The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Music for slayying the ayy awayy: (variety mix)
>youtube.com/watch?v=iYYRH4apXDo
>youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/app/268500/history/
youtu.be/_eyY4RGwz2E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pistols are useful

>there will never be an expansion in our lifetimes

Bradford cant die as long as the ayys remain a threat

test

Muton commandos mod when

>Bradford will be so old in Xcom3 that he will ride into battle on a SHIV

>Even in death I serve

>Bradford is going to have his own life support suit and he will be a special unit that you can deploy on missions if you have enough resources

test 2

What are you testing

Allright, this one is good enough

Transparency with Veeky Forums theme "Tomorrow." If you look at the different images with that them on, the differences are quite apparent.

Gotcha are you the artist by chance?

no

BF 1 Ports when

Would rather have more bf4 stuff added or more tier 3 stuff

Are the XCOM 2 DLCs worth it? I heard that the first one offers some bad cartoony customization options and constantly resets your characters to the new clothing. Is that the case and has it been fixed?

Anarchy's children is the one you're thinking of, it adds a lot of mad max esque accessories and stuff.

You can also have soldiers run around in short shorts + sports bras or regular shorts.

Alien hunters and Shen's last gift are kinda eh imo.

>anarchy's children
good if you like worthless cosmetic options you may or may not use
>alien hunters
worst dlc adds op weapons and fuck you bosses
>shen's last gift
Best dlc gives you a robot

>constantly resets your characters to the new clothing
Turn the Anarchy's Children spawn % to 0 in your options menu. You can still use them if you want, but the game shouldn't force them on you with the randomgen disabled.

One caveat to this, sometimes when you upgrade armor a soldier will get the stupid anarchy options and you've got to fix them.

Not a big deal to me since I always customize my soldiers' armor.

Anarchy's Children has like one good use

>advent strength 11

Oh shit, how high can it go?

I think 20

Just drop him in one of of these and add on some green, woolen side panels. He'll be back to purging ayys like the good old times.

is that M.C Ride?

Who else could it be?

You wouldn't step on this Snek would you?

No, but I'll burn it alive

Compter died and Been playing xbone Xcom 2
Anyone else played it? There are lots odd small differences I noticed
>both soilders and aliens have more life, soldiers get more lift per rank up
>shorter mission timers
>lancers miss a lot more often
>several ui colors are changed,

Is it possible the console version is not on the same patch as PC? Otherwise that's very weird.

Strange, I never noticed any balance changes in the PS3 EW. Granted I did not play much because vanilla is boring but it's weird they'd do that for xcom 2.

I wish there was an ability for xcom that let soldiers parry and counter incoming melee like mutons do.

Gunners have that

But it's up against shredder and grazing fire.

But the ability exists. So you can do what you want with it now. Also it's against grazing fire and center mass, if that makes any difference.

Console Xcom 2

I am though, taking requests for any other alien trooper/xcom operative armor ideas

xcom warcrimes on ayys please

or armored sectoids or something

shoo page 10

Ah sick! Thanks my guy.

I like the blending you have going on in this one.

>doing the vahlen mission in xcom 2
>use reaper on bradley
>kill 4 babby vipers with sword, shoot down another babby, hair trigger procs, out of ammo, use my free reload, go into overwatch, get an overwatch kill

based comms jockey

bradford is no comms jockey

he's a god damn hero, who somehow took a fire extinguisher to the head and remained conscious

I like what you've done makes me think about anti xcom spec ops or something

...Guys what if Long War 2 was supposed to be our fucking expansion pack?

Like an alien leader, but with multiple special enemies that escape if they take too many losses.

than they better start updating it

wrong

You guys don't get it. There is no expansion announcement because Firaxis is going under thanks to Civ 6 being shitty and 2k going under thanks to the fact that they invested fucking everything into Mafia 3 and it was shitty.

some thing like that like a squad of 6 spec ops sectoids

>Have game in top 10 for 2016
>oh no other stuff isn't doing well
>better cut the successful one
It's not a good argument.

I think a mix of different spec ops aliens would be cooler, so they have different abilities that synergize with each other.
Though six Sectoids means six mindfrays, which is horrifying.

