Will this finally fix the brz/frs?

Will this finally fix the brz/frs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-0Jq4XnXeI
ispot.tv/ad/73Aq/2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-a-drivers-life-driving-matters
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We don't know enough details yet. Chassis-wise it appears to be the tS but they may put some F/I or something in it as well.

> but they may put some F/I or something in it as well.
No they won't, they aren't going to make an entire new bottom end, heads, and turbo system to sell a limited edition of a shitbox. They'll add 5hp, put a wing and some fins on it, add a cool badge and 5k on the pricetag, and boyracers will buy it.

Technically the WRX uses the same block, but they need to fit the turbo somewhere else. Also the tS is a lot more than an appearance package. It's like a DC2 type R vs a lower trim Integra chassis wise. I don't think it has a bunch of crazy stitch welds but there's different flexible/adjustable bracing and suspension tuning and a lot of little knick-knacks.

Finally, no more torque dip!

Type R's engine also rev'd 600rpms higher and had 25 more hp, had shorter gearing and was lighter.

If the BR-Z tS weighs 2600lbs, has 230 hp via revised engine with no torque dip, suspension and tires set up to grip and slighter shorter gearing than the new one I might be interested in getting one.

The existing gearing is already kind of short for a DD unless you're winding it out. It's too bad we can't have the best of both worlds with a 7 speed and shorter final drive, so that you could ignore 1st entirely when you're out for groceries, and the top gear were lazy for long highway trips.

Nice 5 kilobyte """""gif""""" you lying jew.

I said chassis-wise. We'll see about the power, but the tS does come with sticky tires stock. And you already have to shift to third to hit 60, the gearing is pretty low as is.

That's pretty normal for a small car. Every car I've had from my Corolla to my DC5 type s would only do 80kmh in second. The only cars I've driven that will reach 60mph in second is my twin turbo 300zx and a v8 commodore

Just a reminder that spoilers are illegal in Australia. They can be used as weapon.

why the fuck would you need that on a 260hp shitbox?

Only if the extend past the body

I had an accord with a Prelude engine that could go 110ish kmph in second gear.
Bouncing off the Rev limiter but still. It was a 95 accord with an h22a

ummm downforce?

Hope they put in the 2.5L or bore + stroke the FA20.

>Will this finally fix the brz/frs?
not when the boyracers find out that downforce is counterproductive to skidding the shitty stock tires at low speeds for "muh driving feels".

ikr all that downforce at 30MPH through the suburbs trying to catch that damn minivan who beat you from the light

>implying the actual numbers matter to BRZ drivers
it's all about looks and feels m8

I've been legitimately surprised how many people eye it up and ask what it is and want to talk about it, even though I didn't at all buy it for the looks and even would prefer a sleeper.

And the feels aren't really what I was hoping for, but I'd be lying if I said I don't look forward to driving it. It can be remarkably boring if you don't push it around.

>downforce
>relevant at low speeds

i have similar gearing to a brz and i literally never use first on the track. (even if i could due to the lockout)

1st in a BRZ is so short you feel like a slowpoke when the light turns green unless you hammer it. But then if you don't, you get into 2nd and all is right with the world for a split second until it dumps you in the torque dip.

It really is an almost but not quite car.

That's why it needs a turbo

I'm not saying I wouldn't want a tarbo, but if they had even just put a "sports mode" button on there to take out the toque dip then at least it would be more like the nice smooth experience that I thought was supposed to be the selling point of N/A.

Instead, you have granny mode below the dip and VTAK mode above it. Oh well, at least I think shifting gears a lot is fun.

Shifting gears is fun. Having to bounce off the rev limiter just to keep up with Pacificas from a stop is not.

Mostly everyone and their grandmother thinks the 86 Twins need more power and Toyobaru refuse to do it. Morons.

They're going to go full retard if they don't give it more juice. I'm not in the business of street racing minivans or doing highway pulls, so the power delivery is more of an issue day to day than running out of it. I like the opportunity to drive it like you stole it without being a retard.

But it's still short of that luxurious feeling of having more than you need, and it's hard to say if the rest of the car is really good enough to make up for it. At least in my case I found a used one super cheap and in like-new condition, so close enough is close enough. I wouldn't even have considered it at full price.

>unnecessary ricer shit
>+5-10 hp
>worse torque dip
>+10k

Why do people not complain about the miata not having more power?

This will come with pilot supersports, no skids here.

THE CHASSIS IS NOT WHAT NEEDED WORK YOU FUCKING RETARDS AT TOYOTA/SUBARU HOLY FUCKING HELL HOW MUCH CLEARER CAN WE BE

I think you need to bomb a bunch of buildings in Toyota City so their craters map out ">200HP"

Except according to automotive journalists, it actually incredibly improved. Subaru won't touch the STI's speed, but they will give you a better car to go through corners.

who cares? Itll still get BTFO by a minivan

it needs SOME straight line speed.....

>230HP NA 4 pot
sounds like Honda tier peaky

because the miata isn't advertised as a high performance boy racer tuning bullshit platform

The 86 is advertised as high performance where....?

youtube.com/watch?v=h-0Jq4XnXeI

the fuck sort of commercial is that
ironic as hell listing all that shit for a damn 2+2
instead of advertising it as a "hey you can track AND fit your friends and groceries" why act like its a pure track toy like a lotus or miata?

>miata
>track toy
ispot.tv/ad/73Aq/2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-a-drivers-life-driving-matters

That looks like being advertised as fun more than performance. Half the shots are twisty roads. Dumb of them not to touch on the 2+2 practicality though.

>than performance
>race car driver
>on a track
>THIS ISNT FOR EVERYONE
>double clutching racer around a race track
If that didn't scream performance and performance synonyms could be used its a fucking "performance" car

Evidently it's not for you because it benchraces poorly.