Who here is heel toe master race?

>Normies get out.
>Autocucks get out.

If you're not using all three pedals at the same time, you're not driving.

Huh. I always used my heel on the brake and toe to blip the throttle, just seems easier for me. Am I autistic for this?

I used to do it all the time in my old shitbox with a cable clutch and a carb.

Current car doesn't have the pedal feel to pull it off as easily.

dw i just side by side my massive feet.

just depends on how your pedal assembly is built. desu heel-toe is autistic anyway and any reasonable person just hits brake- taps gas - back to brake.

I am, OP.

It's still not the same though. There's nothing like the seamlessness of heel-toe, especially if you're rowing all the way down to 1st or 2nd.

It's so fast and satisfying.

Can someone explain what the point is? I've pretty much only driven old shitboxes whose pedals are impractical for this.

I do it just to not freak out people behind me while engine-braking.

On a track sure, but for normal street driving engine breaking and lazy brake-gas-break downshifts are more than enough.

Depends. Sometimes it's just not worth the effort, but it's the sort of thing that keeps it fun if you're in the mood for racecar, especially if you have a good excuse, and if you don't practice then it's not fun when you're always a mess when you try.

>I do it just to not freak out people behind me while engine-braking.
I enjoy doing this though, especially when they ride too close to me. It's never extreme enough for them to hit me but they certainly learn their lesson.

I was born with an ankle defect that makes my feet stick out at a 45 degree angle
best I can do is straighten my foot out
I tried doing it backwards, hitting the brake with my heel and blipping the throttle with my toe, but I can't seem to get it down

Always when I'm in my car

>sidebysidemasterrace

My right foot aims outward at maybe a 30 degree angle. I still heal-toe but have to turn my whole leg to get the angle around.

what's with all the cripples on Veeky Forums?

it's not crippling, m8
a lot of people have this problem, it's not a big deal in most situations

That issue is likely caused by standing/walking wrong during adolescence. His ankles set wrong while growing leading to a joint problem.

we're all just trolling eachother. nobody actually does this, because you get yourself killed doing it.

>born with feet at 90 degree angle
>try out for track team, can't join because I can only do the grapevine
>tried to learn water skiing but couldn't hold the rope since I could only straighten 1 arm
>start to feel like I will never be able to be good at any physical activity
>reed about heel toe on Veeky Forums
>try it
>instantly become the greatest heel toer of all time

did you poke that hole in the thing with your toes?

I do more of a little toe-big toe but same thing

Yeah I was going for a 5-1 downshift and the force of my foot blew a hole through the trans tunnel

gr8 b8 m8. I literally heel-toe every day on my drive to work. I've only died 3 times so far.

>TO 1ST
In what world would you go down to 1st heel toeing? It's more practical to just rev match when you are going that slow anyway.

Depending on the track and gearing there are plenty of times you need to use first gear. Just remember that the gap between first and second gear is much longer than the gaps between the rest of the gears so you need to rev up higher to match first than the other gears.

Well I get you, I've only gone so far as to go to 2nd, because 1st is so short I'd spent more time shifting than accelerating so it's not really worth it.

I can't into heel-toe because my accelerator pedal is much further back than my brakes. I can still reach but it's awkward.

I drive a Mazda 3 foe the record.

Under hard braking the pedals will be even. If you're not braking hard then you don't need to heel toe.

>tfw gas pedal too far down
>tfw can't takumi in my French economist box

Does someone know how to raise the pedal or something?

>H&T in FWD cars

yeah enjoy killing yourself pretending to be initial d

I have the same problem. I feel like I need to break my ankle to actually heel-toe

I do it.

You need more hairpins in your life

What does the drivetrain have to do with rev matching and heel-and-toe?

Reporting in, gotta heel-toe all the time. I change up the method based on level of braking / throttle needed, but I go for a big toe - little toe pedal tap in traffic all the time. Can't wait to use it under heavy braking on track, there's 2 corners at my local track that require it for a fast lap.

Roll your foot on your big toe and rotate the rest of your foot into the throttle, you want to be using your 2 small toes on the throttle for the blip. My mustang has a similar pedal cluster, it took a while to get used to it. As another user said it'll be easier under heavy braking, but under lighter applications I find the big toe - little toe method to work.

