Initial d

Should i buy a A86?

I have enough money for it and i've been thinking it for the couple of years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dNF5sic8WHo
youtube.com/watch?v=A3UerfINTpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

you fucked it, they spiked in price over the last year

Do it and provide us with webms of you delivering tofu

Do it, and also open up an initial d cafe and garage like the one they have in Japan

Fuck forgot to change name

Does anyone have that ae86 ruined my life copypasta?

Do you like the car itself or the show? If you only want one because of the show, don't do it. If you genuinely like the car, go for it. But you'd better have some deep pockets.

yes they're a great god damn car.

No
There are better and more powerful cars for less money

If you have enough for an AE86 you should buy something else instead

Tired of this argument. Not everyone buys cars for raw power. If you wanted power you wouldn't be considering a 30 year old econo-sports car.

I'll sell you mine for 4 times what I paid for it if you wanna buy one for $4k

I'd like the car due to it's popularity and i feel like it fits for me.

nigga it's meant to fit for everyone who reads it, a basic ass shitbox with a heart of a racer that fucks GTRs and race drivers etc.

find something else

Buy a Porsche 944 instead

Don't buy it just because of the show, it's a shitbox that will cost you to restore it, if you can even find it cheap because of the fucking initar de

Can't you form your own opinions, OP?
Why do you need to ask a bunch of Saturn driving, tendy gorging autists pretending to own BMWs what kind of car you should buy.

No one should buy an AE86. If you see one for sale you should just buy it then immediately crush it. Keep adding value to my shitbox i bought for 1k that can smoke STI's and evo's.

You'll be disappointed.

There's one in California.

>1000$ shitbox
>smoke STIs & EVOs
>proceeds to dip tendy in ranch sauce at his computer desk.

>Paying 15k for a 30 years old 130hp shitbox

Weebs are worse than boomers.

Nobodies paying 15k for a stock ae86.
Could you be any more out of your element .

Why do you even try to participate.

They're like 5-7k, still way too much for what it is.

If you wrote this as bait you won. If not you're retarded enough to want to buy one.

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

jdm tax

If you only like it for its popularity, I'd say don't get one.

If you like the car autistically for what it is, like me, go for it. If you're willing to pour thousands into it, get one. Make no mistake, if you get one, you WILL pour thousands into it. Parts are scarce, and POs fuck things up.

Dagumi can smoke Evos, you can't nerd

>Should I buy a 30 year old Corolla shitbox?
Do you really need others to answer that question for you?

Wow you found the one and only corolla that got posted for 15k that questionably sold for the sellers asking price.
Try to duplicate that result. Protip: you can't.

Is a corolla has a bar'd smog legal s2k f20 swap in it then 15k is quite reasonable.

I only want an AE86 because I like the 80s styling, popup headlights, is lightweight, good on gas, RWD, and is a Toyota. Not many other cars match that criteria, at least not anything made within the past 30 years.

I'd love to get that one Subaru that's extremely thin and has an awkward steering wheel, and has been described as looking like a spaceshitlp, but that's extremely rare. I'd also like to get a Starion, but too many people try to sell the MOPAR rebadges as a genuine Mitsubishi and they are again very rare cars.

Honestly, no. Only weeb dude bros will like the car. No girl will want to ride in it with you and it's really slow. Get a miata if you want something light and rwd.

>old mustang has solid read axle
>old mustang is cheap
>old mustang is powerful
>Veeky Forums hates it

>old corolla has solid rear axle
>old corolla is overpriced
>old corolla is underpowered
>Veeky Forums loves it

>never driven either car before

I've driven the fourth gen mustang, but not the 86 corolla. I'm still positive it's hyped up shit.

Is there? Where?

>has driven the fourth gen mustang before
>now qualified to criticize every car ever made before
> Officialy Veeky Forumstarded

Just shut the fuck up.

None of those have sold. How can you fail to see that and attempt to use it in your defense of your retarded comment you made earlier.

>All of the offers you find are 10k+ but I swear the sellers will give them away for 500 and a handjob ;)

>criticize every car ever made

I just pointed out that I've driven one of the vehicles mentioned. Are you upset that i criticized a slow car from the 80s?

I'm a mechanic, so i think I'm capable of judging a car based on it's technical specifications. Stop pretending it's anything more than a poor performing econobox. You wouldn't even give it a second look if it wasn't for the anime.

Yeah cause you have bought a bunch of old corrollas and know exactly what your talking about.
Why dont you KYS, child.

You already destroyed your credibility comparing your aunts 92 v6 mustang autotragedy you drove once to a corolla.
Theres no reason to acknowlege your posts any further.

Relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=dNF5sic8WHo

youtube.com/watch?v=A3UerfINTpI

The answer is yes.

yep

honestly if it wouldn't have appeared in initial D it'd just have disappeared into history, like all the other drift cars only japanese ehtusiasts used, like cressidas etc.
barely anyone gives a fuck about cressidas.

The ae86 made racing history 10 years before initial d ever came out just like the datsun 510, 240z, starlet , 240sx.
Thats why initial d was made.
You just dont know anything, bus rider.

>no reason to acknowlege your posts
>he still thinks the corolla is a sports car

Not him but it has all the qualifications of being a sports car. Competitive power for its time, optional LSD, RWD, high revving engine, 5 speed manual with great gearing, fantastic handling, sporty looks, and made with entertainment in mind.

If you don't think the AE86 is a sports car, you're in denial.

>Still keking To himself in a dark lonely room

Its ok, user. We can all tell your crying inside.

>Furry yiff reviews

Seriously nobody has busted out this terrible terrible post? This actually makes me rage worse than OPs complete ignorance. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Whats your point here?

>optional LSD, RWD

Many cars offered that.

>high revving engine

Many cars offered that.

>5 speed manual

Many cars offered that.

>fantastic handling

Solid rear axle and soft stock suspension is "fantastic"? I'd hate to see what your definition of bad handling is.

>sporty looks

Not when compared to Japanese sport cars of the same era.

>made with entertainment in mind.

That sounds like a marketing gimmick that can be said about any vehicle. "The Honda Motocompo was made with entertainment in mind!"

>If you don't think the AE86 is a sports car, you're in denial.

I believe you've been brainwashed by a cartoon.

My crying what?

>Desk racers having a meltdown

What a loser.

Most shitboxes at the time were only offered with open diff. LSD is much more upscale than an open diff.

Most engines in the 80s topped off around 5,000 RPM. 7,500 RPM in 1983 on a street car was crazy for the time.

You'd drive an automatic sports car? What's the fun in that?

Suspension is easily changable. The rear end handles just fine. Not to mention 4-wheel disc in 1983. Commuter shitboxes used drums.

It looks similar to pretty much any 80s Japanese sports car.

If the AE86 isn't a sports car, tell me the qualifications please.

>the desk racer car review daily

>Theres no reason to acknowlege your posts
>You just dont know anything, bus rider
>We can all tell your crying inside
>Desk racers having a meltdown

The economy car was never a sports car. Your delusions won't change that.

Sports cars are purpose built. It's a sport coupe which in many cases is better for the hobbyists budget but in this one the parts are actually rarer in the US than those of comparable Japanese sports cars of the period

Its past your bedtime and tell your parents to bump up your ritilin dosage, user.

You lost us all at.....

>I've driven the fourth gen mustang, but not the 86 corolla. I'm still positive it's hyped up shit.

After you released that little bit of info everyone stopped reading your posts and just cut straight to calling you an idiot.

Good job?

Maybe now parts are hard to find, but you were able to get everything through the dealer while the cars were in production and up to around 10 years after.

The AE86 was purpose built as a sports car. It just fell under the Corolla lineup as a submodel. Similar to the Celica and the Supra or the Chaser sharing the same chassis as the Cressida.

Everyone considers the MR2 a sports car. The AE86 is the a FR2+2.

Don't hype it up too much, remember its a 20-30 year old car. It was good for its time.
That's the mistake that most people do, meet their childhood heroes and then get massively disappointed by them in the end. Let your childhood memories be the image, the reality might disappoint you.

>everyone stopped reading your posts

You've made an effort to read them all.

>IMG
>IMG
>IMG
>IMG
>IMG

>just cut straight to calling you an idiot.

Interesting.

>acknowlege
>ritilin

Anyone who says there corrola is fast has a decent motor swap and some coilovers.
Thats basically what every person who wants or owns a ae86 plans on doing to it.

Building your own project car is not for soft handed desk racers.
Its just funny how Desk racers fear what they dont understand yet they all want to buy a BMW.

>When your parents are too negligent to setup the computers parental controls

While AE86s are good tuning platforms, they aren't nearly worth it because of the tofu tax. Aw11s, s13s, Miatas, FC rx7s, and many more are way better platforms which cost less than half as much. AE86s have a live real axle ffs.

Unless you're buying it as a collector and not as a tuner car, which is fine. I plan to own an AE86 in the future.

