Does anyone have any protips on selling a car?

Does anyone have any protips on selling a car?

I've had it listed for 3 months, excellent condition, very fair price, great pictures, but I've had no replies other than from a few lowballers and middle aged women who don't know shit about cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6120255154.html
helena.craigslist.org/cto/6138856256.html
businessdictionary.com/definition/market-value.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try changing the formatting of the listing.

Let them know that it ran when you parked it.

I paid 20 bucks to make it a highlighted listing on autotrader

5000 views so far but nobody is calling me

Price it lower.

post ad

Rethink your definition of "very fair price"then clean it up and park it on a busy corner with a "for sale" sign in the window. There are very few suckers left on the internet.

what kind of car anyway?

OP here, this is my listing

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6120255154.html

>235,0xx Miles
>$9500

are you fucking kidding me? You consider that FAIR?!

wtf OP

>3rd owner

Stopped reading right there desu

Kelly blue book is $5900

>burns oil
>check engine light is on
>mods, probably driven hard
>interior cracked up

bargain

9500$

moar like 3k m8

But it has a performance rear end

>dented
>1 million miles
>slammed
>check engine light on
>1 million miles
>9500$
>9500$
>1 million miles
>9500$

Oh gee why wont anyone buy my car

yea and a retarded owner

"CEL is on due to having no cats and bc the secondary air pump have been bypassed."

decatting an ob2 vehicle is fucking retard mode if you dont also tune the car and get rid of the light and add more speeds

Maybe because your piece of shit is priced about 6,000 too high.

why else would you be selling it unless it was giving you problems. any self respecting E39 owner wouldnt sell theirs

OP here

stop being cunts, this car was $80,000 new and there are lot of performance upgrades, aside from burning oil and backfiring sometimes (due to the performance mod of removing the cat for hp) It runs great

you assholes have no idea what you are talking about

The next person that "lowballs" you above $6k, you take, yes?

>my 17 year old rundown piece of shit costs x amount when it was new and not fucked up, so clearly my price is fair

Stupid faggot

>I know what I got

Oh boy, this is going downhill fast.

When a brand new car rolls off the dealership parking lot it's value depreciates dramatically, bud.

you remind me of this guy

helena.craigslist.org/cto/6138856256.html

he used to be asking 6k 6 months ago

im waiting until its 800$

Not $70,000 numbnuts

Performance "upgrades" rarely add value even if they are done right which yours are not. (no, most people dont consider slammed an upgrade, or chopping off the cats)

Also a loaded 2006 dts was 60k new, you can get a clapped out one with a million miles (like your car) for 3k now. Cars depreciate, deal with it. Or dont, since you are obviously right here.

How is selling your car going again?

Somebody who wants ultimate german performance cheap will buy it

the 2000 M5 was the best performance sedan ever made

this is not some used honda civic

> we and everybody who has looked at your ad a passed on it knows what we are are talking about

Honestly YOU don't know what you are talking about. Good luck convincing the world that your car is worth more than market value. Idiot.

Use Craigslist

> 2000 M5 best ever

K

would u like to trade?

for what

and don't be a smartass

>Honestly YOU don't know what you are talking about. Good luck convincing the world that your car is worth more than market value. Idiot.

Market value does not take into account the thousands of dollars in performance upgrades and great condition of the car

You have to understand the car is far past its prime.

235k is about the end of the road. Major mechanical bits will start needing attention soon.

Just repost the ad with a lot less information.

>Performance upgrades
Return it to stock and you might be able to pull 9k from some fool that's easily parted from his money.

Alright fucker, it's 2017. SEVENFUCKINGTEEN YEARS HAVE PASSED. A new car can lose up to 25% of it's value in the FIRST FUCKING YEAR NO MATTER THE STATUS OF ENGINE. You can lose 11% just by driving it off the dealership lot. Fuck you, I wasn't these other fuckers making fun of you. Just trying to give you polite advice. Google "how quickly a car depreciates", numbnuts.

God damn this is a fucking circle. Performance upgrades don't add to the fucking value of the car. I've put easily 4 grand into my mustang in mods, bought it for 10 grand back in 2010. But if I was gonna sell it id list it at 3-4k. Why? Cause depreciation. And and mods don't add to the fucking value. Wake up man.

Not OP
Don't be so quick to fall for shitty obvious bait

>Performance "upgrades" rarely add value even if they are done right which yours are not. (no, most people dont consider slammed an upgrade, or chopping off the cats)

Faggot it took me 2 hours to cut out the cat and JB weld in a pipe

I'm getting that money back

>muh mods!

I own an sc400 with low miles, I want something more sporty but still comfortable to drive. i live in palm heach

Would probably buy for $800 if I was a BMW guy

would you like to see me my post?

>Faggot it took me 2 hours to cut out the cat and JB weld in a pipe
>I'm getting that money back
YOU SON OF A BITCH

>aside from burning oil and backfiring sometimes (due to the performance mod of removing the cat for hp) It runs great

You're a fucking moron. I'm a huge fan of the E39 M5 and this is an example I would stay away from. You fucking ruined this car. I wouldn't even pay 5k for this shit. This is literally the new "boomer" of our era.

>muh mods
>muh performance
>i know what i got

fucking kys

>Faggot it took me 2 hours to cut out the cat and JB weld in a pipe
>I'm getting that money back

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm yes it does, idiot.

businessdictionary.com/definition/market-value.html

Holy SHIT you're dumb.

> I'm getting that money back

No. No you're not.

This thread is b8.
op found the bmw in another thread on here yesterday

>No. No you're not.
Yes I am when a performance enthusiast sees the workmanship he will pay for it

>Yes I am when a performance enthusiast sees the workmanship he will pay for it
Your JB weld nigger fix?

i think not

He's gonna see some niggershit loosely hatched together by some random guy and know to avoid it.

OP post it on autotrader

>OP post it on autotrader
Autotrader has less suckers than craigslist

drive every car until it is worth more as scrap than as a car.

Oh god you're THAT guy

Here's a hint, MODS. DON'T. ADD. VALUE.

No matter what you say about your "custom Dinan parts" or whatever, it won't add shit for value. Plus, what the fuck are you smoking that makes you think that you'll get almost $10,000 for a vehicle with 235,xxx miles on the clock?

Your shit's all fucked man. Lower your price.

"""restore""" odo to 117K miles and it'll sell in a heartbeat

>"""restore""" odo to 117K miles and it'll sell in a heartbeat
THATS ILLEGAL

Op is a retard kek

I know what i have

No lowballers

Id rather let it sit and continue to rust and lose value while waiting for that one idiot thatll pay 20k for a stripped body thats half rust at this point.

Havent tried to start it in a while

I browse cheap CL cars when im bored. Alwats makes me laugh with shit like this

If it's over 10 years old in my state,
it doesn't matter to the registration office.