me away and the 78-79 models were all way too much for a project car. I looked at F250s for a while too and thought they were more affordable up front.

My gf has said that'd she'd drive a bronco. I would too. And they are pretty cheap where I live. But what I really want now is an f350 crew cab long bed 4x4 powerstroke like this pic

Gotta say, even with the rusty bits, that's one of the cleanest bullnoses I've ever seen. And it's an F-250 Lariat XLT two-tone SuperCab diesel? Hnnnnnnggh.

Now, I just gotta ask...what's the back seat? Jump seats, or bench?

I see a lot of 63-66 Stylesides with a step set into the bed. Was that an OEM option meant for those who were used to the step on a Flareside?

Chevy reporting in

Pickup trucks are for insecure faggots

>86 f250 for $500
>85 f250 for $1900

The 85 looks good for $1900, shit. I've been watching local ads near me, for that much the truck is usually badly rusted. I'm just trying to find a first truck. There's a pretty clean looking '83 F250 near me but it's gas, listed at $4200 so ehhh
I do most of my commuting on a motorcycle right now, just want something for shit weather and hauling.

That could also be it. If anything the alternator was 35 dollars.

Yep. Part of the camper special package. You also get a toolbox on the other side of the bed.

I'm getting a new one and swapping it out this weekend.

I have regretted getting rid of every one of my trucks over the years. My cars or subsequent girlfriends...eh.

Im going to o'reillys to buy a new volatge regulator. I'll tell you if it works

Please do. Is yours an electronically regulated unit? I think my wiring loom for my alternator and regulator night be fucked but I can't check yet.

What's up. I recently bought this truck off my pops for 2k. 5.4 triton idles like a fucking rock in a tin can though.

>bitching about trucks
>drives a van
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sup

BUT. You can't haul a ton of concrete sand on your van.

Nice truck. Any work done to the vortec?

nah just headers and intake so far. Don't want to do too much because I want to swap in a 350 in the future. But this little 305 only has 76k ok it

>He doesn't know how to drive in sugar sand
>Laughs in Floridian

I really love this big bitch, but I have a feeling she only likes me for my money. ;_;

Here's a pic of the old one. I put the nee one on (17 dollars from oreillys) and radio is working perfectly

Fuckin, 10/10 sideways pic

I knew about the toolbox option, which was still an option all the way through the '79s IIRC.

First post on Veeky Forums, pls be gentle when you rip my anus open

Currently drive a 2002 Nissan Xterra, want to replace it with either a pickup or an SUV. I never tow anything, but I like going to the beach/park with bikes, umbrellas, coolers, etc. What's more practical for me? Thinking of a Toyota Tundra/Sequoia. I want a V8 for some more smiles per gallon than my Xterra delivers. It's a little anemic.

I've never driven a truck (only been driving for a couple years). Can you lock down bikes and other stuff down securely? How about groceries? Do I need to throw them in the back of a crew/extended cab?

Small bench in the back. I can legit carry 5 passengers
I was happy too. But it isn't without rust, it's just all located in the bed. Like when I bought it there was a 8"x8" rust hole in the rear of the bed. So I welded a couple of plates over it.

92 K1500 with a TBI 350 crate motor checking in. Away from home watching this thread. Will post pics when I'm home.
Where are my GMT400 bros??? Only seen one in here so far.

Fuck yeah, a steering wheel knob. Old school as fuck bro

>rusted floorboard
>there's a reinforcing bar across the floorpan that can't be removed
>no way to check inside the bar, look past it to the frame rail, or inspect the bit of floorpan between them
Fuck my life.

depends on your budget a new silverado with the 6.2 is pretty fast and you'll need chains and locks to lock anything down although most people don't lock things down i've never had anything stolen and groceries anything that didn't need to stay cold you can but in the back just be smart about it nothing really light cause it will blow out

>"""using""" a vintage truck for work
Doing it wrong. Old trucks are for overlanding, range trips, Sunday drives through the sticks and the twisties, picnics with the gf, and building a wheelin' rig when it simply can't be restored to stock condition viably anymore/in the first place. Go back to caging your clapped out AW11 and pretending it's a race car.

You have your radio hooked to the acc wire which turns off when you crank

The only difference between the 250 and 350 is the badge and one leaf in the rear spring pack.

Most people just toss shit in the bed and not worry about it.

any modern truck with a v8 will be putting out roughly 350hp my dads sierra is fast with the 5.3 but generally i put my groceries in the back of my extended cab which driving the canyon can be kinda tight

I'm a badge whore sometimes, so yeahhh..

Old Brown and Big Red haven't been getting much attention since riding season began, raining for the rest of the week and I'm overdue for a new set of plugs and wires, now is the time.

>I've never had anything stolen
>just toss shit in the bed and not worry about it
Must be nice not to live around illegals and assorted ghetto trash. I live in a pretty decent area, but the riff-raff from the surrounding areas creeps in sometimes. So-Cal (Orange County) here. Ain't no fucking little gang-banger piece of shit gonna steal MY beach cruisers.

I'm leaning more toward Sequoia with a V8 and a bike rack, also because of the passenger space. Gotta have room for my family...and those um...friends I totally have. I just use a normal bike lock to lock the bikes to the rack ATM.

I'll be honest, this is why I want a pickup:
>big-ass V8 to speed, pass slow idiots, and make the vroom noise that makes my pee-pee tickle
>big-ass vehicle to cut people off and discourage people from pulling stupid moves around me
These fucking gooks and illegals around here can't drive for shit. I hate it when I signal to change lanes and some idiot speeds up. No, asshole. You're getting cut off.
>looks cool
I mean, have you seen the new Tundras?
>ride height
Just a matter of visibility.

try moving to the land of the free no one will steal any thing if if they try to you can shoot them it's pretty gud

Guy who works at one of the stores I service

Everyday it's The same spot.

But the funny thing is that a van is more practical than your piece of shit pickup will ever be HAHAHAHA
Actually you can, stay retarded.

>delusional truck faggot seriously believes this

Seek help lmao

Here's mine! Known as The Gator

Smol truccs are stupidly expensive but worth it just for the rapid heating in the winter and smooth cooldown in the summer. Plus a removable back window means semi-convertable woooooo

Anyway, here's muh trucc for hauling chemicals innawoods for my contracted part time job. It gets otay gas mileage and is optimised now for highway driving. Commuting with it is also really fun.

4.0 V6 from 2010 (after Ford fixed their stupid SOHC cam, rods, and belt issues). 3 inch front lift with a half inch bumper, winch running 75 KCs. 33 inch duratracs and upgraded t-case skid that holds the whole weight of the vehicle.

OP:
Remember the different levels of recovery:
>2wd until you can't
>4wd-l
>activate lockers
>traction aid or shovel and 2nd gear
>airing down to 10psi
>winch
>sleeping the night and waiting for the ground to solidify

Tacoma, reporting

Small trucks best trucks

I can't even buy guns for 5 years. Fucking suicide, why does everyone think it's such a big deal? Lesson learned, next time I'll just do it.

Can I buy a gun if I move? It would be cool to have a Remington 870 on the gun rack of a big-ass lifted long bed diesel crew cab.

My parents had a Tacoma just like that one, but stock. They said it fishtailed on the freeway a few times, so they got rid of it. How does it handle?