ITT: How to not die on a long drive

I'm going to be making a 3,500 mile drive here in about 2 weeks. Just replaced my spark plugs and boots, bushings and ball joints in the front end, pinion seal, starter and fuel pump assembly over the past 3 weeks. What do you recommend on bringing for long trips? Extra oil, coolant, tools, and serpentine belt are already covered. Any advice would be appreciated.

3500 miles in a Ranger? That doesn't sound fun at all.

Hard no, I'm driving a '04 F250. Also that's a Ford Explorer.

Bumping with picture of race Explorer

>Not trusting your shitbox to make it to the next oil change

OP, it's 3500 miles. The only thing I'd bother bringing is an aired up spare.

>what are 3000 mile oil change intervals

Fill with high rated synthetic? That shit can hold up to 10k miles, but I'd probably change it after you get back.

Cruise control, a radio to listen to, a good mixtape or CD for areas you won't have radio, make sure your AC works if you have it

Some snacks, some water, sun glasses, stop for food, stop to rest, stop to stretch your legs

It'll take me 15 minutes in an auto zone parking lot to change it though.

conventional gets changed at 3500 bro
synthetic at 5k

you must be one of those retards like my father that thinks you can go 10-15k without an oil change

You (You)'d the wrong guy. I change my oil every 3,000 miles.

diff fluid is surprisingly handy on long runs if you encounter any flooding prone areas. Some cheap ass basic roadside assistance gift card and reflectors/cones/flares aren't a bad idea either

You must be one of the retards that never opens the manual for your vehicle, where it tells you exactly the intervals for oil changes.

coolant flush would be a good ideal, especially if you're headed out west, with how much it's warmed up in the past few weeks.

Asides from that, a spare keg for gas, and bunches of snacks, munchies, and your beverages of choice.

>I'm driving a '04 F250
6.0L?

Get roadside assistance coverage because you very well could need it.

>implying I can afford a diesel
5.4 Triton. And no, none of the spark plugs broke.

>5.4 Triton
sorry to hear that
>And no, none of the spark plugs broke.
non have broken yet, enjoy playing Russian roulette

similar boat as op

>trying to fix ac for road trip
>summer
>mfw ac doesn't seem to want to accept recharge, but no evident leaks
>mfw leaving in 2 days

Did you check the pressure in the high and low ends before recharging the system? The problem could be something besides "it needs refrigerant"

What data do you have that can prove your father wrong?

yeah checking it with manifold gauges, HF vac pump, and it holds vacuum for extended periods. not really sure what the low side should be reading when i'm trying to charge

Ran out of energy and light tonight, but my compressor started turning on and off real quick when trying to add r134a so i rigged one of the switches to make the compressor run constantly. didn't seem to take any, and air still blowing hot
did uv dye btw, and don't see any UV shit besides right around shraders

It's called anti-seize fampai. Not that hard.

>What do you recommend on bringing for long trips?
Look up in the archived threads for things people carry in their trunk besides a first aid kit. Otherwise, a cellphone and AAA membership card.

Be sure to have proof of insurance papers not just in your car, but in your wallet too.

If you get a slow leak, then a 12volt compressor air pump will let you refill enough air to limp for a few miles before you refill the tire again. That will let you get to a service station or tire center to get the tire patched. A hand air pump is slow and might only slightly outpace the air leak so refilling takes longer that way.

>summer a few weeks out
>want to go to places far away
>car I got this spring does not have AC
>the ventilation fan squeaks really loud when I turn it on

My manual calls for oil changes every 7,500 miles. With regular conventional oil.

The manual can also be wrong. Years ago, there was the case where the manufacturer in eagerness to sell cars, had the manual printed up to show such long periods of time for conventional oil.