Is there a more altruistic car manufacturer?

Is there a more altruistic car manufacturer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autistic*

No, I meant altruistic.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

Taking tax money to make a car only the bourgeoisie can afford isn't altruistic.

>altruistic
>literally working people into an early grave

artistic*

Musk said the more expensive models were a necessary step to making the cheaper ones.

As are the exorbitant transfer fees when using PayPal for small personal transactions I'm sure.

The money you'd save on gas for getting one of these shitty hipster cars just goes directly into the payment for it.

There are more benefits than that, though. They're silent, have a lot of power, and can be replenished at home.

>Paypal fee is ~3%
>Exorbitant
Not to mention you can just use the "send money to family/friends" option in which there is no fee
Not

You spelled "autistic" wrong lol

>They're silent
Do you know where you are? We all want a sports car thatll play us the trumpets of the gods. Not silent bullshit.

I for one appreciate both high-rev symphonies and the juxtaposition of extreme power and torque with virtually no sound.

Tesla's torque dies before hitting 60.

Because they're Canadian and Canadians are actually good people.

I don't. I like the silence of electric cars.

I didn't know that.

>Tesla
>Canadian

Their HQ is in Palo Alto and their cars are built in Freemont. If Tesla is Canadian then I'm fucking Japanese.

Are you like 12?

Elon Musk is British-Canadian, though.

musk is a fucking commie who's company is dependent on government money.

he's a ultra-globalist who's pushing autonomous cars and has claimed he does not want to see people driving in the future.

he's actively pushing an agenda to control people's transport, which is plank number 6 of the communist manifesto.

fuck elon musk, no american should support this anti-freedom faggot

why is communism bad tho?

because it's a feel good ideology that panders to the lowest common denominator and drags the most intelligent people down to the level of the stupidest.

it sets humanity back and results in famine and purges EVERY SINGLE TIME

it works small scale, the inuit people survived in the arctic using communist-esque systems. However it absolutely has no place being applied on national scales for all of the reasons you mention

Ford disagrees.

>famine and purges
>bad
humans are disgusting vile animals. communism actually sounds good

tips fedora

The only people that like Teslas are yuppies who like that it can go fast and has fancy doors
>bourgeoisie
Fucking commies get off my board

>breathes in
BOI

>only communists use correct terms

american detected

pre-chinkshit Volvo.

seat belts motherfuckers

Go back to sucking Putin off Donald.

>The only people that like Teslas are yuppies who like that it can go fast and has fancy doors
I like the Tesla because it's quiet
Believe it or not, I love driving but hate engine noise.

>altruistic
What's altruist about a fucking car? And don't fucking post the wikipedia shit again without reading it because I'm sure you don't know what it means

Tesla operates at a loss to save the planet from global warming.

I love driving an electric car. I don't ever want to go back to a regular ICE car. I'm hearing so many sounds outside that I never heard before.

>hate engine noise
Who hurt you?

Everything in my life must be quiet.
My PC is noise dampened. I don't have hard drives in it, only SSDs.
I don't like music either.

You must be fun at parties

I don't go to parties :^)
Prefer to spend time in the wilderness, in the comfort of my home, reading, or at art galleries

How is it altruistic? Expensive cars that are only good as weekend cars despite only being fun in straight lines aren't good for anyone.

Altruism doesn't exist.

>going to parties
>being a normalfaggot
I have run into many people, including offroaders, who have said "I don't wanna hear yours and you don't wanna hear mine, I'm still looking for one that sounds the same as it does when it's OFF."

It doesn't work on any scale at all. If it did, all of those rural Chinese farm communes wouldn't have made secret private property agreements in the 70s.

Still too big a scale. We're talking a couple hundred, 600 people at most.

Well, they certainly seem to be a not-for-profit organization.

>he's actively pushing an agenda to control people's transport, which is plank number 6 of the communist manifesto
I actually have a copy of the communist manifesto. number 6 says that the state should control transport. really doesnt make it any better and since musk wants to become overlord of mars i guess you are still right.

Wow I literally can't believe such people exist. Did the whole train clap?

These communes had less than that. The most famous one is the one that started it all, of course. They signed their declaration of private property in bloody thumbprints, it's very neat. For the life of me I can't remember its name or the valley it was in. That's going to drive me nuts until I remember it.

