/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>smoothed out edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>rattlin' :DDD
youtube.com/watch?v=TRm-ZWl6J0U

>CM5 wash
youtube.com/watch?v=8vPc_N-jYHk&feature=youtu.be

>Million mile Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=_UabC1gSj_8

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=qXRthFuAjlw

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/171078338715
ebay.com/itm/272334289833
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

For user who wonder why I have dashcam
Is reason here

You have so many retarded drivers in your area. Also, Chicago drivers are better than Washington DC drivers.

>just temperature tested my new cat
>still hotter going in than coming out
WATAFAK

>Not coming in hotter than going out

JUST

Anyone here changed a clutch kit on a crx? Mine whines when I depress it so I think the bearing is shot. Never changed one before.

Ahhhhhh, I need a 3rd Gen Prelude.

Best car to learn on bro. Raise it up, take off both axles, take out the starter and all the bolts that hold it, slide the transmission back. I might have missed something but thats most of it.

:(

Redpill me on the CRX hundas.

what do you want to know

Everything.

if you ask specific questions ill tell you what you want to know

Forgive my ignorance.
1. Would it function well as a daily Driver?
2. My uncle used to have one and said the lights were notorious for getting jammed. Is he right?
3. Are replaxement pieces still common?

1. It's a death trap but gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive.
2. I don't know what "lights getting jammed" means. If you mean the seatbelt light on some of the 2nd gens, its a seatbelt issue, and not a light issue. Otherwise please explain
3. You can get replacement pieces for almost anything and they are generally inexpensive. Trim pieces are harder to find for 2nd gens. If you want a 1G and need replacement parts you'll need a bucket of money.

Death trap? Why do you say that?

The light issue I was referring to the fog lights.

I'm new.

the crx gets insane gas mileage because it is so light. it is light because it has pretty much no safety features at all. It doesn't even have fucking airbags.

It's a 2000lb tin can with no airbags. Still a wonderful car to drive and learn on, though. If you want one but can't find it, try Civics from 1987 to 2000.

Fog lights were a dealer option. Ive never heard of them getting stuck

>Why death trap?
My '85 HF has a kerb weight of 1713 lbs according to wikipedia

My '89 DX has a kerb weight of 2048 lbs

Two of the top selling cars in the USA:

Toyota camry: kerb weight of 3245-3480 lbs

Ford F150: kerb weight of 4051-5238 lbs

The camry is up to twice as heavy and the F150 as as much as 3x heavier. I could run the numbers for you and do a collision simulation but basically you'll die.

Worth it. The chances of getting in a car wreck are pretty low anyway.

R-right?

wew

>buddy has owned at least 10 Hondas and no crashes yet
>street races regularly

I think my odds are good but if it happens, it happens.

airbags are for nerds

And ABS is for faggots

>Two f bodies
Good taste.

Yeah I like F bodies and I'm not even a fan of US cars. Only cars left in that pic are the white coupe up top and the black truck. That thing is pretty mean but it's been sitting forever and needs work.

>That red hatch up top

Black hood is happening. Not changing my mind. Kek

I like fbody and fox bodys cause they don't really look like a proper muscle cars. Interiors are shit but the curvy body is lit. Make me think though, larger cars these days don't change much in looks. Hell the accord coupe has had little changes in looks compared to smaller cars like the civic, I wonder why.

Is this loss

I think i might bite the bullet and buy a decent air brush for my birthday or sooner. Should i fix clear coat or the spots with no paint.

Need or want?

Both. If you had to only chose one, spots with no paint since those are more prone to rust

They're mostly riced out or rusted by now.

>auto

thanks!

>IS300 ricer friend offering to metal flake paint my valve cover and that he has a lot of extra red flake. Black with red flake maybe? Mite b cool.

Hondabond I order got here from California in two days. Still waiting on the gasket set.

50/50 tail lights acquired. Looking good.

It keeps my wits sharp.

That would be an uncommon combo but cool.

His taste is patrician tier

Did you ever send me a link to that lip other than "ebay"? I really want one.

Do believe it's this. A two piece thing.

ebay.com/itm/171078338715

>ebay.com/itm/171078338715
wrong word i meant the trunk spoiler

Looks like this.

ebay.com/itm/272334289833

thanks dude. might buy just to have

No problem. Would get if I didn't have a hatch. Ducktail a best.

>tfw no ducktail

You got pop ups so that's cool too.

Thanks Facebook for reminding me of what happened two years ago today. What a dick.

>Today, I will remind them

But probably youtube some of it. Axle nuts and getting the axle out of there are probably gonna be your biggest issues. If you never took it apart before your gonna really struggle with getting the control arms apart since you need to hammer them on the side to get them to separate, even with the nut off they dont pull out.

oh also dont use the ball joint puller from like auto zone, just hammer it hard and right. The puller will likely just mess up your ball joints.

