/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

There's not enough coffee in the world to wake me up Edition

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Hatching-tide Easter Event Info
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Hatching_tide/

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.56 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/26738a49887f2b9f9e6b0aa67ae5f7d1a09dd1f2

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/9vy76RKn

Last time on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/
ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Yafaemi_Gloves_of_Scouting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xth for Pure.

Oh my god no one cares.

Cats!

only the sluts make a huge showing of being "pure" publicly

>heal while leveling a conjurer
>mash D-pad 50 times
>still doesn't get the right target
>just start spamming AoE heals with cleric stance up instead of focusing on healing
Am I going to have to switch to KBM or does this get easier? Going scholar for the record

ONLY
CATBOYS

xth for butts

eggsth for lalafell

You either become a precise machine gun or you decide to stop being a monkey and make your time easier

wat

thicc butt

Rust is the future!

You don't seem to be on the smart side, so better you go with a keyboard now.

post a lalafell on an egg please

I'm on the perpetually sleep deprived side. Heard mostly scholar healing was press some AoE abilities occasionally while letting my pet do 99% of the healing in 4 mans anyway

Healing is always going to be less-than-fun on a controller. There are some people who can do it, but it's just generally easier to heal with a MnB.

Looking for friends

Shit, controller was getting comfortable. On a side-note, given how interchangeable they are, how fun is SMN as a DPS? Not looking to bail on SCH, just asking

Post your egg riding butts

Post MALES in the adventurer suit. I need to see which race is best with it. Other fancy outfits can join too.

>posted 15 seconds apart from here and /dpt/

hmm

same

egg

Egg?

healers that don't dps, what do you do when no ones taking any damage? geniune question, sick of looking at healers that just stand there doing nothing.

Preemptively type out "You don't pay for my sub."

raiding is pretty cringey honestly

Rate how retarded my idea for controller targeting is: given a list of 8 party members, you could hold down LB and use either the dpad or ABXY buttons to select people, e.g. the third from the top could be LB+X. Pressing LB without holding it would still have the same effect as it does now. The same would apply to enemies but using RB

lemme smash

WHO IS THIS CUTE CAT?

(bars can be remapped to the existing dpad with no modifier)

You just think I'm cute because of butt

egg :dd

No, your face looks cute from what I can see and I like faces.

Can't find any good shoes to go with it, so the tims will do.

Well thank you user, I really like this hair I must say.

You've got something weird on your face

o-odin cat?

It was me, all along!

I'm kinda jealous that you can pull off the Alexandrian masks. They look dumb as sin on my character

Oh my, cute

back to old hair please

xth for c@lander

the fluffy hair looks better though

>never got to make an odin alt to /pet this chat and never log in again

hello gamers

cringe

Late, but SMN is alright, just takes a bit of micromanaging of DoTs and the pet. The put out decent enough damage and are fine for overworld things as well as AOE damage.

One day, don't worry user. I'm just enjoying some change for now.

You're still welcome to /pet

What? Is it a spider?
Thanks! Can't stand the little bit that hangs on the side though. would have to either find some earrings that would go with it or emperor glam the earrings.

cringe

cringe

yes emily
you can use a memory editor
we're all so very proud of you

nah, my sub ran out and i'm not coming back. didn't get to meet the former raspberry's main either, alas.

Just don't respond or filter their trip. They do it for attention, negative or otherwise.

Such is the life of being a male character in a female character world. How long must we suffer this injustice?!

Still viable in duties and such? Looking for a DPS to fall back on if SCH doesn't work out and SMN is the easiest to switch to.

Or just report him.

hello pussy

cringe

fuck off loser

You'll need to gear up for it since SCH and SMN gear isn't interchangeable at higher levels, but yeah it's easiest to switch to. It's fine in duties and what have you, but people will still complain about MUH COMPOSITION even though the vast majority of players aren't on the raw bleeding edge of content.

Reporting only does so much since janitors will only be notified once a certain threshold of reports are made or if they're actively babysitting a thread, and autodelete will only happen if enough people mass report(VPN abuse etc).

I wish this word were added to the word filter.

cringe

Well, you're still welcome if you decide to change your mind.

Cutelander!

Should still do it anyway.

Obligatory egg post, thanks SE for another QUALITY seasonal event!

cringe

>You'll need to gear up for it since SCH and SMN gear isn't interchangeable at higher levels, but yeah it's easiest to switch to. It's fine in duties and what have you, but people will still complain about MUH COMPOSITION even though the vast majority of players aren't on the raw bleeding edge of content.
Hm, thought I could just use the same gear and pop cleric stance on. Will probably look into a WAR if I make a DPS alt, then. Anyway thanks

Are you never resubbing either?

I am interested in playing monk and warrior, which one should I level first and play through the msqs with?

cringey

What are those gloves?

album so I can "cringe"

I'm not sure if you're memeing or not but WAR isn't a DPS class, user, it's a tank. Cleric Stance doesn't work like that. Try leveling a DRG or a MNK if you want something a little more fast-paced.

You're completely right.

You heard him folks, POST MORE MALES.

MNK

He's posting about the game though.. you aren't.

not unless stormblood is a major improvement

if i do come back i'll be sure to give making an alt another shot

I know it's a tank class but I heard a ton of people DPS with them anyway. Also heard DRG was boring and there's something about MNK I really don't like. Meh

Warrior can be slow-going and a bit boring in overworld content with the MSQ, but MNK is relatively easy and fun once you get the hang of positionals.

cringe

WAIT HANG ON THAT ISN'T WHAT I SAID.

Actually I might just hold out until the new xpack (and actually get off the trial while I'm at it) and make a RDM; I like magic based melee and it seems to cover that.

oh hey dude

The DPSDPSDPSDPS meme is just a meme. Try leveling a BLM if you want big explodey numbers.

I'm new, what time/day is maintenance?

I like having a lot of spells to use regularly, BLM seems a bit simplistic for that.

cringey

BRD or SMN are right up your alley, then.

All news and updates are announced here.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/

What should I do with my red and blue scrip tokens if I'm not doing relic? I have tons from pre-ironworks days

quality shower when

Going off what I heard [I need to stop saying this] BRD is a little clunky and boring, especially boring before endgame. I'm an indecisive twat and you're probably wasting your time, but I appreciate it anyway

sounds like you need to just level every job and figure out which one you like best.

ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Yafaemi_Gloves_of_Scouting

Main hand upgrades, materia, folklore books, etc.

No worries, dude, I understand. BRD does turn into a bow mage effectively after a certain point, but it's still pretty useful and fun. Play around with different jobs/classes to get a feel for them.

I'll quit far before then, but I heard (heh) there was some way to try every class at 50 without leveling them, any idea if there's any merit to what I'm talking about?

>No worries, dude, I understand. BRD does turn into a bow mage effectively after a certain point, but it's still pretty useful and fun. Play around with different jobs/classes to get a feel for them.
Mm, I'll reconsider BRD then, that said RDM looks pretty close to what I want but who knows if it'll be shit or boring.