/Dream Project Thread/

/Dream Project Thread/
I would love to EV convert an MR2 or Fiero at some point before I die. This guy comes to a bunch of car meets near me with a black EV Fiero and it just seems like so much fun. I can't even imagine it would be all that good of a car to drive, I think it would just be neat to build it.

Do you guys have anything you want to build? LS1 in a Heely Bugeye Sprite? Twin flat BMW motorcycle engine in a miata?

Other urls found in this thread:

r.ebay.com/po85qo
superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1701-how-to-make-500hp-the-500hp-solution/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> I can't even imagine it would be all that good of a car to drive

if you crank the voltage way up and don't care too much about range you can make it a rocket ship

This right here.

-strip my k10 down to the frame, stretch it
-get a couple of VK56 engines, two roots blowers
-do pic related, with a replica of an old datsun 12,14,15 or 16

Nash metropolitan with mercedes om617 and vintage air ac.

Quad turbo supercharged rotary into a twingo

u ok br/o/?

personally id like to drop the v8 from an m3 into a z4. seems like it shoulda been done stock

I have 12 dream projects. Here's a few.
>Turbo blow through carbureted 12A inside a 1973-1978 RX3
>RB20DET swapped 300ZX painted to look like the Calsonic R31 and prepped for SCCA hillclimb events
>1979-1988 Honda Acty truck with a Honda Goldwing 1500cc flat six stuffed into the bed

>restore a partially complete pre-war motorcycle and convert it to steam propulsion (inb4 boiler explosion)
>convert a futuristic looking scooter (e.g. Honda Helix) to hydrogen fuel cell propulsion (inb4 hydrogen explosion)
>turn a Gold Wing GL1500 into a naked long fork chopper with a tilting sidecar with a kayak mount on it
>apply engine tuning and aerodynamic (dustbin) fairings to a classic naked motorcycle and see how fast it'll go on the Autobahn (inb4 deadly crash)
>inb4 I'd fail inspections with any of these before I even get a chance to kill myself on them

>280z
>Modernize it
>Newer, more efficient, and more powerful engine swap
>Fix all the suspension with better parts
>Get a roll cage that is can keep me safe
>Aesthetically pleasing and minimalistic body kit
>Fix the interior up to modern standards
>Add technology

I just want everything of a modern car package into a 280z. Why is this not a thing?

Get a VW SP2 and swap the engine for a Subaru EJ engine from the WRX/STi

If I could go full crazy and make it FR instead of the stock RR layout, would put an Audi Inline 5 turbo inside that long as fuck hood

Would probably do that to any of the VW Type 1 based brazilian sportcars, they all look so cool and sexy to me, but that 30HP bug engine in all of them makes me sad

BMW E31 850 with the same S70/2 engine used in the McLaren F1 and I think in some X LM suvs.
Basically a poor mans supercar.

It is, you just have to do it yourself

Really? I've been looking online for other examples and can't find exactly what I'm trying to do.

Want to throw a turbocharged 2.6 Mitsubishi engine in the front of Plymouth Reliant sedan and grab suspension bits off a Chrysler Shelby car of the same period. Those Mitsu plants were used in Mitsubishi Galant cars, referred to as "Galant Σ". So... Call it a Shelby Σ Z Sleeper. Eh? Eh??

>personally id like to drop the v8 from an m3 into a z4
They did this for the GT3 race car iirc.

They are already a great car to drive
But I want to find one in good condition and just making it into one of the finest cars to drive

CAE Ultra shifter
Volvo head
Twin scroll turbo, maybe supercharger
Bc racing coilvers, adjusted to be extremely smooth
Irs
Plenty sound deadening
Scanspeak sound system
Battery in trunk
Carbon fiber hood
Strut tower braces

Whatever you can do to a foxbody you can do to it, so aftermarket is huge with better parts, like a tighter steering rack

Still looking for that perfect 6 speed trans

>turbo ls3 swap into a Cayman
>shorten the axles and get a wide body kit for MAXIMUM wheel thick
>big fucking diffuser and wing
>big fuckin splitter
>track it as often as possible

I'd love to find the W124 my dad brought from Switzerland to Libya in 199? (I was too young to remember the exact year) and restore it to its former glory.

