Greatest automotive fuckups

>copy the miata
>make it front wheel drive

Front wheel drive is good

*blocks your path*

>slam power down
>lose rear
>roll down mountain

>(insert car i personally dislike here because it didn't have something i personally wanted)
>(insert meme that supposedly makes a car a "fuck up")
Lets be honest this is just a shitpost thread.

Hes not wrong, but it will become one.
Just not the right choice for the Capri.

>outtakes you mid-corner from the inside gutter

>handling by
Who the fuck does this?

Lotus

Both the Prelude and Del Sol. Both could have been amazing but instead Honda wanted to be fags about it and make them FWD

They went from the RX7, arguably one of the greatest sports cars ever made, to this. The RX8 also successfully killed the rotary engine.

not Lotus

Lotus

rx8 handles extremely well. Just engine isn't powerful enough to make up for the maintenance.

GM after the Chevelle SS

>cheap, light, RWD
>every single version looks gay as fuck
>convertible

The producers of some of the best handling cars the world has ever seen.

Honestly what was the point in doing that? They already has the Civic and Integra as their "sporty" FWD cars, I don't understand why the prelude or del Sol had to be FWD as well

there was a handling by lotus badge on some AW11s

So the GNX wasn't good enough then?

>Lotus, Ford and Fiat all make the same mistake

What is it about the Miata that makes manufacture's wanting to compete with it go "I know the secret to beating it FWD!"

I mean shit I like it but part of what makes the Miata so popular is the fact it's RWD you mongs. I know Lotus' Elan can be blamed on GM though.

Companies that own lotus, like using Lotus to make their cars handle better, look when GM owned them and the Izuzu Piazza/Impluse and a few other cars from around then, Proton does it now with their shitboxes. And it isn't just companies that own them but they've helped other companies before too, IE the DMC-12 development.

Imho the first gen really isn't that gay looking. Something about popups.
The latest gen is too angry but they did break away from a lot of the gay.
The NC is the worst offender of the bunch. It looks like a "gay male". At least the NA and NB look female. As much as a car can look like a certain human gender.

The GNX wasn't really GM. It was McLaren if I remember right.
Not saying the regular GN wasn't a phenomenal car. I agree with that GM went to shit, with an exception of a couple of cars like the GN.

As far as I know McLaren ASC only really provided the Turbo and intercooler, the rest of it, as well as the already decent base with the GN/T-type was handled by GM.

Fun fact about McLaren ASC, not only did they do allot of work in regards to turbocharging cars of the era, but they've done allot of work with convertibles, including but not limited too helping engineer the SSR's folding top.

But the Miata is a literal wet noodle on wheels. S2000 beat it at their own game ages ago.

except the miata is still being sold so maybe you need to think about your theory some more

Speed isn't the thing that sells the miata either. It's driving experience, if people wanted power even Miata fags will tell you it's not the place to look unless you want to do some work to it.

I agree though I'd rather an S2000.

>let's put this V6 into your grandparent's Buick!
>Look! Performance!

because Honda has their cocks rock hard for FWD, somehow the S2000 and S660 slipped by their sights but they just love to ruin cars meant to be RWD

>cars meant to be RWD

inb4muh lude

if these were RWD, i would own one until the day i die

>accelerate
>the car's weight transfers away from the front wheels
>can't accelerate until weight transfers back to the front
>repeat

>RX8 killed the rotary
RX-7 managed to be perfectly unreliable and waste gas without the RX-8 "Killing the rotary"

>Every single version looks gay as fuck
Nah mate, the NC is the only gay one. Looks fucking disgusting.

>copy the Ferrari 456GT
>and every other beautiful GT coupe ever made
>make it FWD
>remove the turbo option in the second generation
>give it a limp-wristed engine instead of the SHO 3.2L

I still love them though I'm looking for a 93 GT right now

This thread could easily be called "Cars that were ruined by going FWD"

the ultimate fuckup
the weird part is that people actually fucking bought them

Worst part is, the original Pronto concept was RWD and V6 until bean counters got a hold of it

I love the AE101. Imo the last good looking Corolla.

If that thing was RWD, it would have been a true successor to the AE86, especially with the silvertop/blacktop, arguably one of the best NA 1.6L in existence.

This is toyota going "We want the prelude audience"

Not that I mind I kind of want the supercharged AE92.

The rx7 turbo is regarded as one of the best sports cars ever made.

>creates maybe a handful of legitimately different cars
>doesn't change the design for ~20 years
>concept is successful and sells millions
>still goes bankrupt

how did you fuck this one up GM?

>goes bankrupt doing facelifts
>panel gaps large enough to rent out to college students

There can only be one miata, user

GM went bankrupt because they couldn't get credit due to the bank crisis.

They had more assets than debts, but couldn't borrow against those assets because no one had any money to lend them.

Bailout was still bullshit, they would have survived Chapter 13.