Veeky Forums Tool General

What tools do you have?
First set?
Best brand?
Weird tools you can't live without?
Post em if you got em!

Also, I'm a mobile forklift tech, I have almost all snap-on stuff and a large bag I carry most of the tools I use commonly in.

I'm trying to find a set of carbon wrenches like pic related, but can't find shit on google outside of like tiny drone shit. Any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7NdZMn1mk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get the k-swap asap.

Best brand is anything with a life time warranty that's cheap

I gotta agree. If you can replace it as many times as needed then there's infinite value there. Pic related is my chest

What do you niggers think of cornwell?

The snapon and matco truck come to the garage i work at on the days i have off and the cornwell guy seems a lot more willing to make deals. Any good?

>niggers
ask this guy

Fuck you too.

I just can't stand the action on Harbor Freight wrenches... they're like 14 teeth

Ratchets, fuck me.

There's only infinite value if your life has no value.
Harbor Freight make complete junk. Anything that doesn't need to be precise you can get away with harbor freight on, but you save 20% and lose 200% on quality and usability.
I never understood why idiots buy harbor freight to remove fasteners, they have insanely bad QC and tolerances. Barely a step above a dollar store adjustable wrench.

>first set
Some stuff my grandpa gave to me, probably just wal mart special "universal" kit

>best brand
Snap on but I don't know if that's actually worth the insane price when there are other tools that are just as good out there

>weird tools you can't live without
A multitool

>what do you have
Some misc. stuff but I'm set to inherit a bunch from my grandfather this week. Or rather he's giving them to me because he knows that his blood grandson has no interest in cars or working with tools. A lot of craftsman stuff and other tools he used when he worked in the aviation industry. I'm sure it'll be just fine for working on a car

I'm looking to get a set of swivel head ratchets. Nothing too fancy. Any recommendations?

Finally got a project car, and it needs a shit ton of work. Wanted to pick up a 300 piece set to use to do shit like drop the exhaust/tranny/fuel tank, and eventually pull the whole engine later down the road. Friend that also works on RXs suggested a $200-$300 Kobalt set. How do these sets stack up? He said ya, they'll break from time to time, but they should be more than enough to get most jobs done, and when they do break, they have a lifetime warranty.

>What tools do you have?
Bunch of hand-me-down Craftsman stuff from my grandpa inside a big red rolling cabinet from Lowes.
>First set?
exactly like pic related, my dad gave it to me when I got my first car. Haven't lost anything yet, and it's been over 10 years. Still is sitting in the spare tire well of my current car right now.
>Best brand?
Fuck if I know. I keep telling myself one of these days I'm going to donate all of my tools I have in the cabinet and purchase everything new since I keep breaking some of the older off-brand shit and commonly find myself without the proper tool for the job, and have a few empty spaces here and there.
>Weird tools you can't live without?
I have this little pocket thing that looks like a swiss army knife, but one side is all phillips heads and the other side is all flatheads. Have a second one that's all hex keys. They both save my ass in a pinch pretty well.

>forgot pic related

>carbon fibre wrenches

triggered

CF has great strength for bending but you lean on wrenches in completely the wrong direction for those to hold up.

>everyone on Veeky Forums drives shitboxes

>op's tools cost more than the actual cars driven here

>probably op owns an old Ford Ka worth $150

Maybe if you get the shitty ones, I like the polymer handle ones, they are comfy and strong and have a nice ratcheting mechanism.

>first set
Old craftsman 200 PC mechanics set. Made in usa, nothing in it has ever failed.
>Best
I have snap on wrenches. I think anything with flank drive that is of good steel is fine. I don't make a living with my tools, so ..
>Weird tools you can't live without
A set of jumpers I made for tracking down electrical problems.
Not weird but picks are an often overlooked tool that can really speed things up.
I also have two bolts, 6 nuts and an old brake pad that used in combination frees up any rusted on brake rotors.

wut
carbon fibre does have tensile strength
but its bad at compression and abrasion
it can flex but not does not like being bent

spanner roll of imperial wrenches
spanner roll of metric wrenches
stanley socket set/ratchet
iron pipe i found on side of the road, been using it for years as a hammer/breaker bar
crescent wrench stays in my glove box, if the repair requires anymore than that then i should reconsider roadside repairs

>tool you cant live without
rattle gun, to take shit off, torque wrench to put things on

I just bought my first set last weekend.

254 pc. Craftsman mechanic set for $150.

It's all sockets and ratchets, but it's a start. Gonna do my first oil change today

Ryobi 1+

Of course you buy harbor freight tools

>I also have two bolts, 6 nuts and an old brake pad that used in combination frees up any rusted on brake rotors.
Pics? I'm always interested in homemade tools. In return have this pic of a to I plan yo make soon to remove the plastic locker ring on my fuel pump

>254 pc tool set
>for a job that needs one wrench

Where's a good place to buy snap on, macco, matco, cornwell ect tools? Is there somewhere I can buy small things? I see the trucks driving to shops all the time, do you have to order shit?

A fuckton of mixed shit

Primarily Biltema, the Harbor Freight of Scandinavia. Ok tools at great prices. Mostly ratchets, wrenches, a few small air tools, my jacks, my compressor and some other stuff

Some Teng stuff like the oversize screwdrivers, a socket/drill bit set, some one-hand sledge hammers and assorted goodies

Bunch of both old and new non-existent brand stuff

A set of Würth steel drill bits that I use for stupidly thick/hard steel. Easily my favorite brand, and I plan to slowly replace most of my cheap stuff with it

My first set was a set of 7-19mm colored wrenches from Biltema

Can't live without any of them

Get a job at some shit warehouse plant, take notes on the maintanence crews schedule, plot the perfect plan to steal their shit.

Be it the grab bag of essentials, or the whole damn chest on wheels, man. Make it happen.

>There's only infinite value if your life has no value.
>posts on Veeky Forums
kys Ethan

I've lately been buying a good amount of Ryobi stuff, as I really like the quality of the tools, the amount of stuff available in the One+ battery series and the good pricing

>implying there's something wrong with the ford ka

>first band
My granpa tool set, chromium-vanadium, all kind off stuff, he used to do engine repairs.

>best brand
I might be biased but BETA is really good.

>weird tool
Flexible screwdriver, it's just nice sometimes

I'll just leave this here

The pro series ones are decent

Doesn't compare to my snap on one, but eh it was an 1/8 the price

Lifetime warranty means that HF wrench sees the real nasty abuse too
I've only stripped a tooth off my snap on ratchet once and got it replaced anyway
Laughed one time when i realized that my $500 cavalier carried around $1500 worth of tools

Someone steals that pig and knows what they've got they got the heroin jackpot

I have all craftsman and always have but am moving away from them now. My Craftsman purchases over the last few years have all left my severely disappointed.

pretty much this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ep7NdZMn1mk
except i place the old brake pad against the rotor so the bolts don't mare the surface of the rotor. I also have one nut on the end of the bolt so the threads of the bolt don't get messed up preventing me from removing the bolt and using it again.

Op here, pic related is my daily company truck, and the corner of my shitty pickup I actually drive

could fucken live in that thing

man i hate being reminded niggers exist

I'm more jealous of the space you have to work in, I don't have a garage or even a shed to store my tools in right now