/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>MHXX News
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Ping's Dex and Kiranico now support XX.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

first for brave style is shit

second for meh it's ok

Third for recoil down+3

FUCK THIS GAME FUUUCK
FOURTH DAY OF GRINDING
STILL NO DROP
FFUUUUCK THIIIIS GAAAME

khezu guy?

Did you want to grind me instead, senpai?

I hate fighting Raths

YES
JUST
FUCKING
KILL
ME
I'M STARTING TO FEEL LIKE THAT FUCKING GUY MANY YEARS AGO THAT WOULD HUNT A KUT KU FOR A YEAR AND NEVER GET A FUCKING DROP

Animeshit ruined mh

My dick ruined your ass

you don't have to stay

/adept GS/

>Teostra
>female
Could've at least made her a tomboy

That's not a Teostra, that's a retard that can't filename things.

Striker is better.

No bitch fuck off I'm trying to get this fucking gem.

>8ch kiddies are raiding again
Its gotta be the leafs huh

I was thinking about this early, and do the swirly stars around a KO'ed or flashed monster's head count as animeshit?

so MH2 ruined MH?

I hate fighting gen1 monsters

>40 armour set slots in MHGen
>I need at least 20 just for Bowgun sets
>I need another 5 for Bow sets
>I need another 10 for niche Bowgun sets
>I have 5 slots left over for every single Blademaster set
Why?
Do we at least get more armour set slots in MHXX?

>I have 5 slots left over for every single Blademaster set
Good news, you only need one.

"Animeshit" is a meme term used by fake 1geners that never actually played older MH and started with 4U.

Basically if you see any dumb meme shit in these threads, it's always spouted by some 4U shitter.

t. genbaby

IG users, how much speed do you like to have on your bug, taking into account the bug's innate stat boost?

>3 Element LBG sets
>2 Normal for HBG and LBG
>2 Pierce for HBG and LBG
>20 sets
???

Aside from XR Jho/Cean, what should I use for a CB set in G-rank? Currently using Nerscylla CB but can make max mantis one. Set I'm using has AuL, WE and CE+3

1- they absolutely hate this place and think you're all a bunch of cucks
2- 90% of them can't post here, as they're global banned, when they switch IPs they can't help themselves and get banned almost immediately for being edgy as shit all the time

Do your research.

Frostpeak is so fucking unfun holyshit.

From X onwards going full speed is always the way to go.
It gives you bonus affinity.

In 4U instead the god bug or whatever it's called is instead the definitive and only option.
From X onwards it's less worth it to go that route instead of speed because they nerfed the buff extender effect on it.

The only ones from both gen 1 and gen 2 I can even stand are Nargacuga and Diablos/Monoblos. I guess Bulldrome is cute too for the mounting animation.

All of the chickens are lame as shit: Kut-Ku, Khezu, Gypceros, Yian Garuga. The spring raptors and their copypasted recolored armor are pure concentrated cancer. Nobody in the world likes Gravios. The two monkies, Blagonga and Rajang, desperately need their movesets and animations revised because they're still janky and robotic.

And don't even get me started on Rathalos and Rathian. Those fucking faggot pieces of shit. No other monster in MHX/XX gets a subspecies but the precious little Raths. They constantly get their health and attack buffed to insane levels, nothing else in the entire game is like Hyper Silver Rathalos -- and to top it all off they are CONSTANTLY SHOVED IN OUR FACES. Quest after quest after quest after quest with those god damn son of a bitch Raths. Multiple dozens on 4U, and nearly as many in MHX/XX, holy fucking shit get over it already Capcom.

Yeah, but what I meant was how fast do you like having your bug? I always go 200 speed, which might be too much.

>HBG sets
Pierce/Water, RD Daora, RO Daora/Amatsu, Adrenaline, Shot Booster Normal, Normal
>LBG sets:
Dazzling S, Pierce LBG AuM, Pierce LBG Shot Booster no slot weapon, Pierce LBG Shot Booster two slot weapon, Tropic Hunter Crit Boost Pierce, Thunder S, Water S Ammo Saver, Flaming S, Dragon S, Pierce Thunder RF, Pierce Water RF, Pierce Freeze RF, Trap Master Status LBG, Lost Musket, Status Attack+2 LBG, Peak Performance Tropic Hunter Pierce, Water S Peak Performance.

I still have some more sets that aren't currently saved, since I've already run out of the 40 I'm given. For example, I have an Attack Up and a Crit Booster variant of Adrenaline HBG.

>Teostra
>With Rathalos' tail and wings

Try again

What animeshit was in MH2?

>Rathalos
>female
Again, at least make it a tomboy or something.

>Rathalos or Teostra
>tits

>All of the chickens are lame as shit: Kut-Ku
BITCH ARE YOU TALKING SHIT ABOUT KUT KUN
I'LL FUCKING CUT YOU

It's much better to be in front of it than anywhere else, I think. It's surprisingly easy to stagger out of attacks.

LAME AS FUCK QURUPECCO WAS BETTER IN EVERY WAY

"Animeshit" has no definition. Triggered faggots that honestly don't belong on a chinese cartoon image board in the first place just use it as a catchall for "anything I don't like".

