/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Life Imitates Art Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Hatching-tide Easter Event Info
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Hatching_tide/

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.56 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/26738a49887f2b9f9e6b0aa67ae5f7d1a09dd1f2

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/9vy76RKn

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/update_log/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Any new news on new expac?

Anyone know if I can do potd with a cross server party?

Xth for Purity is answer.

Nope, you're stuck with people on your server.

no faggot

This is gonna be a doozy, but I have to vent to someone.

>Friend is going on a month long vacation to a wedding
>"WAHH WAHH I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY VIDYA I'LL BE SO BORED EVEN THOUGH I'M LITERALLY GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY ;_;"
>Says if he doesn't go his mom and grandma will kick him out but they're literally not going to kick him out he's just not asserting himself
>Literally has fucking meltdowns over this shit like what the fuck dude it's just a month
>"BUT WAHHHHH I NEED GAMES WAHH ;_; I DON'T WANT TO GO TO NEW PLACES WAHH"
>Became addicted to FFXIV recently
>With like a week left to the vacation his sub runs out and he has his trademark daily fucking meltdowns over it
>He's poor and has no job even though he spent like $50 on name changes and fantasias alone
>Everyone he asks to buy him sub time tells him no he won't even be able to play for it all, including me
>He suddenly thinks everybody hates him and how he has no friends wahh wahh
>Keep telling him that it's just a week, and to not buy a month for no reason
>...He literally scrapes up enough and uses it to buy a month. For a week.

>Fast forward a week, he's in Spain
>Goes on his mom's laptop and tries to play ffxiv, gets like 10fps and can't play
>"WAHHH WAHHH I FEEL BAD I SPENT MONEY ON THE SUB WAHH ;_; COMFORT ME HELP ME FEEL BETTER WAHHH"
>Want to tell him to shut the fuck up seriously and deal with it, I told him a million times not to. I'm too nice for that, though
>Begs me to log into his account and do his daily shit every day among all his classes and beast tribes and turn ins, all for an entire month
>Tell him what the fuck no I don't want to do that shit, he should deal with it

>He sends me this

Am I in the wrong here? Am I truly being "the bad guy"?

jesus christ pvp in this game is terrible, at least the gear you get from it looks decent looking

why did nobody tell me that the fem au ra /dance was so fucking cute

thats the only reason i do pvp

god beepy is an asshole

No, thats a lot to ask of someone.

He needs to go explore Spain and enjoy life, man.

No your friend is a shitty person who can't prioritize or get their shit together. Cut them off like a cancerous tumor.

does beepy raid?

If thats not a RL friend you really need to drop them entirely.

kittyboys

ugly af meower

Really cute catboy

subscribed

ur ugly

same

So much of the music in this game is awesome.
I especially love Sophia and Powerman 5000.

Zervahn was a bit of a let down music wise.

pet lalas

where are the perfectly pliable midlanders prepped for pumping?

/petpetpetpetpetpet

Meow

Here's hoping Madoturd is banned. His post disappeared.

Now, I don't want judge or label someone.
But that's a fucking junkie, that's some Worst Korea tier addiction.
The answer to your question is No and No. Your "Friend" needs his fix, and he blames you for no getting it.

shut the fuck up chemo no one likes you

Think you might need to tell them to bugger off unless they're like a RL friend you've known for years. Even then, seems like a jerk or an immature young'un

Men of various ages of the cat variety

reminder to never ever talk to neets

bad fodder

would not pump, smells like daipers

>hit 50 on BRD
>am rewarded with constrictive chestwear

This is about all I ever wanted.

No. Your friend has clearly made this game his life and should be enjoying his fucking vacation instead of making retarded decisions and trying to impose on you.

Nice ban evasion, not a single thread will be left alone. The Duo is on the prowl!

lol

Report the evading chemo

Let's discuss neko sentai, Japanese hentai, loneliness, ironic self loathing and headpats :-)

>Sea Wolf fanfiction soon
>'Til Sea SHAKES THE FUCKING EARTH

Please stay on topic. Thank you.

See, I keep reporting weird "let this be a lesson" tier posts and I always want to say something, but I'm worried the thread will be deleted in this instance since I made the OP.

I've known him for a little bit over three years, I don't want to throw away an entire frienship just like that. Then I'll just feel like I wasted three years of my life...

He's acted like this before but he's still a nice guy when he isn't having his meltdowns. I'm one of his few friends, most other people left him so then I'd feel horrible, because there's always a little bit of good in everyone...

Why say anything? Just do what you can do and talk about other stuff

Sorry, was someone talking about doing Library 59 in the last thread?? I missed it.

I just hit 59 a minute ago. Was it on Aether??

do you have acne irl

He's manipulated you into feeling about about him. You haven't wasted 3 years of your life if you cut his toxic ass out. You need to intervene on his behavior if you want to maintain the friendship.

That's fair. What do you think of the Lodestone update? It looks kind of weird and I don't like the typography, but it seems a lot cleaner than it used to be.

sad how the only time you look good is when you're ripping premade NPC models

I tried.

