*blocks your lane*

*blocks your lane*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY
latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-californa-leads-national-bicycle-deaths-20141027-story.html
ehjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-069X-8-47
nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/05/bicyclist_shot_new_orleans_sat.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8yJclwbpGJ4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Except that it's not "your" lane. Roads are public to anyone with a permitted vehicle.

I can't read Spanish does it say "please run me over hombre"?

thats portuguese

>Latin characters
>"I can't read Spanish"
Also it's not Spanish.

Are those cops? If not I'd purposefully tap those dumb fucking signs as I pass them.

Respect towards cyclists is measured here here, 1,5m

The law in Brazil says cars need to be at least 1,5m away from cyclists and they are protesting recent deaths by morons.

rofl any apologists worried and little roadbiker cucks never grew up with skateboarders or bmxers. if you want to play in traffic don't be an entitled little pussy about it.

brb swimming in the ocean no sharks allowed near me thanks

A couple of those cyclists don't appear to be maintaining proper lane discipline. They ale allowing a part of their vehicle (the cardboard part) to wander into the adjacent lane.

Will they e ticketed for that?

>cars need to be at least 1,5m away from cyclists

So if I'm waiting for a light and a cyclist squeezes by me on the right within that 1.5m, will the be cited?

If a cyclist with a stupid cardboard sign taps my car with it as they squeeze by, is that hit and run?

>comparing a traffic light situation where the motor vehicles are at a standstill to dangerous overtaking of bicycles at 50 kph
Nice apples and oranges. Even motorcycles are allowed to filter at lights in a ton of places, but it doesn't validate dangerous overtaking.

Cyclists have their own lane. If not they should be at the very edge of the road.

The best girl I ever met was a puerto rican who laughed at the deaths of bicyclists, because in PR they obnoxiously fill the streets and they're treated like obstacles to be bumped out of the way with the front of your car. I really should have made more of an effort with her.

>live in the British countryside, narrow twisty roads everywhere
>fucking cyclists everywhere in the middle of the lanes going up hills at 5mph with a convoy of cars behind them

I seriously want to kill these cunts

That's not 3 feet

nice trips
roll over three of them to do a turkey.

It's illegal to carry a load that wide on a bicycle.

In what country?

Doesn't brazil have more important things to worry about then the fucking distance bewteen a car and some cunt on a bicycle

Lithuania. You'd have to at least put special signs on the edge of the load.

God what a bunch of entitled cunts

>safety Overtake them in the other lane
>safety merge back into their lane
>signal, safely pull over and stop
>they have to merge with the other lane to overtake

Rinse and repeat

If it's bolted on it actually legally becomes part of the vehicle, and then it's subject to the same 2,5m width rule as all other vehicles.

I'm not sure it works like that. Define bolted on.

too bad, the picture was taken in brazil

It's not like countries are managed by departments or anything

>dangerous overtaking of bicycles at 50 kph

The law provides no exception for speed or the lack of it.

I'd imagine even Brazil has some form of traffic code. How wide can a load carried by a vehicle be in Brazil without requiring to put extra markings on it?

>Even motorcycles are allowed to filter

But motorcycles don't have special snowflake spacing laws. If they filter, it's up to them to clear the vehicles. And at times they come pretty close with their handlebars.

I'm not sure, I don't haul stuff. But I've seen taller and/or wider stuff with a red flag attached to it. I don't think this applies for bicycles though.

>I don't think this applies for bicycles though.
Yeah because there even might be a chapter that says you can't carry anything with a bicycle that sticks out and isn't suitable for a bicycle to carry.

I had to read the entire transit code for driving school and there was nothing about bicycles other than to stay 1,5 meters away from them.

I'd rev up and drive through all those signs

I'm sorry to be telling you this, but you may actually be retarded.

When you're in a car and passing a bicycle you have to maintain a proper distance, because you drive the many more times dangerous vehicle and you carry the responsibility. Bicyclist are allowed to drive as close to you as they're comfortable, because they won't hurt you.

When you bump a bicycle you can kill a person, when a bicycle bumps you, your vehicle can get a scratch. Do you understand the difference now?

Serious questions: are bikerfags even allowed to ride along cars? Like do we actually have to give them a line or is it just them being a bunch of moanful fags

For real? That's fucked up.

In my country they are actually only allowed on roads if there is no sidewalk, bike lane, bike path or a road shoulder.

Attached using bolts and nuts.

The law provides a minimum overtaking distance for that exact reason. I don't think you're aware of what a wall of air you're pushing around with your car.

I just did a little research, they have to have two rear view mirrors and a helmet (which nobody has)

therefore if you run over them they'll be screwed for breaking the law

And so will you for running them over.

of course its taken in brazil

you can clearly see the favela monkeys riding their bikes

its a miracle they even know the law because the whole family has to share a single flip phone to even look shit up on the internet without a qwerty keyboard

kek

Fuck i hate cyclists...