>twitter meme

I went to Japan and rented an ae86 and drove the shit out of it in Hakone. It had light engine mods and coils and Federal tires ~200TW, basically what I would do with one.

Would buy one in decent shape if I could find it in a heartbeat, especially after actually driving one.

Currently daily a brz for what it's worth.

>when you finally except the fact that your life is nothing more than a twitter meme.

I guess theres kids nowadays who still dont know how to fully utilize their internet search engines.
They must be special children who ride the bus.

>itt people who have never driven hachiroku shit on hachiroku

Do you prefer the AE86 over the AW11? If so, what are your reasons?

What I find hilarious is people who shit on the GT86 but suck the dick of the ae86.

They only understand the appeal of a lightweight low powered great handling car if it's an anime meme car or a miata.

I've owned both. The corolla feels better to drive.

I used to smoke gt86s with my ae86 20v silvertop.
Yes that is pretty hilarious.

no. get a celica or mr2 instead. they dont have a meme tax

doesnt even have popup headlights....

>go on craigslist
>see ae86s and ae88s in good condition for 5-7k
>see an engine swapped ae86 with bodykit going for 8k

GT86 is sold and marketed as a high performance sports car.
AE86 was a shitbox that could easily get sideways.

Both accelerate about the same.

The GT86 has a whole 500 pounds (AT LEAST) on the AE86, and it doesn't have a rotary-tier HP/torque ratio to boot. You can also change the sparkplugs in an AE86 without jacking the car up, too.

Plus most tuned 86s have the interior gutted and that makes the differece in weight even more substantial.
probably more like a 600-700lbs difference of you peel out all the tar paper sound dampening stuff under the carpets.

Likewise you could gut your new comfy daily driver frs interior also and shave some weight.

this much fucking salt over a car because
>muh inital d can be only reason famous
>130hp cant have fun with
> i dont find the styling appealing enough to spend the money on the car so no one can

fuck me the bus riders are really sperging out today. people who can only justify purchasing a car by lap times and hp are fucking autistic

Another thing. The AE86 was an "accidental masterpiece" that resulted from cutting a sedan down, giving it RWD instead of FWD, 4 wheel disk brakes, and impressive for the time suspension. It was literally a hack job of a car, yet it earned a place in motorsports history; no other car by Toyota since then has had the same luck, in fact the newer, sport oriented AW11 (which was heavily based of the AE86) was actually worse off due to one key weakness; snap oversteer.

Meanwhile, the GT86 was just Subaru cutting away the transfer case from their AWD system and throwing a standard Impreza engine in it, and Toyota slapped on the 86 on the name as a means of trying to make it similar to a legendary vehicle. It has as much to do with the AE86 as the Mustang has to do with the Edsel. The Hyundai Genesis coupe is the modern AE86 as it, just like the 86, was an RWD "sporty" coupe version of a budget family vehicle.

>snap oversteer.
Can't hold everyone's hand when they drive

>Another thing. The AE86 was an "accidental masterpiece" that resulted from cutting a sedan down, giving it RWD instead of FWD, 4 wheel disk brakes, and impressive for the time suspension. It was literally a hack job of a car, yet it earned a place in motorsports history; no other car by Toyota since then has had the same luck, in fact the newer, sport oriented AW11 (which was heavily based of the AE86) was actually worse off due to one key weakness; snap oversteer.

Well you sure pulled that shit straight out of your ass you compulsive lying autist.

Toyota was making RWD corolla coupes since 1966.

What other stupid shif have you fabricated that you think people are dumb enough to believe.

KYS.

my aw11 has a worn steering bushing and hasn't snapped on me once. get gud loser.

Could someone post that captioned image/gif of Tsuchiya talking about the comments he gets on his 86? The quote ends with something along the lines of >they just wouldn't understand.

It's always great to open a bread related to the ae86 and see all the try hard retards talking shit about "huur it's just slow and old and no one would know it exists if it werent for initial d"
I wish I could filter them all

I wouldn't buy one cause it's becoming too common. Maybe it is fun to drive, but personally I wouldn't.

Now lets hear the wight difference and wheelbase difference between the cars

yfw the do cost 15k in NZ

i will trade you your new zealand citizenship for my american citizenship.
Im pretty tired of it over here with all the land bargers and eurokux.
I would give up 5000$ ae86 to get out of here for when trump gets china & north korea to bomb us all.

No boy, get an S12

If you like the car, do it.
If you're just doing it for praise from people you don't know, kys.

Well we do have a substantially higher cost of living, but our import market is pretty varied.
Except for anything you can put an RB in, those are ricer taxxed to fuck and beyond.