/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Mid-Season Reinforcements deployed on March 15th.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/reinforcements.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHDNAPabPU4
youtube.com/watch?v=lvBOZCrJsAI
starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/League_(StarCraft_II)#League_Types
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Montagne is fair and balanced

youtube.com/watch?v=hHDNAPabPU4

second for breach bros

Third for Montagne

>herd u were taking hostages
>like we wouldnt find out

>Previously on /r6g/

context?

Posted it after the new thread message. D:

Also this happened too

You can go and see previous thread for yourself

Spoonfeeding is a bad habit

The trick is to not care. I'm even playing as recruit in the image because playing for fun is more important than tryharding every game. :)

How do we nerf Monty? Take away his revolver? Make his hipfire almost useless?

ok dork

Decreasing the animation time in-between EXTEND DONG and being able to spam hipfire was a mistake.

They're not likely to increase it back to the previous time though, so it's going to remain abusable as fuck.

Make explosives break his side panels.

Make explosives go through his shield again. There is no reason for them not to.

What fabulous bundle will they have in store for us this week?

Rook Baguette bundle?

>gain a rank
>single match of 2-3 team tardlets on a team that you can almost carry but not quite
>lose a rank

AD

NAUSEUM

I hope not. I'd have to buy it.

Practice makes perfect. If you're stuck at a rank it's because you belong at that rank. Just keep working and it and you'll see yourself improve. :)

>If you're stuck at a rank it's because you belong at that rank.

that would only be true if elo was personal.

ELO is pretty personal, depending on who you ask.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvBOZCrJsAI

You can be carried, but not enough to really matter unless you're ONLY playing with the probe carrying you.

People not probe.

Your personal elo is held at ransom by the people that you are randomly rolled to team up with, if you solo queue.

Not really. Play well and you'll naturally rank up.

If you're blaming your teammates for being stuck at a rank for a super long time, you're probably at fault.

Kinda hard to say that when shitters bring their even bigger shitter level 13 friends into ranked with them, and they're almost always on your team.

there is literally no reason for anyone here to be in copper

if you actually consume literally any r6 content outside of the game itself, you should know how to be at the very least silver

>Don't blame the faggot that goes 0-5, play well and you'll naturally carry your team to a win :)
>As long as you win twice as much, because a loss costs you more than a win benefits you

yeah nah its a shitty system

Oh fuck off. Ranked solo queue is fucking dumb because 1) you're playing by yourself when most people play with friends and 2) it's random if you get a competent team or not. You make it sound like a good player can 1v5 every lower rank match by himself. Look at Kixstar, arguably one of the best Siege players in the world, and he was stuck bouncing around in Platinum when he was solo queuing at the start of this season.

>Caveira will never interrogate you
why even live

Copper is generally for players who are very new to games and/or fps games in general. Typically if you're in copper it means you're missing the fundamentals.

Silver is when you've got the basics down.

Gold is when you've started learning more advanced strategies.

Platinum is where you've learned a decent amount of more advanced strategies.

Diamond is when you have the advanced strategies down pat.

To not be interrogated and killed by a BR with 5000 ping

It just hit me that there are people who play this game in favelas. Is Favela their favorite stage?

Ranked solo isn't NEARLY as bad as you make it out to be.

other than, you know, making him viable.

>Look at Kixstar, arguably one of the best Siege players in the world, and he was stuck bouncing around in Platinum when he was solo queuing at the start of this season.

thats why this happened right

>rainbow six siege dating sim
if you know your way into renpy and dont feel like dropping the project i wouldnt mind drawing for you im thickanon tho

>tfw smoke main
>montagne cant do shit agaisnt agaisnt toxic babes

Yes it is.

Solo ranked is anger inducing

it is imo. You never know what you're getting into as a solo queuer.

I've ranked to plat two seasons in a row solo. It's not bad at all.

If he couldn't get the team organized, it's his own fault. Not the system's.

