incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-loli-jam-2017
youtube.com/watch?v=L1OyenZvskc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Oriented_Assembly_Lisp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for gay rights

user-kun, did you make good progress today?

>agdg can't make games without OOP

Rust

Thanks OP for ignoring the next Jam, again faggot
itch.io/jam/agdg-loli-jam-2017

No, I was busy trying to learn non-OOP programming.

No ideas no progress

off to a good start

I pursued an even more hopeless passion than gamedev, painting

>user can't stop being triggered

April Fools is already over, user.

First for D

fuck off to discord and stay there shitter

The Jam starts on the 10th though? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

I've made progress but it's shit
I can't model anything without proper references and I'm not good enough at drawing to use my own sketches as references.

What does that have to do with a jam that happens at a different date and was scheduled at a different date?

reeeeeeeeeeeeepost

i'm going to work on a judo/grapple system as well to combine with this kind of thing.

Glad I could help. Though I'm curious what could still be wrong. It makes me nervous over my own game too.
>sfml literally means shit, fuck my life

Reposting

Loli raising sim
>get 3 daughterus to take care of
>help them with homework
>feed them
>play with them
>tuck them into bed and tell them stories
>the more you make them happy, the more you feel proud = motivated to work hard = more money to spend on them
>if you treat them badly or ignore them, they will be taken in by their mother instead
too cruel? or would this work? I don't like the idea of having the lolis die or vanish, but there should be some kind of consequence if you treat them badly right?

What exactly are the advantages to not using OOP? Are there even any or am I just being trolled?

What does the start date have to do with anything? The jam is still a joke and was never meant to be taken seriously.

JUST DO IT

This isn't technically related to game development but this is the closest board I could find to it so I figure you guys might know something and I didn't want to make a whole thread on /v/ to ask a question.
Is there anywhere on Veeky Forums that's focused on modding games and stuff? Like a modding general or something. If there is, I haven't found it on Veeky Forums.

Are you the jam page creator? If you're not you have no saying in what the jam should or should not be.

>The jam is still a joke and was never meant to be taken seriously.
Why do you think that?

you shouldn't make games using functional, is a waste of time.

but learning to code non OOP software will make you a better programmer.

so do it.

functional actually forces you to be creative, since you can't use variables and modificable states in your software.

OOP is bad for code reuse (inheritance and encapsulation are inferior to pure composition), bad for performance (overhead of virtual methods and inability to optimize for cache thanks to encapsulation), and it simply doesn't make sense a lot of the time (how do you model abstract concepts like real world objects?).

It's just haskell jews, ignore them.

/vr/

Oh, and OOP always leads to shared mutable state everywhere which is a huge source of bugs, hard to maintain dependencies, and inefficiencies.

loooooooooooool steam is going to bury your lazy fake games

youtube.com/watch?v=L1OyenZvskc

/tesg/

No, you'd just post in the game's general that you're modding. If you're modding Skyrim, post in /tesg/, if you're modding Minecraft post in /mcg/, etc.

My mod is for a game called Kenshi, which isn't a retro or an elder scrolls game. Would I still be able to find help there?

All of those things are negated by the fact that the most portable game engines are pure OOP. The more platforms you can release on with minimal effort, the more people will be able to buy and play your game.

ok, but where is your game?

>OOPajeet makes mobile shit
I'm not surprised.

>what is ps4
>what is switch
>what is linux
>what is mac os

Kenshi doesn't have a general.

just go and ask.

Kenshi isn't even out yet and likely has practically zero audience. Are there not some developer forums for the game you could post on? Or are you researching modding techniques in general?

The answer you're afraid of getting but you're ultimately going to get is "the thing you want to post doesn't belong anywhere on Veeky Forums other than in a specifically created /v/ thread."

>since you can't use variables and modificable states in your software
But that's basically all my code

>you shouldn't make games using functional, is a waste of time.
>functional actually forces you to be creative, since you can't use variables and modificable states in your software.
Well, would you look at that, both disparaging FP and yet proving that he has no idea what FP is in the same post.

you're being trolled by the haskell sperg from /dpt/

>I want to be a pajeet
t. pajeet

Reply to this post listing games made here or elsewhere that use FP

>PS4
>Switch
Locked down garbage.

>Linux
>Mac OS
Awful for games.

