Driving Etiquette Thread

>Veeky Forums what are some things that your country thinks is utterly obscene when it comes to driving?

For example in Haiti it is looked down upon to obey traffic rules i.e. "You are considered a total bitch manlet for stopping at a red light in the Haitian culture"

>Haitian culture
They don't even have food.

Lmao!! You're are comedy gold!!

In Haitian culture you are also considered a bitch manlet for not cutting down all your trees to sell charcoal

This is flipping the bird in England kek

>be driving new 2003 vw jetta on the wonderful island of haiti
>pick up Esther and Fabiola to scavenge the local dumpsters for nutrients
>approach red light, come to a stop
>Esther looks at me then Fabiola and says "MUHK DINUG CLI'THU DUGG"
>extremely embarrassed, peel out from the redlight to save face
>tires losing traction over the decomposing flesh left over from the earthquake
>spin out and hit a curb, car is fucked
>by the time I get out of the car to inspect damage, all my tires have been stolen
>call the haitian police for help, they arrive quickly
>get raped and stabbed by the police

This is Haiti on a good day

Serves you right, dumpsters are devoid of nutrients. Should have done as the locals do and just eaten Esther and Fabiola

I fucking hate it, but for some reason americans hate zipper merges even though they're more efficient.

Zippering isn't the law in Ontario and no one will ever let you in to anything let alone if you have the audacity to cut to the front as you're supposed to. No one here wants it made law either which is even shittier

can confirm, live in the same shithole.

>pic
Is this from the Onion?

If someone lets you through, you MUST wave. Especially on narrow roads with passing places. A raised finger is acceptable on tricky roads.

A short beep or two is acceptable for waking up the car at the front of the queue. Wave backwards to accept your mistake as you pull off if you get beeped at the lights.

Do not make eye contact while stopped at the lights or a roundabout. Look directly at the light instead, or at the traffic.

It's generally expected that you drive about 5MPH above the posted speed limit. Driving at or even under it is frowned upon.

Kek

lane discipline doesn't exist
40 in a 55 zone isn't uncommon with no passing zones

Everyone in sweden get in a hissy fit when someone doesn't follow the right hand priority but doesn't follow it themselves.

t. richard yves-duvalier

>If someone lets you through, you MUST wave.
Letting oncoming traffic through when there's an obstacle on your side of the road is mandatory.
>Do not make eye contact while stopped at the lights
Literally autism incarnate. Try not being an insecure faggot.
>Driving at or even under speed limit it is frowned upon.
t. underage boiracer

>driving on the autobahn 10 over the limit in left lane
>there's 20m distance between the cars I pass in next lane
>some fastfaggot overtakes me on the right and aggressively tries to squeeze between me and car in front
>shorten the distance and bully him into oblivion for the rest of the trip
This is proper etiquette, plebs.

I live in the little Haiti area of Miami and can confirm. As a matter of fact there's pretty much a county wide agreement here that there are no traffic laws, only traffic suggestions. It's also generally understood that if you are a pedestrian, you MUST play chicken with traffic. Seriously the rate of pedestrian fatalities by vehicle are appallingly high, I think only Orlando has a higher rate (and Im talking in terms of the country, not the state). I once saw two people get hit by cars in the same day, I wish I knew wtf was wrong with people here

All of these things are normal, that's how I can tell you ride the bus

Here's the thing with zippers: they only work if everyone's on the same page and there's space.

Evidently, you're american. I can tell because you're stupid.

>It's common to nudge cars to fit into a space
Never heard of it or witnessed it. And who parks but leaves the handbrake off ?
I doubt whoever made this ever went to France.

>avoiding eye contact is normal
This isn't /r9k/, autistic cockmongler.

Maybe this is just a thing because I live near a university but people making u turns on red lights

And if you don't max your car out at eery stop light and accelerate to the speed limit in less then three seconds you're going to slow and get the finger

Lol living in a country so small you all have similar driving etiquette.

It's because one bubba might rush to the front like an entitled cunt, therefore fuck everybody

> be 20
> Gfs mom drives us downtown
> parallel park
> pulls up
> turns wheel
> backs up until taps car behind us, never once looks back
> turns in
> pulls forwards, smacks car in front
> backs up about half that distance

Parking by Braille I kid you not

No wonder these cars are so successful despite being incredibly ugly, they're parking-proof.

I saw someone pull a U turn at a red yesterday, it was fucking weird

I did that once because the light went through an entire cycle twice, except for the fact that it skipped me.
I pulled a nice skid around the dividing curb after checking no cars were coming because fuck that.

Hungary, just park anywhere you feel like, it doesn't matter.

>Veeky Forums what are some things that your country thinks is utterly obscene when it comes to driving?

Not respecting people on bikes, and bikes are everywhere here

>For example in Haiti it is looked down upon to obey traffic rules
Traffic rules were invented by white man.
No need to obey the rules of slave makers.
It is your duty to disobey slave makers.

>Should have done as the locals do and just eaten Esther and Fabiola
Can't do that. They both have yeast infections and that is good. I sell the yeast to the local bakery and they use that to leaven their bread. It is sold as special tasting bread to the USA and brings in currency. The currency is desperately needed because the sale of drugs to the usa has been decreasing now that more states are legalizing weed. We grow weed in haiti and it used to give profit.

The way to make money now is run up to tourists and sell them tire slashing insurance.

>Parking by Braille I kid you not
It's why I never parallel park downtown. She would break my grille. The grille is the frontmost part of the car. The actual metal bumper is actually pretty far inside all the breakable front fascia. This car is about style and not about being sustainable in a braille parking environment.

Nobody is getting fucked. By merging early you choose to wait. You get behind a longer que and you expect to have to wait longer than you would if you were in a shorter que. If you don't want to wait longer join bubba and drive to the front. You know what that is? Zipper merging. Space efficient, gridlock-preventing, full use of the road.

It's not a zipper if there's only one car. That's called one smart person and a bunch of cowering idiots who got spanked for not waiting in line once and now confuse the rules for LANES of traffic with the rules for LINES of grade schoolers.

The only entitlement in either situation is the entitlement to use open lanes to drive in, instead of backing up half the city by forming a single line that blocks several stoplights.

This is so bizarre to me. To the kids around me, their car making contact with anything but the road is the end of the world.

No, that's called one rude asshole who isn't going to get let in at all.