(rant) the crew is the worst car game ever

Got it for 15$ today. Should have bought Project Cars instead

I wanted a fun but realistic game that could rivalize with Forza Horizon and I only heard good things about it. But this is one of the worst game I own: the story is boring, leveling your car or whatever is counterintuitive af, the graphics and physics are disgusting, the cars you can buy are shit, and I could go on and on

Tldr this is not a fun game at all

I feel like i was tricked with all the advertising etc around this game. Not really a surprise from ubi tho

>falling for ubisoft
you have no one to blame but yourself there m8

The only thing I liked about it is that you can offroad mod a shit load of the cars. And when you did you still had the base and could get other conversions on it as well.

That said I'm with you on it, sad being a PS4 shitter and this is the closest thing to Horizon on it, there's just no good Street Racing games these days.

Name one game Ubisoft has made in the past five years that wasn't a massive disappointment.

Pro tip: you can't

People need to stop buying their garbage

Yeah, it's definitely no racing/driving sim and the upgrade system is ass. They basically took a standard MMORPG system and added cars instead of building a more realistic upgrade system around cars in the first place.
I mean I've had plenty of fun with it so far, but if you want a Forza Horizon replacement it's not even close.

Far Cry 3, but that's literally on the five year mark this year. [spoiler]And one could argue not as good as 2 depending on how you feel[/spoiler]

But yeah people need to stop falling for their shit.

Assassin's Creed 4 just barely falls within 5 years (2013).

Fuck off this isn't your fucking blog you dumb ass fucking niggerfaggot. Instead of being a drain on society, why don't you get a job and productive hobby. Dumb fucking faggot

Forgot to add, turning the assists off makes the driving a bit more bearable. At least that way the game won't be constantly trying to wrestle control of the car from you.

this.

But to those berating Ubisoft, Watch Dogs 2 was actually very good, if you remove the cringe meme-tastic storyline.

>le empowered black man propaganda

kill yourself

>project cars
lol
gb2/v/
this

Is that the one where you control the boat?
That was fun.

>Fun but realistic
Then why did you want project cars?

Yeah, that's the pirate one.

Shit dude, I was gonna say Splinter Cell conviction, but I looked it up and it came out in 2010, which was 7 years ago and I really can't think of a good ubisoft game after that.

Rainbow six siege

Give me a quick rundown non that game?

What's a better racing game? I'm not OP, I'm actually looking for something new myself to play.

Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa is the best racing sim right now

rF2

Agree on the crew. I cant believe that the same guys that made the amazing driver san fran did this abomination.

I am usually very fucking strict on what games fit the criteria for me to play, so i am not one to play a LOT of shit. Specially AAA shit.

But TDU2 probably fits into "FUCK THIS GAME I REGRET BUYING IT" category.

Fucking atari shills.

Paying for it hahahahahahaha i got it for free ubisoft was giving a free game for every month last year

see

Assetto is a pile of shit, you have no road feel and the content is abysmal. Plus it looks like shit.

It has the best physics of any racing game (With the exception of iRacing but the subscription service can eat a bag of dick) And what the fuck relevance does graphics have? It looks fine.

and rfactor 2?

Never played it so I can't give an opinion on it. But your graphics argument goes out the window if you want to talk about rfactor

i am not the same user. I just said it because it seems to me from what i hear that rfactor 2 is so far top tier on terms of handling physics and tire physics. Even better than iracing in some areas.

t. cucked by trayvon johnson

t. achmed

>Forza Horizon
>realistic

Casuals get off my board

At least you only paid 15. I got it for free and had my fun with it, but yeah the physics do suck ass.

t. jose

The Crew had better physics than NFS 2015 did, but that's about it.

You are Blacky Blackman, a hacker who was charged with false weapon charges. You chimpout against the local gangs and corporations in a fun open world set in the worst city in California.

Honestly only worth it for the free roam.

R6 Siege, For Honor, Watch Dogs 2,

Got to praise them for their immense map size tbqh. Had fun cruising around but that's about it. Physics are ass and sessions are capped to 8 players.

speaking of Racing vidya

Is Assetto Crosa PS4 a decent game to pass the time until Gran Turismo Sport comes out?

Why did you pay for it? They were giving it out for free a few months back.

Who cares its the most fun. What we need is a midnight club reboot.

I have both The Crew and Forza Horizon 3, and I'm liking Horizon a lot more except for a couple of things

The Crew
>Fuckhuge map you can get lost in and make long ass road trips.
>Can come across actual players while driving and make improvised races
>Wide variety of external parts, rims and paint styles
>Can stream your locally stored music
But
>Shit Ubisoft design that only lets you see 4-5 players at the same time
>Upgrading internal components is painfully boring at best
>Car variety is shit
>Graphics are meh
>Engine sounds are litarlly copy-pasted across completely different cars

Forza Horizon 3
>Great graphics
>Great sounds
>Nice handling
>Huge variety of cars
>Custom livery editor
>Great internal customization (although a bit bland since all the components are the same for all cars)
But
>Map is waaaaaay too small
>Must specifically join an online session in order to see other players
>Not many body kits or custom parts to choose from
>Fucking Microsoft and their Groove Music bullshit

Overall I really enjoy making long road trips in The crew but everything else is better in Horizon. I wish it had a bigger map, such a wasted opportunity.

idk about ps4 but the pc version is fucking garbage

>tfw I preordered that shit

Finally someone else.
Project Cars gets shit on for having a bad FFB but AC is way worse. It may have more realistic """"physics"""" (whatever fields that covers), but if you can't transfer that to the player through the wheel, it's pointless. The wheel is always stiff like a 15 ton truck without power steering and you can barely feel the traction loss. The kerbs on the other hand will break your fucking desk if you have a TH500RS.
The best driving sim that I've tried was rF2 but relying on user content is not what I'm looking for (AC suffers a similar problem).
If only LFS would sell their tech to some studio that would make a sim for this generation.
Right now I'm waiting to see what pCARS2 brings (and I hope it's more than just offroad content).

in regards to AC those are end user issues. the problems can be solved but putting in effort is probably difficult when you're not interested in playing the game anyway.
>If only LFS would sell their tech to some studio that would make a sim for this generation.
well we can dream

Assetto corsa (pc) garbage?
Then what is not garbage for you retard, its literally the best sim racer overally.
Of course nothing can beat LFS physics wise, but its shit for anything else than extreme realism.

is it opposite day

Fucking rayman origins and legends.

