EVE Online general /eog/

Nighthawk and Vulture Edition.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best).
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=4eca5d19-7c52-44fd-9de6-ff7b1398159c&action=buddy

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>New Suns
>PLEX and AUR change:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/
>April Fools G-goy!
>forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6894505

>Upwell Refineries:
>community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries

>[April]
>CONCORD Ships

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes.
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

games.chruker.dk/eve_online/npc_ships.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not ferox edition

Ferox.jpg

>it's the self shill jew with his ref link scams again

Red pill me on the stratios.

Is wormhole hunting a meme? Should i just be ganking VNIs?

>Is wormhole hunting a meme
Yes
>Should I just be ganking VNIs
VNIs, barges, explo ships. Anything you can get the drop on.

wormhole pvp is a meme

All pvp is a meme except blob.

>being this buttmad over nothing
I have given every cent of the PLEX to every single referral, you can ask around.

Note to self: When surfing the faction sites for pvp, warp to 10. If you warp to 0 and need to run, you'll smack into the gate and fumble-fuck around and die.

>haven't played eve in like 5 years
wait, it went f2p? interesting
i assume there's severe limitations on what skills you can learn right

>owning a stratios
>not knowing how/when to fly it

>ganking ratters is easier/safer than camping relic sites

What the fuck is wrong woth /dog/ at the moment?
Why are there so many salty PH rejects offering fullblown retarded advice to other newbros?

wormholes are not real

Because everybody wants to be le ebin stunt lookalikes and don't know shit about how the game works. Delve is full of retards in Stratioses and it's either a shitfit or stunt fit. Nothing fucking else.

This is me, and I was already upset enough that someone was retarded enough to post this in the last thread.
Stratios is a fairly shit hunter compared to Tengus or Orthus, but it is cheaper. You will need to be refitting if you are planning on scanning down targets, as otherwisw you won't have the dps to pop VNIs before a standing fleet arrives.

Best best if you are desperate to hunt in null is to sit in bubbles and blow up PI haulers with a cloaky bomber, or invest in getting gud and dropping a fair amount of isk and sp into a decent T3C or pirate fit.

The stratios is best imo at camping areas where it is unlikely there is a formup fleet, as you need time to drone people to death.
A possible spot is wh camping, lulsec camping, or maybe npc null.

Alternatively, kill MTUs in highsec and bait newbears into attacking your SOE ship, and then proceed to murder them.

>standing fleet arrives
nice joke

why be a bully? i need that PI to buy hurricanes, my corp hasn't paid out SRP for over a month now

>dude, how do I learn the game?
>by playing it and losing ships
Not the stratios guy but what else do you suggest?

>literally copypaste a fit down to the last drone
>I'm gut lol

Please link a killboard of someone who is more isk positive ganking VNIs in a major alliance pocket than any random shitter I can find in FW.
The only one I can think of is Rock, but he was/is one of the better pilots in the game, and knew the system and fleets etc very well by the end.

Gotta pad that killboard bud, learn to not haul with neuts in system.

Why not learn to play the basic game before attempting advanced playstyles like hunting?
It would avoid looking retarded by doing something like owning a stratios but having no idea how to fit or fly it.

>le isk positive

I finally got my Thorax fitting for missions and I've completed most of the tutorial, but there's something that's really starting to piss me off. I keep missing my shots on certain targets. I've used like 500 ammo trying to kill this piece of shit, and finally had to warp back to base.

How the fuck am I missing this? It's basically point blank.

>It's basically point blank.
Turrets have a tracking speed. Get too close and the enemy can move faster than your turrets can track. Because of this, optimal range doesn't mean "this range or closer" for turrets it means "exactly this range."

Basically, get a little bit further out.

you're using low tracking long range guns at point blank range, try keeping small shit at 20km or so

Speed. Use a web or target painter.

Your guns have to turn to keep up with the target they are firing at, but the speed at which they can turn is limited. If a small target is close to you your guns have to turn a lot which makes them miss.

Get further away, and use drones.

Are we sure those RLML nerf patch notes was an april first joke? and not the other more obvious one relating to gifts for people at the eve fanfest who purchased the tickets early?

>make deal with pirates to deliver a bunch of shit they need at a certain time
>fucked up the calculations and it's going to take me twice as long to make as I thought
Whelp.

Look in the OP pastebin for how tracking works image.
You will need to web it down, use drones, outrun it to apply damage from far so his traversal is low, land far in the mission to snipe it or get short range guns.
Any of these should help you kill PvE frigates with ease.
When it comes to PvP frigs it will be similar but harder, and some might even be able to hold you down forever if your fit is not good.

Ok, the problem was that I indeed thought it was "this range or closer". So just get further. I'll use drones then.

is exploration actually worth it ? i got 7mil so far in one system, feels good since i had nothing but idk how good that actually is
how many isk/hour do you guys make ?

There were 2 posts on April 1.
One was the missile one posted in the OP and the other was the CONCORD blops ship stats and fittings.

The stats were confirmed April's fools instantly.
But the ships are 100% real.
The missile post is almost proven real, but you never know with this faggots.

>5% to ham and hml damage
Classic ccp

Always snipe small ships first thing you do when landing on a mission, unless the are the trigger.

You will apply the best damage during this period when they burn towards you, and they are almost always the ships with tackle, so if things get bad, you can always just leave if they are dead.