Eternal snow

>bro takes my car to with for an alignment
>sends me a message saying whoo and pic related
Wew

>chin ups

Late night bump.

yay got some more done.

>Mom and I want to save and buy an old civic for my sister as college car
>She wants a used fit from the dealer because "the vin number starts with a J"
Fugg.

Tell her beggars can't be choosers, then curbstomp her.

Nah she's fine with getting whats available, I just find it funny that she's about that Japanese shitbox life when you can get an ass kicking american civic for less.

I forgot to check in real nihga hours :/

Your headers bother me since everything else looks clean

Can't go wrong with the fit. It'll be manual right?

>It'll be manual right?
Kek, of course she prefers an auto, but she'd be open to learn manual on a civic because no one could steal it.

>tfw just saw this on my friend's snap
>captcha select vehicles
>it's an accord

>Whole unibody resting on a fucking block bending
>Front rotor on ground
RIP

Bad pic but the waterpump is leaking dont think this is what set off my cel though because by my idle is really bad. Gonna replace the timing belt/waterpump and then take it to a mechanic to check the idle out

I'm getting it coated.

>Get bored
>go on autocheck and see what Vanity plates there are
>some madman in CA has the license plate MASAKA

>CA plate TAKUMI
I love this.

Timing belt should hopefully do the job

This is why I can't get TOO nice with my car.

Kek

It's amazing how much bare steelies can shit up the look of a car.

any hrv owners out there? I need to get a photo of mine to put on the collage

It's amazing how much a shit car can shit up the look of it

>your shitbox is shit

thanks breh i didnt notice before

well i bought the bumper brackets i needed on ebay and then the son of a bitch cancelled the order because he didnt get a high enough bid.

Now i have 20 bucks floating in space....

I wish men were men

What a dick. If he wanted a certain amount he should have just had a price set on it.

>did day shift today
>oh man this is gonna suck
>stayed there roughly 9 hours straight
>100.6 miles driven and $102 in my pocket

Wew did not expect that. Now I won't be too broke after rent tomorrow.

This is my honda crx del sol vxi 1992 originally from japan, I put a loaf of bread on the bonnet to prove its mine. It's my first car and I'm in love with it pretty much

NEW WHEELS WHEN

Doesn't look like it. Is it manual? I think it's the soul successor to the second gen CRV desu.

Too many pussy ass niggas nowadays

Let me know if you want a different photo to use for the collage entry famnon, I'll use this otherwise.

This is the best photo I have of it at the moment so this'll have to do

>License plate zip tied
>Still looks better than that wack ass Honda mounting bracket.

JUST

Will use this one fám

I was wondering what you've been up to. Haven't seen you on youtube in like a month.

Hows the job? How are you liking the land of FIBs?

What is this stupid cunt doing? Light is red, pedestrians are already crossing and this idiot cruise into the intersection.

>What is this stupid cunt doing?
They're driving a crossover the way it's meant to be driven.

I've got about 5k-6k, should I buy an EP3 or RSX?

I'd go for an RSX type-s if you can find one, the K20A3 in the EP3 is just a regular RSX motor stuffed in a hatch. K20Z1 is what you really want.

RSX

Is there a big difference insurance wise?

Going to try and fit a 2GR intake and air filter to replace the st jacobs twist and flaccid penis resonator my current intake has. Eat shit, K&N

Noice man, how much did broker and freight run you? I'm looking at bringing in an Acty Van and it's looking at around $1700 besides the van cost

did he died?

What's FIBs? Work has been pretty busy, but very rewarding. Haven't had much of online presence recently because of it and also I haven't made any progress on the engine.

Right now I have enough cash to have a machine shop throw the rotating assembly together for me. That's really the only part setting me back. Throwing the head on, swapping over the timing components and everything would take me one day. Then I need another full day to put the new one in, plus probably one day for any set backs I run into. So without a garage here, I need 3 days total back in MN to get this thing done, which might not happen for a while. What I'm thinking about doing is just buying another car and keeping the Si in MN and work on it in bits and pieces over a month or two. That way I can take my time and not fuck shit up, lol.

Other than that, just working on myself mainly - committing to being less /fat/, dating girls, saving money for whatever, playing lots of basketball, shit like that. We still gotta go for that night cruise man, what's your number again? I forgot to save it. I think there's a few other illinois nihgas maybe we could all go for a few rips sometime. Hanging out with a girl tonight, but afterwards I'm free

Canada fag here and with an NSX question.

I'm looking at a 204k mile 1992 NSX to buy used.

Good idea?

It should be.

It's nice to have my CM5, which is in a much better shape than that CB7 ever was, but I wouldn't be tied down to a 4-year loan if I decided to get another $1k car, but I also wouldn't have gotten the $1,000 value if I hadn't traded the car in, which was hardly worth $200.

The newspaper delivery job I had killed that car.

are you that guy with the webm of you tossing a paper 20 feet onto the doorstwp