>Pro tip: you can't

Isn't Ubisoft one of the biggest "MUH DIVERSITY" hardliners in the game industry?

Really makes you think

The Crew was the first UBI-game i did to about 10 years. And still i didn't pay because free shit last autumn.
I basically wanted NFS: The Run for its beauty but with open world - i got it.
THIS IS NICE GAME FOR A FREE GAME, PEOPLE.

I got it free and only played 20 minutes.

I was surprised how bad it looked and how shit the controls were.

>tldring a 2 sentence post

Lmao i got it for free

What would be the best game to get better at basic things like steering and clutch/gear shifting while also taking lessons?

pretty fun actually
the multiplayer event is fine too

FH sucks ass.
source:200hours ingame

Splinter Cell: Blacklist
They didn't sell as many copies as they hoped to but the entire game is full of solid stealth action. There were plenty of coop missions and spies vs mercs online was fun as shit, kinda challenging to play as spies though especially when people learned the maps really well.
Overall the game played more like the earlier Splinter Cells. I only miss Ironside.

NFSU2

I got it for free and since I wanted a more laidback experience I just sticked around by playing it. I have the DLC content as well, got it for 10% the price of FH3, and until I manage to buy FH3 I'm sticking to this... Thing.

Interested in The Crew for long ass road trips. Havent bought it yet but will eventually. Horizon doesn't have the desired traffic & intersections to mimic real life.

My favorite cruising game was Midnight Club LA, but I desire more "road trip" like functionality. Excited for The Crew 2, hopefully there will be more shitboxes in it.

typo?

I'd be really excited for a new Midnight Club. It's been like almost a decade since LA came out. But I don't think they'll ever make another sequel.

>(rant)
Fuck off back to Redd!t

i fucking loved mcdla
you'd like it, TDU2 (although ded) was also great for that, the map was fucking huge

i personally liked the crew, atleast after beating the story mode it was stupid fun to go to the snowy mountains in my m5 and just drift around etc.

What i didn't like though was how some of the cars handled, and that weird clutch slipping noise the engine revving would make with each shift. sounded like complete ass in a lot of cars, especially the v8 ones.

The physics are awful. You can kind of get used to them, but they're awful. It's not arcade vs sim, it's good value bad. The cars will not act how you want or expect them to.

I bought TDU2 but the intro was way too long and my favorite thing about driving games isnt supercars, but rather more shitboxes that I could possibly afford.

Also, when I played with controller it felt like it had weird controls.

The Crew is basically open-world Outrun. It's only vaguely realistic and the visual design presents it as an arcade game.

You're supposed to turn on subtitles and change the game language to Japanese. It basically becomes an incredibly stupid anime and you can just ignore it while pedestrians scream "NANI?!" as you drift past them.

im ultimately waiting for this

i got AC for ps4 and only played it once. it was unengaging and the UI was somehow garbo. id recommend the PC version over this

I dumped 35 hours into that shit hole of a game hoping that it was going to get better at some point. 35 fucking hours i'll never get back.

assetto corsa definetly.
Only problem is burgerkng is dlc locked.

My Xbox version doesn't have Japanese for some reason. And the issue isn't realism, it's that it's just not fun to drive.

Play dark souls

need for speed is comming out with a new game this year or next year. dont know what is called yet but my guess is pro street 2.

ubisoft seems to do good spy games war type games but falls over when it comes to car games

The problem with their car games is that you can't climb towers with them and that's all ubisoft knows about

Yeah but their last game didn't inspire much confidence. Aside from them having some decent body modification on some cars.

everything else about the game was dog shit though. Hopefully they learned from that and get some people who know how to make some decent physics in.

Open world Outrun as in Outrun 2?

Thats my favorite racing game of all time. If you're telling the truth that really excites me.

I watched a youtube video about some gameplay footage back when it came out. the physics and driving looked arcadey and shitty, so I decided not to bother.

Get 2 or 3 friends
Get matching level cars
Drive the whole of the map for an hour or 2, a proper roadtrip.

Well done, you have had fun in this game, nothing else you can do in it is fun, so just get a refund.

I really like the attention to detail in FH3 but for some reason what really annoys me is when you do an engine swap instead of being able to see the new engine in the car you lose the ability to open the hood.

>You're supposed to turn on subtitles and change the game language to Japanese. It basically becomes an incredibly stupid anime and you can just ignore it while pedestrians scream "NANI?!" as you drift past them.
Holy kek, I'm doing this next time I play.

The player count for the second 2 is virtually nonexistent

>The Crew: Calling All Units

>forced to play as a stronk independent womyn

why

You're forced to play as some numale-looking motherfucker for the base game, not like it makes much difference.
It's best to just kinda disregard the story entirely. All the characters are pretty flat, although the guy who voiced Shiv was having way too much fun doing so.

Modelling different engine bays for every car might be a bit too much to ask since you can't just dump the engine model in there, there's tons of details you'd have to rearrange in every application.