I did it Veeky Forums. I fell for the meme and bought a '91 NA miata. it's got 83k on it and I love it so goddamn much...

I did it Veeky Forums. I fell for the meme and bought a '91 NA miata. it's got 83k on it and I love it so goddamn much. I bought it from this weird but cool movie dude and how i got it is a story all on its own which i will tell if you like. but for now. thoughts?

It's alright. Now, story time.

Looks pretty darn clean, just pull those headlight covers up.

I know for a fact that OP paid more than 5k for that bucket

i paid 900 when i was supposed to pay 1500. guy was super nice but a little out there. He was a technical millionaire who kept saying it wasn't about money. it was about someone who would appreciate the car.
here ya go

The guy was the most accommodating person I've ever met on craigslist and i'm surprised i didn't get murdered.
> He put us up on private property in a 3 bedroom apartment.
> he introduced us to his family and we toured his wife's shrimp factory
> we went on his houseboat which was full of movie props from stuff he worked on
> He showed me a picture of him with Oprah
> His asian wife kept yelling at him for smoking in really broken english
the guy was really nice. He was only selling the car because he has Leukemia and wants to get rid of his estate so his wife doesn't have to do it later.
Also he lives next to a technically secret military base, and let us sleep in apartments he owned. We thought we were gonna get murdered but all we got was free breakfast, and coffee made from scratch.

>83k
>$900

Damn, sounds like a really great guy, life just isn't fair.

Sounds like the deal we've all been waiting for.

So what are you gonna do now?

Dude I honestly don't know. It's why i'm on Veeky Forums. It's so OEM i don't want to mod it at all. Like initially I was gonna drop it a little, nothing ricey, turbo the 1.6 for that sweet turbo whistle, and maybe get pretty wheels but it's already so beautiful i don't know how to feel about the things I was gonna do to it.
No it isn't. the saddest part was as he was smoking he said "Le (his wife) is about to make 20 million a year off her company and I won't live to see any of it."
What is this reaction image trying to convey? Are you sad, broke, or horny?

Damn congrats on the find. Honestly keep it OEM just in memory of this dude.

the guy was pretty accepting of what i wanted to do with the car. He actually wanted to mod it but never got around to it. "I wanted to paint it black and put a supercharged 1.8 in it but I had other things to do and it's pretty fine on its own

its how i feel every time i see that someone got a sick deal and i didnt
good find, enjoy

OP, don't feel bad about modifying it a little. It's a Miata. It's a driver's car. You're not gonna slam it, rat rod it, etc. Just make it better.

You bought Art Bell's miata?

Lieutenant Dan sold you a Miata?

Reminds me a little of the guy I got my car from.
>gave me his address
>talked Volvo lore (was buying a Volvo from him)
>talked about his Porsche Cayman and 1950-something Chevy something after we made the deal
>texted me later that day asking if I got the car home alright
>told me to just call him if I had any trouble with it

Sometimes there's genuine people on craigslist. Feels good, man.

I mean we also had a blowout on the way there in my brother in law's raised little man syndrome truck so we had to pay to fix that. the guy is even letting me pay him the other 400 this monday. in reality I've only paid 500 so far. But the guy trusts me and i'm not gonna dick him over.
> pic related
I want to stickerbomb the dash. It's something my friend Paige and I bond over and I think it'd be nice. Thoughts?

I wouldn't do it, it's kinda a fuckboy, boyracer type thing to do.

leave it stock and get a NB to fuck up with modZzzz

dude got nice taste tho. Not as autistic as /a/, but quite nice.

pls no

the only things that it's acceptable to stickerbomb are those nalgene water bottles

>I want to stickerbomb the dash

You just lost any and all respect you had.

kek

How safe are Miatas? I want to get one as a daily but I don't want to die if some idiot crashes into me.

Do you really want to know? Really? It's a small light convertible made in the 90s. If you're really interested, Google "crashed miata" and check out pics

wow it's almost as if people have differing taste. Go ride the bus somewhere else.
They're the pinnacle of unsafe. Have less regard for your well being and have some fun, bucko.

Not a single person mentions the fact that he is towing his car on a dolly.
>RWD
>DOLLY

Fuck this forum. Fuck all you back seat racers

>we toured his wife's shrimp factory
You got a miata and ran a train on his wife???

I'm sure it's in neutral

refer to goddamn bus riders man.

You need to adjust the headlight covers.
Pop the hood, then push upwards on the headlight covers and it'll look better. You got too big of a gap.

Good find, hope you know what you just got into

Manual transmissions can be towed in neutral without a problem.

There are only a couple of cars out there that have manual transmissions with oil pumps, and I'm pretty sure the miata isn't one.

In the rare case that a bearing seized...well, maybe better to happen when you are not in the car.

do it, don't listen to these fucks
gotta make it yours
t. shitbox stickerbomber

>my friend paige

Beta orbiter detected