He sold it 4-5 years later, in the late 90s, because parts were hard to find and expensive

Techart does a pretty nice looking widebody.

forgot to mention
>roll cage
>lower 1 inch
>suspension as stiff as a corpse
>katana shift knob for memes
hnnnngg

If we're talking "oh shit nigger, what are you doing" levels, I'd love to take one of these, build it up to Gallardo/R8/Huracan spec, and put it into either a Boxster to create some unholy baby Carrera GT, or a 928 to realize Piëch's original vision.

7.3 powerstroke into a panther

triumph spitfire with the biggest most ridiculously ported rotary engine.
triumph tr6/250/5 with a bmw m52(i think) or m30.

Why would you bother with the expensive Motus when the 3.5L Rover V8 exists, costs less, has probably been fun before, and probably makes more power?

Evo II conversion + 16v swap a W201 190E.

And then piss off everybody by putting in that aluminium 426 3rd gen Hemi, and covering the entire car with DaimlerChrysler livery.
>Still a 16v though

hate to tell you but the 928 already IS a v8...

WITNESSED

Look again, bud. That's no V8 I posted.

bump
this thread is cool

Boy oh boy do I have a lot for you...

Bridgeported Turbo FC RX7
Turbo K20 DC2 Integra
Some insane swapped RX8 (inclined to say turbo K20 but it rotates the wrong way, definitely want something light but high output)
High Compression Twin Turbo 300ZX (muh torks)
Twin Turbo VH45 300ZX
L28ET 240Z

And of course, all the supporting modifications needed such as suspension and brakes.

an e30 with an s62 dropped in it.

then maybe a turbo/twin turbo setup.

really I just want something that will destroy every other car in my town so all the faggots with 370zs and mustangs and camaros will fuck off

A Starion with a junk motor,replace it with the engine/trans from an early Evo.Some of those early ones do have a longitudinal engine to make the swap easier,and then make it look
/aesthetic/ on the outside.

>Orange BMW 1602 with a K1600 I6 engine
>VR6 Corrado, but with a Quattro longitudinal drivetrain
>L33 5.3 Kadatt C 2 door wagon
>K swapped Trabant
>Hellcat Giulia (SS)
>Washington blue 1932 roadster with a detuned Novi V8
>Twinturbo Hemi Topolino gasser
>Tesla-swapped flatfender Jeep
>2.3 DISI FD RX-7
>AWD 20B-swapped 22B Subie replica
>Twin screw + VK56 + R34 GT-T

And the list goes on

Ls1 e30.

but seeing as e30's are getting mroe and more expensive, and i can't seem to find a cheap LS1,

4 door e30 with a 5.3 vortec, 4l60e/4l80e with a turbo is more plausible in my budget.

>Ford Ranger/Dodge Ram SRT10
>trophy truck bodykit
>stock height, stiff suspension
>big-ass wing/diffuser
>twin seq. turbo ls1/3 swap, drivetrain/tranny overhaul
>emerald green paint, black accents/wheels
>hillclimb? i dunno

I'd like to build a high-performance Buick straight-8 with EFI, high compression, longtube headers, E85, etc. then swap it into something along with a T56. Of course, they are very long and heavy boat anchors so I guess it'd have to be a hot rod or some kind of V12 Jag.

Restore my 300CE. Do nothing crazy but I do want to Turbo it someday. Got other bits of the car that need attention first though.

Also I want to get a big bodied land barge, likely a Roadmaster or Impala and turn it into a drift missile. Obviously engine swap for an LS series crate engine or something, welded diff, gutted interior, thicc tires, rolled fenders, lower it a bit. Think it would be cool as hell.

>Front end of a Fury R1
>Rear end of a Fury Menace
>Litrebike engine at the front
>Litrebike engine at the back
>400hp
>500Kg
>8 cylinders
>12,000rpm

I'd like to 2JZ swap my C200. I don't know how or even if it is suitable, but that would be a dream car

geo metro in brand new condition with engine swap for mad sleeper. and comfy suspension

It'll barely fit, it'll ruin the balance and handling (because pigfat ridiculosuly long I6), and you'd be better off just buying a C63.

