But annon, I am

>Nissan Xterra
>not a Patrol
>Toyota 4Runner
>not a Land Cruiser
feelsbadman.jpeg

>driving actual, affordable, functional vehicles instead of rolling memes
>LEL@BACKWARDSMURICA
Sorry, we prefer our vehicles to be practical.

I am American you turd. I just wish we could get those modern vehicles here (ie the selectivity).

4runner and xterras are very capable (especially for going down areas where you can bring your trailer) but it'd be nice to offer a patrol or land cruiser for people who live in the mountains or farm area.

Anyway, enjoy your ride overlanding, user. More pictures of dirtbike trails when you can.

>fox and grapes.jpg

What sort of rooftop tent is that?

Is the I-5 sprinter engine capable of doing shit? Also, is the drive train even good enough for that kind of lift?

No idea about the engine, but the drivetrain on this thing is not stock

>c'mon it's pre-mosquito season edition
lol, no. The mosquitoes are definitely out in force.

How big is the jump from BFG AT KO2'S to BFG Mud Terrains? Both would be 31x10.5x15. my 27" Firestone Destination's aren't bad but I'm mostly either driving in sand, or hugging the edge of a rut.

Unironic "get a new trucc"

Also, I fucking hate mud washboards where the ruts are the same length as your wheelbase and you vertically go up and down really quickly and rattle your bones / brains.

>mfw commuting home down boundary today
>strafing ruts from a truck before me
>bounce up and down 7 times in succession and had to literally stop because i thought i had a concussion
At least I could squeeze in some offroading today as haven't had a mud client in 2 weeks. I love consession roads while thunderstorming.

Anyway, what do you mean by "big of a jump"? As in can you go up 5 cm without a lift kit? Wanna buy my 33 inch KO2s? :^)

He means performance difference.

MTs really do make a big difference in mud, as they should. Better in sand as well.

ATs are ofcourse better on the pavement

ATs you've seen are "all terrain" which is why HeapFags really like them for both pavement driving and offroad capability. Mud Terrain is BFG's answer to that as they are really, really noisey on the road (more so than the KO2s, anyway) and apparently wear faster. I think they're also kept at a lower PSI recommendation than KO2s as well.

If you're continuously getting stuck in 2wd, it may be worth chaining your tyres before and after mudbogging with friends. I'm not sure they would help as much as you want them to without the appropriate clearance.

Have you tried airing down your KO2s yet? If you're not doing much highway driving, you may be able to get away with running 25 PSI on the KO2s all the time. That will really help you mudding

If memory serves me right, it's a tepui, it's my buddy's rig, mine is the 4runner, I'm not cool enough to have a RTT.

Will contribute shit cell phone picture for now. My photographer is compressing trail pictures that I'll post later. Was nice to finally be able to get offroad again and try out the tires. They perform exceptionally well, even in 2WD. Never got stuck but did manage to smack both front fenders and fold them in. Definitely time to get the bigger lift put on.

How do you like your xterra?

It's pretty gay, so it's just like me!!!
I'm only joking, I'm not him.

And with that offset it'll definitely be time to replace all your tie rod ends and bushes in no time

You mean the offset that literally every Jeep ever uses? I think it'll be fine. It's not as much as it appears, the lack of fender flares makes it look much more offset. More importantly, you meant ball joints and unit bearings, not bushings and tie rods.

New pictures are coming in.

>You mean the offset that literally every Jeep ever uses?
Correct, the "literally every Jeep" that ends up with rapidly accelerated wear and wooly steering.
>you meant ball joints and unit bearings, not bushings and tie rods.
May as well add those to the mix, yes. But I was indeed talking about the little rubber grommets that link your control arms (bushes) and the replaceable ball joints on either end if if your drag link and tie rod (tie rod ends). Unless you have one of those miraculous XJs that has a levitating front differential and a thought controlled steering setup.

Stop pretending to know things, junior, you're embarrassing yourself. Oh wait, are you just afraid of vehicle modification of any kind? Yeah sure, the little bit of offset causes some accelerated wear, so instead of 150,000 miles on a set of ball joints and unit bearings, I'll only get 90,000 miles. Oh me oh my, what ever will I do other than not being a poorfag? And the only thing that'll get to the steering is the bigger tires, and then I'll upgrade. Mind you, the lift I already own includes new control arms upper and lower, with heim joints, an upgraded adjustable track bar, and upgraded tie rod. Quit being a wet blanket, you very obviously jealous, do nothing, pavement queen.

Looking for a lift kit. What are some good brands and any that i should avoid.

How'd you get that lip on the front fender?

It's the factory fold, I just cut up close to it then used a flap wheel to smooth it out. But after today it's likely getting cut a bit higher.

Cute condescension bubs
>Oh wait, are you just afraid of vehicle modification of any kind?
Not at all, although I'm more in favour of well measured function as opposed from bunging on -60 wheels on a setup designed for +25 in the name of aesthetics for dem sweet internet photos yo
>so instead of 150,000 miles on a set of ball joints and unit bearings, I'll only get 90,000 miles.
You're seven underestimating the byproduct of changing your offset by 3.5" lol. You'll learn in time grasshopper.