Copper is for when you suffer from a physical disability

Silver is for when you suffer from a mental disability

Gold is when you have the game's basics down

Plat is for when you have the basics down and have learned several advanched tactics

Diamond is for when you have mastered those basics and tactics.

Too bad this is nothing but a joke since ranked is (((beta)))

there should be another level above diamond, or another rank of diamond itself.

>If he couldn't get the team organized, it's his own fault. Not the system's.

Are you dumb?

What is Bronze then? Somewhere in the middle of Copper and Silver? Is this a fair assessment considering people get matchmaking errors and derank from that, or are you just speaking if all goes well?

Shouldn't that be the opposite? People know exactly what they're getting themselves into when they pressed that ranked (beta) button in the menu

I agree. There should be a Master League like in Starcraft 2's Ladder System.

They have it like this:
starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/League_(StarCraft_II)#League_Types

>Still learning to master Mira
>realize there are some maps where she is literally useless

Good DLC there Ubisoft. I can't wait for the Operator who is only good on Yacht and Favella and terrible on every other map

I solo'd to Diamond in season 4, when it was easy to get but still. I had a string of lucky matches where I carried the shit out of my team and won multiple clutches, but it was pretty much luck that the stars aligned for me while nobody on my team was making callouts or doing anything significant. This is a heavily team based game and there is so much luck involved in solo queue.

>I can't get good with Mira in other maps so that means no one can be good with her there

Wew

There's barely any difference between ranked and casual besides picking spawn and better players in ranked.

How about an attacker that can hack into the defenders cameras?

This is the most asinine complaint I've ever seen

Pretty stupid.

Would tank Valkyrie's pick rate, and would not be a game changer because default cameras are not particularly good and are usually taken out quickly.

It's like giving free candy to the defenders and then saying "but don't eat it because I'm gonna poison it as well"

There are some spots where she's god tier, like on Kafe if you C4 the wall between the top floor bathroom and freezer and put 2 miras on the wall into cigar lounge, open one, now you have a perfect way to deny cigar lounge with lots of rotation.

Yeah, pretty shit idea, just trying to think of stuff

How about a operator that can instantly switch to a secondary (ability with cool down, think Caveria), and can draw secondary when downed

>Trying to teach something to someone that's already decided he doesn't want to learn

Your intentions are good but your efforts are wasted on him

i wish the old rank icons would come back. the new ones look like dumb towel racks

Would a psychotic operator really worth the trouble and potential death?

Oh absolutely. When Mira works, she works great. Being able to add that mirror to the wall in closet of master bedroom is entirely game changing on that map

It just really feels like such a weird trade off, because on a few maps she is pretty much just a wasted pick - but even when you look at Castle even on his bad objectives, he's still a little useful for locking off rooms or blocking a window or whatever.

>Able to critically analyze an operator and realize their weaknesses
>LOL HES JUST BAD

Have you tried, you know, not posting?

Please name the maps where you think she's useless (explain why) and I'll prove you wrong

Right off the top of my head - coastline.

I wouldn't resist and annoy her, I'd tell her everything she wants to know and beg for mercy.

Hereford, coastline. How do I git gud with Mira on these two maps?

the season 1 icons had the best design imo, they could definitely use some editing to make them clearer but they had the right idea

Yeah I can't possibly think of any spots in this map that would provide Mira with a great advantage

Protip: You can get away with Mira-next-to-unreinforced, Mira-on-unreinforced, Double-Mira, (all these for EZ wallbangs) and Vanilla Mira for Information all brilliantly in this map if you just get creative.

Don't place them on the objective, necessarily (and obviously not showing canister to outside windows). Teammates should be guarding indoor flanks.

Look at these maps and get creative. Tell me if you can think of anything

Wow dude almost every Mira spot leaves you at the mercy of window peekers, or requires you to be in a room with multiple entry points that can fuck you at any given moment. Sounds like a good operator!

Good meme friend. Once again feel free to simply not post.

which op is the best?

Not that guy but get creative, I don't know about coastline because I haven't played it enough but I can think of multiple spots on Hereford where she would be good. On basement you could put one looking into lockers and one looking into the ladder drop for example, or two into ladder drop, or two side by side on the big wall and wait for the attackers to push before breaking one. Just experiment.