Do they even discuss MH besides shitting on MMOs that a fringe minority plays?
That's the last I've ever heard when I visited there.

>"anything I don't like".
No, to be specified "animeshit" means "not western enough"

>Do they even discuss MH
I've explained it in the previous thread, they do have MH generals.
Imagine these generals, but way worse.
The entire general is shitting on all new MH games non stop, never actually discussing MH games, never posting rooms, never playing the games, looking for any excuse to tear each other to shreds and shitpost.

These threads MIGHT end up like that, unless XX is released in the west, then the generals will be revitalized with new people and we'll get more rooms/discussion and the shitposters will be drowned out.
At least, for a while.

So their generals are like if /v/ cared about monster hunter?

Their /mhg/ has like 2 posts per day, sometimes less. I honestly don't think anybody over there even plays Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter is a japanese series that is most popular in japan, and specifically designed since the PSP era to be played on the train to work or school, or when you're invited to some firend house that also plays the game, with other japanese people, wireless, that's why it took so long for them to implement internet multiplayer not using a PS3, they simply didn't give a shit.

I can't think of a single series that is more japanese in design, scope and basic functionality and purpose, than MH.
"muh western" shitters are literally insane and autistic, in the context of MH.

I hold resentment for yian cuck-ku because they used his moveset for a straight up copy+paste template and his moveset blows ass

I might be wrong I dont know what bird bitch came first but afaik its kut ku

>What are the artbooks

8ch /v/ doesn't care about video games, period.
Just the political aspect and political agendas in video games.
Any thread that's controversial/allows them to post smug reaction images/allows them to shitpost on twitter gets 5000 billion replies.
Any other thread dies a lonely death.
As pointed out, their /mhg/ is indeed slow as shit.
Mostly because just shittin on each other all day and having no discussion gets old pretty fast.

The gameplay never changed from MH1, and that had online. It has always been just a technical issue. Any other excuses are just excuses.

>4:11 Shagaru Magala
>2:50 Khezu
>4:35 Deadeye Yian Garuga
>3:14 Yian Garuga
I'm
Fucking
DOING
IT!

Getting new players will not save thread quality. Unless new games stop coming out, thread quality will remain constant.

Think about it. Current generation players just parrot that their generation is the best and that the series has been going downhill ever since. Best most obvious example is the "FU Grandpas" and also tribabbies, 4U fags, genbabbies, etc whatever people call them these days. I'm sure next game there will be people who say generations/XX was the peak for the series and this new game blows ass, just like every game before.

The thread will never dip in quality unless content stops getting released because there will be a constant cycle of players. The only way the thread will get any better in quality is if people start accepting change and enjoying the new games for what they are. Which will never happen, because let's be honest 85% of you just come here to shitpost after you've gotten mad at the game

Looking back, that's why I enjoyed /vint/mhg alot more than 8ch/mhg/.
Plus, they helped dull the edginess of Gore Magala significantly

>rathalos lite
it's shit m8

You don't understand what i mean:

When a new game comes out, there's a "grace" period where new rooms are posted all the time and people play with each other.
That, is the only /mhg/ that i actually give a shit about, and it's the only moment where this place becomes good.
You're right about everything else but basically i've already made peace with the innate stupidity of the regulars here and i've chosen to completely sidestep them and embrace the rare moment where we finally actually play video games with each other.

My #1 favorite /mhg/ period was when we formed a solid, iron clad MHP3 community where we posted rooms here every day and the shitposting regulars were alienated to the point of many of them quitting the threads entirely because nobody would respond to them.
To this day i still have fond memories of P3 just because of that, it was the one game where people here that actually wanted to play video games managed to fight back the shitters and silence them for a while by sheer indifference.

I think it's supposed to be pink rathian.

>that third paragraph

>I'm sure next game there will be people who say generations/XX was the peak for the series and this new game blows ass, just like every game before.
People finally understand
>Which will never happen, because let's be honest 85% of you just come here to shitpost after you've gotten mad at the game
The loudest people are the shitposters, but there are many quiet lurkers that are less radical.

>The only way the thread will get any better in quality is if people start accepting change and enjoying the new games for what they are
Or if MH (even ports) is released on PS4 and Xbone in the West, causing a major shift in userbase like what Tri did before

>To this day i still have fond memories of P3 just because of that, it was the one game where people here that actually wanted to play video games managed to fight back the shitters and silence them for a while by sheer indifference.
The easiest game in the series was the one that defeated the shitters, you say?
Omoshiroi...

Ok, I get what you mean now. I started really caring and getting into the series at 4U after not really liking tri, so I can't really say I relate to the experience especially since I don't play with anyone here out of fear of cult of personality metaposting. I just like hanging out and discussing the games with a community and the reddit community is a huge circlejerk that is only good for making detailed charts and info so I enjoy this general even if it has a bunch of dipshits who don't contribute anything but complaining about how every game sucks but theirs

Honestly the biggest userbase shift didn't come from the Sony->Nintendo move. It came from 4U with the introduction of internet play for everybody. The game exploded in the west in a way that no previous gen ever did and brought in a huge crowd of redditors, youtubers, and Soulsfags.