The offset difference is under two inches from the factory setup. And I'm not sevening anything. I've stopped being a mechanic longer than you've had pubes, I know more than you. I also know that retards are scared of modifying their vehicles because some shit they read on the internet. Come back and try to mean something after you've bought your first vehicle, shitposter.

>I'm sooo much older than you are and I know more than you do
Lmao, you sure act like it Mr poster known as Veeky Forums

Oh yeah I think I used that lip as a template for my cut.

Yeah most people do, but I had planned to keep a "clean" look while being capable. But shit happens and I couldn't wait any longer to get offroad, and shit happened.

Yeah it looks good with the lip, maybe I can fab up a lip out of some sheet metal. I don't wane proper fenders I think it looks better without them honestly.

Prime example of a BTFO shitpost. If your next post isn't of your vehicle you should just kill yourself. Sorry you suck so bad at life, pussy.

I agree completely, and if I'd have installed the lift already it'd still be fine. Can't stand the factory, or even aftermarket flares. Plus less shit to snag here in Appalachia.

Built a new roof rack for the tent the other day. No more crushed roof

What color/year is this XJ?

i cant make up my mind about roof top tents
they look cool and memey and im definitely into that but i feel like it would make my shit all top heavy and i really like sleeping in the back anyway.
convince me

>tfw roof rack and tent have arrived but can't do shit because still waiting for 4wdsupacentre to contact me about sending me the wrong fucking rack mounting brackets

I better have a god damn email today when I get home.

>top heavy

I just got one with an additional room for the ground and even then it only weighs 67kg.

>67kg.
right. which is a lot to be strapped to your roof. most lifted rigs will get tippy in off camber situations with half that weight on the top

Main reason I got mine was the lack of space in the 4runner.

Girlfriend, kid, and dog take up a lot of space. RTT moved a huge chunk of my gear to the roof. Also its the best dann sleep I've ever had camping. Unbelievably cozy and comfortable

>that gif
BLG pls

Well I just got memed on then. Guess I won't be doing any serious offroading on campmg trips.

The weight is very noticeable. I already had a ton of body roll so it wasn't difficult to adjust my driving. I haven't driven since I did my SAS yet though so this should be interesting

Also it's a bitch not being able to.move the truck after you set up camp, but you get used to that too

i totally get it
plus it looks p cool on instagram

i have a bit more space than a 4runner though so my wife and i sleeping in there is no problem. i do get sick of unloading everything all the way out juts to sleep inside though. that is my main motivation for wanting one right now.

HOW DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS KNOW ITS ME TAY IS THAT YOU ILL KILL U I SWEAR

kek. be safe pls
youll be fine im sure i just wouldnt do any serious C R A W L I N G with it

At least they are relatively easy to set up and pack up compared to a large ground tent.

also
>mfw those incredibly sick 2-second set up hardshell ones are like $4k

That or make sure I always go camping with someone to help me take it off before going offroading. No rock crawling around here just hill climbs, mudding and creek crossings.

Brother paid 1500 for a large canvas tent that pops up in seconds on a frame for him and his senpai. Waterproof, has additional awnings, can attach to the 4wd awning and sleeps 2 adults and 2 kids easily with plenty of room to spare. Not gonna lie I'm kinda jelly.

>senpai

Meant family kek, forgot thats filtered.

yeah that would really be the only way around it. i dont have a lot of crawling around here anyway if im honest with myself but i do like to get E X T R E M E from time to time

yeah the canvas ones like his are a lot cheaper and still incredibly nice desu. they dont set up in seconds though, more like 4-5 min (which i realize is still really short) but things like the maggiolina airtop are literally 3-4 seconds. just unhook a few hinges and it uses hydraulics to set itself in place and youre done.

its funny. set up times were not always a priority to me, but the longer i do this the more important they become to me. i want to pull in, have a beer in my hand and be sitting in my chair with a fire blazing in a few minutes. fucking with all that other shit really wears you down over time.

what kind of vehicle

94 suburban

>resorting to "nocar" logic
You sure seem to be the Man of the World like you claim. I'm not surprised you didn't make it as a mechanic.

It's from the US Forest Service. They paint all their vehicles that color, including this one that I saw in a used car lot the other day.

>he thinks waiting a couple hours then shitposting covers the fact that he's a loser

Never saw a 4wd van before I took a vacation out west. It's a 1000% improvement over the pedophile look conversion vans have.

I got some 16" tires super cheap and want to put them on my hardbody. Was thinking junkyard some qx4 rims off an infinity or try to find a honda or isuzu with the same 6 lug pattern, but I really like the dorito wheels I got now. Is there a cheap option for aftermarket wheels?

>he thinks others sit glued to a screen "waiting for perfect timing to strike"
Far out lol, I hope your tinfoil hat is built as strong as your tie rod ends

I really do regret that I'll not be around to see you that day when you actually do something and realize what a faggot you've been.