Funny you should say that, because windows is the real platform of choice for pajeets.

the crash bandicoot engine of Psx.

>he thinks I use windows

>be a web developer
>start learning how to code games for fun since php, mysql and asp .net are not really that fun
>check the last 4 /agdg/
>they are literally 1 step above reddit's /agdg/'s, where people ask why if (boolean = true) doesn't work

Where can I find decent discussion on video game development?

This is just a bunch of role playing and kids learning to code as if in some school project.

wrong
>GOAL encourages an imperative programming style
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Oriented_Assembly_Lisp

>2017
>people STILL responding to cristian
What the hell agdg.

dumb frogposter

>Locked down garbage
No, you just have to be able to make halfway decent games to get on their platforms.

he's not the worst shitposter here and he usually argues about something related to gamedev.

real game developers are too busy making games to be wasting their time shitposting with stupid manchildren and timewasting trolls trolling trolls

>OOP is good because game engines that port to many platforms are OOP and I want money!

cristian did nothing wrong

This is literally the place where nintendo kids come to pretend to code games.

All the arguments he makes are dumb though.

wiyg?

gabe is literally about to make consoles fucking cheaper to develop for than publishing a steam game

>FP is good because my hot opinions say so!

All right, I'll give it a shot.

t. buttmad communist triggered by people who are more successful than him

at least he's on topic I guess.

Who are you quoting?

you need to go back to i bet you don't even have a game

>he hasn't experience functional programming yet
lmao pajeet pleb.

how are the guys moving all ragdoll like ?

Good. That will make steam less of a shovelware infested piece of shit. I only hope they apply it retroactively and anyone who can't pay gets their game pulled off the store.

I'm not sure you have, either, seeing as you seem to think FP just means no "variables and modificable states".

enlightme with your superior knowledge over what is functional then.

as a programmer, I've realized people don't talk about programming in any game dev community, unless its a tutorial (atleast in my experience.) I come here to get art criticisms or to ask if my game looks fun

It's not about me being able to get my game on the platform, it's the capabilities of the platform itself.

How do I make a video game?

so /agdg/, i need help.
i learned python because i wanted to learn programming and it is easy to pick up. started doing some shit in pygame but it seems like python is not optimal for game developement. it just has so many caveats you need to look out for.

i found about godot which uses GDscript that has lots of similarities with python.
and there is unity, obviously.

where should i go next if i want to make 2d games?
godot could be easy to pick up since i am bretty gud in python and finished 2 sample-games in pygame.
unity is already fully fleshed out but i heard it is shit for 2d games and i would need to learn C#. i have a C# book here and i have lots of free time.

wat do?

Just like do it

copy and paste some unity store assets and put it on steam greenlight

are you one of these memesters who post "What's holding video games back?" threads with fancy water physics simulation webms attached to them

Use Godot.

Writing programs by composing functions with no side effects. Mutation (as well as any other effect) is still allowed, it just must be explicit in the function signature to make the function pure (which just means that the same input always goes to the same output).

Opinions on learning game design?

you have any experience with it?

So basically having no extra variables you can't change and having no mutable states.

>OOP shill is a consolefag
Nice.

k

Unity is fine but for 2D there are better options.

GameMaker is my fav but the downside is you need to purchase a lot of modules if you want to export to a lot of platforms.
HaXeFlixel is good too and free but if you're having trouble with something, there isn't a lot of resources online.
MonoGame/SDL2/SFML are great if you want to get better at programming while making a game, but these are libraries and not engines, so you'd need to make a lot things yourself or use other software, for example either make your own level editor or download one online.

"game design" is just logic.
play your game, is it fun ? Does it stay fun long ? Then it's well designed.
art, code and music are harder to get right

I think you replied to the wrong person.

i literally have no idea how you came to the conclusion i'm some imagined boogeyman

You didn't even read it.

how do you define fun?

what if you consider boring something other people find fun?

I find Lol extremelly boring, but millions find it too fun.

Fun is a buzzword.

>One reply
hmm

your feelings are a buzzword

>zero arguments
hmm

That's why there are different audiences for different games. The game industry isn't a zero sum game.

yeah a bunch of buzzwords for coding recursevelly and having not mutable states with side effects.
what I'm missing then.

unless I'm not being taugh functional in my into to code class.