The sales were more or less the same with Tri. Still less that FU, not even counting the massive piracy users worldwide. Like the whole of China.

Seconding this. I played monster hunter since FU but never heard anyone give a shit about it until 4u when all my friends started playing it for some reason. It was kind of memetic, like one person would get the game and 3 other people would get it to play with them and so on

Kut-Ku world tour returning when

>Honestly the biggest userbase shift didn't come from the Sony->Nintendo move.
4U was huge, but Tri was seriously mind blowing back in the day, or at least it seriously felt that way.
People are starting to forget, but the Tri influx was HUGE, i mean fucking HUGE, it felt like MH was being forcefully projected from a fishbowl into the fucking sea.

And by the way the sheer amount of shitters that came with Tri was absolutely insane, people complain about je suis montes in 4U, or the "genbabbies", they both pale to half the shit we had to face when MH made the switch with Tri.

Tri was, without the shadow of a doubt, community wise, the lowest point of MH as a series.
We almost reached current souls community level of utter shit.
Nothing since has been as severe and suddend, anyone claiming otherwise is delusional, or trying to push his personal agenda.

In contrast, the countries that play MH back then stopped playing once the series is on Nintendo because Nintendo is limited in worldwide appeal. For example most Asian countries like China and SEA

Barroth urgent pls

I feel like this is relevant here.

Everyone remember sleep bombing Alatreon?

>I don't play with anyone here out of fear of cult of personality metaposting.

Kinda outdated desu.
The people posting in these threads are so detached with the people playing the games with each other i rarely see any names brought up at all anymore.

There's just this one guy that apparently is still "stuck" in MHGen and people make fun of him for that, saying he's all alone in there or something?
I don't even know who he is, then again i didn't play Gen with /mhg/, so i wouldn't know.

Anyway point is, it's pretty safe to play with people that post rooms here, even if it's rare at this point.

>E

I'm pretty sure I only fought Ala without a sleep weapon once, never got a single skypiercer either I think.

>I don't play with anyone here out of fear of cult of personality metaposting.
As it's said every thread, this does not happen. None of the keyboard warriors in the thread have the guts to actually be an ass in game. The worst you'll get is redditors that spout memes constantly.

Tfw you see an absolute shitter with a kelbi bow thinking hes hot shit

>This one guy
You mean Charlotte(male)?
We love Charlotte. We wish we could see Charlotte more often, but Charlotte is very busy.

It's Blanche/Charlotte, they don't make fun of him for being "stuck"
They loved him back in 4U and got less attention in gen for not being on 24/7.
It's the only player to get posted in the thread, keyword PLAYER.
It's totally safe to play online because the shitposters don't play the game, I would avoid Discord rooms but not to the point of playing with randoms instead.

>Oh, wow! You can kill ANY G-Rank monster in 10-15 minutes! It's so overpowered!
I remember literally spitting soft drink out of my mouth when I heard that.

Like, I was seriously being told to go out and farm an entirely new weapon and armour set to allow myself to use a boring as shit strategy to achieve SLOWER times than what I was already achieving solo (3DS fag).

I don't have too many problems playing with randoms, the key is to host your own room, and be strict.

Is a guy chaincarting?
Kick.
Is a guy intentionally wasting everyone's else time?
Kick.

Also be fucking patient, put down your 3DS and watch something else while waiting in the room, someone will always eventually come, even if it's just a bored 999 looking for random shit to do.
By being a strict room host you can get shit done, and relatively quickly, even with randoms.

I never kick anyone because I have too much of a conscience but I find that shitters who cart constantly end up just leaving out of frustration anyways

The only people I can't tolerate are people who join a room just to put up an urgent and expects everyone to do it for them

>I never kick anyone because I have too much of a conscience

Over time you can immediately tell when someone is shit at the game, compared to someone that is just fucking up.
Someone that gets comboed to death because by bad luck he was badly positioned, isn't ground for kicking.
But someone that consistently chain carts early on in the quest and has incredibly terrible gear, thus that means he's hopping online, wants to get carried, doesn't spend any time actually farming for a decent set that he can use to survive as he's climbing the ladder, and on top of that he constantly tries to mount and then eats shit, wasting everyone's time?
That's a kick.

You can just tell them apart after a while.

I only used kelbi bow against alatreon because I hated fighting him with fucking anything

I remember my niggah right here doe

How the fuck can you realize how shit gen 1 and 2 is but be able to stand blos? They're everything wrong with gen 1/2.

Where the fuck is Mantis's back?

Compared to the usual boring shit wyverns and chickens from gen 1 and 2, the blos' charge and digging is an interesting mechanic that makes the hunt fun.

On his back

>tfw barioth weapons will never be good

>That crotch bulge
Diablos(male)?

thanks

really though, the thing's body is a stick. what should I be aiming for to break its back? Back of the head? Back of the knee?

Remember to give a wave to the red star if you see her in the sky

Puffy Vulva.