Money

I'm curious of your guys' age, salary, and if you live with your parents or not. Trying to figure out whether to keep saving for house, or get a nice car before I'm 30.

~$44k/year
Apartment w/ gf

$46K/year
live with parents, saving to buy house by 2018

House will go up in value.
Cars are retarded unless you already own your house.

>keep saving for house

A house is an investment, a nice car isn't.

Get your house first nigger, cars are depreciating assets, you don't have the money to buy depreciating assets. Cars will come very quickly once you get your mortgage paid.

Cars can help you get a GF which means double income which means faster down payment and better house available.

>tfw when you want a cool car but you know you really should be saving for that house down payment so you keep driving your 3k civic

buy a house before you get a nice car. i got the car first and am having to struggle after closing on my house a few months ago.

Nice answer guys, thanks. Seeing old high school friends with cool car projects is nice. I wish I had the space, I'd like to wrench on something of my own. I don't really envy those that are in debt for a WRX or GT or SS... but that must be nice.

They honestly don't help. It's the idea that you got to be ripped to get girls. Charisma and charm, ability to hold conversations without splerging is infinitely more useful. That being said, I think it's prudent to wait to buy a house in the current market depending on where you live.

125k/year
Renting with wife

$46k/year including allowances
2 bedroom apartment with roommate

I waste all of my money on my car and vape shit

You don't make enough money for either a house or a car unless your gf splits bills. Even then making a 15 year commitment for a house with an unstable relationship is a bad financial decision. The best you could do is take out a loan for a $10k car and build credit for a house if you marry.

21, no college but I was an apprentice since 15
~60k a year plus various bonuses including driving vintage indy cars/random other collector cars
I live by myself in an apartment w/no animals bc allergies

I'm a NEET
>tfw about to turn 28

OP here, we split everything. I have ~10k into stocks n stuff, and 12k liquid cash

$26k/year
Live with my parents

you wish

>29
>60k
>moved back in with rents after adding up the 12 years of house bills and shit i shouldnt have payed for. i should be retired by now...

I lol'ed

49k/yr
Wherever the military wants me, hotel if I'm lucky, 4 to a room if I'm not

~26k/y
Rent house with gf

Driving a Miata to save money and have fun, just got my class B's so I should be making more soon.

$73k/yr starting in June.
Am I doing alright? I'm living at home

But you shouldn't buy a house together unless you can afford it by yourself.

Also 22 and $49k a year. You a new officer?

30k a year
Living in apartment with a 30 year old girlfriend and daughter the girlfriend has never worked a week in her life and is incredibly difficult to live with

>Am I doing alright? I'm living at home
Some parents WANT their kids to keep living at home. That prevents the empty nest feeling. My across the street neighbors were like that and even remodeled the basement (quite large as it spans the whole house).

But you should pay for the house yourself because if you and your GF break up, if she has even one dollar in that house, she can claim and basically also prevent you from selling without a nasty lawsuit. Or she can say, if you want to sell, you have to give me half of the sale price regardless of what I put into it.

$90,000
Live with parents, ride a bicycle to work.

Saving for a house or what

$25k

>22
>less than 30k after taxes
>live in barracks because (((US Military)))

Idk how the Army works but definitely get out of barracks if you can, you're losing a lot of money not getting BAH and BAS

>27
>160k from me and 70k from wife
>Own apartment with wife.

26. $70k. Studio apartment because ronery.

Have 2 cars. Need garage SO FUCKING BADLY.

I always feel so poor after these threads.

BAH is fucking great if you group up in a house with a few other guys. Pretty much bonus money

>20
>62k
>Apartment by myself

Even ignoring the fact that the vast majority of cars are depreciating assets, I wouldn't want to get a really nice car before I had a house because I would be paranoid parking it anywhere but my own, completely enclosed and protected, garage

>30
>inherited house
>$20k a year part timer

I live in the land of million-dollar crack dens, so I'm sort of abstractly waiting for the crash.

I do have a $1000 shitbox to tinker with.

Don't worry, we're all lying.

$80k/year
own townhome that is worth $180k

$220k
House, 3car garage and family w/dog.
Suburban,Enclave and CTS-V

Advice from an oldish guy. Save money first. Once you have money/equity first it's easier to get that car you want. Best of luck. Oh and one more tip, do not get married to that gf of yours. Hold out, resist, you will be glad you did.

And now back to my scotch...

~4k a year from working as a TA at my uni and other misc jobs.
Home with parents or dorm

You're killing it bro. The financial gain of living with your rents is giant, particularly for a full-time salary. But for god's sake save/spend your money wisely.

Minimum wage in California is 11.50 now, so this is actually reasonable.

$75k
Haven't lived with parents since 18

Best advice... Housing is the most expensive bill, regardless of renting or buying. Live free or as cheaply as possible until you get kicked out or forced out by your long-term vagina

Roughly 30k/year plus or minus 5k
Live with parents, moving out within next 2 years

You make me feel like less of a failure

Might be time to find a new girlfriend bud

Can't work because horrible medical condition, wife makes 90k/yr, will inherit 1.7 million from parents. Luck out and be born tall, good looking. Drive 2010 ss camaro, trading for 2017 ss in a month. Spend my time working out, playing vidya and partying whenever I am not in crippling pain because of my condition. Overall life is dank.

