Why is there no market for luxury pick up trucks?

Why is there no market for luxury pick up trucks?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/money/4676840/what-the-richest-americans-are-driving-now/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because pickups aren't supposed to be fucking luxury cars. They're meant to be put to work.

>You're fucking gay if you drive a truck just to look cool

The higher trim F150s were better..

Trucks are so soft and cushy they don't need a luxury badge. The Ram has optional air suspension.

They replaced them with the high trim full size trucks, which sell pretty well and are pretty expensive

Because people are fucking stupid. I. The truck world, if you buy a luxury marque pickup truck, you're a poser. But, if you buy the highest trim normal marque (which is basically the exact same thing), it's acceptable.

Quality post.

>what is a longhorn edition
>what is a Laramie edition
>what is a high country edition
>what is a king ranch edition

Wut?
>Big Boat
>Race car trailer
>RV

I was pretty disappointed they discontinued this desu senpai. supposedly it's popular in Texas

It's an Avalanche.

>meant to be

Mhmmm. Just like every truck owner who puts their truck to """"WORK"""" hauling a few lawnchairs or some bags of soil once a year.

Too bad unreliability is standard.

In the ""TRUCK WORLD"" you're all fucking posers, especially if you own a domestic truck.

The only people who actually use their truck for work are:

1.) Contractors who buy a base model single cab long bed shitbox F150 that they throw in the garbage after 4 years.

2.) Professional haulers who buy $75,000 dual-axle F350/3500 diesels.

3.) Average guys who want a reliable, WELL MADE pickup truck - which means they're buying a Toyota or a Nissan, not a throw-away domestic shitbox with fake chrome packages and 40,000 LEDs.

You seem to believe everyone is a middle class homosexual.

While it doesn't do "work" people buy modern trucks because crew cabs do everything sedans do while also being a truck. They are as comfortable as a luxury sedan while being cheaper than luxury sedans and still having bed space and towing capacity.

Fuck off prolux

Why do you find it so hard to believe?

>Vin Diesel has AIDS

Niggers don't work.

The current market of pickup trucks is ONLY for luxury pickup trucks.

>vin diesel's shirt matches his cars paint

>luxury pick up trucks
They're utes m8

because those of us that work and need a pickup don't need a $70k truck to throw crap and shit into the back...
My pickups, and I have two...both have rubber mat floors...so mud caked boots are fine...
Someone with a $70k truck...the bed is mint...never seen any 2x materials...
Like brotrucks...luxury trucks are for those looking to look like they work when they don't...
Brotrucks...luxotrucks are for posers...

There is a market for luxury pickup trucks. There just isn't a market for the Blackwood or Mark LT.

There would be "no market" for water in the desert if the water came with a Lincoln badge.

time.com/money/4676840/what-the-richest-americans-are-driving-now/

Except that they basically made the Mark LT a new F-150 trim after they curbed it, and the new F-150 trim sol like hotcakes. People just don't want to have Lincoln badges on their luxury trucks because they want to look more rugged and cowboyish. Americans are a weird bunch.

>work and need a pickup
that's a smaller minority than niggers

this

a "luxury" truck made it difficult to pretend like you use it for anything but going to the mall

>luxury trucks are for those looking to look like they work when they don't...
This, even in Europe. Construction workers show up in beat up Sprinter cutaways. Construction company boss shows up in spotless Amarok if he's tired of the office on that day.

Because higher trim levels or "regular" brands are nice and well-equipped. The only area they seem to be lacking in is aesthetic design which doesn't really matter to people who buy pickups.

The reason why the Lincoln failed was because it looked like what it was: an F-150. The only difference is that they were asking for another $15-$20k over an F-15 which could be had for about $30k.

This hasn't been true for damn near 30 years.

You mean it's still true but truckfags won't admit it.

Nice rig. That color rocks!

Stupid weeaboo sperg more

>3.) Average guys who want a reliable, WELL MADE pickup truck - which means they're buying a Toyota or a Nissan, not a throw-away domestic shitbox with fake chrome packages and 40,000 LEDs.

You realize that the Chevy Colorado is a restyled Isuzu D-Max right? It doesn't matter where they are manufactured. The european frontiers (navara) had more problems than the american frontiers for example.

>restyled Isuzu D-Max right
>all GM engines
the only thing they share is the frame

For whatever reason the kind of people who drop +$70k on a pickup with all the goodies don't want a luxury nameplate, likely since it goes against the rough-and-tumble working man image they're trying to portray.

Iirc there's still a Lincoln version of the F150 sold in Mexico.

Mercedes has a concept pickup that looks interesting, although nissan is handling the production

www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mercedes-benz/vehicles/mercedes-benz-concept-x-class/

>nissan is handling the production
into the trash it goes.

Nissan trucks are ridiculously reliable, but slightly under powered. I'd recommend one to anyone really.

why can't they have both? give me one real, reasonable reason why you can't use a nicely equipped truck for "work." I know plenty of people that do it every day.

Nissan's pickups aren't that bad actually. But not as good as Toyota's.

>trucks with tacky pleather instead of cheap plastic

WEW

He doesn't know the power of a drift Hard body top kek

>King Ranch
>pleather

you should do some homework before shitposting

Underrated

for what it's worth, the only one of those I've seen (in Indiana) had a Texas plate on it, so I can semi-confirm that

What part of Indiana??

I live in Bloomington and do the horrid commute to Carmel erryday cause I hate myself.

Trucks didn't start to get ""luxurious"" at the top trim levels until the last 5-10 years. Before that all trucks had shit interiors but some had some cheapass shiny leather to give the impression of luxury to people who had never seen any thing nicer than their dads 80s shitbox truck with the frame bending in the middle.

Nissan trucks are fucking garbage.

t. clueless

Different user here, I grew up in Bloomington, but I live in Indy. I commuted to Plainfield from Bloomington for a bit, and that sucked enough. You're crazy doing that commute. Why not move?