/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Look at the map edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Taleworlds will be at E3 2017: Big surprise.

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/m8UDSqYp

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Modded Hispania 1200
mediafire.com/file/51qiedmuthgm804/Hispania2000_modded.7z
>Dickplomacy Submod
mediafire.com/file/elu1qw1pe850oec/Diplomacy+4.3.0.8PL.7z
>Parabellum : Get it while its hot
mega.nz/#!vwNlVTaK!lwtK9-TRW7Gyycs_gvWdkO355KhiZeh2wonb9rOoFug

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

first for bannerlord eventually releasing late 2018 and being an unfinished turd

Second for no idea why people are so negative about Bannerlord all of a sudden

>1 poster is memeing
>whoa whats with all the negative sentiment

Rhodoks are white and based

I feel like there's been tons of negativity since the latest (admittedly shit) blog. Maybe it's just me.

*throat sings patriotically*

We're never getting Bannerlord

I think the answer is right there, 266 fucking days wait for the shittiest blog we've ever had that revealed nothing. People are pissed and more are starting to assume they're revealing nothing because they haven't got their shit together and the game is not progressing like we'd hope. Everybody's oddly charitable to ginge and won't just go with the real reason being his compete ineptness at his job.

BANALWORLD WHEN??

What exactly does dickplomacy submod add to dickplomacy?

I choose to believe Ginge is inept at his job, because the alternative is far more horrifying. Imagine for a moment the implications if Ginge was doing the best he could, or even a good job under the current circumstances.

the simplest explanation is that taleworlds is broke and stalling development while they fish for investment
it explains everything

>ginge decides what is released meme
ginge is a PR guy, he's not important

Shit...i hope thats not ture

ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMING

What mods add owning multiple enterprises?
I can only think of Nova Aetas and I think mercantalism.

He might not be able to release what he wants, but he definitely is the go between for the community and the developers. If he isn't allowed to tell us anything, than he should communicate and stress to the developers that the community is going feral and eating itself apart due to a lack of information and to let him release more info.

What are y'all going to do at E3 when ginge says:
>Well its too early to go into release dates...

Shoot up the place

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

no that's not what he would say, he would say
>sorry we can't discuss that right now I'm afraid

Post on /mbg/

Inform Erdogan about Taleworlds' pro-Gülen, anti-government sentiment.

He can't release anything because there is nothing to release

I wanna play a singleplayer campaign in Warband but I do not want to play native vanilla under any circumstance (I already tried it and cannot enjoy it). I have VIking Conquest, should I try that? What about Anno Domini 1257? Which mod can I decently start with?

If you can't enjoy native M&B, I doubt you'll find much enjoyment from mods either.

If you didn't even remotely like native, you won't like mods any better

No, I just don't like vanilla with the fictional faction bullshit and bland art design.

don't they get subsidies from the turkish government though?

I browsed a few mbg but haven't seen any chatter about ACOK, is it no good? Or just old?

1257 and VC/brytenwalda are mechanically complex mods, if you want historical mods then there are a number that are mechanically similar to native which should make them easy to start off with
off the top of my head there's hispania 1200, the sword and the axe, fires of war

Try historical mods, like 1257, VC, Swedish Mayo.
>no good
This

Well, damn. "No good," as in... don't care for the setting, or just poorly done overall?

I really liked vanilla and diplomacy, it would be the first mod I've really tried

it's just bad

>You will never marry Jeanne d'Arc

Why live, bros?

Shouldn't you be in that Veeky Forums thread?

why is everything so slow in brytenwalda

because things moved slowly back then

I think Ill just try VC for now

historically accurate

Shouldn't you be in the /ck2/ thread?

But that's the best part user.

Until around 1066 AD, nobody really ran. It didn't matter if you were Celtic, Roman, Persian, Spanish, Frankish, Anglo-Saxon or barbaric, your charges were mostly just shuffling your feet forward. The Normans, combining their viking heritage with French tactics, created the "run" as we know it.

But in VC (same time period from same modmakers) everyone is a fucking usain bolt with 6+ agility, why is that?

TW told the devs to not include some historically accurate things (shuffling feet, backwards trip, no doctors, etc) because those historically accurate things were not fun.

too bad TW didn't tell them that historically accurate troops aren't fucking fun either.

they probably thought the plebs wouldn't like it that way.

Note that AD 1257 has really boring and small troop trees.

You'd also be smart to install some additional armors and weapons before playing AD1257, else it gets boring too.

Which ones do you recommend?

I copied everything that was in Brytenwalda and everything from Sands of Faith, as they were easy to copy.

They're not really historically friendly to AD1257 though. There's also some seperate packsl ike Mackie's OSP, SPAK's armor and other packs on the Nexus and/or MBRepository.

Can I help Kastor and the younger Khan? Or just one at a time?

How many times do I have to remind everyone that ginge adamantly declares that he thinks they've got the right PR strategy? He made post about this on the forum, don't have a screenshot or the link atm. If he had that level of authority he'd maintain exactly what they're doing. And don't give me some shit about him needing to say that, he can stay quiet about his own beliefs on it like he stays quiet about the vast majority of the game.

>>You'd also be smart to install some additional armors and weapons before playing AD1257
1257 has a SHITLOAD of items already

I'm a fan of ASOIAF which will have many here calling me a pleb and let me tell you, ACOK is a shit, no fun mod. The creator is a complete asshole and one member of what we can the autism triumvirate.

really stimulates the ol cranial muscle

>And don't give me some shit about him needing to say that
This is a perfectly fine point. Think about it, what would you say to convince people that everything is fine and that things are moving forward without actually showing anything?

don't listen that faggot, just get modded 1257 AD form the pastebin, it has some extra items that fit the time line
the mod already has items for each culture, no need to add more unfitting garbage, that's floris mentality

>You'd also be smart to install some additional armors and weapons before playing AD1257

1257 has more armor and weapon variety than a lot of mods combined.