This. You'd probably spend more money tryin. To Frankenstein that shit in there than just buying a decent used AMG.

>>Rear end of a Fury Menace
Any links to one of those? Google isn't turning anything up.

An electric drift missile. Get something with blown engine, a couple motors and a buncha batteries, and go very very sideways.

>ultimate track machine.png

I just want to drive a 3rd gen celica vert. I'm not even sure what engine would go well in that car, I might just go with the BEAMS meme. If I had the money, of course.

one can only dream right. I like the kit on it though, too bad there aren't any performance parts to add to it.

r.ebay.com/po85qo

Anyone looking for an old Bimmer?

Dual engine civic EK hatch.

If i can get each engine up to 200hp (should be easy enough with turbos and some "minor" engine mods), then the thing will fly.

>If i can get each engine up to 200hp (should be easy enough with turbos
Hell, you don't even need turbo's to get 200hp out of a K20.

well, then 250hp each would be the goal

Wow. Way more weight than an LS for the same power in a fucking ridiculous configuration that would be utterly impossible to calibrate correctly without custom PCM software.

>250hp each
I've got some news for you mate: 250hp on a turbo 2 litre is considered pretty medioce nowadays.

superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1701-how-to-make-500hp-the-500hp-solution/

Two standalone ECU's, and you'll be fine. I don't think he's going for the most hp/dollar anyways, just a ludicrous twin engine setup.

>superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1701-how-to-make-500hp-the-500hp-solution/
>no LS
Shit article

It's SS, not Hotrod. OF course they're not going to discuss V-ates.

2 ecus. 2 transmissions.
I've already seen someone do it online before.

An LS article would be boring as fuck.

>find an LS2
>get a tuned ECU
>get a good intake and exhaust
>500hp

The end.

Rover V8? No thanks. I wouldn't want the original engine because I wouldn't be interested in dealing with old, leaky British engines when parts are wildly rare stateside. I wouldn't want to shorehorn in an engine so much more powerful than the original because I don't want to be so far removed from the original driving experience. With that, the Rover V8 is like the worst of both worlds. If all I wanted was a roadster with a V8 project car, there are tons of used NA and NB Miatas waiting for an LS swap.

The Motus V4's 180 hp is in keeping with the original power output, the engine is new so little worry of parts failing or having to source elusive bits, and the OHV 2v/cyl V4 is reminiscent of GM's Small Block so much so that some refer it to as the Baby Block and I kinda want a bit of that Americana in my British sports car.

>water pump integrated into timing cover
When that fucking thing leaks coolant into the crankcase, holy shit.
GM small block my ass it's gonna be the 3200 with none of the positives.

Very small jap eco box with a big American V8. Couple more paychecks and a liberal amount of weekends and I'll have it done.

Well it's a motorcycle engine so that's not completely unheard of.

Dream project, you say? I would like to mount a Pratt and Whitney R4360 Wasp Major smack dab in the middle of this bad boy. Imagine 28 cylinders displacing 72 liters and producing a modest 4500 hp.

I'll fly it to the autobahn and have the time of my life. Imagine the looks I'd get. Beautiful.

>I wouldn't want the original engine because I wouldn't be interested in dealing with old, leaky British engines when parts are wildly rare stateside.
You do realise that the Rover 3.5 is just a Buick 215 in disguise, right? Parts are plentiful stateside, and they're so cheap in the UK they're even cheap to import.

It's an american-designed, aluminium pushrod V-ate that swap into everything, before the Ls even existed.

>OHV 2v/cyl V4 is reminiscent of GM's Small Block
It's LITERALLY half an LS.
> having to source elusive bits
Guess how hard it is to source one-off parts. For example, do you think everybody has Motus V4 cranks, cams or gaskets laying around? Nope. Most US shops do stock Rover/Buick parts though.

>I kinda want a bit of that Americana in my British sports car.
The Rover/Buick is just that. American design, which later got shoehorned into the MGB V8, just like the Austin Healey 3000's I6 was put into the MGC. In that regard, you can see the Rover V8 as being a direct successor to the Healey's I6.

my dream is a black car with popups, a supercharger with a blower sticking out of hood and two fuel tanks in the back, also up to three hidden killswithces so it would be unstealable (essentially japanese mad max toycar for pretend-survival purposes and probably zero offroad action)

agreed,
vr6, air suspension and having the whole thing sanded down and stripped and then galvanized so it wont rust so fast

>You do realise that the Rover 3.5 is just a Buick 215 in disguise, right?

