Why does any supercar manufacturer even bother at this point?

Why does any supercar manufacturer even bother at this point?

Nothing comes close to the Bugatti Chiron.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94uygIVthLw
youtube.com/watch?v=MPTNOvvvM7g
youtube.com/watch?v=72jjJNdyFAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A conman in a shed came very fucking close using a Lotus and a boosted LS.

bc havig a 1000hp luxury supercar isnt the end all be all and i have way more fun in my lightweight 1.8l miata.

>chiron
>sports car
pick one. It's designed for going fast in a straight line. not exactly sporty. it's too heavy and big to be good on the touge.

>beat by a demon except in top speed
Boring gaudy car

Following your logic this thing BTFOs them both.

Here's a hint for you: Making a car go 270+ mph one way down a runway once is pretty easy.

And the Demon gets beat by other cars in all regards apart from acceleration. Boring and gaudy.

Making it street legal is a bit harder, but yeah.

I'm inclined to agree, I'd never buy a demon. But then again, a demon isn't 3 million dollars

Easy when it's still "technically" a Lotus and you haven't actually built a new car.

Come on, anything with four wheels and two headlights is street legal somewhere in the US. It's not a meaningful measure.

>beaten by a Demon with an optional drivetrain upgrade, slicks, passenger and rear seats removed and when running on race fuel
>Oh and it's not actually a 0-62 since they measured it with rollout, so it's more like 10-62.

FTFY

>Optional drive train
>Demon crate literally costs $1
>Demon is down 600 horsepower from the chiron and using an ancient truck engine
>Bugatti also has brutal launch control
>$80,000

>add rear and passenger seats
>do an actual 0-60 and not with rollout
>Demon is no longer faster

?

not to mention that it's a dodge and will explode for no reason

how can VW even compete

>yuropoors need to spend literal millions for horsepower

the best part is that these arnt owned by non car people

squareheaded amerilard, your lack of education is showing.

Sorry, I forgot that yuropoors can't actually afford to drive anything besides 1.something litre shitboxes

Don't know where you drive, here in NY 1000-3000HP was the norm back in the late 70's..punched out, tunnel ram Pro-Stock engined, or blown and nitro burning with single piece fiberglass front ends etc... bring your own body guards if you win and want to keep your money... of course there where tons of mild modified stock muscle...wow you have a dominator..with a 4spd and lader taction bars ...wow...cough...Give me your milk money and your car!

This guys right tho. Nothing but Koenigsegg can compete. And that's just because their both masterfully crafted, for their own thing. Pagani is a Italian madman's luxury rocket, Koenig a Swedish geniuses luxury rocket.

I wonder how many glucose injections you need to be able to type that sentence with your obese fingers.
But congratulations on knowing we use the metric system in the civilized world, you are already smarter than 50% of your country - including your president.

Dear Plebs:
The person who owns a Pagani or a Bugatti, ALSO owns the other car. It's not a "hmm which ONE do I buy?" There was a stat from Bugatti where they said their buyers own an average of like 30 other cars or something by the time they added the Veyron to their collection.

The person buying a million dollar car does just have one of them. They get all of them.

No one. Lemme tell you no one, had 1000hp in the 70's unless it was a funny car/top fuel. Let alone 3000 with just a tunnel ram and some power adders. Nimrod.

You mean insulin? Yuropoors can't even into basic medicine

t. not an American

Keye-rahn or Schee-rohne?

Pretty easy to make lots of power with a massive engine and a blower
youtube.com/watch?v=94uygIVthLw

Also you are the same people who don't get why people have multiples of the same car, or keep the older versions of cars that have 'replacements'.
For example someone who owned a Diablo may also buy a Diablo SV, but keep both of them whereas a normal person would get a Mustang, then upgrade to a Mustang GT and sell their old car.

They have all of them but they sell or never drive their glorified VW, in favor of a handbuilt, piece of literal art, that has been made FOR YOU do drive its tits off.

>buy a car
>never drive it
Rich people don't make sense

You think Warren Buffet gives a shit about some nig with a Chiron in his garage?

>using modern engine architecture
>using computer designed intake manifolds for optimal flow
>modern metallurgy
>using modern turbo technology
Never said it was impossible. I just said it was not happening in the 70's for road cars. Especially wasn't "the norm" by any way.

this man gets it, but imo pagani should go with a free valve v12 twin turbo

A lot of rich people do drive them like jay leno, Mr Bean or all these jewtube faggots who get a Lamborghini with their internet money. Even John Carmack used to drag his f40 and f50

Don't generalize just because you are jelly

That would be Mercedes that needs to go freevalve, but that's not gonna happen.. No ones getting FV for a while (a decade?)
Personally I'd rather have valves being computer controlled, rather than pneumatic, but whatever. I'm not smart enough to make it work.

>John Carmack
>As reported in David Kushner's Masters of Doom, when Carmack was 14, he broke into a school to help a group of kids steal Apple II computers. To gain entry to the building, Carmack concocted a sticky substance of thermite mixed with Vaseline that melted through the windows. However, an overweight accomplice struggled to get through the hole, and opened the window, setting off a silent alarm and alerting police. John was arrested, and sent for psychiatric evaluation (the report mentions 'no empathy for other human beings' and describes Carmack as 'a brain on legs'). Carmack was then sentenced to a year in a juvenile home
The fuq

Dude. That's kinda badass.

