What is considered acceptable regarding "tuning" and visual mods in 2017?

What is considered acceptable regarding "tuning" and visual mods in 2017?

anything but shitty light blue spray painted wheels

I doubt those are spray painted but they are ugly as fuck. thats for sure.

Tbh I wouldn't mind wheels that are painted in a bright colour. Then again my car has red wheels

lowering, wheel fitment, tasteful rims, maybe diffusers, canards etc. stuff that's easy on the eyes basically

leaving the body stock-looking is kind of popular too. just about any pre-2010 bodykit is just rice nowadays

Lots of fiberglass.
Lambo doors.
Lots of stickers.....stickers for tgings you dont even have on your car.
Deleting taillights and relocatijg them
To the bumpers.

Hello 90's, please give us back your incredible looking cars and keep your shitty modding culture
T. 2010's

Lowering springs are dumb. Either do it right with coilovers or don't bother.

Most body kits are dumb. Unless you can actually justify the part with some practical reason you're probably killing your fuel economy and aerodynamics in the process.

No

In 2017 its all about civics with clear plastic hoods.

Would be impressive with a V12

Maybe to sub humans it would.

Anything.

I dislike canards on street cars.

This, the OEM+ or whatever you call it look is in.

I feel bad for that car :(

no it isnt

some retards on Veeky Forums just try to force it

Pretty fuckin' sick, not gonna lie.

Good to see the bosozoku are still around.

what ever you can sneak past the police

This, a widebody looks awesome on an appropriate power car.

its just whats popular in general now

There can be more than one thing "in" at a time.

oh and under glow is coming back in fashion I see it pretty often now and it shows up in features

vinyl wraps have crazy visuals popular again

rice is back in with several people making street cars look track

the Rocket Bunny look has been huge for the past couple of years and it doesnt look like its going to stop

restomodding/pro touring is still strong

stance isnt going anywhere no matter how much you guys despise it

yeah and oem+ isnt one of them

OEM+ is way big, are you kidding?

no it isnt lmao

maybe if you want to go calling every modded car oem+ then sure it is

>talks about OEM+
>posts stancefag with fuckhueg wing AND spoiler

Overfenders like Felony Form are definitely OEM+.
That's an OEM wing and it's about as low as any E36 on coilovers, it's not slammed.

Reminder to give your child enough attention or they might turn out to become "tuners" to compensate.

I think he's talking about the improperly fitted tires and the camber, you dunce.

how are overfenders oem+

especially riveted ones

theyre just more Rocket bunny type shit

I've seen many cars with matte paintjob/ foil wraps recently
Other than that nothing new, lowered, big oem wheels

Also not being interested in cars is a thing nowadays (^:

Making ad hominem attacks won't give your argument any more creedence.

The slight camber is natural to E36 suspension when lowered. That is barely any compared to when people try to get camber; definitely not a "stance" car.

18" wheels that are wide as they are necessitate such an aspect. Even 20mm spacers with stock wheels will cause rubbing on the fronts and won't fit the rears without rolling.

OEM+ is about slightly changing the OEM look. If you didn't change anything it would just be OEM. Overfenders that actually keep stock body lines and reference E30 fenders that the E36 M3 lacked therefore are a fine example.

Rivetting is simply a choice, I could not tell from the picture but many are moulded on.

Rocket Bunny is not OEM+, it drastically changes the look. Felony Form is very subtle to the point where you may not even notice it.

oem+ is a stupid name then

its just a lightly modded car

literally nothing special
its something thats been a thing since the beginning of time

doesnt even deserve having a name

Lightly modded is not the same as OEM+. You could strap a giant dildo on your hood and call it lightly modded.

The difference of OEM+ is that it still pays respect to the original stylings and works to build upon it instead of replacing it. I misspoke and oversimplified it's nature.

But you are right in that it is vague because people will have different ideas of what seems original and what has gone too far. But if you aggregate the subjective opinions you therefore come to the definition.

Why?

excuse me then

I was under the impression oem+ is just using oem or affiliated tuner parts (like AMG on Mercedes or Mugen on Honda ect) and keeping it looking like something that would have came from the factory

Do whatever you fucking want, it's your car

Oem plus seeks to maintain the original style of the car while improving it by upgrading and adding parts to enhance the car. A well done oem plus car will leave someone who doesn't know that model or isnt a car person thinking it came stock that way while improving the drivong experience.

Well I would more call that OEM purism. If you are still in the sphere of OEM then what is the + for?

You have stock, OEM, OEM+, and then off to tuners etc.

This, for example, is definitely OEM+. Different suspension, different wheels... But not body kit that entirely changes the look. I mean, if you omit wheels and suspension from being a case of modification but call out overfenders because they are a different part it is just being choosey.

but its not oem since its aftermarket parts

that doesnt look oem in the slightest because the wheels are huge

T H I S.

No such thing as "acceptable" when it comes to cars because for the most part people will either do what they want or hop on whatever trend they find intriguing regardless of what other people think.

You guys arguing ITT are just wasting your breath.

Again if it we're entirely OEM then it wouldn't be OEM+; then it would just be OEM. To call it otherwise would be redundant. OEM + OEM = OEM. So no equations are needed!

OEM+ therefore inherently needs aftermarket parts to qualify as something other than OEM.

And those wheels are probably an OEM size, it is just lower so they appear bigger.

except I already said its not oem you dumb nigger

Mugen isnt OEM

and fuck no that isnt oem size those are like 19s

its not even oem+ its just a stanced BMW lol

what the fuck Im going back to this term being retarded

And I said before that they aren't OEM wheels, I said the size is probably OEM. BMW makes some pretty big wheels. If slightly lowering a car and changing the wheels is called stancing and not OEM+, I don't think you can call anything OEM+.

I don't deal with Japanese cars, but with all German brands I know... AMG, BMW M, etc., their parts are called OEM/Genuine. I assume Mugen is the same thing.

no the E90 never came with anything larger than 18s

>I don't think you can call anything OEM+.

its not even anything but lowered with wheels

its not plus anything

Well great you've proven to yourself that the term means nothing to you, but you continue to care that it means something to other people.

because its a stupid term

its like sjws making up bullshit terms just to they can label something

this

It's actually a pretty simple concept that doesn't require irrelevant similies.

OEM+ is a subset of lightly modded.

its just a stanced BMW

Terms are not explicitly exclusionary.

its a pointless term tho

Lights are pretty dope.

No mods are acceptable.

Honestly tire lettering looks pretty cool when it's subtle/done right
i.e a stanced Accord with them looks bad
That's popping right now

>stock, OEM, OEM+

Nice autism.