/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 4th:
503 BC – Roman consul Agrippa Menenius Lanatus celebrated a triumph for a military victory over the Sabines.
1147 – First historical record of Moscow.
1581 – Francis Drake is knighted for completing a circumnavigation of the world.
1814 – Napoleon abdicates for the first time and names his son Napoleon II as Emperor of the French.
1866 – Alexander II of Russia narrowly escapes an assassination attempt by Dmitry Karakozov in the city of Saint Petersburg.
1945 – World War II: Soviet troops liberate Hungary from German occupation and occupy the country itself.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!nUYnGDga!o-jx0DHukMcy3MnK0E83nw
abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/23201
steamcommunity.com/app/98510
poal.me/aejmnp
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-april-2017.1009063/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

BASED

This guy blows.

>tfw feel like only one that likes hoi4

i know that feel bruh

lul
kill yourselves, HoI$ is shit.

>$
>implying i don't pirate

for what reason.

Fun place to play in, in after the end ?

great plain vikangz

Is Africamod compatible with HPM?

Can I ask other countries to change their religion in EUIV? Playing Ottomans and I just noticed that Wallachia has an interregnum. If I can´t I just vassalize them.

Are there any mods to make the societies more fun in ck2?

W&B

Since HIP has been updated I'll try M&M but I was wondering, I really don't want to play with this dark power bullshit or alchemy. Does disabling supernatural effects also disable it ?

Thank you Based One

>1945 – World War II: Soviet troops liberate Hungary from German occupation and occupy the country itself.
really makes you think

Is Russia, Greece and Bulgaria the only ones capable of changing the name of Istanbul?

in vic 2? yeah

mega.nz/#F!nUYnGDga!o-jx0DHukMcy3MnK0E83nw

Steamcordplaza archive exposed

Everyone should report this for copyright

How's The Reaper's Due for CK ? I have some extra pocket-money to spend and the whole plague/despair theme sounds really cool.

PIRATE IT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Shit, I just annexed it as Germany, I should have annexed a part of the near east instead, can you give it to another nation?

This one is so much better than the one in the OP though, why would we want to report it?

How long do you think he is going to last ?

I like it too.

t. gayreek

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
>talex still hasn't been kicked out

Steamcordplaza had one job...

Are there good workshop mods that disable India? Does it help make the game run better longer?
I'm still not finding a use to India desu, unless the player messes around there, there never seems to be much change or fun things happening, and their interaction with the world at large still seems limited to the hindu merchant event chain.

Can we make this our official archive? As said it's much more complete than the pitiful one we have.

This game is pretty comfy

>different pops
>neat trade/resource system
>tech and inventions like vicky2
>politics
>neat barbarian mechanics

Use the one that says outdated, it still works and yes, disabling India gives a somewhat noticeable performance boost

Only if they're small enough and I think they have to be in the same religion group.

Yeah, same religious group unless you're under the effects of revolution.

>50 army tradition for this
time to religious blobbing

Alright, thanks.
Also yeah, EU:R is pretty good and fun. Use Reign of the Ancients next, it's the Wiz mod for it.

Anyone got a clue how to get a converted EU4 save to work in vickymod?

>went from some piss-poor tribalshit making 0.8 gold a month to rolling in the cash
feels good

I think I briefly tried it, wasn't a huge fan that you couldn't colonize anymore, as annoying as the barbarians could be I kinda liked the roaming/migrating barbarians a bit, but I guess I'll give RotA another try now that I'm a little bit better at the game.

>unify HRE
>draw europe as i please
>want to switch to revolutionry empire
>use ottoshits to get high WE
>progress at 95%
>the revolution is here
>ottomans are rev. the target

the eternal turk stole my glory

nope, hungary can too

I know the answers are probably not goung to be grand strategy games, but is there any good games about antiquity or bronze/iron age civs?

For real? Why cant Germany then?

NWO or Cold War Enhancement?

Holy fucking shit you guys
Will tell you if it works in the evening.

How do i get good at Eu4 when everyone is allied with someone? I watched a guide on the game in general a while ago but it feels like I'm missing something about the game still

It makes sense for them to recreate the Byzantine Empire but not Germany?
Russia is orthodox and considered themselves the succesor of the Byzantine Empire, Bulguria is close and Hungary too.

Bring your own allies or be more powerful than the people you're attacking. Feel free to take loans and merc up.

ah yes
it was so close for them to join my army of vassals which kinda surprised me considering how large their nation is
i guess its time to focus on liberating christians in balkans

Why not just play DH.

>why not ignore this obscure thing we so meticulously buried and a single seeder popped up by a miracle
Johan go away

you got to be fucking kidding
should i savescum?

>he doesn't understand institutions

It spawns from every single trade node in the world.

You know you can just get it online?
abandonia.com/en/downloadgame/23201

The most important things EU4 has taught me is the importance of tolerance of heathens and to never trust an Englishman.

Yeah, I forgot about that, makes sense, is Germany capable of renaming something? Aside from Alsace Lorraine

Ya its dumb but Global trade is the one institute you can always predict were it will be since its simply in the most valuable trade hub which is usually amsterdam. Also save scumming will do you no good as unless that place won it by a very very very slim margin it will just keep spawning there. Just bite the bullet global trade spreads fast.