There was also an American colony (think British colony in America) that tried a commune style of farming. It didn't work because personal incentives didn't line up with the incentives of the commune. They went to private property as well. If only I could remember the name of the colony. My memory is shit today. It might have been the Plymouth Colony.

>self-driving electric cars regulated by state
>you don't control the car

Engine noise is literally inefficiency, wasted energy

They think engine noise is obnoxious.
Spend as much time as they do near straight piped jeeps and you might start to agree.

>Spend as much time as they do near straight piped jeeps and you might start to agree.
>Spend as much time as they do near straight piped jeeps
>When they do not come straight piped from factory

Hold on a second...

>m-muh Musk

Did you miss the part where I said I hear this often from offroaders
Seriously, I love the I6, but do not straight pipe one. It sounds like garbage.

That thing was a literal toy the day it was built. A powerwheels car has longer range.

>Tesla operates at a loss
Sure, you believe that.

Post your face when you overtake a combustion dinosaur in your intergalactic electric spaceboat of magic :^)

To be fair, cars before the model T were usually luxury items with custom coach built bodies owned by the wealthy. So, even though I think Musk could have done a lot more before if he'd focused immediately on a passenger car rather than the Roadster... He's sort of right.

Except you couldn't be more wrong

>10 gallon tank
>20mpg
>200 mile range over non-existent roads
These things were built like tanks

Tribalism not adhering to private property and monetary concepts does not make it communism.

What does the gas version have anything to do with this conversation? Most of the sunk cost in trying to develop an electric car is in the actual electric part and I agree with the idea that you'd have to figure out how to make it work first before you can go full minmax and try to make a lower cost consumer version. Posting an ancient shitbox as 'proof' that something can be done cheaply isn't proving anything. Especially considering the fact that car was never cheap at all.

>A powerwheels car has longer range.
This is why you're stupid

>Especially considering the fact that car was never cheap at all.
It sold as cheap as $6400 adjusted for inflation

This gave me cancer

I'm not too worried about tesla. They can't mass produce their cars and keeping up with the demand is not possible. Even if they eventually mass produce models, we will see just how their quality control holds up. Tesla quality control is questionable at best and that's without mass production. At some point investors are going to want to see tesla actually make money. Musk's bullshit can only carry on for so long before investors pull the plug.

>This newfie

Lol

Yahoo Answer:

The standard 4-seat open tourer of 1909 cost $850 (equivalent to $20,043 today), when competing cars often cost $2,000-$3,000 (equivalent to $47,160-$70,740 today); in 1913, the price dropped to $550 (equivalent to $11,789 today), and $440 in 1915 (equivalent to $9,218 today)] In 1914, an assembly line worker could buy a Model T with four months' pay
Most of the info was on wiki but i recalculated the numbers for 2009. That is as recent as my calculator would go. Westegg was the only calculator that would reach all the way back to 1909. All the other calculators would only go back to 1913. I checked the westegg calculator against the Bureau of Labor and Statistics CPI Inflation Calculator and all the numbers were within a couple hundred dollars.

He's actually Canadian-American, and as a bonus fact he was born in South Africa.

I suppose the nationality of a car company depends on where you draw the line:
location of headquarters, primary country of production/design, CEO/Founder's national background, etc.

I do want one of those cars though regardless.

>investors
You mean Musks checking account.

In 1925 they sold for $260

Really though, what does the Model A have to do with this? It's not proof that cheap cars are possible today because the Model A had next to absolutely no standards to adhere to. You could just shit out whatever.

>Complain about a shit car company ran by an egomaniac taking federal tax money from us the tax payers.
>still get called a fucking commie
Musk should have stuck to space travel and found another means to finance his space travel.
Continue to suck off the established oligarchs that hate you.

>if you remain in a room with a car that runs on gasoline while the engine is idling, it emits a toxic gas that will put you to sleep and kill you

I want to sleep

Tesla loses money on everything they do. It exists solely as Musks misguided effort to meme the electric car market into being because he's a whackjob technocrat. He has other less conspicuous but much more profitable investments to draw from, and Tesla is not one of them.

mfw i know the girl who is driving it

Hannah Elliot of Bloomberg

very cute girl