2017 Civic Si

>No vtec
>geared for low and midrange pull
>quiet exhaust
>same 0-60 for the last 10 years

I honestly have no words to describe how I feel right now.

>4 door
Why

>no vtec.
are you retarded?
all hondas made after 2001 have vtec

Honda honestly hates its fanbase and wants to troll them as mercilessly as possible

This one doesn't have VTEC, it's true

fug i miss my rsx, even though its was a non LSD tourqeless shitbox it was fun, theyve basically turned the civic si into a GTI...but not as good...atleast were getting the Type R r..right guise?

It has a tarbo now

It's a lost opportunity for sure. Why not dual stage turbos? High pressure non vtec and high flow turbo in vtec. This is what I was expecting.

You can have a cheap car, a fast car, or one that handles. Pick any two.
Judging by your post an old mustang is probably more your speed. Some people prefer handling.

I guess that officially makes the 9th gen the last good gen.

Come home ricer man

Are there any fun to drive naturally aspirated 4 cylinder performance cars now? Everything has fucking turbos which is gay

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

How about something for heterosexual men?

>4 cylinder
>performance
>car

Just get a v8 muh dood

It has VTEC even though it's a turbo

A therapist to help with your insecurities regarding masculinity.

yeah, fuck that shit. you need to drop 5.6k on a package to get navigation. better off buying the fiesta where you can just buy the navigation separately.

Who the fuck cares about shitty car navigation fag, just use your phone. Bluetooth with steering wheel commands is honestly all you need.

what kind of queer doesn't want in car navigation?

Someone who doesn't want to pay out the nose for a shitty nav with shitty controls that you need to pay even more to update?
Your phone is a better nav than any cars built in garbage

3 years still can't make engine. Honda is degenerating before our eyes.

This

Best thing i ever did was install LSD in my rsx-s

>After all this years americucks started to embrace the FWD Hot Hatch superior class
>They get some fake vtac turboed Si.

BRZ?

This fucker for sure has variable valve timing, quit being dumb OP.

>honda is degenerating before our eyes
they died in 2009 bro. killed the nsx in 2005, killed the s2000 in 2009, killed the 8th gen SI in 2010. They have nothing worth buying now if you're an enthusiast.

I honestly have no problem with my phone navigation.

even the elantra sport is better than this shit

That's not all vtec does. Educate yourself.

Some of us like having a trunk and proper rear seats at the same time. I think the two door and hatch look terrible personally.

it looks like a still born estate

i like the black gloss grill

yea its like a tarbo when it kicks in m8

How turbo is gay? Power is a good thing, bud.

Please enlighten me... I thought that was quite literally exactly what VTEC did...

>no words

How about "disappointed?"

That's some 3rd world tier shit.
In car Nav is great. Frees your phone up and it is much easier to just look at the big screen. Most manufacturers have free map update.

This si will never go against gti.
They want you to fall for type r trap

Turbo to compensate for a ballless Fit engine.

T... thanks Burgerring times.

A Type R that only revs to 7k.

You're retarded.

No in car nav is gonna be as up to date with accidents, cops, etc as Waze and Google Maps you stupid nigger. Plus the most recent STs come with SYNC3 so you get Android Auto or Apple Car play and you can throw your superior phone navigation right into that big screen you stupid nigger.

You're really not gonna consider a car over an autistic meaningless number?

I go long trip once every month. Sometimes my phone does not have signal in middle of no where. There was times when I was waiting for turn and some asshole called my phone and took few minutes for my phone to get back to nav screen.
I have sync3 nav package also, no need to get butt hurt some people want something you don't find useful

not him
lol fuck off no one calls you lol.
get of your shitty Crickett phone.

>not using Android Auto
>2017

Because a turbo gives you turbo lag and a not at all like previous honda engines did. Imagine making a subaru with an I4.

hello summer

I am him
fuck off no one calls you.
get off your shitty fucking phone

Actually he's still correct, in a sense. With vtec your car had no balls until you rev'ed the shit out of it. Imagine having turbo lag from 0-6000RPM and you'll pretty much understood what vtec was like.

Now I'm not saying that revving shit to the moon isn't fun, but that doesn't seem to be what the market wants. Everyone's spoiled by the low end torque a smaller turbo gives to a lower displacement engine.

explain how. you obviously haven't ever done any sort of racing that mainly consisted of cornering. Anyone who races in such environments would tell you 100X over a turbo engine is worse off than an NA engine

Would have been cool if they just put the tarbo on the 2.0l, but tarbo 1.5l is fucking gay

The Tarbo barely makes more power than my ep3 si while being quieter and not having the power on demand.

Si was all about making noise and pushing towards that redline.

>Quiet exhaust

I'm in love!

>Too bad the ghetto ass people in my town will chop the exhaust or slap on a fartcannon anyways

9th gen driver detected.

As an outside observer I can say the last good gen was probably the 7th, but maybe the 8th since the si has remained stagnant since the 8th.

Maybe the Type R is worth it.

Maybe.

But sure, the CRZ was a red flag, the new NSX is an insult and the S660 has electronics that literally cannot be turned off.

At least their motorcycles are still good.

You are the retard. R18 engines in the 2010 Honda civics don't have vtec.

Not him but you're the retard. The r18 sohc does use vtec.

you should be shot for needing to free up your phone when driving
stop texting you fucking retard you're going to kill someone

With twin-scroll turbos, there's very little lag.

>in car navigation
Look at a map before you leave? Next you'll need a nav system in your shower to show you how to play with your peter

Veeky Forums is a bunch of fucking piece of shit millenials with faggy stickers on their cars and fart can mufflers on their slow I4 shitboxes

this is why

>This x10000000

So no variable valve timing?

Google maps loads the route at the start of the drive, you don't need signal in the middle of the road trip. You are literally retarded.

If your phone takes that long to load up navigation you can't afford a car with navigation anyway, you fucking poorfag.

I paid extra for in-car nav because I wanted the nav button to do something

>imagine making a Subaru with an I4
That would be fucking awesome and I'd actually take them seriously

HNNNNG I want one. This is good because the older models are only getting cheaper.

the new gen civic is fucking HUGE. why does it have to be the size of an accord? why cant we have little boxes to zip around in? and why cant i see anything out the back?

So basically, buy this instead.

a toast to this post

>The redline on a CIVIC SI
>meaningless

Lol, you're an idiot. A high redline, sharp N/A throttle response, and linear torque curve is what made the old Hondas fun without being fast. Now it has none of those, and is still slow. A 1.5 litre eurocuck engine running 20lbs of boost just to hit the same power level as the old SI is a fucking disgrace.

crumple zones user

>new NSX is an insult

its literally better than the old NSX in everyvway imaginable.

VTEC was basically a weakass turbo emulation on a N/A engine.

This is a step forward in both performance and economy, quit your bitching.

Uhh...you don't know what you are talking about. The 7th gen is the absolute worst gen ever. No real VTEC except for the rare Type R, not even in the Si which looks like a squashed minivan.