Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bgA-8xui6r4
youtu.be/YDCb3ofQMOE
youtu.be/Ww40TiNInZc
youtube.com/watch?v=hF9mmnslgec&t=40s
youtube.com/watch?v=vaXs0VOcztI
youtube.com/watch?v=fssM1FyUvfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do people say that you can accidentally loop yourself with a 600? This is the biggest load of baloney I have heard in years. I do have an older 600 with only 100 to the wheel but the only chance this bike ever has at anything resembling a wheelie is cracking it wide open in first after loading the suspension and swinging your weight back.

Sorry sweetie, but you wont loop yourself on a 600.

fuckin redditors man

they are the worst

The reason it's not recommended to start on a 600 is because you'll likely end up like that that yammienoob fag and delet your bike into a Porsche.

You need to be experience to do this. Too many n00bs attempt a loop with a 600 and fail.

He could be talking about engine size, which is usually the basis of tax and insurance rates.

Are knee pads/ leg guards acceptable if I want to wear shorts/ have to wear shorts at work

Just don't crash.

Agreed. Keep at it, and post the webm of babby's first ground loop!

>tfw everyone told you that you would be bored of the 250 before the end of the season and want a bigger bike
>a month in and its true

H-h-how do I stay true to my lovely baiku? I wish I didn't feel this way...

imo, it's better than nothing so yeah it's acceptable .

Stop this ShitKat, let him add the production of memes if he wants to.

THAT BIKE IS STILL AWKE!

Where I live insurance is pretty inexpensive, when I got my first car at 18 I payed $2600usd I got my bike months earlier and it was $285 with the same coverage, and both for the whole year

Seems like it would be less bruising to ones self-esteem to take the shorts in your backpack and change at work...

>tfw bikus are expensive here you so you can't really think of replacing it to new one.

>H-h-how do I stay true to my lovely baiku? I wish I didn't feel this way...
try to perfect your acceleration and change gears the smoother you can.
what motorcycle do you got?

It's fine user, that's the natural cycle of things. As you gain experience and maturity on a motorcycle, you start to appreciate qualities that weren't important to you before.

For the first few years of riding dual sports on the road, hooning about, doing wheelies, and romping over curbs like an asshole, I thought it was the ideal bike and I'd never want any other style of motorcycle. I took it on long trips, and it wasn't particularly comfortable to do so, but I told myself I was a more "pure" rider for just doing it and not complaining. Not giving in to "slow" and "creature comforts".

A few years go by and I started thinking about how nice it would be to go on some long distance rides without having to get off and massage my ass every 100 miles or shake the numbness out of my thoroughly vibrated hands. Could never bring myself to sell the dual sport, but I bought an old Goldwing on a whim that was listed in the local classifieds and have zero regrets. I'm still planning on adding a supersport for the track, but there's no replacement for a comfy touring bike or cruiser. Plus, I can actually afford to have two or three bikes now where I certainly couldn't when I was younger.

Switched from an i4 to a twin,
now I got vibrating mirrors, and can't see shit.

Any fix for this?

>less bruising to ones self-esteem
I don't have any so that's okay

m8 it wouldn't be that hard for me to loop myself on my 650cc 40hp dual sport if I went full retard on a launch or in first gear.

Novice riders trying to push the limits can wreck themselves on anything.

'82 Honda CM250C

Not being able to safely ride on the freeway is a bit of a pain in the ass. 55 mph is pretty much the top safe speed. I've had it up to 72 mph, but that involving tucking it like a MotoGP, on a downhill, in 40° F air. Have trouble maintaining 55 in hilly areas.

What's a maymay only bikers get? I'm talking real obscure ones, chicken strips is entry level.

Yes.

man, i could wheelie my 125 and 12 o'clock an er6
anything north of 60hp can and will somersault with an idiot such as you on the back

You can loop a 300 with enough stupidity dude, the power curve of a 600 in particular means a dumb new rider can easily go from "this is fine" to "oh fuck o'clock" with aggressive launches.

locate what's left of your shriveling manhood and give it a quickie to raise your clearly deficient levels of TEST

What bike? My twins mirrors are absolutely primo, but my friends Ninja 650 has the shittiest, most useless mirrors at speed.

How did I loop this piece of shit? By being a shit rider. Now lets take a bike with four times the power and same weight and see what happens.

My thumper vibrates the mirrors so badly at speed that all you see is the general blurry shape of any object.

When I see a vehicle in my mirrors that might be a cop, I have to grab the mirror and hold it to dampen the vibes enough to see if it has lights or markings of any kind.

I haven't found a fix.

>tfw cant decide between a dr650 and a tr650

As of now im leaning towards the TR. any advice?

Until I saw this WebM, I never knew sneks got thirsty. I'd take the DR, but I am bias toward Nipon machines and 2D girls.

