Im honestly thinking about buying an RX-7 FC as a daily driver. Not a big fan of rotaries...

Im honestly thinking about buying an RX-7 FC as a daily driver. Not a big fan of rotaries, but I'm considering it anyways.

Redpill me.

Other urls found in this thread:

rx7.voodoobox.net/infofaq/bguide/bguide.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't convince you otherwise, i think about getting an RX-8 because i am short on money and they sell cheaper but somehow they all seem to have issues with the ignition.

2k for an rx-8 challenge in good condition without rust and 55 miles plus i get a bit for my old junk, the car is said to not always start so i either have to deflood the engine, change the plugs or in the worst case replace the ignition coils (around 200)

Should i do it?

Apex seals

It's a fine DD as long as you have a second vehicle or another way to get around if it does need to be serviced. But I guess thats the same regardless of the car in question, two vehicles is better than one

Ehhhhh... if you can find one 50k or under miles then sure. People tend to beat on these cars because they rev so high. You'll have to be a good mechanic and have deep pockets to own one. As a daily, absolutely not, as a weekend car, absolutely.

Because Mazda doesn't want to protect the coils. Just get some BHR coils and enjoy an HP boost and 100k ease of mind.

There he is, that guy who likes to jump on that band wagon with no knowledge of which he speaks!

Personally, I don't see myself DD'ing a rotary. Just because, though, I own one and enjoy racing the shit out of it. I've put more raced miles on a rotary than any piston engine I've owned because I just like them better. But piston is the way to go for DD'ing in my mind.

Other than that, FC's are fucking awesome. Go for it.

Take off the useless as fuck oil injectors and premix it. Make sure to redline it every so often to burn off carbon deposits. Rebuilding the engine is (from what I hear) piss easy. Some of the higher quality/newer apex seals can last you for a long time. Be prepared for the shit gas mileage and the non-existent torque. Other than that, go for it man.

Here's an old but very relevant buyer's guide rx7.voodoobox.net/infofaq/bguide/bguide.html

I used one written by the same guy when I bought my FD

As one that DD'd one for a good half a year, the only thing is:
1 - Be sure to check your oil once a week.
2 - 3k oil changes.
3 - Redline it at least once per drive.
4 - Have fun with shit gas mileage.
Only reason I stopped was cause I needed to start saving money more, and $60 a week on gas was bullshit. Plus, tranny blew up last week, so that's a thing. Other than that, they're fun as fuck, and not nearly as bad as people say.
>Picked up a cheapo hatch to replace the tranny, highly tempted to restore it over the next few years.

>redpill me

go back to your cesspool

t. assmad cuckcuck

This

>not a big fan of this highly impractical, expensive to maintain engine but i want it anyway

what the fuck

>I'm on a buget
>Should I buy an RX-8?

The answer is absolutely fucking no. If you think RX-8's are cheap that's solely because 90% of them under 5k are zombie cars with failing engines in the ~6 compression range.

Overhauling the ignition system alone is a ~$800 endeavor, as you need the R3 starter, new coils, adapter harness, sparks, and a new battery.

Stop being delusional and buy a civic or something if you are genuinely tight on money.

Apex seals haven't been an issue since the early 2000's.

Never trust a nigga like this, he will lie and talk out of his ass for ages without any knowledge whatsoever. He's never even driven a rotary car.

Aftermarket apex seals from Atkins or Goopy will last a very long time and will not shatter. They'll make rebuilds cost ~1.5k every 90k miles or more. They maintain compression for a very long time and allow you to reuse parts.

>le /pol/ boogeyman
and (you) need to go to reddit

Dude, just go back to /leftypol/ if you care so much about "le /pol/tards shitting up muh seekret klub". Stop derailing threads just so that you can get your daily release of pent up autism.

Holy fuck a rotary thread, haven't seen one of these for a while

It makes me wonder how much different the rotary would've been if more automakers actually made them. Mazda always made junk, so it's not surprising that their rotaries were junk as well. I wonder how GM's or Toyota's rotaries would've fared, had it not been for the (((oil crisis))).

Buy mine. I pick it up from Customs on Monday

Do it, I just did. Just take care of it