Are you me? Broke TA bois unite

Gonna start working at network security on campus instead of TAing... i've heard its a chill job.

You work out and party but can't work a job? What is your condition, autism?

Oh I thought we were in this TA thing together... Well good luck with that, I hope it works out!

(((full-time student)))

I might do both, depending on what sort of hours i can get.

They limit us to 10 hours per week of work (and pay) for TAing.

$55k/year
live with parents,

have car and motorcycle, no direction in life though

>26
>been trying to sell my house since the divorce
>making around 60k but my job makes me want to blow my brains out and i work 50+ hours a week with no vacation

I work over 60 hours a week with no vacation time, no overtime pay, and only make like 34k a year. Suck it up.

>I fucked up my life so everybody else's life should be terrible too
just kill yourself desu

>incredibly difficult to live with
Get out of that abuse
If you spend all your time with her, you are losing out on all the other opportunities.

>nigger day dreams

180k me + 60k wife
Small house with the same car for the last 10 years

Save ur shekels and invest wisely. Marriage optional

Not in Army and unless I marry someone I'm not allowed to leave the barracks.

$100-$125k/year
Still live with mom. I could move out if I wanted to but I don't want to leave mommy yet.

Currently saving to buy a second car, don't really know exactly what I want yet but I'm looking to spend $40k-$80k. Considering either the Ghibli S Q4 ( I know it's Fiat trash but it's so pretty) or the 911 C4S.

Inb4 lying

buy the house: as nice as a car is. its not as comfertable as a house is. yes a house costs more than a car but you can own more cars when you have a house...

You're doing great user. Buy something nice for yourself, you've earned it.

whats bringing in that bacon son and what city are you in? USD?

time to go after that raise user

youre wasting money on rent every year not owning your own property. Get a house and find a craigslsit roomie to help with the mortgage

I do eBay, buying and selling whatever I can get my hands on. I started when I was 13, had to sell under my sister's name, and just kept building it. Never expected it to get this big and it's really only started paying off the past two years. Central NJ and yes, USD.

>18
>0
>Yes

>25
>60k
>Live with gf
>No chance of buying a house considering NZ is having a housing crisis and a shitty 2 bedroom dump costs 800,000+

>33
>60k a year
>Own a house
It's going to be awhile before I get back into another relationship, if I ever get back into one at all. I discovered that once I stopped having a gf I had lots of money and free time.

Sounds cliche but you need to find the right one

$30k / year
Living with parents atm still saving
I have $73k cash saved up
California home prices are fucked

26, 27 in 27 days.
$45k
In the process of buying a house with my brother. Just made an offer. I was looking for a house with a garage and a lot of land for my cars, but they are hard to come by in LA.

Had to make some sacrifices and house does not have a garage, just a carport. But 9000 square foot lot with access for cars in the back. Also kinda in the ghetto, but I'm hoping it will gentrify.

I have no nice cars. I daily motorcycles for my mpg, reliability, speed, and value. I have 2 cars that I hope will appreciate, although I do not plan to sell. Chevy Nova 1968 and foxbody mustang in nearly mint condition.

I still have 10,000 in student loans and shit credit so hard for me to find a home

I have a friend who used to make minimum 4k a month selling yugi-oh cards. He gave it up to work at bloomingdales because he was a dumbass and ashamed of telling people he sold yugi-oh cards.

150k/year
apt and also own a house (rental property).

Best advise is to look around your local housing market and see how home values are. It may not be worth owning in your neck of the woods, while for example where I'm at in the NE, the housing market is relatively stable/insulated to the point that even the housing bubble of 2007/09 left most of the values in homes intact. There's some concern that were about to hit another collapse in home prices in the next couple of years - whether you want to hold out for that and buy a house for cheap at that point is up to you.

Lazy-itis caused by parents money.

>27
>50k€
>renting with gf
>still own ecobox from uni

I saved up money, intended to buy a nice car, got a company car in the meantime so I bought a bike instead.
Buying a house would be a dream but where I'm going to move next year the prices are in the high 6-digits because cheap loans/ housing bubble (in germany)

>another datamining thread

fuck off faggot

I feel that so hard. No one gives it any legitimacy as a job until I tell them the numbers.

64k a year
22 yo, apartment with my brother
Impossible to buy a house where I work unless I win the lottery or spend 30 years paying off a decrepit 1 bed room shit hole

~75k a year. Living with parents straight out of college. I'm saving for a house first and foremost while I'm learning how to wrench on a piece of shit before I move up.

Crash soon user

108k/year after taxes
Live with brother, renting house.
Drive two 90's cars. Anyone else here /frugal/?

>22
>college diploma, no debt
>$2K hiden away from greedy goverment, thx TFSA
>shit box worth $1200
>Finding part time work until job opens
>planing to move out cuz parents are retiring to place innawoods
>Moving out with my /K/ommando Bro, plan to get Veeky Forums
>Plan to work ass off working two jobs cuz i need muh Shekels

Pic Related, mfw i am ready to take on the world

I don't know man. Right now it feels great to just meet up with a girl for some casual sex and dinner. I also have a lot more time to work on my car projects. Serious relationships require a lot of work, maybe I can actually find a girl who is into cars.

Tell me where you live. Also, where can I find your crossdressing pictures?

~35k a year (student)
Live in parents mansion.

At some point I'll stop being a waste of space and move out.