Boomers, amirite?

Boomers, amirite?

Other urls found in this thread:

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6127568169.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are right

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but unless its some old piece of shit, modern auto's simply will not allow you to be that retarded.

>count the number of times they hit redline
Please tell me there is a group of people autistic enough to do this. Please. Apart from it being some autobahn thing, then that's worth doing I'd reckon.

I feel like everything in the first paragraph was techno babble

This is meaningless without context

>engine knocking
>keep driving it

ive hit redline about 1million times on one engine and the engine runs fine

I bounced off the rev limiter for like a minute straight in an old beater Civic and its still running with no major repairs 10 years later

ive only pinged my evo off the limiter twice (both times in 2nd) i was going so fucking fast idk wheather it was fun or scary

my car has a fuel cutoff so I can't "hit" the redline, it just stops and holds the RPM

There is literally nothing wrong with hitting the factory set Redline. Usually a fuel cut off, but the engine will stop itself before it hurts itself

This is just a boomer myth. Just like they think that cars require back pressure or that they think GTRs are faster than Corvettes

Correct, I drive auto and abuse the shit out of it, hitting redline at least 10+ times daily. Always downshifting just for the hell of it. Still works fine. I'm trading it in next year and it has 3 years of warranty left so I'm really just seeing how much I abuse it can take.

backpressure does help if done right, but is usually a small difference and most straight pipe systems give enough

Shit a C4 with only 40k miles for 8k is a fucking steal. That would easily grab 12k+ here. Just take the stupid wing off.

going downhill or downshifting at the right time would do it.

>moneyshifting an auto
bait

thats a nice story, leased automatic FRS.

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6127568169.html

Different wheels and a more fitting interior that thing would be cool. Looks like a hot wheel.

Agreed.
>spend fucktons on fibreglass body
>metal seats wide enough for Alphonse
WHAT happened here?

Might not have spent that much back in 1975. Keeping a one off car is quite a feat. The issue with one off cars is very few actually want it.

That's actually pretty cool desu

I'm not even sure if the boomer knows the difference between redline and fuel cut.

>always do a hard pull at the 3 stop signs where the speed limit is 60mph on my daily commute to and from work
>2 track days on current car with 4 stints of 20 minutes near the top of the power band
vq35de gives no fucks so long as I keep her thirst for oil quenched

i get as close to redline as the automagic allows in my shit box 90s vee ate with 300k miles on it.

and its still running with no weird drive train ticks or noises. hell it stops the light oil burning if i redline it a few times before driving since the rings are fucked

Backpressure does nothing. It's a misconception because when people lose power by installing a bigger exhaust. It usually occurs because when they install a new exhaust, the primary length changes and that messes with exhaust wave pulses and scavenging.

Fucking boomers.

>Engine spills his guts when hitting the limiter.
Pffffffff.

>tfw bike and dorito
>live life in the 12000s

That's because hitting the rev limiter does no damage, its literally the computer cutting fuel to prevent the engine spinning faster than it was meant to, ie; valve float

I couldn't count the amount of times my first car bounced off the limiter and it's still going as good as the day I got it ten years later.

Oh hey I saw that too

DETROIT STEEL STRONG! USA USA USA USA!

The redline is the threshold of damage for the engine. Sure, you will induce more wear than if you were shifting like a granny, but what's the fun in that?

>being this autistic

>read this thread last night
>go for a litttle drive
>"hitting red line is perfectly safe"
>hits redline
>engine suddenly looses pressure
>smoke under hood
>sweet smell
>blow head gasket
>have work in morning, on last warning
>my life is ruined

Thanks Veeky Forums

>vq35de

you're probably a douchebag, so that takes away from anything good you've ever done in your life (if ever)

Bread and timestamp w car NOW

I don't believe you

Idk how much wear im saving my engines but when driving hard I shift just before redline with the exception of my bike I shift 2k before even when racing as the peak power is much lower than redline.

more or less, without a change in exhaust valve timing(see, proper camshaft for your build) the exahust pulses will "run into each other" coming out of the manifold and fuck up your scavenging.

Some stock manifolds are really good for aftermarket cams and adjusted valve timing/lift
(old GM small block ram's horns manifolds come to mind) so you can have an aggressive build on a stock manifold just fine.

Exhaust is a mythical beast to boomers, one that can only be slain by equal lenght headers.
Newer motors are less forgiving especially VVT since the exhaust is designed SPECIFICALLY for the stock timing so aftermarket for your specific setup is generally recommended.

This is worse than the boomers that baby their cars.