Wrong answer.

>Please name the maps where you think she's useless (explain why) and I'll prove you wrong
>here are the names user
>Blah blah blah here are the maps get creative :)
Nice

>Can't refute that on Coastline the vast majority of viable window spots would leave you incredibly vulnerable to numerous methods of assfuckary
>"Wrong Answer"

>(explain why)
>Gives the shittiest half-thought as an explanation

Clearly you don't understand what the hell you're talking about

Mira is an operator that requires teamwork, like Castle - although active. Castle's barricades are a passive element that are set and forgotten, when the defensive team already knows where they will be and they are placed in such a way that doesn't alter team rotations.

Mira needs teamwork and actively working your tool to squeeze the juice out of it. You get the effort that you put in. If you're going to complain that Mira is not viable because "but user if I get flanked I lose abloobloo" yeah no shit retard, that's why you have teammates guarding positions and why you place Mira windows so that they're not directly visible from outside looking windows.

>Operator literally requires you to dedicate an entire team around using her well
>Even when this occurs she still isn't that good overall because she is fighting against the map to squeeze that juice
>Most other operators in the game do not have these handicaps or considerations

Just admit you are way out of your depth and come to the realization that that because at your level of play the enemy are complete shitters doesn't mean your strategies are optimal or would work against opponents with the IQ rivaling that a gnat.

this is correct
when mira is on the field, defenders have to play around her to make the most of her gadget

it's like dustline when attackers would organize themselves all around their blackbeard and make plays that way

Everybody calm the FUCK DOWN NOW

Dumb frogposter. What is this thread for if not gameplay discussion?

Does she really need that much of teamwork? Because in some objectives like Consulate garage (or garages in general) and Kafe she's fine playing solo as far as I've seen.

>it's like dustline when attackers would organize themselves all around their blackbeard and make plays that way

Except what you described in Dust Line didn't happen exactly the same way - it was the sort of realization that the Attacking team will ALWAYS have a Blackbeard on it, so you tended to work to strength since you know 2/5 slots were already taken up. But even then, Blackbeard just being a window memer was still enough to tilt matches drastically in your favor. But you are never really locked into a strategy, because really your strategy can literally be "Let Blackbeard loose and wreak havoc over there"

If you remember tho, the Defender meta ALSO changed to account for Blackbeard - it was probably the low point of R6S tbqh

What he is suggesting is that if Mira is present, on a map where she is severely handicapped, the ENTIRE Defender strategy has to adapt and pamper her specifically. If not, she's basically a wasted pick. On some maps she is god tier even on her own, and on most maps but some objectives she's fine without any support.

The difference is subtle, but significant enough to break it down.

>Operator literally requires you to dedicate an entire team around using her well
Not the entire team is needed. Everyone does need to know its position and status (broken/unbroken), and it needs to be placed in such a way that minimizes risk for the defenders if it is compromised, but which also maximizes use when it isn't. Defenders that are playing other important positions will already be playing those positions almost all of the time even if Mira isn't on the field because those are just the typical defenses you see on those maps. (Unless you're playing Casual or low level ranked and you have retards with no coordination)

>Even when this occurs she still isn't that good overall because she is fighting against the map to squeeze that juice
Quite the contrary, she's using the map to her advantage. In a game where prefiring is everything, I'd say getting prefires off reliably on someone is absolutely invaluable. And even if you're only using it for information, those are direct Valkyrie cameras right outside the objective that are working for you and which you can use to communicate shit to your roamer(s).

>Most other operators in the game do not have these handicaps or considerations
You can play Defense without Mira perfectly. Mira adds a new way, and new considerations, to play Defense. If you want to do good with her and reap the benefits, then you need to abide by those. If you can't do that and want to play her without thinking, you can simply come to a vietnamese basket weaving forum to cry about how she's useless (because you don't want to learn).