ITT: we aggro drunk blue XJ guy

I'm really not upset. I might be if there was room for jealousy, like if the shitposter owned even a nice civic. But I can't stand by and not call out a no car faggot that just wants to shitpost for no reason.

>im really not upset

Am I going to die if I spin my driveshafts at 5500rpm? 1200rpm over factory.

Depends. Are your U-joints going bad?

They only have like 250,000 miles on them. I think its cv at the T-case and u joint at the axle.

Doesn't answer my question. Regardless, you're only going to die if the axle-end joint of your driveshaft breaks loose, which would turn your driveshaft into a 3ft metal baseball bat being swung by your T-case at 5500rpm.

Better question is why will your driveshaft be spinning at 5500rpm? Unless you have massive rear gears (~6.00+) and tiny wheels (

Well technically with the canvas after you've done the guide ropes and shit you just drag it up and over click click click and it's done. I've used a swag for years and they're incredibly quick to set up or pack up, especially if you leave your camping blankets and pillows inside it. After a few incidents though I wanted a tent with space and something that will get me the fuck off the ground so got a RTT.

This. Wtf are you doing, user?

Realistically, you should be able to keep it at engine RPM without overreving your U-joint or anything else.

It won't puncture the metal since it'll be hitting it at a slight enough angle to only be slowed down by gravity. It also won't snap immediately like some sort of Final Destination bullshit.

Because 4.56 gears, and 34.3 inch tires, at around 120MPH.

Do you have a death wish? The 5500rpm driveshaft won't kill you (good job on the math though, my math says ~5360rpm at that speed, tire size, and gearing), but the 120MPH on 34s will when a deer jumps out in front of you.

602rpm/MI x 2Mpm x 4.56 ???
I fully expect to hit redline in 3rd which is 1:1.

Dont have to worry about deer in the desert

Right back at ya princess. I'm laughing at the fact you consider yourself being an ever experienced man of the world after getting babby's first Jeep and miss matching ill fitting wheels and tires...

>take constructive criticism personally and sling personal insults to an anonymous poster
You sure sound like the rational one. Have you got any more Yota Landloser/Gee Emma Burbatard arguments to fuel?

(5280 feet per mile *12 inches per foot) divided by (34.3 inch diameter times pi == circumference of wheel) == revolutions per mile. Times 4.56 is driveshaft rev/mile, times 2 is driveshaft rpm.

5362.488 rpm at the driveshaft @120MPH

Unless you have a slushbox, then you'll hit redline at ~100mph, and have to shift into fourth to get to 120mph.

Right, but its a bit moot because 5500rpm + TC lockup + 1:1 trans + 1:1 TC == 5500rpm at 124.whatever mph.

Regardless, is the shaft going to just blow up from the rpm alone? Should I have it precision balanced, or is the factory balance fine?

It'll be fine. Even if it does blow up it probably won't kill you.

So not only are you a retard, you're so pissed off that you forgot how to quote?

Also still waiting on just one picture of your vehicle.

here you go, friend

I quoted the exact posts I intended. Thanks for sharing your concern.
And what does any one else's vehicle have anything to do with anything?

Just purchased a 1997 Nissan hard body 4x4 king cab with standard shift. Looks like pic related with much more rust.
How'd I do Veeky Forums?

pretty fucking good.
those nissan hardbodies are amazing

price and tyres?

Has a set of nearly new wrangled ATs on it, don't remember the size but only slightly bigger than stock.
600 buckaroonies, needed a master cylinder and pads all around. Bed and fenders are trashed, but can isn't terrible. 124k miles too. Best 600 I ever spent.

Taking it to Yankee lake truck night this Friday to see how it does

Sell those Wrangled ATs for $800 and get yourself a new set of KO2s with nice, thick walls for $1500.

I plan on lifting it and making it a dedicated mud buggy soon, it's currently my DD until I get my dirtymax on the road again tho

d o
i t

Hey user. Why are you here?
You're on /ORG/ so you must own a slightly modded out vehicle which means you have money. You also are doing a very normie activity so you must have friends.

Why are you on Veeky Forums? Go live your life.

I can live my life on Veeky Forums if I want mum, fuck off.

I work in robotics and just monitor the cell while it runs.
Unless somethings fucked up I just play on my phone and collect rubles

Currently looking for another suburban. Ive narrowed it down to two. A '94 and a '98. My question is on the '94, the guy says it has a gears vendor overdrive unit amd that the tranny is a 4l80e. Surely that doesnt mean it has a 5th gear does it? I know folks have used those to add an O/D on the 3 speed turbo400s. But a 4le80?

And incase anyone want to help me narrow it down
>1994 GMC Suburban 2500
>180k miles

>1998 Chevy Suburban LT 2500
>121k miles

Both are 454s. Both arw 4x4s with floor shifter. Gas mileage is not a concern. I understand the vortecs are generally better while tbis are easier to repair. Also the 94 is also almost old enough to no longer need emmisons testing.

Check it out fags just bought it
>better off road than tacoma/jeep
>comfy af
>great power
>God tier sound with Flowmaster

$100 on it will hardly see a dirt road in it's life.