Threshold braking into the left turn lane when the light is read, the parking lot, stop and go traffic.

You know, normal things.

I don't even need to do all that shit, I just use the sides of my foot.

There should never be a reason to change down to 1st, unless you drive a fucking 3 speed

Depends on gearing, torque curve, and situation. An automatic will gladly kick down to its first gear as needed.

Just because you're too unskilled to do it smoothly doesn't mean it isn't legit even if you're just having fun being that good.

I downshift early and left foot brake.

>Kick back to first
No shit Sherlock, but that's not the same as breaking with the engine and the breaks.
That's why you mainly use heel and toe.
Also automatics don't engine break so it's not even the same as Heel and Toe to begin with

But yeah, who would Heel and toe, rev match downshift from 6th to 1st gear in day to day?

If you're clever with the shifter or use a flappy paddle, you might well engine break to 1st if the transmission is set up to do that. Mere rev matching is a substantial analogy, but heel-toe would be the apex solution, especially if you want quick smoothness in the lowest of gears.

6th to 1st is of course pointless. But if you're rowing your way down more sensibly, you might well want to engine brake with 1st. I do it all the time in stop and go traffic, for instance.

Engine breaking with 1st is too brutal, and the amount of speed you need to even get into 1st gear is Soo low in some cars it's not even worth it in my opinion.
I prefer 2nd gear because of how long it is, by the time I need to go into 1st I'm at 10-15 mph or so.

my 370z does it for me. actually works quite well

Does it work when downshifting multiple gears at once?
For example, from 6th to 3rd

yeah,

as soon as you go near the gear it will blip it, if you go into neutral and wiggle the stick loads it will blip and shoot a lil flame.

I'm usually not into cars doing anything for me but yeah, I really like it.

Agreed. I rarely go beyond 2nd. I'm just saying there are odd situations where you might elect to go down to 1st, and if you're in to the pleasure of heel-toeing and because racecar, then that's a great opportunity to see if you can be smooth with it.

In my current car, 1st is so short I almost never have the opportunity anymore, and sometimes don't even use it unless I'm at a full standstill.

>If you're not using all three pedals at the same time, you're not driving.
RIP brakes

That's how I have to do it, the gas pedal in the foST is like 6in behind the brake pedal. There's no way to brake with the ball of your foot and reach the gas with your he

I have to adjust my car's pedals, every time I tried to heel-toe in it when I first got it, my heel ran into the tranny tunnel.

I do the same. I wear size 14 4E, so they are too big to actually heel toe shift. I just use the left and right side of my foot.

Ree, learn to rally/clutchless shift.

rip clutch and throwout bearing

then you're not braking hard enough you cuck.

I've been wanting to learn but I'm too paranoid of fucking something up.

God didn't give you two legs to drive with three pedals

Automatics 1
Atheists 0

To be fair, the st bros have a shitty heel toe set up from factory. There's a popular mod that gets them closer together if you're interested

Automatics are superior in every way.

There is another solution

Shit, forgot pic

Reality: Ultra high-end automatics are sometimes superior to the manual trim level of the same car, particularly with german cars as the germans have gradually developed an unwillingness to make a good manual ("but my weight and shift feel, it's the ultimate drivign machine", says hans, as a Z3 with blown shift pins clunks past in the background). However, only professional drivers can extract the slight difference around a track.

Between cars it's a crapshoot on road courses because things like engine performance, tires, and chassis setup heavily obscure the microseconds gained in GEARING (important) and SHIFT MECHANISM (less important)

So buy what you want for tracks and traffic (it's fucking fine, pussy) - but if you do amateur drag racing a modified auto is going to get you better times every time, and you won't get competition from any manuals (on the same car) that aren't aftermarket, unrecognizable and unusable to H pattern syncrofags, and purpose-built for motorsport.

I learned of this technique when my old workhorse lost ability to idle.

The proper way to do it is to press the clutch and the brake with your left foot so you can apply the proper amount of throttle

Kinda hard to do on my car since throttle is placed further back so unless I start wearing high heels...

Not that I need to anyway.