Mira does not mandate teamwork in all objectives, she can do fine solo sometimes. But she shines with teamwork.

what about this

>on a map where she is severely handicapped, the ENTIRE Defender strategy has to adapt and pamper her specifically. If not, she's basically a wasted pick
THIS is the problem. No other defender bogs their team down just because they were pipcked on a wrong map.

It's not that you're picking her on the wrong map, it's that you're not adapting your defense to use her properly. If your team doesn't want to do that, then don't pick her. Leave the other teams that do know how to use her in that scenario do that against you.

This is like saying that you're getting handicapped by Castle because a bad Castle player that doesn't know where to place their barricades /a team that doesn't know where the funnels they should be guarding are and have to take down their own castlecades because of lack of communication means that Castle is bad on certain maps.

Such is the nature of these ops. You get from them exactly what you put in.

>it's a "every operator is perfectly balanced" rerun

/r6g/ runs this one a lot

being real though, Mira and Castle are probably among the higher skill ceiling ops in the game

shitters suck with them, watching good players make the best of them is beautiful

How about an attacker with a noise maker decoy grenade that makes a deafening noises to cover over foot steps and muffles gun shots?

How did you get that idea from reading this thread? Am I getting meme'd?

>how about (operator idea that will never get implemented)

>How about we actually have a conversation about things we think would be fun to see in the game

Honestly assuming it's going to be ~50 more ops like they're saying they want to do, this is among the likelier options to become true tbqh. Making a play on sound would be interesting seeing how intel in this game revolves so much around sound.

It's unlikely that among those ~50 there isn't going to be anyone sound related

A decoy is widely requested

But nobody ever said that?
Discussing operators' strategies and contextual viability is hardly claiming they're "perfectly balanced".

>Reading comprehension

>~50 more ops

w-what
that's insane

im wishing more and more that they will just come out and do a proper sequel some years in the future, with an engine built from the ground up to actually be for Siege, instead of the fucking frankenstein monster that is the AssCreed engine adapted to a shooter with destructibility in it.

it's a spaghetti code nightmare the way it is now, I'm guessing
and adding ~50 more fucking ops and mechanics to it seems like it's just going to make it burst its seams and spill its guts

I dont see the problem with 50 operators to be honest

Is there a reason everyone seems to use ACOG sights? My aim seems to be slightly thrown off by them, possibly due to the magnification.

If nothing else I see one huge problem with it
Reinforced Wall - centric operators.

Thermite and Hibana are staples of most matches. You usually see one or the other, or both. The only way defenders used to interact with reinforced walls was by denying breaches (Bandit/Mute) and now Mira (can make windows/holes in them).

Now:
>If they add ~50 more ops and none of them involve reinforced wall fuckery
Siege is doomed to almost always having Thermite or Hibana to make an attack viable, Bandit/Mute will be picked for denying them, and Mira will be picked when her team wants to turn the blade on the attackers, for all eternity, and game enjoyment/balance will heavily rely on these pillars and how they are treated.

>If they add ~50 more ops and some of them involve reinforced wall fuckery
You could end up with a situation where you have FIVE (5) reinforced wall fucking attackers ready to make many objectives in the game indefensible. Even on defense, if you add more "deniers" it would be boring, and I can't possibly see what other kind of interaction you could have with a reinforced wall other than denying it or Mira'ing it.

So basically going forward, they are fucking themselves over because the meta relies too heavily on reinforced walls. The game was designed and balanced with a few in mind (like the ones we've seen), but going up to 50 sounds like a recipe for disaster because of the sheer reliance in-game for playing with or around reinforced walls.

ehhh

ACOG's are often used because they give you versatility in engagement distances.

It allows you to get clearer pictures at a distance to get headshots and they do not hinder close-quarters use sufficiently to disencourage their use (at least for most people). x1 sights allow you to do close-quarters easy, but can be difficult to land distance shots precisely to their head.

If you are new to the game though, like the OP FAQ says, it's best to stick with 1x sights at first because otherwise you're going to tunnel vision hard as you won't know the maps or the places to pre-aim.