Finest German Cars

>ITT:
We post nice german 80/90s cars. Ignore American tripfags and musclecar faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6120255154.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Somebody say musclecar?

The car of my childhood dreams.. a friend of my dad drove one and one day he picked me up and drove me home with this car. This day was a good day

Audi V8 on classic BBS, what you want more?

saw one parked recently and it was gorgeous

968 clubsport
A lot of Porsche drivers didn't liked that car but I love it.

>wood screws

What happened to Audi? They used to make some good cars but it's been garbage since the early 90s.

what ?

delete this.

why

contributing

90's M5 is the best

Golf equivalent of a few simple mods.

naw

one afternoon bruh

>19 image replies already
>no E30 M3
What the fuck is going on with Veeky Forums today!?

probably because its one of the most overrated cars ever

Looks like a pig. Oink oink

Has the real NATO been found? Last I heard two tuners in Japan claim to have it but no has confirmed.

a Japanese blog I found confirmed that it was legit (or at least the owner of the shop claims it is)

he got ahold of it sometime and restored it to like new condition

its for sale with a price of (ask) and the inspection is good until April of next year

Better than German

Better than German

>German cars thread
>posts Japanese cars

that guy posted a muscle car and nobody said anything. what happen to ignoring?

>Saab
>Japanese
Maybe learn more about cars before you post on this board again

>Saab
>German
Maybe learn more about cars before you post on this board again

Hey buddy I said "BETTER THAN GERMAN" in the post. That would mean I clearly know it's NOT German

>>ITT:
>We post nice german 80/90s cars

TEENAGE STANCE FAGS LEAVE MY THREAD REEEEEEEEEEE

>RAUH-Welt
>teenage stance fags
I don't like their butchering classic Porsches either, but this is not something for teenagers and widebody rather than stance.

They still make good cars.

It's literally all Golfs and Passats, only the RS models are worth mentioning at all, and the R8.

>I'm 14 and edgy
Okay, I though you were looking for discussion.

oh look, its summer again.

The R8. That's it.

>"better than german"
>owned by GM
>suffers the horror of GM
>GM drops, company goes bankrupt, couldn't find a buyer and got split up

Let's dicuss then, how are the A1 through A8 models more than Polos, Golfs, Passats and Phaeotons? 4 rings and a higher pricetag, nothing more really. I'm not just saying this, I've tested several current VW and Audi models recently, and it's all the same, I couldn't tell the interior apart without a logo on the steering wheel. The only thing Audi offers that VW doesn't are the RS top end models and the R8.

P.S.: Even the TT is the same as a VW Beetle, a Golf with a bodykit.

my big body benz - 90 560SEC

>Even the TT is the same as a VW Beetle
No joke either, they share the same platform and even wheelbase, most of their components are interchangeable too.

I'd go as far as arguing that the original TT was worse than the equivalent Golf. In a desperate effort to make it sporty they caused MR2 tier levels of snap oversteer when cornering too fast.

Believe this anecdote or not, but my hairstylist crashed his TT roadster because of this.

>I couldn't tell the interior apart without a logo on the steering wheel
I'm pretty sure that not only have you not driven any of the cars listed, but you're most likely too young to drive altogether. Interior is literally the one thing people buy A Audis for along with quattro, material quality and general styling. S has different drivetrain components and great engines. RS is self explanatory. Your reeeing is hardly justified. VW and Skodas may well be better value for money, Audis are still good cars.

Thing is there were two of them in Japan claiming that it was, at least last I saw it was two of them.

Ruf hasn't as far as I known said anything last I checked, but who knows that was awhile ago maybe it is the real deal. You think they'd be interested in getting this thing confirmed and maybe buying it back sinced it served as the prototype to the BTR, and even tested some things for the CTR IIRC as well and both of those cars are kind of what put them on the map outside of Germany kind of.

Really though why does Japan have so many cool Porsches in it?

I'll try to ignore your ad-hominems for the sake of discussion I guess.

>Interior is literally the one thing people buy A Audis for
That's why I specifically mentioned it being no better than VW's. Also, a lot of the quattro branded cars have the same haldex systems as VW. I honestly can't tell the difference between Audi's and VW's material quality, you might need to elaborate on that. General styling is up to preference, and VW's is nowhere near as bland as it used to be, hell, the rear ends are nearly identical.

I never said Audis aren't good cars, just not better than VW, as opposed to 20 years ago, when Audis were all around nicer cars that justified being more expensive.

best looking coupe of the 20th century
>most overrated
>posts a 911

>fwd

>That's why I specifically mentioned it being no better than VW's.
That's just pure contrarianism - see the pic in my previous post. Liking it or not is one thing, but the objective difference is quite big, especially in person.
> a lot of the quattro branded cars have the same haldex systems as VW
It's just TT and 3s.
>can't tell the difference between Audi's and VW's material quality
Go to a dealership and play around in a new A4/A5. Then sit in a Golf.
>I never said Audis aren't good cars
You did though in your first post.
>not better than VW, as opposed to 20 years ago, when Audis were all around nicer
They never were though - this is just something local underage pseudo-enthusiasts think because "le wrong pigfat generation". Passat B1 and Audi 80 B1 are literally the exact same car. They had some divergence in B2-B4 models, but really no more than A4 and Passat do today. The 100 didn't have a VW analog (A6 still doesn't). The V8 didn't have a VW analog until 2001. So really all that has changed is that VW introduced Phaeton to A6, Audi introduced A1/3 to Polo/Golf and both brands got much better qualitatively.

Phaeton to A8*

not the other guy but all new Quattros are FWD biased haldex AWD's (except for RS cars)
Look up "Audi Quattro with Ultra technology"

>No one posts Isdera Imperator

isdera point to this car?

actually learned to drive in one

yay for being a spoiled brat

Torsen quattros are sold along with the Haldex ones here in Germany.

[laughs in 200 mph]
>Stefan Roser
the most hektik of men

Make way, plebs.

not for much longer, torsen quattros will soon become RS exclusive

> leaf springs

>since the early 90s
I'd make that late '90s, early 2000s. The RS2 was cool as fuck and the D2 A8 was pretty sweet as well.

'no'

> mfw most of these car brands are made or assembled in Mexico now

You can always custom order from Europe if you're not poor :^)

'no'

There's an old 2002 nearby me, think it's saveable? I have no idea on the engine condition, I was only able to snap these photos but I can go back and ask the owner some questions. If I can get it for cheap, it'd be a fun project.

M5, best German car ever made, find a flaw

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/6120255154.html

PROTIP YOU CANT

>There's an old 2002 nearby me, think it's saveable?

If you have to ask, then no

Maybe by an experience mechanic with a shop who has the tools and knows what he's doing and can see how much work it is

but by someone who has to ask? NO

Fair enough, I know jack shit about cars

The whole surface of every body panel is eaten with rust, this would be a $15,000 paint job, minimum

unless you have the skills to do it yourself, which you dont

You could literally buy a new 2017 BMW for what it would cost you to get that thing looking respectable

>2002

what did the guy do? come out every morning and spray it with alcohol and paint stripper then let it sit out in the sun every day?

That's the model. It was probably made around 1974 or something

one of the headlights is literally filled with water, the rest of the car is a shell of rust

BUY IT OP

If you don't know this BMW you are not a true petrolhead

The doors are the best part.

muh dick

best BMW

no its not 80s or 90s but fuck you

my e24

TFW had to settle for red instead of black... :( feels bad man

Audi 90

That's a Coupe, bud.

And?

jelly

Those were never badged as "90".

I know, autism.

Oh shit I didn't see that. Well what the fuck did I post?