My character is 12 days old (omega from the start) and did two days of high sec exploration for about 6-7 hours total. Went from 18mil to 240mil isk. 95% of the time the loot was utter trash, maybe a couple million from one site if I was lucky. But then a few sites netted tens of millions. Its a numbers game, just keep doing it and hope for rng to swing your way. I just logged back on today and was about to head out exploring again. I enjoy exploration, its almost cathartic. I have yet to go where the real isk apparently is however, I've only explored high sec.

>The missile post is almost proven real, but you never know with this faggots.
>almost proven real

>The stats were confirmed April's fools instantly.
Can you link a source for that?

>ham

no

yeah it's kind of relaxing t b h

no GM has mentioned it being a joke even after April's fools ended
if it is a joke, they are taking it too far

Im back Faggots, fanfest in 2 days.

Expectations for the new EVE trailer?

Is it possible to make a route and follow it in circle?

I know how to set destination or add waypoints but I want a route to follow.

>tfw we can't have route presets saved

>Go exploring
>No fun
>Don't make much isk

>Go hunting explorers in a stealth bomber
>Loads of fun
>Make more isk than actually exploring

how? a rocket fit or something?

Nah, torps. Even with the shit application it doesn't take more than 3 or 4 volleys to kill them. If they try to burn out of warp disrupter range I just turn mine on and burn after them while they take enhanced damage from the sig boom.

>this is eve not below I was there

>this is REALLY eve not listed

Man I've only got 4 days left on my cov ops V, I'm very tempted to go out and try this

>inb4 all the hostile dreads moonwalked out
>inb4 people were dropping their ratting caps into pvp fight
>inb4 no sirens

I only have Cov Ops IV and Torpedos III (training IV atm) so with Cov Ops V I'm sure you'll be golden.

choice. Good hunting mate

If I scan down cosmic signatures, leave system, do a few jump and come back a bit later will they still be scanned down?

>explorer hunting meme

Enjoy your no kills

In pve which would be preferred for missiles, a target painter or a missile guidance computer with precision script?

it depends

dl pyfa and look up NPC stats on games.chruker.dk/eve_online/npc_ships.php

I don't know, but consider the extra button presses with the tp

You want to use one of each.

guidance is less clicking
painter is better if you have at least III signature focusing.
painter is shit after optimal
guidance can also give range if you need it

I'd say always guidance unless you're shooting torpedos or cruise, unless you have a ship bonused for painters

It resets to 0 as soon as you leave the system or dock up. Make a bookmark.

Yeah, and you can only fly a bunch of ships and only from your own faction. But it's still neat. Also you can still log in without PLEXing.

>Amarr

>fleet forming
>there's a noctis in fleet

>Horde forms a strat OP fleet
>fleet is sitting on a titan waiting for bridge
>someone undocks industrial
>"I'm bringing more frigates in it!"
>gets kicked from the fleet
>goes dozens jumps through gates to get to us, then 10 more jumps to destination
>Goons don't form seeing 1000 people in local and we end up bashing fortizar

should've just called him primary just for laughs.

>structure bash

>tfw you could have bought a super

Is there a way to import a route from dotlan to game?

>Fleet forming
>There's only 12 of us joining it from our alliance
>We need to log off and pretend to be afk otherwise enemy would stand down
>When we log in and jump titan enemy gets upset and bails because 12 of us went to help allies

>gudfites

>And yet no blob babbies see any problem with jump drives or bridges

What kind of fleet is this where 12 guys are actually scary?

He's probably in ncpl and dropped a super blob on a cruiser gang

Can a hecate bring down a solo orca?

target painter helps your target faster.

or 12 guardians when the other guys had 4 logis

What's a good laid back null corp for a newish player who doesn't log in much and isn't very good at the game

Doubt it. Orcas can actually put out some serious dps.

>orca
>competent pilots

It'll just f1 you with drones like any broken ship

Yeah. You're probably right. I have one that keeps solo jet canning in a hisec system. I wanna steal his cans and get him if he agresses me. Hecate is the highest dps I can put out now. I wanna get rid of this mf'r

Horde

>fitted slasher deposited into your account :)

You could use a ship scanner and check out his fit

What is the most cancer thing in the game and why is it covert cyno?

>

t. afk ratter

Make faction guns/launchers able to use T2 ammo

Congrats. You've killed the T2 weapon market.

>covert cyno
>""cancer""
>the only actual risk to nullsec pve, which is supposed to be the "riskiest" space after w-space in the game
you can even see the hunter in local

Go back to highsec where you belong

Then explain to me why faction/deadspace reps exist yet people still buy T2.

muh isk

because DED/faction stuff is way better. T2 is just standard

>T2 weapon market.

Because T2 reps are actually a direct upgrade from meta 4 while still being cheaper than faction/DED. Compare the stats on a T2 gun versus a meta 4 gun and you're looking at very minor upgrades (usually just in heat dissipation and a bit of optimal) in exchange for JUSTing your fittings. The only reason to ever fit T2 guns right now is the specialty ammo. Remove that and we've got nothing.

Kinda my point. Shit's fucked as is. Remove the one reason to use T2 guns and it's gone.

>t2 ammo
>ignoring spec skills

>implying the vast majority of PvPers would jeopardize their KB with faction weapons, even if they could use t2 ammo
It would be mostly PvEfags that switch to faction weapons if they got t2 ammo, and the elite PvPers who have ISK and don't care about 'muh KB'.

You think any SRP groups would payout a faction+ weapon fit on a regular basis? Because I doubt it. Not with all the flavors of ice cream in the world attached.

Can I stack afterburner with microwarpdrive and go fast?