A guy I worked with maintained his Ferraris and has some good stories. They were all modified and had shittons of miles on them, lots of purists were butthurt about the guy. He would rent out a track and take all the techs to $300 lunches and dinners while everyone was in greasy work clothes. Seemed like was a cool guy and really into the cars, I heard he doesn't have any of them anymore though.

they are computer controlled, koenisegg made his own ecu from scratch so the engine is free revving

>medicine
that's haram you know

He had a 600hp twin turbo F50 and a 1000 hp Testarossa which he said had too much power.

He also gave away one of his Ferraris as a prize at a quake-con event

insulin responds to glucose aka the level of glucose in blood aka blood sugar.

>can't even

Odd, it looks like thats solid airscoop/airfilter box.
It should do damage as the engine has to shake a bit.

>glucose injections

In most places it's literally just brake/head/reverse/turn lights, bumper/frame that extend to the wheels, and an e brake or something

If it's so great why doesn't it win any half or one mile events?

Yeah it's luxurious and fast for a production car but you could almost achieve the same thing with a TT Corvette and a couple hundred pounds of dynamat.

youtube.com/watch?v=MPTNOvvvM7g

>VW
>Not exploding
Gg

>engine swapped Lotus
>"""""original"""" american supercar

>amerilards claim that all amerilards are rich
>but they complain about expensive things

makes you think

ameridumbs should be removed from this board 2bh

That car sucks balls

thats right.
nothing can compete with the free valve technology as well.

only on Veeky Forums will you find retards who genuinely think that some piece of shit freedom-mobile is superior to a million dollar car

Except the $20k pushrod crate engines that put out twice the power. Maybe you swedes should stick to Ikea and meatballs and shit.

t. dumb pushcuck

>put out twice the power
And can be pushed further with minimal effort, or will run for millions of miles with minimal maintenance in stock form.
Feels good to be the best.

A genuine car enthusiast would almost always take the diy option that performs just as well. It seems like you're in the wrong place. Shouldn't you be on a Tesla or Apple forum? You fucking production cuck.

t. dumb pushcuck

>diy option
>80k piece of shit """"""drag car""""""

pick one retard

t. dumb pushcuck

Not an argument
Kek, another butthurt weeb nerd has meltdown

>Put another 10K into the $80k car
>race Chiron for pinks in the 1/4 or half
>win the arabmobile
>?????

>pls stop reminding me pushrods can't compete!!!

lel look at this pushcuck having two meltdowns

>anyone racing for pinks against some pushrod powered shitbox

LEL

or
>put 10k into piece of shit
>explode
>die

>80k ancient truck engine smokes a 3 million "automotive tech"
Kek you can't make this shit up

>dumb pushcuck making shit up

as usual

>drive a corvette
>forget to do a cooldown lap
>5 minutes later

This explains why you don't have a car and is so angry about LS motors.

drag racing is the nickelback of racing, somebody call me when the demon can go around a bend at more than 20 mph

>3 million
>can't move it's self

youtube.com/watch?v=72jjJNdyFAw

>This explains why you don't have a car
wrong

>is
are since you are talking in second person

>motors
engine

keep sperging, reminder the LS is literally sub-par

>80s hemi v8 with a supercharger makes 800
>1500 hp quad turbo w16 still loses
>And AWD unlike the rwd demon

Holyyy fuck I'd be having a meltdown too if I was you

Meanwhile, we're all driving 3k shitboxes.

>pushcuck still making shit up because he is having several meltdowns

Sad!

Hey man I drive a 1.6 miata. Some car banter is fun. Unless you're having a breakdown every time you type like the other weeb

>a 1.6 miata

LMOA

t. busrider

You could always LS swap your Miata...

Kidding.

Supercars are neat and shit but it's like fucking an actress, just not going to happen.

I prefer amateur sluts and just drive my slutty stang.

nice projection

Classic fucking Veeky Forums thread

>this car is faster than than that car while being cheaper, therefore that car is retarded
>I have no concept of luxury
>I have no concept of refinement
>I have no concept of one badge being more attractive than another

>I have no concept of anything that matters so I just look up acceleration numbers and shitpost from the basement of my parents' house

Really not sure why I keep coming back here, every thread is the same

pushrod cuckholds having a mental, as usual

You are just addicted, like some salaryman who pays a woman in black leather to step on him and call him shit.

Not everyone wants tiny japanese steel engines. Let the LS orcs have their fun in the sun.

I like pushrods but I wouldn't fit one into my miata. Just gonna daily it while making it handle better.

Isn't the handling already pretty sick?

I've been here for about a day and I've gathered that it's just a bunch of jealous poorfags who don't actually like cars, but rather being better than other cars

>thread about bugatti
>ameridumb steps in, sharts in mart
>"omg pushrod cucks are the voictims!!"

Yeah but its definitely overated. I hear once you get the proper suspension setup is when it really shines. Frame reinforcement, coilovers, tires, and wheels is really all I want

Are the pushcucks wrong about it beating the Chiron in everything but top speed? Mart Sharting aside.

>everything

literally cannot go fast in anything other than a straight line

yes, because any pushrod block would make more power with OHC

Just compare the specs of the Chiron to some modified street cars. A Chiron would get devastated if it ever showed up to a Texas mile. The pushrod powered cars would eat it for breakfast.

That would be a very lost Arab.

Just don't mention your car if it's worth anywhere above $50K. That's so far above the median here that no one will believe you.
Kind of sad, but understandable, as this board is full of LARPers.

>not production

Fly to dubai, put bread on a parked Chiron, fly back.