Drive a whole decade old car

>drive a whole decade old car
>people still think it's brand new

By "people", you mean normies? Car guys will know what the deal is.

That being said, I will get the occasional compliment on my '09 at gas stations. People particularly seem to like my red seats...

The design has held up well for sure.

Yes People dont notice because the design hasnt changed a bit, its still a boring looking volkswagen with leather. Vag was always shit in designing memorable interiors and exteriors

>drive a brand new audi
>people think it's a hyundai

J U S T
U
S
T

This. I don't understand how they managed to basically go from design icon to Korean bullshit. Literally destroying their best looking car. Hopefully they will do an overhaul instead of lifting now that the sales are shit.

>its still a boring looking volkswagen
trash opinion

trash taste

trash opinion about my taste

trash opinion about my opinion about your taste

Alright I'm gonna stop before it goes too far.

hnnng

trash opinion about his opinion to your opinion about his opinion to your opinion about his taste

Those 09-12 pre facelift ones were by far the best looking. I find it funny how Audi has managed to make the S5 look progressively worse through each revision. I didn't appreciate the facelift, and newest ones look absolutely terrible.

>09-12
*08-12

Grüße aus Weiz, der pre-face lift A5 war der schönste!

oida

Stands out vs the trucks and rustbuckets of Michigan's UP.

feels good man

Lmao literally nobody thinks that pigfat POS is new, pls stop kidding yourself.

>being a schluchtenscheißer
ei schiggi diggi

Mine's more than a decade old ('04), and people still think it's new. Even some of the people who are into cars get it wrong, I blame the "contemporary design".

""""09"""""

>putting Quattro decals on your Audi

hey

Shoudl've done four rings

Meh. I still think that looks kind of tacky. There's already enough rings on the front and back.

I just have a bit of a soft spot for those big manufacturer side decals, I guess.

I used to think these were nice until I actually test drove one and realized how truly awful the interior is. Plus they're super affordable now so many of the drivers are beaners or fresh-out-of-high school fuccbois.

wife bought them for me so eh, I don't mind them. It's the most bland car I own so I'm open to anything breaking up the all white look of it.

I do like the rings on the old quattros but I think they'd come off kind of tacky on anything b5 and up.

yea the interior is as bad as people say, I have an 03 so it doesn't even have the slight improvements the later years have. Still a pretty fun car for the price though, you feel the weight in the corners but it has plenty of power.

nice rebadged volkswagen

the cubby in the dash was never designed with actually working in mind and the plastic in the interior probably rattled like all hell from the factory, fuck, it even still rattles are sticking a shit ton of dynamat under it too

but the interior is what sold me on my Z, the nicely bolstered and heated pleather seats are reasonably comfy, plus the wheel, pedal and shifter placement is perfect for me which is what's most important to me

Except for the Quattro AWD, transmission, and 4.2 V8... Just some minor differences. You're completely right though.

Surprised it doesn't look from that picture like your black finish is chipping. Most used examples I see have chipping/scratches on the window switch area, center stack, and gauges. I've also never been too impressed with leather quality in Nissans or Infiniti's.

That`s because Audi along with Jag and Aston haven`t bothered to update their design in eons.

Yea the driving position is really nice, but compared to the 370z or 300zx interior the quality doesn't even come close. A lot of things about the car just felt like cost cutting compromises, my radio died and both exterior door handle broke within to weeks of each other. Would you recommend putting dynamat under the plastic to prevent squeaking?

What are you talking about? The original S5 was facelifted 4-5 years ago, and the newest one looks completely different.

The 2003 had gray plastic, the 2004 and later models were painted black on top which scratched easier.

Is it a quattro?

1992 and still looks better and more contemporary than all those generic aggressive "modern" looking giant gaping front grill shitboxes.

Can it beat a BRZ?

b-but pedestrian safety!

It looks good, but it does look exactly like it's from 1992

Several normies I've met think my 10 year old 328i coupe is new.

tfw i cant do that because the license plates in my cuntry displays the date of the car

That's what it says on the tin

>implying a facelift is a major change

The fact is Audi hasn`t changed stylistically for over a decade.

Who's complaining about that?

Weird hood ridges are so yesterday.

Yeah, now grilles the width of a 747 are the norm

Many normies do not appreciate automobiles, so they won't necessarily know new vs old.

I had a black IS300 in good condition back in 2013 and people asked whether it was new.

I think it might be a consequence of the the era. A lot of people around that time at my age were used to old as fuck 1990's to early 2000's Toyota's and Honda's or clapped out, horrific mid-2000's domestic garbage from Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. So when they see and sit in a an actual good car from the same era it's like a "holy shit" moment.

I know that's how it was for me. I was used to a dodge caravan and a dodge sedan from the 90's so when I test drove the Lexus it felt like the coolest car ever.

Now I've been in more vehicles and even sitting in a new S-Class is like "Yeah, this is nice! I kinda thought that maybe it'd be even nicer based on all the hype, though..."