Well lads, here in a bit I'm going to go look over a VN800 Vulcan and possibly bring it home.

Out of curiosity, how many of you cruiser fags here wear helmets and riding jackets?

Only people who have something to protect wear helmets, user. Which are you?

The TR is probably a nice bike, I don't have any experience with them.

The DR though has a massive aftermarket, is still in production, and is well known for being bulletproof. I'd get the DR.

>cruiser
I don't want to be rude but are you a homofag?

no bike
The ninja 650 is surprisingly vibey for what it is. That twinnie engine has been in development for so long but all iterations have the same shakeyness between 3000and 35000 rippems

youtu.be/bgA-8xui6r4

>tfw no Tuono
How can one bike be so perfect lads?

Nope, but for $1500 I figure I'd see how cruisers actually are to ride for awhile instead of just swallowing /dbt/s memes hook, line, and sinker. If I end up hating it then I'll just list it on CL and get my money back. If I end up enjoying it... well I've been in a dry spell and a hole is a hole.

I saw a a weird convoy of about 15 cruiser and bagger riders earlier with only 2 helmets (only 1 full face) among them. Just wanted to check if there have been any strides in the science of armored bandannas.

>tfw i not only have a twin, an undampened one at that

What kind?

My dad had a Guzzi 1200 griso, now that thing was the eptiome of smooth. Other than a small left right chugging at low rpm.

It's not perfect for me. Yes the V4 sounds good, but I love the howl of an I4, can't prove me wrong

>35000 RPM
>to the moon, Alice!

Any reasons NOT to go with the TR?

for instance, apparently there was a recall last year, and they just now figured out what the problem was a couple weeks ago.

Only reason im interested is because of the torque it has compared to the dr. And it looks pretty good. Not that that matters much. I think it might be a little heavier than the dr

Ask the KitKatKlan, he had a gay bike. I hate the style and seating position.

Be careful if you get it though, you will probably end up swallowing more than just memes.

I don't know of any reasons not to.

I think there's an user that has one who posts from time to time, but I don't remember if they actually had the bike or just wanted one. You can't get them in my country, so I really don't know much about them.

The DR on the other hand is everywhere here, and has lots of loyal followers.

All i4's sound alike.

*crossplane R1 not withstanding

youtu.be/YDCb3ofQMOE
Dealer support and parts availability might be a bit shakey?

Where'd you go with one of them, BMW?

Keep stalling when trying to take off on a hill. Is this normal?

I have to crank it up to 3-4k RPM and even more with a passenger on the back.

I can`t really say for sure, to be honest. I live in third world South Africa. I have many DS bikes in my years hooning about. But I have never seen a Husky of any kind. I've only ever liked Japanese bikes.

no torks

might be your gearing?

As the owner of a high revving i4, they don't kind of gay. V twin is best sound

I think i member the user youre talking about

Not sure, but on cycletrader ive seen a few for pretty cheap. Terras and stradas.

Cant find a single fucking one on bike finds/craigslist.

I dont blame you. Japcrap is good, reliable crap.

My bike is more of a "Touring Standard" than a cruiser in the 1940's style V-twin that generally defines cruisers, but I wear a full face helmet 100% of the time. On that bike, gloves probably 80% of the time, boots 80% of the time. I'd wear a jacket 90% of the time or so, but my old cheapshit jacket doesn't fit any more and I'm currently saving for a quality new jacket.

My dual sport I wear helmet and gloves 100% of the time and boots if I'm going anywhere but the grocery store. Same story on the jacket.

Post pic of the 125. Do you have mods on it or something?

>2 stroke
>How did I loop it

What's the deal with Moto Guzzi, /dbt/?

I never see them posted here, or around town. I went to look at an R65 one time and the guy had a couple in his garage, but they seem pretty rare in the wild.

Expensive? Unreliable? Parts hard to find? Or just no market penetration in the US?

How the fuck can a 250CC not go over 55mph easily?

My 125 does that in 4th gear

False. They are sex. Crossplane sounds like shit compared to a gixxer1000

>Yamaha XT-350
>2 Stroke
Nah, I am just bad at balancing wheelies. That been said it has 30 hp and weighs 120kgs so it is fairly strong I guess. Also drum brakes that have never been replaced.

If by sex you mean obese Alabamans fucking in a kfc bathroom, then sure. Otherwise I'd disagree with you

Really seems to depend on the model. Some singles vibe the mirrors like crazy, others are perfectly fine.

Ps I bet you have a KLR

Bit of a niche,

popular with the boomers. Think Ducati scrambler before the Ducati scrambler.

Modern renditions are relatively expensive to buy, performance isn't anything to write home about. The twinny is at it's last legs, getting more wheezy with every new round of Euro environmental restrictions.

Old ones aren't too shabby. Reliable work horse which doesn't ask for much. Nato over here used them.

Seems they are comfortable being in the margin and Piaggo group is letting them stay there.

