General Tire Discussion Thread, since I didn't see one already

General Tire Discussion Thread, since I didn't see one already.

I need a set of reasonably priced but somewhat grippy tires for my WRX (stock 16x6.5 wheels, 205/55/16). The Pilot AS3s that came on the car are almost bald.

Should I go for:

Riken Raptor ZRs ($67/each shipped from Tire Rack, supposedly made by Michelin, 300AA A Treadwear)

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s ($75/each shipped, supposed to be the same as Potenza RE003s, 340A A Treadwear)

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 ($70/each shipped, 320AA A Treadwear)

Kumho Ecsta 4X II ($67/each, 420AA A Treadwear)

Federal 595 Evos ($70-80/each, 260AA A Treadwear)

...does a WRX really use something as thin as a 205?

I run the hankooks you mentioned at 195//205 and honestly pretty nice
kumhos gave me shit grip but when it lost it did it slowly

Its a older bugeye

What surprises me more are the thin wheels, 16x6.5s. After 2009 they got 17x8s (but those look butt ugly).

Does anyone know of a good multi directional tire in 185/60R14s?

The only sort of performance ones I can find are dunlops and while those are nice, I'd like to be able to rotate them side to side and not just front to back

>Wants good tires
>Lists offbrands and notoriously bad tires because he's cheap

I can speak from first hand experience that the Ecsta 4X's and the Ventus V12's are both very bad tires trying to hit far above their weight.
Firecock Indy's are literally redneck memes and Riken is off shore garbage.

If you're going to choose "Reasonably priced" then those medicore to bad tires are really your options. It doesn't matter what you get, since you sound like you're an idiot, just get the highest treadwear, the 4X's. I'm sure you'll appreciate the new shitty tires over your old bald ones. But that grip will fade quickly over a few months.

between those, I'd go with the Firestones.
But given their history, I'd be looking at Goodyear, Dunlop, or Michelin instead.
Why not Goodyear Eagle F1's?
Dunlop Signature HP's?
Michelin Pilot Sport's?

gook tire
shit tire
gook tire
gook tire
gook tire
chink tire i'm pretty sure

is this for your bullshit car? buy the cheapest one

is this a car you dd? michelin pilot sport a/s or whatever summer tire they have

In need of tires too. Currently Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on a first gen CTS-V. P245/45ZR18

I have never had a summer tire, only all seasons. Will going summer tires be a whole lot different? Other alternatives to Pilot Super Sports appreciated.

>Will going summer tires be a whole lot different?
Yeah, you'll wear them out in the blink of an eye, and you'll do hektik skids in the wet and the cold.
If you're dding there's no reason to get summers imo.

your tires are over inflated senpai. see the uneven tread wear in the center?

If you live somewhere where it does both of the following:
>drops under 50 F for extended periods of time
>snows/rains while under 50 F

and you DD the car, don't commit to just summers. If you want to do summers, get summers and winters.

If you don't want to commit to that, just get all seasons. Most of the time they're good enough, unless you're tracking the car, or trying to climb an icy mountain, at which point you should be running dedicated summer/winters anyways.

>EVERYTHING YOU MENTIONED IS SHIT BUT IM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU ANY NON SHITTY ALTERNATIVES BECAUSE I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

also if you really want some zipperhead tires buy toyo proxes or something

>Wants a $60 tire
>Wants $120 tire performance
>Mad that I'm not God

>245 all seasons on a CTS-V
How do you have any traction

You don't have to be God to suggest some alternatives as opposed to just saying everything is shit

>Get the highest treadwear
I already gave your my advice for a normie.

I don't.
Yeah I need to deflate them some. Where I live it won't be below 50 till November
I want to track it eventually but it is a DD

Anyone else running the wholeyear crossclime tyres from michelin? I got mine on couple weeks ago instead of summer, and i quite like them. Nothing to complain about really.

crossclimate*

>normie
>doesn't do anything motorsports related himself (shitposting on Veeky Forums isn't a motorsport)

top kek

Get bfgoodrich gforce sport comp-2s, they're only around $80/each in 205/55/16. I have them on my outback xt and they're phenomenal for the price.