Actually, I had not known. After checking Wiki and Hemmings Motor News, I learned some interesting facts about this 3.5 -- thanks.

>It's LITERALLY half an LS.
The "half an LS" talk going around during the R&D process was a bit premature. The cam chain sprocket is the only thing that is GM. Just take a look at the splayed valves in the attached picture. Or how about the 75° crank offset? Or even more basic, compare specific displacement: .412 L/cyl for Motus vs GM's 0.715 L/cyl for the 5.7.

>Parts are plentiful stateside, and they're so cheap in the UK they're even cheap to import.
>Guess how hard it is to source one-off parts. For example, do you think everybody has Motus V4 cranks, cams or gaskets laying around? Nope. Most US shops do stock Rover/Buick parts though.

The Motus engine is in new and in production; I simply would buy the crate engine. The Buick/Rover engine has been out of production for nearly two decades across the pond and in 1963 in America. So first, I'd need not bother sourcing, say, a crank for a new engine so that part is moot. Secondly, for as neat as the Buick 215 is, it never got anywhere near the popularity of a Chevy 350 or Ford 351 so it's still on the obscure side here.

I'd rather drop in a new production engine and be done with it rather than laboriously piecing together an underwhelming one.

The high compression 215 was doing 185 hp and weighed 324 poubds. The MST-R block is 180 hp and weighs 150 lbs. Plus carburetors are simply before my time and I have zero desire to fuck around with that.

That's just the objective reasons why I wouldn't want that. Subjective ones include...

>The Rover/Buick is just that. American design, which later got shoehorned into the MGB V8, just like the Austin Healey 3000's I6 was put into the MGC. In that regard, you can see the Rover V8 as being a direct successor to the Healey's I6.

I'm not interested in doing what everyone else does. After learning more about the 215/3.5, it seems like this engine is kind of popular for this kind of application. Maybe for the first project car or two, sure: do stuff everyone has done before so if you hit a snag there's a knowledge base you can tap. But this isn't the "pragmatic project car" thread, it's the "dream project car" thread.

Pic related: A '58 Ferrari F1 replica with the Motus engine in it. It's just different and I want to do different. At the same time, it's not so wildly different--what with its 12 bolt bellhousing (9.5” bolt circle) for easy application adaptation and all--that the dream project is so obscure and unlikely that it will really only ever be that: a dream.

Hybrid Impreza RS Coupe with a stupidly boosted EG33 in it, for MAXIMUM TORQUE.

The A80 Supra was powerful but extremely heavy. The T230 Celica was nimble but weak (and wrong wheel drive). So the Ultimate God Machine would have a T230s body and suspension with the engine, trans, and drivetrain of the A80, fast AND nimble.

>I would love to EV convert an MR2
already been done. its meh

I want to put a rotary in a first gen mr2

FD or FC RX7 with a turbo K20 swap
MR2 spyder with a K20

na 7age t-top aw11 would be sick

>FD or FC RX7 with a turbo K20 swap
Why, if the 2.3 DISI exists?

>MR2 spyder with a K20
Why, if kits for a V6 exist?

Probably because it's his dream not yours lol

A salvaged Roadrunner or this with rusted out shit looking exterior and matte black bonnet.

New everything inside with giant brakes and custom gearbox and suspension with a nice engine inside and watanabe 8spoke black wheels

>Wantanabe's on a super bee

Huh...that'd kind of work.

I want to join my passion for american muscle cars with my passion for JDM cars.

The idea is to have a square not too big muscle car with a big but solid engine and japanese refinement of the suspension and rigidity

Ignore the size, but, if it works on a 'cuda....

The idea is to put rims big enough to fir the big disc brakes but to also fit chubby tires.

M E A T
E
A
T

I've had similar ideas in the past just never thought of Wantanabe's on them.

Then again Watanabe's always reminded me of pic related anyways, which is why I liked them at first so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.