>look ma, i can google
Its a 1994 DOS game you retard

okay i guess you're right
but i still dont like how poo in the loo countries manage to be more advanced technologically than europeans

It's obscure because it absolutely sucks, you mong.

Yeah they need to tweak the spread of institutions. West Africa is usually more advanced than Eastern Europe because of the Western European colonies there. The last three institutions are also super easy to get no matter where you are.

Well then whatever this is doesnt come up under google because thats the only game that shows in images and the search thing. So literally a non existent game being downloaded. Like that ship yard simulator that people post every once in a while.

Even if it does Paradox shouldnt have wiped it off the face of the earth.
Then you suck at life and at google laddie. Go back to sucking your thumb and playing HoI IV.

>playing hoi4
Never tried it, saw a video where right click to fore march everyone to the enemy capital just wins you the game. Since there are no armies to stop you you just take the capital and they surrender after that. I play vic2 and hoi3 like the trade sims they are.

Here, an Illuminati trading game for you.
steamcommunity.com/app/98510

>Test Timurids.
>Type in corrupt, because I didn´t want to pay to get rid of it.
>Have a 100 corruption now.
Serves me right. Maybe that´s finally going to stop me from my compulsion to start cheating. Shouldn´t have mistaken the cheat for anoth one either. Just going to observe that shitfest now.

>your character
I don't know if I should be mad that you gave up your heritage, or pleased that Greek/a Grecko-Turkish hybrid culture prevailed over Turkish.

Where is Bongistan's capital?

Get more allies that want land from your target. Use diplomatic feedback to mark provinces you want, but make sure not to have 100% overlap of vital territories with your allies, otherwise they won't join on promised territory. Promise them land and actually give it to them to get favours, take some for yourself.

Wait for allies of your target being in debt or exhausted, or make them friendly towards you, to disparage them from defending against you.

Attack when you have better tech and/or ideas, policies.

Don't be afraid to go into debt to win a critical war.

Use mercenaries.

Use the terrain to your advantage by using the simple terrain map mode and watching out for defensive terrain and river crossings. Use your own forts to get battles in favourable terrain, stay away from their forts on unfavourable terrain.

Try to peace out their allies quickly.

Watch out for small countries. Each independent country has a base manpower pool of 10k and force limit of ~5, plus they go over the force limit in war. A bundle of them is much more persistent and dangerous than it looks.

>tfw preserving Latin language by colonization
based and questionably white

I need to play a Papal states game eventually. Did you prevent the reformation?

i managed to stall it until 1530 or so (1444 start)

Is it possible to prevent the reformation from occurring in base EU4?

Not bad, did you try running like 5 diplomats to make everyone like you so they would choose to stay with the church?
No, just in Meiou and some other mods. It pretty much involves having another hearsy active like dualists in order to constantly run the council. Or to have the antipope happen several times.

namen?

In what year Britain will go to war against Oranje in HPM? In what year do they annex Natalia?

Please respond.

Amazonia or something.

Huely land

>1.20
>- Hejaz is now a vassal of the Mamluks in 1444.
This changes a lot in Arabia.

Not really. Ottos are still obscenely powerful and will rickroll them w/o player iinterference.

>have 100% moral
>enemy levies just fought my ally and have less than 10% moral
>they attack me and win
CK2's combat system is fucking dogshit, same thing with EU IV except that the whole game is fucking shit. Why is Paradox such a fan of ruining things that worked out in previous games?

It's in serbia

They already got rid of him, ebin

>1.20
>- The National Bank Event now let's you choose between 50 years of inflation reduction or 50 years of reduced interest costs instead of changing your loan size.
NOOOOO!

I just found out about the wonders of 24x loan size at -4 Interest per Annum.

post yfw

>STILL no tag for Yamato Japan

give us an example
i wrote a comment exceeding limit, so yea its rather complex

r8 my Deitscherei

Americanist Anglo provinces are in Jersey and Deleware, will eventually be Germanified

>tfw we will never have vic 2 trump america blogposter
why even live

RIP in peace christianity

Nice... is that vanilla game or mods?

>Men in Black
What are they?

poal.me/aejmnp
poal.me/aejmnp
poal.me/aejmnp
poal.me/aejmnp

EXTREMELY important poll

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-april-2017.1009063/

has islamic gommunisn been tried yet?

Indonesia and Kurdistan suggested it but never implement it.

Isn't CWE pretty much a straight upgrade?

I haven't used neither much, but CWE seems to have more in-depth mechanics and NWO is almost known for it's autistic (in a bad way) developer.

feels like im getting memed on

THE IRON THRONE IS MINE

BY RIGHT

So White Walkers killed Tommen's family, I was left as his heir. As Stannis I saw my chance to save the kingdom and tried to Shadow Baby him. Valyrian Steel Sword > Shadow Magic though, so he killed the shadow baby. He now suddenly died after getting sick, not sure if that's from the shadow baby.

Have you ever jerked off to this game

After a particularly nasty revolt I took the ringleader's qt young wife as a concubine just to piss him off and ended up blowing a load to the thought of raping her repeatedly while he rots in the oubliette

Thanks. Gonna try CWE then.