Why do they ride their bikes down back roads with 100kmh speed limits that do not have break down lanes?

Do they actually expect a semi truck to come around a blind corner at 100km and not run them over when they are riding in the middle of the damned road?

Fucking morons.

You could actually walk down those roads if you wanted to and stayed on the outside. Motorfags don't realize that banning unmotorized movement on general access roads would be the first step towards limited freedom of travel.

>live in one of bigger cities in my craphole country (Poland)
>taxmoney (mostly from drivers) spent on rebuilding roads mostly makes them narrower including dedicated cyclist lanes
>mayor keeps removing car lanes and making them bus only, wants people to stop driving cars (while public transportation is absolutely horrible, more expensive than gas/hybrid car and full of smelly hobos)
>cyclists drive on normal lanes anyway preventing people from overtaking them
does this happen in other countries too? cyclists rarely use their dedicated lanes here.
being a driver here is JUST tier.
anyone can guess the city (to polacks)?

The world would indeed be a better place if fewer of the careless masses drove cars.

Get daa fuck oooouuuuttttttttaaaaaaa heeeerrrrrreeee

when there is no acceptable alternative to cars people wont switch. i actually take the bus when going to uni sometimes, standing in sweaty bus, god forbid one stained by stench of a hobo (and not only, they tend to piss everywhere). they are also late or sometimes do not arrive at all. if i had no student discount (50%) id never ever take the bus, its just not worth it.

I agree. Better public transport starts with making public transport better.

>are bikerfags even allowed to ride along cars?
Hmm, coming to America, I noticed people are encouraged to look down upon others. So the amount of derisiveness is sort of institutionized.

Here in washington state, drivers don't know or care about many of the road laws. It's been a decades since any of them took the driver written exam and probably many barely passed. Barely passing implies there are rules of the road they don't know about or that they don't even care about those rules.

As a result of accidents and complaints, the government started painting small bicycle symbols on the roadways. There are no bike paths because that would mean removing the sidewalks which are occupied by the traffic light posts, street light posts, fire hydrants, trees, and other permanent objects. The symbols remind cars that bikes are legally allowed to be on the roadway and occupy the full lane. If you closely pass him by while remaining in the lane, you can be cited for endangerment.

In practice, after the symbols were painted on the road, bicyclists have mostly disappeared from my suburb. I wasn't here long enough to know why. Checking around, I found the opposite effect occurred. Apparently, bicyclists did use the road in larger numbers for awhile, but drivers responded. They or passengers would throw bottles, cups, or pour soda and coffee on bicyclists as they passed. This drove the bikes off the road and they have remained off.

>They ale allowing a part of their vehicle (the cardboard part) to wander into the adjacent lane.
wat is perspective?

>So if I'm waiting for a light and a cyclist squeezes by me on the right within that 1.5m, will the be cited?
No, that's not prohibited by this law.

>If a cyclist with a stupid cardboard sign taps my car with it as they squeeze by, is that hit and run?
If it damages your car and he leaves the scene, sure.

The US are an absolute train wreck when it comes to the general understanding of infrastructure and transport. And really it's not even an exception, it's just one of the countless areas of life that most people are catastrophically ignorant about.

City in very densely populated area of South England.
Shit cunt council decide to close major link road for 6 months to add a lane.
A cycle lane.
The fucking morons.

I drove it every day to and from work. The most I ever counted was 6 cyclists. 2 on the pavement, 1 on the normal road, and 1 going the wrong way in a cycle lane.
What was the point?
And get this, they even added signs saying "cyclists stop on red lights". Jesus wept. They just hop up on the pavement and go round if they don't blast straight through.

Thank fuck I don't like in that town anymore. The roads were designed by fucking retards.
I mean who the fuck thinks cameras to catch you jumping red lights are better than fixing the lights so people don't jump them in the first place?

Not sure where you life but cyvlist are not allowed to drive on the middle of the road, nor hinder it in any way for real cars.

As soon as they're in a lane they practically take up the lane due to minimum overtaking distance, so it makes no difference whether they ride in the gutter or in the middle of the lane. YOU are the one committing a traffic offense and displaying dangerous driving if you try to overtake them in the same lane.

>that one guy who gets off his bike and moves the bike out of the way before moving himself

Fucking cyclists are seriously scum, anybody here seen that video where the cyclist gets hit by a semi truck and the guy he's riding with wont help him until he gets his bike to stand up on the curb without falling over?

Is this really your understanding of law?

>This person did not adhere to a safety standard
>IT IS NOW LEGAL TO MURDER THEM

beautiful
finally got to see the aftermath

this will never not be funny

You absolutely blew it there, m8. You could have had it all, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

Happens in Chile too.

>that one guy making a video or snapping a picture with his phone in the beginning
Looks like it didn't quite turn out how he hoped it would.