>Audi

Plebs that I would at least rate above Acura drivers

what the fuck is with the door panel. looks like its missing. seriously, does it even worth cheaping out on some fake wooden trim? probably costs $1 to produce

wat

this. mazda always made and is making great designs.

oh shi

There are tons of cars that would still look fresh if the bloating of the beltline didn't happen in the early 00s.
The high beltline of modern cars instantly makes an old car look old, no matter how progressive it otherwise looks.

Really makes you think by the way.

You're a fucking idiot. You said the design hasn't changed, and the facelift certainly is a change. Different headlights, front & rear ends, steering wheel etc...

Not to mention the 2017 S5 looks nothing like a 2008.

So don't move the goalposts and say that it's not a big enough change.

A real example of a design that hasn't changed in a decade is Nissan's 370Z.

I think what he's implying is the "design language" or w/e that term is hasn't changed which isn't really uncommon for a car manufacturer.

with all the blowby in the 2.0t tfsi? might be tricky

>have a 2008 S5
>want to change because the mileage is getting up there
>patiently wait for the new one with a hyped up release
>it looks like fucking kiaundai trash
I hope Wolfgang Egger gets to choke on a dick every day for the rest of his life.

Well first he said "design"... Then he said "styling". So he needs to clarify exactly what his gripe is and explain why it's an Audi problem.

Just get a 2012 with lower miles. Last year it looked good.

Meh, I'll just stick with it until next 3er comes along. Maybe the interior won't be dressed up 15 year old plastic trash like the current one.

I would recommend removing that plastic door from the center dash bit you have ripped out in your picture, I had a specific rattle at 5000 rpm I was hunting and removing that door that never fucking worked seemed to do the trick

however dynamat is cheap and most of the interior pops out easy so I feel it was worth it, at least most the rattles I still hear sound like they're in the drivers door (been too lazy to investigate) and back of the car

it's a dimpled plastic so trying to use cleaners on it never gives a consistent finish too

>it's a dimpled plastic so trying to use cleaners on it never gives a consistent finish too
how is it even possible to make this shit interior in a fucking sports coupe? not only it is designed like shit, because nissans sure looked way cooler in 80s and 90s, but its also cheapest plastic there exists. the steering wheels is so ugly, its like provoking me to crash into a tree or something just for airbag to shoot out so i can stop seeing this ugly bitch wheel

That is a B8.5 how is a decade old?

>drive a 2008 volvo c30 t5
>normies still ask me if its a new car

yeah it looks better than most 2008 cars you can get here, but there are new volvos on the road, how the fuck you cant notice the styling changes in between a early c30/s40 and the current s40s out there?

>German engineering

Enjoy your meh interiors and blown engines, fags.

>muh american interiors are the best!!

No it isn't. You can see the V8 badge on the side.

>meh interiors
Yeah. All those auto journalists praising Audi interiors year after year must be paid off.

He means the platform is a decade old but the new gen comes out this year so his autistic rant is merely shitposting

>have a 2008 S5
>mileage is getting up there

How many miles, and what's the reliability been like? What have you had fixed?

Walter da Silva is indeed a genius.

those lines are a fucking mess

Auto journalists don't get to drive new cars if that insult the manufacturer

the facelifted one looks way better

This happens in my w204 nearly 10 years old and people still shit themselves.

Terrible. I hate those headlights.

I live in northern europe and drive an almost mint silver chrysler neon gen 2. Nobody fucking knows what the fuck that is and some people stare at it trying to understand what it is. Also people mostly care for german cars, so they have no idea how old it is. It's ''american'' roundness and looking big while being small also helps it.

The interior aged like shit tho compared to the exterior

>mfw poorfag can't afford a "volkswagen"

Because real men dont have VAGinas.

The A5 is so fucking ugly. And it's not only shit aesthetically, but it's so fucking badly designed it doesn't even have an opening sunroof.

Audi = same car, different badges.
Audi = suckers way to pay extra for a shitty VW.
Audi = angry corporate drones ragedriving cos cucked so hard.
Audi = midlife crisis clown-car.
Audi = dried-up soccer moms drunk-driving on Pinot.
Audi = dull people's idea of success.

>failing THIS hard at life

And most of the EU and some of the US motoring press is German owned.

>you do the math

Audi's are nice as fuck.
People keep stressing about jews.
Jews fucked up the car industry and made life miserable, not fucking Audi.

Don't hate on audi because we are all paying out of our ass to rothschild & co you fucking nobheads.

Is there anything more plain looking than an audi?

schöne Gegend Bernd

>$17000 service every 100k miles

the VW it's based on

is that your Hyundai?

>doesn't know that FSI 4.2's have a revised timing chain

By "plain looking", you mean understated and able to be driven past the age of 25 without looking like a massive faggot?

Good, pump up the popularity of my korean noodle box.
We shall ride together into battle brother.

Yeah? Please go ahead and tell me which car in Volkswagen's lineup is so similar to an Audi S5 that it's not worth buying.