What specifically is bad?

I believe you, I'm just hungry for a different warband flavor

>be in tournament
>1v1
>spawn with lance
>vs great sword
>quit

How do I git gud with lance

holy shit, that's like one of the easiest scenarios you can get

Practice, like everything else. You know how to couch lances right? After that it's more about mastering horse riding skills than weapon skills.

>get the second most overpowered weapon in the game
>complain
What?

Lance is really good when you get the hang of it.

Worst 1v1 matchup is bow vs sword n shield. I can win with everything else easily.

>the second
Unless you are a bowfaggot, it's actually the first. God, I hate spawning with fucking bows, why couldn't they implement a simple minimum proficiency check?

whats the first?

i really fucking hope that you are playing some mod where you can spawn with lance on foot, otherwise you have 0 excuse.

bonus meme points if it is against kradus/dranton, which means that they survive even if you get a headshot mid-attack.

You can't move backward in battle or you'll trip and fall. He ripped this feature from Brytenwalda, but while that mod gives you the option to turn it off, this one doesn't. There are random events where you're forced to make choices that could result in permanent stat loss. You can't look up the correct choice because sometimes it's one, sometimes it's another. A look at the decompiled source code reveals that sometimes all options result in permanent stat loss, because fuck you. I can't think of much more because honestly I just didn't play it very long.

>Worst 1v1 matchup is bow vs sword n shield.
Literally baby tier. Do I share this general with actual retards? The only thing you have to do is backwalk when he goes for a hit and then finish him with the fast dagger.

what did they mean by this

>you can't hire as much Unsullied as you want, because fuck you
>Unsullied, being slaves, still demand salary
>all politics are locked in accordance to books/show, which means that every single walkthrough is the same
>everyone has huge armies meaning that you need to grind a lot more troops to actually start conquering shit
>due to locked politics and scripted events, no one cares about you and what you do. You can capture a fief and create your own kingdom with 0 RtR, everyone will declare war on you but no one will ever attack because they are not scripted to do so
>after you explore the whole map and finish all custom quests (there is like 10 of them) there is literally nothing to do there
>the entire Essos continent is locked forever in eternal peace agreement
>random events with all choices resulting in permanent loss of stats, with retarded explanations (You didn't eat the suspicious-looking berries, you are now hungry, -2 STR! Oh wait, you did eat them? They were poisoned, -3 STR!)
>nothing of this can be turned off, because he can't be bothered to make something comfortable for you
>tripping and stamina from boringblanda - again, not optional
It's good for map exploring, meeting people, looking at fine scenes and general autism, but gameplay-wise it's unplayable. Use awoiaf for that.

>awoiaf
I always try out GoT mods, but now I have actually played some time on this mod, I can't play any more. It's utter rubbish. I'm sorry, I am going back to Cozur, at least he can code.

Bows. They rape everything and are useful in every situation, unlike lances which require enough room to maneuver on a horse.

Until you have to fight in really hilly terrain or in a siege, and then your lance is just another polearm.

Is it really THAT op?

I could see maybe in a field fight, issuing orders and lancing enemies, but in close quarters where you have to ride in circles? I never got the hang of it

Against lower tier enemies you can headshot them when they go to attack, against higher tier enemies you spam dagger.

Like I said, it's more about horse riding skills than weapon skills. The lance is a brain dead weapon once you get the hang of aiming it during a charge (that's assuming you aren't using the auto-aim like a total scrub). You just have to get used to riding a horse after that and learn how to abuse turn rates.

Any point in bringing Firentis? Everyone hates him.

If you fuck up the initial charge it can be annoying if you have low ranks in horse riding, because you'll need to get enough distance between you and the guy for a charge, but that's just incentive to not fuck up the first charge.

Yeah but bows take a lot of time and skill points to be powerful where as lances are OP from the start.

he is strong... i think he's a noble... he only causes trouble with that milf and the bbc guy, which i never employ.

He's a bro.

There are two setups for maximum followers with no conflicts, it sounds like you're just hiring conflicting groups. Firentis gets a long fine with my usual setup. He's a typical muscle follower, though I like to beef up his INT and use him for extra Trainer bonuses on top of being a heavy cavalry unit that is guaranteed to never die.

Consult the noob guide for how follower relations work. Firentis has people who like him, but you probably don't ever bother taking them on as followers.

Do we get a William the Conqueror event in Bannerlord?

By milf do you mean Ymira?

no shes young.
that old bitch who keeps calling you a "lad".

Can he though? Seems like he just steals code from other mods, manages to not break it and adds paid assets and a few quests.

Firentis and Jeremus are BFF. You should get them as well as Rolf, Ymira and some other dude whose name I can't remember right now

>Having Nizar and Katrin

Shit party.

Sarranids? Much more easier than finish than fucking Rhodoks, let me tell you.

Alayen, that was the other guy. He gets along with Ymira

that would be the player's role

The objectively superior set of companions is Alayen, Firentis, Baheshtur, Jeremus, Ymira, Klethi, Deshavi, Bunduk.

Why no Jeremus? Why no Rolf?

>Why no Jeremus
you're blind

>Why no nigger bandit pretending to be a lord with shit stats

I never got the Rolf meme.

Wonder where Zendar's gonna be

Fuck that place was comfy. It had personality. Stood out from the rest, and thus worth caring about at least a little bit.

>no Borcha
Your opinion is shit.