Not bad bikes that. Pretty too.

Why the fuck would you type out "gixxer" like a nigger when the proper model name is GSXR?

Fun fact,

some Dutch lads in a shed did the hossack front end before Britten. This was the bike that inspired him to follow suit.

So just kind of mediocre compared to other new bikes, but with a heavy nostalgic appeal. Kind of like the current Triumph Bonneville / Thruxton / Scrambler.

Close, it's an XR. The factory mirrors didn't vibrate as bad, but I replaced them with some smaller aftermarket round mirrors and they get a pretty good vibration blur at high RPM.

What do you ride shit kat?

Bourbon. I did start typing out GSX-R but decided I wanted to be 'edgy'

Another fun fact,

the mgs-01 corsa is pure sex.

Exactly. With a bit more italian flair.

2005 fz6

>2005 fz6
Found the problem

Only I4 that sounds godly is the big bang r1

Would this be worse luck than having a /dbt/ sticker?

Which one would make for a decent meme sticker for my helmet?

>crossplane sounds worse than flatplane i4
I've been going on Veeky Forums for nearly 10 years now, and I have seen a lot of people say a lot of stupid shit in that time, but that absolutely takes the cake as the stupidest thing i've ever heard. Have you ever actually heard a crossplane R1?

>being a yamaha fag
Come now, we all know they sound like shit

>big bang
It's not actually a big bang, it's just an uneven firing order.

I really wished Honda would make a V4 cb1100.

As in, EXACTLY like the current one, air cooled and all, but with a V4.

:^(

Could you elaborate please? Does the front end have any advantages?

youtu.be/Ww40TiNInZc

U focking wot?

>air cooled V4
>those poor inner cylinder walls melting in the rear bank

Utter, shit-tier garbage, Satan. Nothing will ever sound as good as a flat plane I4 in the bike world. Those cross-plane motors will never sound like the F1 cars of old.

They had air cooled V4s back in the day, did they not?

I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of those but I sure as hell won't venture my 3000+ pictures folder to find it.

Maybe the VF1000F is the one I'm thinking about. I-it looked aircooled from the pictures.

R-right guys? G-guys?

You are wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=hF9mmnslgec&t=40s

Kys yourself.

Thats the sound of reliability.

I'm pretty sure there aren't, even the old Magnas, sabres, and vmaxs were liquid cooled. If there's an air cooled V4 i've never seen one.

Definitely not. Here, have 2 flat plane I4s that are literally the best sounds in the motorcycle world

youtube.com/watch?v=vaXs0VOcztI

Honestly, I don't have anything to say about this, but there are plenty of reliable bikes that sound better.

Ugh god don't put stickers on your helmet.

The only place stickers belong is beat to shit bike fairings and tool boxes.

Me!
Full face and everything. Am I cool now

Oh, well. Make it a 90º V, tilt it into an L and BAM, air cooling.

Copyright user 2017.

I really love the sound, and the idea of the Honda V4's. Magnas and Sabres keep popping up for cheap on Craigslist, but I've read real horror stories about getting the carbs in and out.

I really don't mind carbs as long as they're fairly easy to remove for maintenance or adjustment and reinstall, but any time I've had to wrestle and twist a carb for 30 minutes I start seeing red and wanting to hurl wrenches through my garage wall or at passing cars.

>Bottom end of the lower two cylinders roast themselves and the crankcase.

Good idea user. You should build one.

What are some models you think sound good?

I have a 125 Yamaha and I have never like the sound. Its a feeble purr, sounds almost like a rickshaw, lol.

I chose Yamaha for the reliability.

There are a lot of bikes that sound great! Aprilia makes some great sounding bikes, but honestly you're asking the wrong guy at the moment because I've got such a fucking hard-on for that I4 sound that isn't cross-plane because you might as well have a V4.

I ride a V-twin at the moment and I do like the sound of it, but I pine for the scream. Right now it's got a girthy grunt

youtube.com/watch?v=fssM1FyUvfo

my 1979 GS550E
New plugs and a float adjust and she purrs. 32K KMs.

>99% of the black guys I see on bikes are riding Harleys or Gold Wings
what did they mean by this

Same reason they like donked out Grand Marquis and Escalades and shit.

Huge, flashy, and easy to chrome out.

Obviously the larger, shinier, and flashier it is the harder you're balling dude.

it's kind of like the cadillacs of bikes. cushy, soft suspension, sofa seats

My RiderCoach gave me helmetpats today for listening to instructions and not dicking around!

including one guy on a gold wing who was wearing a hawaiian shirt and what i'll swear was a grandpa/bucket hat

it must have been strapped to his head somehow (or the fairings are WIZARDRY) because he was doing 90+ on the freeway

>perfect

not when they try to shove it into the naked category with those bikini fairings. At least give the tuono the shiver's headlight pls