Chemo uses a VPN to constantly ban-evade so reports do next to nothing. Best thing to do is just use 4ChanX and filter their usual bullshit.

/hug

ugly roastie

hey guys... c-can you take a look at my catgirl and tell me if she's any good?

JUST KIDDING BITCH ARMORPOST TIME

It's odd. It reminds me of windows 10 styles mixed with android style with the colors and whatnot. Its ok though since its functional but still, why fix what is not broken?
One can ask google this with their huge changes to their various shit.

You don't have to cut him out of your life or whatever but just tell him no, and don't worry about it, it's not hard.

one question:

why?

Big fishing has got to be the most frustrating thing. The double mooch inside of a small window is retarded. I've been trying for days to get Pirate's Bane and titanic sawfish and all I get are fuckin HQ SILVER SHARKS FUCK YOUUU.

I am in pentamelded ironworks gear and yet my chance on a level 3 fish to HQ mooch is so low. What the fuck is even the point of gear as a FSH?

S E A W O L V E S
But Hellsguards, too

Can someone explain to me when you would use the SCH skill Emergency Tactics?

As far as I can tell, you can never take damage through a barrier, so in what situation would it be beneficial to have the galvanize barrier be turned into HP instead?

>hellsguard
>literal poopnoses
>still in the game

Wipe off your dorito encrusted fingers and go play some video games.

that is not a very healthy piece of dung at all
keep it up maybe meria will give you 10 seconds of her day white knight

Heavy amounts of damage at once or pulsating heavy damage. A good example would be Akh Morn in Nidhogg EX or holy in a12s.

mods are gay

Why is it more beneficial to have the hp instead of the barrier there, though?

Tank has 2500/3500 HP, I use adlo on him, he has 3000/3500 hp and 500 hp galvanise, the boss hits him heavily for 2500, he now has 1000/3500 hp.

If I replace the 500 hp barrier with hp, the same fucking thing happens

So why would I use emergency tactics?

you use it when your healing partner fucks up, hence the emergency

holy shet now that's a good use of halone

Why is it better to have 3500 hp over 3000 hp and a 500 hp galvanise shield in an emergency though? I dont get it.

Like yeah, permanence I guess, but it doesnt wear off for 30 seconds, I can heal them more by then, so the permanence wont matter.

Because emergency tactics is aoe as well. You generally don't use it single target, it's for heavy pulsating aoe damage. You use it with succor to recover heavy damage that the whm or astro can't keep up with. Another example is Cintamani in Sophia ex.
>big dick aoe coming out
>pre shield with succor or deploy if everyone is close enough to benefit
>aoe hits
>if multiple hits like cintamani, precast a next shield but prepare emergency tactics immediately after as it's heavy damage even with a shield

I don't understand why this is a hard concept to grasp. This is obviously assuming indomitability is on cooldown.

I see where you're getting that. Even changing it back to the dark background doesn't help very much. I tried checking the forums since I figured there might be something there, but I've never used them and the search interface is garbage. Oh well.

Emergency tactics heals for the amount of the shield, if the shield would have been 500 then it's 500 from the heal then 500 from the shield = 1000 total hp restored so it'd be 4000 hp vs. 3000 with 500 shield

>tfw want to finish anima while playing as little as possible
>haven't caught a A1S bonus window since the step came out

Nevermind I'm just a lazy idiot. It's for mobile garbage.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/update_log/

So I'm dying for a good MMO to play, pretty sure at this point the only ones that are gonna be able to scratch my itch are FFXIV and WoW. Is it worth it to resub to FFXIV right now or should I just wait until shortly before SB drops?

just grind a1s an hour each time you get on. since each run takes like 3 minutes max you'll get like 240 light if the bonus isn't up. that's a rune each time

Now might be good if you take it at a slow pace to make it last 2+ months.

Now is a great time to start out since we're in a content lull for about two months and you'll have time to enjoy the story and really learn the game before the mad rush to gobble up Stormblood content sweeps you away.

Some day I will be as dressed for combat as you.

Depends, if you are coming in fresh it's probably the best time to do stuff and get all caught up. Otherwise if you only recently took a break not a lot to return for.

Really depends on how much catching up you need to do and any other goals you might have.

The population is probably going to bleed off as people fill time with other stuff over the next couple months though.

>implying stormblood will have a content sweep
I'm guessing the most we getting is at least 50 MSQ from 60-70

Please do not disparage the puppy nose.
The game is in ultra catch-up mode now with the cap for the end-game currency doubled so you'll have plenty of time to do everything and reach end-game and still have time to get near max item level before the expansion drops.

I'm a dragon on a stone.
:3

Catboys are DUMB

ugly tranny

>tfw feeling smug but no ones posting
Fucking normies. I thought so.

no YOU

>implying you could possibly be as smug as me

pucci

Alright I guess I might resub then, gotta get some new classes to max level.

What server anime girl?

I play on Balmung

Cute! I will have to track you down and help you level and make some gear possibly.