/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #721 - Bouquet of Roses edition

Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=5hGNAsTz0uU

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFiQjtRkc3U
youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

COMFY

Modern and Boom Amy ruined this edition

Boom is objectively Amy's best design.

In a surprise to no one, comicslist doesn't have Sonic Universe on their next week releases.

Modern and Boom Amy ruined this edition

It's okay user, its SA1 stacked Amy edition. The best of the Modern amys.

>The final part of Mega Drive will never be released
Fuck me

Sonic is known as the fastest thing alive. But in the end of each of classic games you see that he can't outrun Eggman. How do you explain it?

Sonic holds back because of Eggman can't get to his last giant robot or whatever it's no fun.

I wonder how many amyfags even knew she existed before Adventure 1. Adventure/Modern Amy is the most popular aka has the most lewds because of this.

How is this allowed?

Good.

I heard this General's opinion on Jet and Wave, but what about Storm the Albatross?

that would make sonic a villian to some degree in the eyes of other heroes Justice Lord Sonic when?

>no Mega Drive conclusion
>no Genesis of a Hero conclusion
>no fun one-off stories with neat character interactions
>no #300 and #100 milestones
>no 25th Anniversary celebration
There is no redemption for Archie fucking up this hard.

Out of the three he has the least development. There's really not much there to have an opinion on. He basically seems like Big the Cat but without a companion like Froggy and either angry or scared, usually from Jet or Wave, all the time.

Sonic's life is a lie.

What face did you make when you first saw the '06 trailer and Sweet Sweet Sweet started playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=cFiQjtRkc3U

>SA1 stacked Amy edition
Also a lot of fanservice.

How little she looks compared to the two other is also very weird (I know it's the "classic" gimmick but still). Sonic CD was my second Sonic. That Collision Chaos scene was traumatizing as a kid. It took me months to free her on Stardust Speedway.

I'd say less a villain and more like Goku. More about having a good, fun time than being a hero.

Isn't DB Super starting a new arc where goku is shown as a villian for doing exactly that?

I still need a sauce for that

To be fair she wasn't that prevalent before Adventure. CD didn't get that big an audience compared to the Mega Drive trilogy, and other pre-Adventure games with her in are on the more obscure side, with the exception of maybe Sonic R.

I saw someone playing Sonic CD in the waiting room at the dentist's office when I was a bab. Got Adventure 2 and figured out she was the pink hedgehog I saw in CD.

Is Amy a strong female character?

Nice Sonic Forces Gameplay video.

She's a playable character. What else do you need user?

If Elise returns, then anyone can return, even Mighty N° 09

She is strong and she is female.

I wouldn't wanna mess with her or her hammer on a bad day.
She might flaunt her pantieshots from time to time, but even when kidnapped, she retained a strong willpower, didn't give up and even managed to escape on her own pretty much.
So I think she qualifies as a tough cookie, no doubt.

Reminder

She hits hard with a melee weapon, and is a woman. Therefore she is both a strong AND female character. But, if you're asking if she's a "strong female character," the answer is no. She's not even a strong character; none of the Sonic characters are. They're all shallow archetypes at their best.

no user

I love Mighty, both pre and post reboot, I would genuinely enjoy seeing him around again, even though once they add him to the games they'll probably reduce him to a base one-word personality like with the rest of Sonic's friends.

WHOSE MEAT
I THOUGHT YOU WERE A FRIEND OF ANIMALS YOU LITTLE FOX

>They're all shallow archetypes at their best.
That's being too kind. They're about as one note as you can get, only BARELY above Mario characters because of the presence of actual dialogue. You would have to make a big attempt to write them """"out of character"""

>You would have to make a big attempt to write them """"out of character"""
that's where you're trying too hard to look cool

No, not really. The most research you need to do for one of them is recognize the archetype they fall into.

#
Technically, Sonic didn't fall in love with Elise. He made it pretty clear he planned to leave the moment Eggman was beaten.
Sonic saw her as a friend, the way he sees everyone. Elise, having closed herself off to everyone since she was seven, became attached and dependant on that feeling

So if I make Sonic a drug abusing rapist, would that count as out of character?

As long as he still had the attitude, no.

>legs
Weird as shit but unique

Okay.

>Sonic rapes Amy
>Before he leaves, he looks at Cream: "HEY, I'LL PLAY WITH YOU SOME OTHER TIME"

So as long as Sonic still has an attitude, he could be a drug abusing, rapist? user pls.

who's that with the green hair?

Green shell.

I really hope we get a port / virtual console of Chaotix sometime. The environments there were always awesome, if a little repetitive.