Then what is it lmao

>coal roller thinks he's better

This is illegal in California, where bikes can legally lanesplit.

GAS THE BIKES
RACE WAR NOW

They belong on the sidewalk

>they see a stopped motorcycle
>they continue to bike

Why

coal roller is not the one who will get lung cancer

I hope their clothes are fire resistant.

>living in a shithole where rolling coal is a thing

Glad I dont live in whatever shithole you do, they are not allowed to be on the road unless the can go the posted speed, why bike lanes were made here.

I wouldn't run a bicycle over with that, modern bikes are made out of some strong shit and if the frame wedge itself between the ground and your car it's not going to crumple it's going into your car.

>grew up riding a bicycle frickin' everywhere
>95% of my riding was done on sidewalds
>never had an issue with riding on the sidewalk as far as I can recall

Even if I took up cycling today, I'd stick to sidewalks...and they have bike lanes everywhere here. Sorry, I'd prefer to have more than a painted stripe between me and tons of metal whizzing by me at 50 mph.

I just can't wrap my head around these share the road cycling activists. They agitated for bike lanes, got them, and cyclist deaths are now way, way up.

latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-californa-leads-national-bicycle-deaths-20141027-story.html

I just can't understand people who demand to ride their bike in the street.

What part of washington, I'm going to guess the east side.
Reason why that happened here was because bicycles would get hit becuase they werent following the road laws, so bikers would pass right on through 4 way intersections where the light was green for the car going through, so people were getting hit.
The helmet law was put into effect to stop the deaths we had here, then they kept not giving a shit about what was going on around them.
So the goberment put down bike lanes so they would be clear of shit, but bikers STILL do not care whats going on around them, so they ride on the sidewalk when theres a bike lane, dont wear a helmet, and will go against traffic, which they aren't supposed to do here.
I don't mind bikers, but they are some of the dumbest fuckers we have here, they dont care about traffic laws.

He wasn't implying that at all user.

warszawa albo trójmiasto

>"i'm sorry officer, i've had active cruise control on.
i doesn't detect small or thin metal objects well"

The only problem with cyclists is just that some roads should be "closed" to them but in some busy cities is not easy to restrict

>"i'm sorry officer, i've had active cruise control on.
>i doesn't detect small or thin metal objects well"
Funny story, the bike legally should not have been in that lane and the driver claimed that the sun was in his face so couldn't see the biker. Got away with it haha

>Even motorcycles are allowed to filter at lights in a ton of places
That's illegal in 49 states.

Yep

no but I have this

Cars are not required to eat cyclists to live though? Your analogy falls flat on its face.

They're in the middle of the lane so you can see them. If they were at the edge you'd complain that they're impossible to see.

Those aren't SI units or non-SI units approved for use with the SI.

Why though?

Yes. They are legally vehicles and they are entitled to the full width of a lane.

What country is this?

Yes. The problem in that scenario would be the trucker who doesn't anticipate any traffic or other obstructions beyond the distance which he can see to be clear.

>being a driver here is JUST tier.
That's the nature of cities. Dedicating more space to motorists doesn't make driving there any better and at the same time makes simply living there much more unpleasant.

Where did you read that?

No they don't. It's more dangerous for everyone.

>It's a race
>Identifying a stopped motorbike more than 3 riders ahead
>Slamming on the brakes in the midst of a peloton

>6%
W O W
O
W
It's noteworthy that there's no mention on whether or not that represents a per capita increase.
>Most studies that considered sidewalk-riding suggested that it is particularly hazardous for cyclists, with estimates of 1.8 to 16 times the risk of cycling on-road [29, 66, 67, 68, 71].

>The helmet law was put into effect to stop the deaths we had here
Helmet laws are bullshit. They may decrease cyclist deaths in absolute terms, but they only achieve that by reducing the numbers of cyclists.

>spinning an FR volvo family car like it's a finicky MR or RR

How does this happen?

I see you're words but all I read is all cyclefags must die.

>Funny story, the bike legally should not have been in that lane and the driver claimed that the sun was in his face so couldn't see the biker. Got away with it haha
>the bike legally should not have been in that lane
that makes no sense. bikes don't go on the sidewalk,, they go in the street.

*paralyzes you*
nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/05/bicyclist_shot_new_orleans_sat.html

Portuguese, you utter moron

>third world language
of course

Calm down.

What a fucking dumb idea it is to let bicycles on the street. Great way to end your life early.

Stay on the sidewalk you fucks

that car hit... a brazillion people

I assure you, I am entirely unperturbed.

>Paraná

Of course it had to be there.

Here in São Paulo people don't give a fuck about them.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yJclwbpGJ4

>Most studies that considered sidewalk-riding suggested that it is particularly hazardous for cyclists, with estimates of 1.8 to 16 times the risk of cycling on-road [29, 66, 67, 68, 71].