This makes me sad...
I've been hanging on /civ4xg/ for a while and came back to see if there's any news of an expansion, so I can start playing XCUM again.

steamdb.info/app/268500/history/

Something is cookin

Should Meld (or some other sort of optional secondary objective that affects the strategy layer) return in the expansion?

stealth rebalance hopefully

How would you rebalance stealth for vanilla? What's wrong with the current system/role of stealth?

i dont think so
meld was introduced to solve the overly safe playstyle of the base game and incentiveze a more risky playstyle

it's shit

snow balls very quickly unfortunately it could be real neat but as of now its a free kill on one or more pod

Yup, that's the point.

countdown timers dont go down as long as you're stealthed allowing you to maneuver your squad to tactical position nearby and engage when ready.

silence kills that also require you to pick up the enemy body and reposition it to prevent the enemy squad from locating it and alerting it to your presence.

hacking a workstation no longer reveals your squad

if you take down entire pod in a stealth attack your conceal remains.

remove concealed start
only soldiers with phantom get concealment

Rich Evans voicepack when?

>every move is laughter

The way I see it stealth is there to let you get to the action faster than overwatch camping and avoid the "welp I activated the entire map on my first move" scenario.
The problem is that it's too good at letting you pick your fights and anything you ambush has zero chance of surviving.

I'd like to keep the former while minimizing the latter and I think the best way to do that is limit the time of setup. One way to do it would be to take the timers, reduce them and make it the "turns until concealment is lost" timer. So the game is telling you, OK man, you have four turns to find the best ambush and then go loud. Alternatively you could increase the pod detection radius every turn until it eventually becomes impossible to sneak past them, forcing you to engage. Harder to implement but you could also make it so that any pod you have LOS of for two consecutive turns activates and breaks concealment. Makes stealth more skillful since you need to keep breaking LOS to maintain it and prevents you from doing the silly thing where somebody with an AOE skill just sits still for seven turns waiting for stuff to waddle nearly on top of them. Would make hunker down lowering your LOS for the turn really useful too. I don't think it has any application otherwise.

Stealth was meant to fix the problem of EW where the best way to engage a pod was to sit in overwatch and wait for them to wander into you, but at the end of the day stealth is the exact same thing but dialed up to 11. Proper use of stealth makes the game slower, not faster while at the same time making it too easy. The biggest challenge ends up being how good you are at handling being bored.

>not waiting until you get someone with faceoff

ABA2 is better at that

I AM A LORD OF BRETTONIA

NO

>playing x2 with no ssd on a 3-4 yo rig
Commander please deliver me from loading hell.

>playing with 400 mostly voice or cosmetic mods

People have been telling me 16 GBs of ram is overkill, but I'm starting to think otherwise. It'd certiantly help with loading over the 8 I currently have.

At the rate we're going 16GB won't stay overkill very long.

Tanks will never come back and SHIVS if they come back will never be as anywhere as useful as a tank with 8 rockets.

I want my tanks!

I wonder how difficult it would be to make tanks for Xcom2, Shivs would in theory be really simple probably.

Some of the Crysallids and Sectopods are multi-tiled so that wouldn't be a problem I think. Make it so it can't gain xp, give it cover destruction as it rolls over things, and make it so it can't go up stairs.

The only thing I have no clue about is how that tank is going to climb a rope to get back in the Skyranger.

Same way a spark does, rockets.

youtu.be/_eyY4RGwz2E

Bump

I actually upgraded my ram for this very reason.

why are grenades so weak? in real life they have a much larger casualty radius and much less falloff

Balance, motherfucker, ever heard of it?

In real life they also don't blow up cover or even go through cover.

The shrapnel won't but the rapid expansion and compression from the explosion often can injure someone.

Grenades are ridiculously broken, especially in vanilla.

>yakety sax during ufo chase
Kek/10

>improved training roulette mod

I assume you aren't getting two rockets

It gives me two rockets along with Fire in the Hole. Suppression is also merged with Opportunist, which is a bit crazy as well.

Oh very nice.
I assumed you met "improved" sarcastically due to the greentext.
>suppression is also merged with opportunist
Doesn't suppression always get opportunist on reaction shots?

Anyone got feedback? The format's been getting more polished imo, but I'd still like to hear what you guys have to say. Even if it's gems like "kill yourself fag xD"

All right user, I'll watch it just for you. I haven't watched any yet, so I'll give my unfiltered opinion.

You still get the normal reaction shot penalties without opportunist on suppression reactions.

Thanks famigliano

iirc that's a long war change

>tfw xcom 2 would be massively more interesting if the advent had a mix of weird goo babies and regular humans to give some moral greyness to fucking them the heck up
rip