I posted that, and I have no idea where it's from.

>A-Rank.

I made chili tonight but forgot to buy hot dogs at the grocery store

Then go back out and buy them.

More romhacks need to use Chaotix level assets. The only one I know of that does is the Metal Sonic one.

>*whistles* Too easy!

user, you can fix your mistake! Go back to the store & get the hotdogs!

Mighty's little sister, Matilda.

Exactly WHY does everyone think that Ray has to be associated with Mighty like some kind of Tails knockoff?

Sega Sonic.

>That was TIGHT.

kek

This is how I would've done Generations, actually. Instead of going down by timeline, randomize it and break it up by level archetype. There's a gradual transition towards other archetypes. So for example you have a beach, then an industrial area out on the water, then a straight on industrial area.

>Green Hill
>Seaside Hill
>Emerald Coast
>Boss: Egg Mobile / Enemy Swarm

>Metal Harbor
>Chemical Plant
>Grand Metropolis
>Boss: Death Egg Robot (Forces size)

>Crisis City
>Sandopolis
>Pyramid Cave
>Boss: Egg Viper

>Twinkle Park
>Carnival Night
>Starlight Carnival
>Boss: Egg Golem

>Tidal Tempest
>Labyrinth
>Aquarium Park
>Boss: Egg Emperor

>Ice Cap
>Cool Edge
>White Acropolis
>Boss: Egg Cerberus

>Wing Fortress
>Metallic Madness
>Final Egg
>Boss: Egg Dragoon

>Death Egg
>Eggmanland
>Final Fortress
>Boss: Metal Sonic

>Final Boss: Time Eater

>Probably reduce him to a base one-word personality like with the rest

BUT IT'S WHAT THE FANS WANT RIGHT?!

youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY

Excellent character representation, this game.

Because people follow patterns.

>Sonic doesn't utter a single word to anyone of them
>just makes an awkward gesture
What did they mean by this?

He found out the only best friends he needs are Tails and himself.

I mean, that is fairly accurate to how the characters are

too weak

don't know if ...

can ... make it

Because the only game Ray ever appeared in was the first game Mighty appeared in.

Come on user, you can make it!!

>Sonic's friends will help him during levels via radio
So is this just gonna be tips/hints? Sounds kinda pointless if they're just telling you where to go if you're on a set path anyway.

Pretty much this. Since Sonic Team ignore Chaotix (the game) and enforce that on the comic, SegaSonic is the predominant game for them. It was even referenced in Generations.

That Sonic Team just wanted Sonic in and out of that conversation as soon as possible.

"HERE'S YOUR CHARACTERS NOW SHUT UP"

Also I just noticed that Sonic doesn't even care to make a single voice line to any of them, not even a joke or a reference to previous timelines/events. Not even MODERN TAILS....or..knuckles.

I feel that characters that aren't blue hedgeys are going down the obscure route at this point

If you are really a fan of the blue rat you will go get those hot dogs

>What would Moebius Sticks be like?

A government stooge.

I bet they just replaced Omochao with Sonic's friends.

Is Sonic the kind of character who would turn a blind eye to a crime?

Sega let writers who don't know anything about the series write an anniversary title based around revisiting content from previous games.

I'm assuming Forces will have some amount of branching paths, like the other boost games.

A wageslave basically.

Tojyo of course.

How can anybody fuck up so hard?

Yeah, that's worked great for Shadow.

just because Ray's only game was SegaSonic, which Mighty also made his first appearance in. The comic canon also establishes the two as best friends (where he is most definitely the Tails to his Sonic, but they're excellent foils to our own Sonic and Tails).

Because they are probably the the two most obscure playable characters in the series.

Because what the fuck else are you going to do with Ray?

first for our dude, battle lord

Does everyone have amnesia here? I thought /sthg/ despises jet.

I don't like him

I' ve been saying this over and over his Japanese voice redeems him

Literally who imo.

I thought /sthg/ wasn't one person.

Honestly I think he's fine, his Japanese voice makes him really enjoyable, much like Chip.

I have no strong feelings about him. Kinda liked him in the comic though.

Is Taxman's Retro Engine publicly available? That is, can romhacks legally be made using it?

Forget he existe--OHHHH!!

BUT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I CAN'T DO EASILY

THIS IS NOT SIMPLY MY WAY OR MY STYLE

I thought we all hated Silver?

Him too

Would you a female Vector?

GOTTA GET A HOLD OF MY LIIIIIIIIIIFE

I like him only because he actually makes Sonic pissed off.

Best ship, sliding right in.